SF Auto Show 2017

I went to the SF auto show yesterday so you didn't have to. Here's a rally Prius.

This interior might actually be an upgrade.

I want to like this car, I really do. The interior is pretty comfy, not too much crap going on inside.

those wheels on the blue car are disgusting

oh god why did they keep the autistic face?

They should of positioned this ND right across form the 86. Still not great but I vastly prefer the former over the later, particularity in the size department.

That's another Prius, don't know if those wheels are stock.

I have no idea but Toyota has been going full angry anime face with all their cars lately.

Other than this screen that looks like it's plastered on the dash this is pretty comfy. The manual top comes down with one hand pretty easy, though the automatic top is very sexy and you still have truck space. I could legitimately see myself driving this if I had a well paying job and I only needed to move myself and a backpack around on a regular basis.

The sole Type-R on the show floor had it's orifices probed more than the weekend special at the Uzbek brothel. I don't actually mind the crazy exterior styling that much, but those fake air vents, gah.

>You guys know that awesome engine we put in the Type-R?
>Yea you guys can totally buy that as a crate motor now!
>*******Must be on a Honda racing team

Haha nice, so far this thread has the car I drive and the three cars I'm cross-shopping.

2018 Odyssey: This thing's a fucking spaceship inside. Multi-zone automatic climate control, the elite model (and other trims) comes with a factory Turbo for the V6.

I like the dash, still can't stand gloss piano black but at least there's a physical volume knob. The mid row seats also come out easy, good for hauling kids, groceries, drunk friends, and illegal fireworks.

Doors were locked on all the really cool stuff for general public, including every single Porsche but whatever. This NSX was probably the coolest new car on the show floor by my own personal standards. Those curves, oh baby.

This is the current Ioniq symbiotic hybrid. I REALLY like this interior. Almost all of the hard plastic surfaces feel like pleather and have a nice almost soft-tocuh texture. Defiantly getting away from boring hard plastic.

The wheel feels really nice for my default grip, controls are mostly well laid out, the screen is setback so it doesn't look like an ipad glued to the dash.

This is nice, just enough sudo-space age AESTHETIC for my liking. If I get the chance I want to test drive this and the plug-in version. If they can deliver on any kind of performance metric I'm interested.

I have to point this out, here's the automatic shifter in the hybrid...

...and in the all electric.

I went right up to one of the suits on the floor (people who actually know all the technical stuff) and asked "Is there any reason these shifters need to be different at all?"

"Ugh (laughs) no..."

At least Honda has the exact same shifter in all 3 Clarity models, same one that's in the Odyssey. Speaking of which I don't have a picture but the EV version has clear taillights which I think look way better than the standard red on the Fuel Cell and the Plug-in.

I asked the rep if I could order the plug-in with clear taillights and credit where it's due this guy was pretty awesome and dug through all the info since the press embargo was 2 days ago on the plug-in. Answer I got was a maybe since the wiring harness may be different. They really should be using clear tails on more cars in the USDM if you ask me.

This is a sparrow and I have no idea who this is for but it looked kind of interesting.

>"Hey you want a test drive?"

I have a policy of not test driving any car that is worth more than my internal organs but today was an exception.

No

I don't have any pictures of the car so here's me waiting in line. I waited the 45 minutes for an F-Type because if I'm gonna wait this long it's gonna be something respectable.

The model I got was a red V6 with an auto with paddle shifters. At the time I wasn't thinking about the money, but it was a damn nice interior, sounded amazing. Just felt really good to drive, though using the paddles would take a little getting used to. This car has my favorite feature of all time, heated-steering wheel. I had as much fun as I could in city traffic while my minder was messing with the suspension and acceleration curves in real time but overall fun experience. There's a lot of other cars I'd be looking at in the 60-70K USD range but it'd be an option worth exploring if I had that kind of dosh.

Also they gave me a free hat, an awesome hat mind you so that made it all worth it.

BMW i3, I wouldn't mind leasing the version with a range extension. This feels good, seats and wheel. I do like the little cubby hole on top of the dash in front of the screen. Materials and controls are top notch. I like the little speedo screen though I didn't get to see the GUI.

As far as crazy shifters goes this is one of the better designs. You don't have to take your eyes off the road or reach all the way across to the center. This entire mechanism feels really solid to boot, doesn't feel like I'm gonna brake it off.

Its an automatic. Are you afraid of "taking your eyes off the road" as you're sitting in a parking spot?

This would be my dream car but this color is so awful and it was locked so I'll have to see if a local dealer has one.

Not at all, I just think it's a cool design.

This car is so cool IT HURTS. The classics are always a fun sight. My dad was going to buy a Ferrari once but then my brother was born and he decided against it, I kinda wish he had made that trip to the east coast to buy it but can't change the past.

So this is where all my tax dollars went.

LED replacements in the pop-ups, interesting.

No comment.

Normally don't like gold but this gets a pass.

>Prius
the front is so bland and flat on the blue one that i thought it was the rear of the car

I didn't get too much documentation but I figured these would be worth going through for kicks.

Kia was smart. Basically a small deck with a card for every car they make and all the basic info and specs. Super useful for going through their lineup.

Why they put Italian flag on a Corvette?

>show off your cars
>refuse to let the peasant classes open the doors to look in all the good cars

That paired with a lot of cars roped off are why I stopped going to auto shows.

That's a Ferrari California T.

And it's probably an IRS or Mexican drug seizure.

>Be drug dealer
>Still can't afford a 488 or even a used 458
Fucking wew

Noice

Yea that always bugs the crap out of me, and I'm sure they were all unlocked the previous day for press. I understand the exotics, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren.

All the Prosches, the new NSX, and the i8 were all locked up. Lexus, Volvo, Lincoln, and Jaguar were all open however.

Also I asked the reps from a few marques if they remove audio and manual shift knobs prior to the general public portion of the show and they all confirmed my suspicion. Honestly I don't blame them for that one, people do stupid shit at events like this all the time.

Here's Mr. I stanced my new Accord

Did they have a Stinger on the floor?

No, the engines will be available to "grassroots" motorsports teams too. Submit a few autocross times with your application and cross your fingers

They did on a roped-off lazy-Susan. Don't have any pictures but it looked cool and the specs sounded pretty nice. Rep did confirm there will be no manual option, Dual Clutch all the way.

>gold
eyes like hep c