/ovg/ - fast threads edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums Vidya General, the last safe place to discuss racing vidya and vidya including cars without blatant fanboyism, moderation, intimidation, and shilling*!

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have.
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing GT Sport, Forza 7 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1199746989
youtube.com/watch?v=mYUAS72oB2U
youtu.be/mYUAS72oB2U?t=124
youtube.com/watch?v=c9u4gB8KATg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CATERHAM NEWS

if you have a skin to submit, upload it on some kind of mixtape.moe or wherever you want. supposedly, mailing skin directly won't work because 20mb 4k texture file is too large for them to handle

also, join if you haven't. shitter-friendliness, easy cars, small tracks, casual fun for the whole family
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit

SJ please put down your bass and come fix this shit.

third for james a faggot

>Gr3
>highway still hasn't confirmed the race
>mario party with cars
>larguu still hasn't made a server
sunday series are the worst

tfw slow

if you'd only read the doc, you'd knew that mario party track is picked hour before the race

I don't read docs I'm just here to say sunday leagues suck

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1199746989

SELECT YOUR SHITBOX starts in 2 hours in Assetto Corsa.

somebody going to stream that?

didn't even know it was happening, but yeah sure I will. I'll post link when it's time

How do I join in?

Write your name and car on the google doc if you want, and join the server before the race starts.

be on server when race starts

Is the server up?

no. it will be before 19 utc

Can I use driver aides because I'm genuinely shit?

Is Assetto Corsa worth buying? I pirated before and played with a gamepad and it felt "meh", but I just got a G29 with the H-shifter for my birthday and I need more racing vidya.

Pick a car that has TC and ABS

If the car in real life has it, the server will have it on too.

>is one of the most popular sims with proper physics, all of the mods and lively multiplayer worth buying?
shit, that's one hell of dilemma

>Is Assetto Corsa worth buying?

Has anyone ever done a nords tourist trackday server? For virtual meetups and comfy drivan

please don't steal my webms

Plase do Brands Hatch GP instead of Indy

I will steal what ever I like, you can't stop me!

Shit, user, I don't know, until I got a wheel I subconsciously told myself "There are no good Racing / Racing Sim games on PC". And playing on a gamepad didn't really help.

AC is fun but it will be on sale by the end of the week if you're really worried about spending money.

>SteffanRoserGoesforacasualdrive.webm

Technically, no money isn't a problem, but, I'd have to be a complete idiot not to wait for the upcoming steam sale.
Thanks, user.

SERVER IS UP track is Highlands.

Password?

Last thread someone mentioned using ReelFeel and Leo to get better FFB feeling on rFactor. I already found a guide to ReelFeel settings, does anyone have a good setup for Leo?

kys newfag

what's a doc

>inb4 dead series

doesn't work

reminder that GT Sport series is kill

STREAM FOR AC RACE

twitch / datlancerguy

we start in 15 minutes

Needs more /ovgt3/

JUST HURRY UP AND PUT THE T300 GT RS ON SALE IM FUCKING SICK OF WAITING

REEEEEEEEEEEE

The good setup is don't use it because it's a meme

Then why suggest it if Leo is a meme? Surely there has to be a good setup to make Leo feel good.

ffb is a meme

Because simdads like to find more and more things to waste time setting up for placebo improvements.

>tfw 3.5t car
it was amazing idea

Why weren't there any WRC games 2006-2009?

Why is rally such shit?

>2018-1
>driving a wrecking ball

These were amazingly fun

Lucky you, everything happend right up in my face and I went into the grass...

not as lucky as you might think

>SERVER IS UP track is Highlands.
>Highlands
Picking a course with most realistic physics I see.....I am sure everybody got to use their need for speed honed skills
youtube.com/watch?v=mYUAS72oB2U

I wouldn't know anything about that.

i got passed liked that on the last lap, kekked hard

youtu.be/mYUAS72oB2U?t=124
I see they implemented realistic metal scraping sounds

>picking
you dum dum

next time please make your butthurt post before the race ends with people having fun

>butthurt post
Nani?

who is this

Do you happen to have a webm of the two GT86s double teaming aspirations' poor MX-5 on the last lap?

i have some replays, i might be able to deliver webum. which race, which position?

wtf is a load cell brake and is it a meme?

Daily reminder /ovg/ actively defends playing racing sims with a gamepad

>tfw you completely mess up your corner entry and throttle control and your tune is so bad and fickle that you're afraid to let go of the dorifto even though it ruins your lap time

I should really learn to tune to make this thing properly drivable. Although it's not like 0.41kw/t is every gonna be friendly with RWD, I guess.

WHY DIDN'T YOU BREAK

also, I'm clearly bad at typing and especially proofreading

So where are all these car mods ripped from PCARS2?

>braking
>on the track that's all longs

actually
>braking
>ever

Last race, second half of last lap, not above sixth (not sure).

i only found this one with two gt86s and one mx-5 in last lap, but i don't think that's it

i wonder if it's even the right replay. fucking italians

So since the shitbox shitshow is on sunday, is there going to be a series on saturdays? Maybe we can do pCars or AC for it too.

That's the one, thanks.

>I was going for the gap

Can someone make a webm of me and gent on the last lap in Race2 divebombing each other on the last corner

Can someone make a webm of this overtake?
twitch /videos/202681889?t=50m45s

is rf2 ok?

IIRC with the last version of RealFeel, Leo is not needed anymore simply because it is embedded in RealFeel. It mostly managed damping when car is stopped I guess.
You should set it up as the modder says in the readme file. If he didn't, delete the mod or try your luck with magic numbers.
In my opinion it's a very important part of a mod.

starting nfs payback
will report back with results

we had one ages ago (in AC)

now i'm jelly. how are you people setting up mikes for your car vidya? is it some kind of headset? i doubt cheap on-ear mikes can deliver anyhow acceptable audio quality, and i can't find anything better that's not a full headset (i have proper headphones already)

Don't they use Discord?

here ya go

read OP

same place where all the rips from pcars1 are

youtube.com/watch?v=c9u4gB8KATg

pls tell me this is as fun as it looks, im waiting on a wheel and dont want to be dissappointed

Who's the annoying idiot?

which one?

not naming the webm >scotland welcomes you

Thanks.

its gud i like it

its fun
>fb tier mods
that is where u find disappointment

Delete this post right fucking now.

>fb tier mods
???

what he's saying is that there is a lot of mods for the game and many of them are bad.

Is F1 2017 a /ovg/ approved game or not?

I've been playing the pirate version and enjoying it, not sure if it's worth buying to play the online.