/ITALIA/

>post italian cars (and trucks)
>talk about italian cars
>mourn Lancia

So, after lots of welding and painting, I finally got my 156 V6 back on the road. It took about 4 months to restore the door sills and front wheel arches. I'm over the moon to finally have it back.
>pic related; my 156's V6

Other urls found in this thread:

giuliaforums.com/forum/481-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio/10721-engine-turns-off-left-lane-highway-going-75mph.html
youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
ebay.it/itm/FILTRO-ARIA-SPORTIVO-SUPER-COMPETITION-SPRINT-FILTER-ALFA-MITO-1-4-T-JET-P415S/253151000813?hash=item3af0f9b8ed:g:9tkAAOSwT6pVnMWF
alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulia/1068522-campaigns-6116-6117-6118-a.html
torque7.co/product/tjetmultiair
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If it ever dies for good, at least you can use its heart for a bitchin Stratos replica.

lol

What would Veeky Forums realistically wish from a modern Stratos? I myself would like to see redesigned 4C body (wedge of course) with the 2.9l Quadrifoglio engine if it fits.

lol

at least the m3 knob is small and fits the cabin proportions
the giulias shifter is 2 feet tall and looks so out of place it's comical

here for the memes

is that really the thing you choose to nitpick?

that shifter is a 2007 design and it still looks better than the 2016 giulia

Just punching in before mjet gets here and shits up the thread

But the M3 knob looks fucking bad though

>someone enjoying his cars means shitting up the thread

explain

yeah i'm just nit picking. I dont have to talk about the overall garbage quality of the giulia and fca cars in general

Do you see any difference between this BMW shifter and the Giulia's other than the angle towards the driver?

His attitude towards anything non-Italian is fucking SHIT.

the difference is the alfa's shifter looks like a mutilated nigger dick.

>I dont have to talk about the overall garbage quality of the giulia and fca cars in general

yes, you don't have to, and you didn't. you're still nitpicking

lads

at least the chevy engine won't try to literally kill you.
giuliaforums.com/forum/481-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio/10721-engine-turns-off-left-lane-highway-going-75mph.html

Meanwhile GM ignition switch recall

youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

i can't believe there hasn't been a lawsuit for the giulia yet

>General Motors (GM) recalled about 800,000 of its small cars due to faulty ignition switches, which could shut off the engine during driving and thereby prevent the airbags from inflating. The company continued to recall more of its cars over the next several months, resulting in nearly 30 million cars worldwide recalled and paid compensation for 124 deaths.The fault had been known to GM for at least a decade prior to the recall being declared.

While a Giulia put one guy in a bit of danger, GM killed hundreds

>busso v6
well neither will that, still proves the ecotec is shit

>only one
there are at least 15 different people in that thread alone which have had their cars shut down on highways
and only very few % giulia owners have registered in the forums

you don't register in a forum when you dont have a problem

Got this recently, runs and drives, for €170

Nice!
Even got the sunroof. What engine?

Is the 147 a good first car? I heard lot of good things
>tight suspension
>great handling
>fun to drive
>cheap
The only thing I'm worried about is realiability. Also which is the best engine? 1.6Ts or 1.9jtd?

1.8 twin spark with the 5mt.
Engine is most likely not that great, and I can't drive it due to no current inspection, so I will try to part it out, to try and make some profit and gain some experience.

My cousin is maybe interested in the engine to learn how to rebuild (280.XXX km) and to swap it into his 80's Fiat Ritmo Bertone . he might buy the leather seats too for his T3 camper.

Best thing is still how I was able to talk down the previous owner from €700 to €170

JTD hands down, can't beat dem torkz

Looks great OP

But the ts should have better performances, or not?

The 1.8 TS is pretty much the bare minimum you should be looking at for any Alfa from that era, the 1.6 is really slow.
At least the JTD has loads of low-down torque.

Afaik the 147 doesn't have a 1.8ts. Only 1.6 and 2.0, but the 2.0 has the selespeed gearbox which is a mess.

Yeah stay away from the Selespeed, get the 1.9 JTD and be done with it. That engine is indestructible and by far the better 1.9 diesel.

I... I kinda like those wheels, tho.

ITALIAN IS SOULFUL.
>need to change spark plugs and possibly the timing belt since they recommend changing it at the 4 year mark

Also need to change the air filter. Should I go for a BMC/K&N or just buy a paper one?

So I'm seriously considering an aftermarket exhaust. I've been looking at a couple options, both of which sound fantastic...

I want to buy an alfa but I dunno which one and I heard that they are unreliable. Is that true?

see

Buy a SprintFilter, they're the best and they're made in Italy.

No.

And no a forum entry is not valid since it has been proven that there were many trolls posting on that forum about made up shit...

Is this the peak performance for the A segment? How will they do with the next model?

ebay.it/itm/FILTRO-ARIA-SPORTIVO-SUPER-COMPETITION-SPRINT-FILTER-ALFA-MITO-1-4-T-JET-P415S/253151000813?hash=item3af0f9b8ed:g:9tkAAOSwT6pVnMWF

>forum trolls
>made up shit
This is what alfa cucks actually believe
alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulia/1068522-campaigns-6116-6117-6118-a.html

My Chevy S10 randomly shutoff on the highway

Literally two posts since the usual BMW butthurt with small penis syndrome came here ruining the thread as usual.

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than trolling on a Colombian ravioli makers imageboard?

>blaming BMW drivers for italian cars being shit
typical alfa fags in denial

0/10

I would love this V6 in an Alfa, but I'm worried about the rest of the Alfa being unreliable. However, if I could get any potential problems fixed, just how reliable is the engine itself?

>Italian
>re-badged MX-5
>sounds like a tractor

yes, get a new exhaust. and car.

The busso is reliable but it's expensive to maintain and you have to know a skilled mechanic who knows the engine.

The engine has never let me down to the point of it not starting. I had some misfires once which were due to a failed coilpack. I also had to replace a breather hose which I had to be custom made on order. But if you are car-savvy it shouldn't be a problem. All the repairs mine needed, I either carried out myself or had my father help me.

The Busso V6 is probably the most reliable part of any car it's in.

>not wanting a car to literally want to kill you
what are you a pussy?

nice post you really showed him

found out last night that my feet are too wide to drive a Ferrari 308 :'(
foot hits the brake pedal and tunnel before I can touch the throttle.

that ass is amazing please jesus

Use smaller shoes fucking burger instead of some autistic boots

>yuro
>calling others autistic

i swer i pull the trigger on one for my car now if they shit i will find u and shit down your throad

They're 10€ more than the BMC, tho

It's my favorite part of it, too :^)

>before I removed the stripes

>shoes already too tight for feet
sorry I'm not an impish child

>10€ more than the BMC
bruh are you for soul an passion now or not?
>mfw that was literally also what I was considering and now I have troubles
I have to check how much even a normal filter for mine costs lmao
pic not related

Geez that thing is ugly, Miata looks infinity better

your opinion is wrong

BMC filters are pretty well regarded too, and they're italian as well.
They're also the ones used by Abarth.

My mum wants a new car and she really really likes the Fiat Uno. How do I break on her than Fiats are pieces of shit?

man i dunno desu they're more or less the same price anyways for me, i even found one website selling the SF for 10 bucks less than the BMC, but the website doesn't look that trustworthy lmao
you should go for a complete induction kit anyways man.
> torque7.co/product/tjetmultiair
these fuckin brits are the best for the FIRE 1.4 (mine lel) but I don't have 300 bucks to spend on a 180k km engine because that's almost my complete monthly income, but if I had the money I would one of their induction kits.

>a new car
>Fiat Uno
are you travelling in time or a Huebro?

Hey my dude have you looked into any tunes yet. I'll probably pick one up with my tax return. Any ideas?

A custom induction will probably have me fail the MOT, tho :(

Don't they sell the record Monza there?

>having a TÜV equivalent
my dude you live in Portugal, just give the man 40 bucks and he'll let you pass
do they even open the hood?

They do open it, yeah. And I guess giving them some money does work but it helps when you know the guy. And I don't know anyone on those MOT centers.

time to make some friends then :^))

fucc man why is having no money so painfull?
I literally just wanted a suspension, but that's like 500 bucks
then I thought just a Group N midpipe, only 55 bucks and would be fun, but then what if it is too loud?
thought about the air filter now but eh, 65 Europas and I guess my current one is still good

send help