Tesla Roadster Thread - Part 2

Discuss the new Roadster ITT.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/story/tesla-ntsb-autopilot-crash-death/amp
insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/
cnbc.com/2017/07/28/tesla-is-running-out-of-federal-tax-credits-for-car-buyers-edmunds.html
theverge.com/2016/2/8/10937076/tesla-gigafactory-battery-factory-nevada-tax-deal-elon-musk
latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html
google.com/amp/amp.dw.com/en/how-eco-friendly-are-electric-cars/a-19441437
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Potential for rocket-powered upgrade package?

>WERE GONNA DESTROYS GAS CARS
>hol up lets strap a rocket to it
>but that uses gas sir
>who cares

Why is tesla so fucking dumb?

low-volume cars doing that prolly won't matter overall
if every camry had a turbine attached for sick hydraulix it'd be more of a concern

I remember seeing the old one at a car show about 2 years ago?
The guy who owned it was a fat sob with a huge gut.
"Man how do you like your car??"
I asked
He said "omg I love it driving it is a blast. Getting into it is the worst though"
He then proceeded to get into it and drive off.
He had to stand up on the seats first and then sorta slink down to the seat while keeping his legs straight until they got to the floor.
Fucking hilarious

he's obviously talking about non power-train related rocket tech

You are actually retarded.

So which tires are used for this 1.9 sec 0-100 kph? Plenty of gas cars are tire-limited, I wonder how they'd do with those tires

Sport Cup 2's

>Plenty of gas cars are tire-limited

LOL NO. Most of them are limited by the transmission hardware, software and engine management. That's why you saw pigfat GT-R posting Veyron tier 0-60 times with half the power. Integration fucking matters and it's easier on electric cars, by the way.

This. Remember the P100D Model S is on 265 rear 245 PSS (not very sticky) and weighs 5000 lbs. The 911 Turbo S is 305 rear, 245 front much stickier Pirellis, weighs 1500lbs less, and is slower to 60. Traction control on ICE cars is a rube goldberg device compared to electric. Slipping clutches, dragging brakes with the ABS module, cutting fuel and timing, vs. near instant torque control of an electric motor. Plenty of fast gas cars can reach the limit of their tires, but only for a split second. You may be at the limit from 10-40mph, then at 40% of the limit all of a sudden when you are back out of the power band after shifiting. Electric you can be right up at 95% of available traction all the time during acceleration.

seems like they stuck 2 100kwh batteries on top of each other. The floor of the Roadster is really thiqq

>you're gonna burn alright.jpg

The soy Roadster

all the people hating on it cant afford it anyway

if that was Ferrari, Lambo or KIA and if it had an ICE you retards would be drooling

Tesla is the future. So are EVs.

We will get 1000hp+ cars for 30k bux soon and they will be everywhere.

The best part is they will be so safe we cant even die in them.

yeah. But because you can't waggle a stick where extra center console storage could be, some people will just never make the switch.

How many people miss having to use a choke or adjust tappets every other week? jeez

>evs are the future
>says the tesla shill
Oh yeah? and where is all that electricity going to come from to charge them?

the sun (:

>trying to be all F1
>no buttons
How re-volting!

he's not memeing you know. Solar + batteries can power the world. give it 15 more years and the watt/m^2 for panels, combined with grid tech and battery prices, will be able to undercut every other form of energy generation.

Nice..

Any idea about the weight?

probably 5200+lb

2400lb battery and 2800 for the rest

Tesla insider told me it's going to be 2750lbs

Yoke shaped steering is probaly bad for daily driver.

Telsa needs to realize they need a grille or air intakes somewhere to use a radiator so the battery doesn't overheat.

If the car has a 600 mile range I would like the option of a 200 mile battery and an ICE range extender. I hope that opposed piston generator concept works out because I imagine one of those could run off anything that burns.

An ev is heavily software dependant so I'd like a car I can easily reprogram and ideally can be made to work using only FOSS programs because I don't want the car to be able to be remotely controlled ever.

And since I could never afford one of these I'm just going to have to wait for someone else to make one I can afford with all the features I want in an EV.

I wish European politicians didn't decide to ban ICE because its really not going to do as much about pollution as they think and they're just limiting themselves in what they can do fruitlessly, and now I can't be happy if tesla succeeds because if they do they won't have to overturn the ban.

can't tell if trolling...

why the fuck do you think they have no idea how to thermally manage batteries? Are you a battery cooling expert all of a sudden? You're assuming random bullshit for the single purpose of hating on the design

Why the fuck would you remove 400 miles of range just to then replace it with a 400 mile range extender? Is it because you think it's faggoty to own a full EV and you "need" an ICE to feel manly?

So, a 3 amp-hour battery.

Sigh, I read this whole post and lost 25 brain cells.

Finally, I can live out my dream of being EV Nakazato. Now I just need a mildly autistic kid in a GT86 to sneak through while I understeer into a guardrail and I will live the life.

will ICE cucks recover?

nuclear fission, dams, the sun, the wind, the tides, the earth's molten core

By having a car that's actually here.

>they will be so safe, we can't even die in them
That's what they said about the 5.4star safety rated Model S.
wired.com/story/tesla-ntsb-autopilot-crash-death/amp

>By being able to actually complete a lap around a track without overheating
>By being able to turn off traction control

>tfw my mustang beats both on a race track

>tfw my $5,000 shitbox can beat a $200,000 Tesla around the Nurburgring

insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/

how quickly is this car going to eat tires?

super fast. But like with the S, you'll be able to put it into chill mode where the acceleration is limited. So if you're doing light cruises around town it'll be no more wear than normal

Not at all because you can't fucking turn off traction control and it fries after a couple hard launches.

dude, this is a performance car. It's not a family saloon landbarge like the S. They were running dozens of launches at the event without any problems.

The thermal management system for the Roadster will be fine. Plus, with 200kwh packs, each individual cell gets less load on it. Can't wait to see track times for it

For Tesla's sake, I hope you're right. They can't afford to look even dumber than they already do, right now.

>They can't afford to look even dumber than they already do, right now.
By eclipsing nearly every car maker in market cap after 4 years of manufacturing cars, crushing every market they have entered, and repeatedly delivering unthinkable performance numbers? Yeah they are looking pretty dumb right now, that's why the stock went from 17 to mid 300s, everyone wants to get in on the ground floor of this dumb company.

They aren't even fucking trying anymore, that looks like hot fucking garbage.

don't lie user, if it had a different badge on it you'd eat it up like the sheep you are

also, that steering wheel in your pic looks like ass.

>all the while only staying afloat from MASSIVE government gibs
>chink tier quality
>literally 30,000 single cell batteries wired in series
>literally has a larger carbon footprint than other cars
>MUH EV
>MUH EN VI RO MENT
Yeah K

>false
>false
>so? that's how everyone does it.
>false

That interior kind of looks like shit. I would have expected Musk to take some cues from, like, Bentley on the interior. If he's going to charge supercar prices for it it should have a supercar interior.

bentley and other luxury car interiors look like fucking shit

Bentley does not make supercars. This is what a supercar interior looks like.

Okay now I know you're a shill.

which makes sense when you consider who they're marketed towards. Middle aged men who got rich in real estate, insurance, etc

Future supercar owners will have gotten rich through tech, crypto, etc. Big generational gap there.

And yeah, that bentley looks like shit

>tfw apple fags with starbucks cups are now the fastest mfers on the road

Imagine a few angry conservatives in a modded hellcat trying to catch a scarf wearing libtard in his tesla roadster listening to the Tesla Top 20 on his giant screen going 250 mph for 600 miles

f u t u r e

car culture is changing pretty fast, and we all have a front seat ride

>people are paid to have different opinions than me

congrats on being a fucking autist

>If I say false enough it cummies true, ri gais?

>250mph
>600 miles
BAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait you were serious

BAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

E-Elon-sama would n-never lie or fail to deliver desu.

I don't have any reason to doubt him when it comes to those specs.

Wew

you can't fool me, no one on o is rich enough. That pic is from

I kinda want a mustang with an F150 front now.

cnbc.com/2017/07/28/tesla-is-running-out-of-federal-tax-credits-for-car-buyers-edmunds.html

theverge.com/2016/2/8/10937076/tesla-gigafactory-battery-factory-nevada-tax-deal-elon-musk
The most commonly used cathode materials(for Li-Ion batteries) are LiCoO2 (LCO – lithium-cobalt), LiMn2O4 (LMO – lithium-manganese), LiFePO4 (LFP – lithium-phosphate), and Li(NiMnCo)O2 (NMC – nickel manganese cobalt)

Those needed to be mined from the earth, cant be good for the environment, especially if they are mined in 3rd world countries.

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

>everyone gets those credits
>lifetime emissions for an EV are worse-case still better than an ICE

and lol, trying to justify your retard opinions by saying "Those needed to be mined from the earth, cant be good for the environment, especially if they are mined in 3rd world countries."

honestly, are you 12?

>ironically believing the garbage you recite
Let me ask you another stupid question, where does said electricity to charge said batteries come from? HHmmmMMMM????

I wasn’t pretending to have reserved one

>dumb cuckold soyboi believes all electricity comes from fossil fuels

pic related you

coal, solar, nuclear.... your point?
Large-scale energy generation is ALWAYS more efficient than small scale. I'll take coal-"powered" EVs over ICE any day of the week; it would be the cleaner option than having ICE cars instead.

go read a book fuckface

Is this Frosty?
Dat stomach is absurdly masculine.

>solar
Gotta mine those minerals to create those solar panels, dont forget the manufacturing waste there, oh and they dont work if they crack, get dirty, or its night

You have a point with nuclear, but you and i both know that will never happen

Sperg more tesla cuck

see
what would you rather have, 100,000 smelly polluting ICE engines, or one smelly polluting coal plant? If you pick the ICE engines, you're a fucking retard.

you're a fucking retard too. Solar is extremely clean. Nothing is "good for the environment"; some things are BETTER for the environment than their ALTERNATIVES. So yes, solar is horrible for the environment, dumbass. But it sure isn't as bad as EVERYTHING ELSE. Fuck I hate this board

>US

the third world is irrelevant

yes

>and lol, trying to justify your retard opinions by saying "Those needed to be mined from the earth, cant be good for the environment, especially if they are mined in 3rd world countries."
But that's true you fucking troglidite. Ripping shit out of the ground with crappy 20 year old diesel powered equipment isn't good for the Earth by any stretch of the imagination.

neither is ripping out shit for ANY OTHER PURPOSE.

The point, again, isn't that it's "good" for the environment. The point is that it's BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE.

moron

>having pictures of tranny scum saved
I knew Tesla people were faggots, but wew.

This, that is why gasoline is much better, because it is summoned by a wizard at gas stations instead of being extracted from the ground and transported there like rare earth elements are

>better than the alternative
Not true, really. They're just about equal when it comes down to it. Electric cars take a fuckton more energy to actually produce and the disposal of the batteries is far more horrible for the environment than disposing of a regular car.
google.com/amp/amp.dw.com/en/how-eco-friendly-are-electric-cars/a-19441437

You realize how much less invasive crude oil, therefore gasoline, is to mine than Rare Earth Metals? It's found in fucking huge quantities and can be tapped with a drill bit a meter across. REM'S require giant mines to be dug because they form in small pockets. The waste from the mines pollutes the local water and wildlife far worse than an oil rig.
Other than when they fuck up and spill, pulling gasoline and oil doesn't effect the ecosystem much at all. The waste from REM mines destroys a ton of wildlife in a big radius around the mine.

That's a great point, you sound like an expert. Extracting, refining, transporting, and then burning billions of gallons of fuel is really not a big deal when you think about it, especially when we have catalytic converters with rare earth elements in them to scrub a bit of the byproducts. When will an Earth conscious company release a gasoline powered phone, laptop, etc., for people that truly care about the environment?

genius - someone get this man a startup! I bet your IPO could hit a $5 billion cap

I see someone's dad works in the oil industry, wew

>tesla batteries = ~1,200 lbs
>smartphone batteries = ~50 grams or 0.11023 pounds

There were close to 535,000 EV'S on the road in the us in 2016, including non-Tesla's with bigger or smaller battery packs. That's 6,420,000,000 pounds of battery on the road. Or approximately 58,241,857,993 smartphones worth of batteries. That's 259 times the amount of weight in smartphone batteries in the US this year.

And you want to put more of these cars on the road? These batteries work on small scale shit, but we have a long way to go technology wise before scaling them up.

go read USGS mineral commodity reports before you try and spew retarded comparisons you made up on the spot, fucking hell

the simple fact is that EVs, long term, are better for the environment than ICE cars. Retarded """journalists""" keep writing clickbait articles about how the opposite is true only because
a) they know it'll get clicks
b) they're paid by the oil lobby

Goddamn, even the recent MIT study about EVs and cleanliness was misinterpreted so hard by the MSM the research team had to issue a formal announcement how the """journalists""" COMPLETELY misinterpreted their findings.
Ah well, none of this even matters. EVs are going to take over either way :^). Same with solar

>saving the environment by switching from one finite resource to another
>while making 100 years of used resources useless in the meantime

smart

>retarded comparisons
Lookup the values yourself, dumbfuck. I didn't pull those from my ass.

yep, that's the plan. It is smart. The sooner CO2 residence time can catch up with it's increased input the better

did I say your numbers were wrong? Christ

Tell you what, I'm going to stop giving you (you)s. Feel free to orgasm to the fact that you "won" this argument :^)

I mean, it's not like any of this shit matters anyways. We'll all be dead by the time anything is even remotely affected. Leave it to the next generation. Fuck them.

Time is running out buddy, and electric cars, by outputting zero emissions, aren't what we need.

Actively removing carbon from the atmosphere is the only option, and ironically the ICE is the only thing that can make it viable

this is a couple layers of wrong
for one, yes the CO2 load of mining all the stuff for batteries is bad but it beats the shit out the co2 load of driving something like a fiesta with 30mpg for ten years, including the co2 load of power generation

the only time the equation flips is when you compare a prius to an EV driving in somewhere like new jersy where a massive proportion of power is coal. swap out the coal for natural gas and the co2 load of the ev tanks hard.

keep in mind the used car market means a few expensive cars will trickle down and disseminate to lower price brackets and get more people into EVs which further depresses the co2 load overall.

Now imagine if every single ICE car had net negative emissions

no, not really. CO2 residence time is 1000 years. Stop putting CO2 into the atmosphere, and after 1000 years it'll come back down.

I really like that.

It will come back down in 1000 years because we'll be dead

>Tesla can't even meet model 3 demands now.
>The model 3s that are available have multiple issues.
>Telsa shills think Elon can make model 3s, trucks, and the new roadster on time and without any major problems.

Biodiesel, Natural Gas, and Hydrodgen are better alternatives anyway.

and yet here we are.

>Company comes out of nowhere to completely destroy decades old established auto manufacturers
What the hell was everyone doing?

trying to appease stockholders. Having a madlad run your company can be a good thing.

Why dump a fat load of amazing car specs all of a sudden when you can stretch the same spec increase over the course of 10 years, selling much more and making more dosh?