youtu.be/cqlYXdVPPoA
youtu.be/i57ZP4XL6sQ
youtu.be/euGWSpqK8GA
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/cheap-88-toyota-mr2-aw11/6391297097.html
youtube.com/watch?v=n10tXGnfZW4
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

inb4 the fanboys down play it

umm swweetie the mr2 is the godmachine layout mayube you shold try drivinfg better?

>HURRR snap oversteer DURRR
Anyone saying this has never driven a MR2. I absolutely guarantee it. You watched RCR's videos and BOOOM your comment on snap oversteer just joined the shit list of worthless comments on the bullshit snap oversteer comments on Veeky Forums. It's all sad, very sad indeed.

Sure the possibility for snap oversteer is there but it still takes a combination of at least two of the following to happen: 25 year old suspension that is fucked in some way, shitty tires and the driver doing something retarded. The last one is always involved and the primary reason for it and the first two points can be easily fixed for good. Seriously with lowering springs or updated roll bar the car has perfectly balanced handling and if you ever manage to get into slide they are very controllable.

If you want some actual nitpicks and minor problems here are some that you may encounter:
Door-sills and the lower parts of doors themselves are prone to rust.
People talk about leaky T-tops and dashboard rattle, I have never had the former but latter is a thing in certain conditions.
Brake calipers can seize up sometimes especially the rear ones.
Car is very sensitive to uneven tire pressure (left and right) especially on the front axle.
"hose from hell" may be a thing on the turbo models.
Be prepared to spend some time and money to tune out the power understeer if you have 93+ suspension on N/A MR2

t. someone who has owned a 1993 N/A MR2 for 5 years.

L E A K Y T - T O P S
E
A
K
Y

T
-
T
I
P
S

WHERE'S THE SILICONE SEALANT?
WHERE'S MY PETROLEUM JELLY FUGG

shin etsu grease my man

Why herro there

goddamn it Nick stop posting my car

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

youtu.be/TlZdlSz-5j4
youtu.be/JMaf1QT7sk8
youtu.be/m4JqIHqv7ik
youtu.be/n6nG_VQcXto

Don’t try to deny that it exists. It’s a flawed design

Like clockwork

thanks for posting examples of flawed drivers. here lemme use your logic and search "______ spin out" to prove that literally anything is flawed in design.

youtu.be/1wBz80EMIr4
youtu.be/bYs1e-JSVyw
youtu.be/SiMIqatsh-U
youtu.be/cqlYXdVPPoA
youtu.be/i57ZP4XL6sQ

Mid engine cars are a flawed design.

Shit suspension, get a better handling MR car.

>that guy feeding the wheel on track

Wtf my dude

Makes more sense than putting it all the way in the front or back, dumbfuck.

FR cars are a bad design, worse space efficiency, less weight over the powered wheels, big polar moment of inertia, more drivetrain losses.

スナップオーバーステア

Sorry but everyone knows that FF is the best configuration.

*punishes shit driver*
nothin personnel kid

yeah i hear lambo is switching over to that real soon

>He thinks Lamborghini is a good standard for performance makes

>Snap oversteers

Snap oversteer is induced when the throttle is lifted while midway through a corner (lift-off oversteer), often by inexperienced drivers trying to reduce speed after braking too little.

>even driving enthusiasts on race tracks cant overcome the shittiness of the mr2's suspension

>He thinks having the engine in front increases stability in turns

Wow I can't believe F1 cars handle like shit.
youtu.be/euGWSpqK8GA

What's going on in this thread?

Why do you think so? They are more controllable. You just have to know how to drive.

imagine being so mad you ignore facts

>he thinks having the drive wheels in back improves stability in turna

>turna
Is that like tuna?
Because I like tuna, but I'm not crazy about the mercury content.
Or maybe I am.

an na mr2 won't have as much of an issue. I snap oversteered today in a mr2 turbo, taking a turn from fullstop into my neighborhood. Snap oversteer is real and not an overblown meme

>ITT; Soyboys can't handle the objectively superior MR layout

It's called "lift-off oversteer" and it's a characteristic that a lot of race car drivers WANT because it gives you extra turn in on corner entry (that's where you're supposed to be lifting off).

The only time it'll give you trouble is if you're a shit cunt driver and go into a corner too fast, realise you're not going to make it, and bork out mid or late corner like >youtu.be/TlZdlSz-5j4

>youtu.be/JMaf1QT7sk8
>youtu.be/m4JqIHqv7ik
These two ABSOLUTE TURKEYS Oversteer late in the corner and don't even punch the throttle to shift the weight to the back = shitcunt drivers.

>youtu.be/n6nG_VQcXto
The worst of them all....
>driving in rain at 20kmph
>give it a little too much throttle peeling out of roundabout
>car gets a tiny bit sideways like literally any RWD LSD car would
>panic
>spaghetti arms

If you're point was to prove that shitcunt drivers shouldn't drive an MR2 you proved it, meanwhile for those of us who actually have a modicum of skill it's a great car.

Bullshit asshole no one likes the mercury content here.

obviously a miata owner.

go jump up and down on your gear stick you pleb

no one like you.

Do you feel like MR2 owners and Miata owners are in some kind of rivalry or something?

if you can call it that when the mr2 is better in every way.

OwO what's this

Is it over? Can I post now?

while i agree that the mr2 will kill any shitty driver that thinks it can handle it, the N/As weren't as prone to dat snap as the turbo'd ones were.

i got lucky with mine and the snap happened at 3 am on a very wide, empty road while i was being a dumb little faggot. i learned and i found that the mr2 is a fucking godmachine.

also pic related. someone cap this post and make it an mr2 trying to lure victims lol

Snap overseer is usually a combination of bad driving and worn-out suspension parts.
my 1992 Camaro RS is SUPER prone to snap overseer, even more so than an MR2.
the cause is from the roll centers being angled to much twords the rear.

that being said, i was easily able to correct the rear backing out at my local autocross.
if you catch is before the weight shifts, it's not an issue.

>t. simple mods Shingo

Miatas and S2Ks also snap, brand new and bone stock.

It's just part of a well handling car. They don't like skids or shit drivers.

God forbid any of you discover the handling properties of sportbikes

>skid the rear ever so slightly
>SNAP
>realize you are being catapulted towards death and your bike is hot on your tail, trying to crush you

You won't fool me

>T-Tops are 2/3rds the price of hardtops here
>sunroof models are hard to come by

it's the turbo lag combined with the MR layout that makes it a little dangerous for average / below average drivers.

as long as you steer quickly enough you should be fine but you gotta be 100% alert to do it which can be tough for people who don't drive their shitboxes at the limit to know what to do in that situation

Try to drive it without traction control, stability management, and ABS. The MR and RR platforms have a tendency to snap oversteer if you are not careful. Of course, if you know how to drive then it is no problem.

If you think it is easy to drive an MR or an RR, then try it without any electronic aids. If you don't know how to disable it, try to play a racing sim and disable all electronic assists. Try an MR and you will go for a ride...with the destination being a crash to the wall.

>It's called "lift-off oversteer" and it's a characteristic that a lot of race car drivers WANT
This, I like these kind of cars percisely because they are easy to control in terms of making the car do what you want it to do.

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/cheap-88-toyota-mr2-aw11/6391297097.html

possibly related?

Depends on the MR/RR car. The fiero for example is equally MR yet it's not known for snap oversteer. Of course, that doesn't mean it's necessarily feels better to drive.

Hey, I know that road.
I drive up there too.

my fwd automatic sports car doesn't have this problem

remove pressure from the rear tires and learn how it feels like.

youtube.com/watch?v=n10tXGnfZW4

Of course, suspension, tires, and horsepower contribute to whether a MR/RR has less of a chance of snap oversteer.

You cats really need to stop this shit about
>Turbo's have more chance to snap oversteer

Firstly stop calling it snap oversteer, that's not what it is, there's nothing snappy about it.
Secondly MR2's have great traction and balance when the throttle is on, that's not the problem.

The problem is the MR2 is statically an oversteer car; if you push it to fast round a corner with neutral or no throttle the rear will lose traction first through sheer inertia.
Most people are used to their shitty front engine passenger cars which will always understeer first without aggressive weight shift, trailbraking, or throttle -with throttle being the most common cause of oversteer your average Joe is ill-equipped to deal with an inertia oversteer, his brain does something like this:
>oh no oversteer?
>better back off the throttle, since too much throttle is the only way cars ever oversteer in my normie brain
>oh shit that just made it worse
>panic!
>brakes!
>wtf this car is a death trap

All you have to do is dab the throttle and the weight shifts to the back, but this is counter-intuitive to their FR conditioned brain.

snap oversteer isnt a problem, its a solution

the final solution

>dab the throttle
That is something you should not do. The better solution is to be more sensitive of the car and be smoother with the steering.

That said, the best solution is an actually good suspension setup. Here's one example from over rev! where the protag drives an mr2.

>don't dab the throttle

but m-muh senna

>you should never dab the throttle
>here's an example from a manga

Yeah whatever cunt, I actually own first rev SW20 (the oversteer model) and I can tell you from first hand experience that if you get sideways from inertia - throttle is the only thing that will save you.
The weight isn't going to shift back on it's own!

>Here's one example from [shitty manga]

fucking gold. great work user

>doesn't understand what happened to itself
:(

>Sure the possibility for snap oversteer is there
lrn2read

>not driving superior MF cars
lmao faggot