Non-Liquid Assets

What are the best assets to acquire that will always go up in value are also physical things. I heard pharmabro buys vintage magic cards and unreleased music. What is something a poor to middle class person could invest in and also put on their shelf?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGQ-6sPI1Js
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vintage key comics. Well any key comics for that matter. If youre good and go out digging through some longboxes youre sure to find something. Two of my highest priced books i got for under a dollar.

Bullets. Buy a spam cans of bullets and then resell. Store at room temp.

If you live in a disaster area, then buy generators on the cheap and sell after a disaster.

>I heard pharmabro buys vintage magic cards and unreleased music
i wouldn't buy any of this shit to invest. i would "invest" in an education you could stand and make money. when this shit expires, or the fan base dries up, you're left with nothing. i have a friend that runs a business with "i buy gold/magic cards" on the sign as well. when people want to dump that shit, he just charges 50% of what ebay is doing and then sells it on ebay. easy profit.

>physical
buy gold, silver. might go up, might not. but again for a cheap person that's your best bet

Please refer to Alpha Investments for non-liqued assets.

>youtube.com/watch?v=GGQ-6sPI1Js

Rudy has literally made millions off of hoarding booster boxes and even left Merrill Lynch to do this shit and run his own businesses. I think he has 3.

I actually came into owning a large collection of old Marvel comics in pretty good condition. A lot of the series I've never heard before, so I don't know how popular or valuable these things are. Do you know how I should go about getting these things appraised?

Military surplus guns. Lot of that stuff is actually getting more expensive. Even in the last 5 years some models have doubled in price. You can honestly give some of them a good clean and oil the stock and flip them for a profit.

Does anyone know if wine is a meme asset or if you can actually make money with a rare wine (eg California Drought wine)?

The reason I brought this thread up is because I watch Rudy. Magic cards is kind of his thing and I don't have the knowledge base to know which booster sets would be good and which would be garbage. Plus I just plain old don't trust that guy. Anyone who used to be a finance shark should be under scrutiny. I do however like his bond advice.

sealed product. gotta be sealed. But wizards is coming out with magic next, which might spell the end of paper magic as we know it.

Any specific suggestions and where you can buy them?

Probably start by looking for prices on gunbroker and armslist then check out local gun shops or gun shows. Craigslist should also have tons of adds. If it's something you really want to get into you're going to need to make friends with a local shop owner and use his FFL to do the transfers for online purchases.

Spend a lot of time doing research before you start making purchases. Lot of junk out there and lot of scammers out there.

Find a niche you're good at for Rudy it's MtG. Yours could be guns, guitars, cars, etc.

Example: My father actually has been collecting guns all his life. I don't know much about them, but I know a few of the rifles he has are $5k+ now.

Just find a niche.

This. Get all matching SKS's. Russians back in 99' were in the 150-250 range. Now they are going 600-800. Also ww2 firearms in good, operable condition. Gunbroker runs the risk of being in bad condition considering you buy before you even get it. Learn what to look for, just ask /k/ about it. Personally ive got a small collection of star wars merch that im hanging on to and disney is milking it for all its got so when i cash out it'll be mad profit.

Another kind of neat scheme is to export used archery supplies to Europe. Bow hunting is huge in the US and hunters will frequently out their old stuff for a pittance on Craigslist when they upgrade. At the same time it can be hard to source this stuff in Europe and anything archery related demands a premium.

Don't know what they do with it all but my dad made like 40k one year just shipping old junk bows, arrows, tips, sights, and bow cases to the UK.

>Does anyone know if wine is a meme asset
Sounds like a great way to make really expensive vinegar.

baseball shit from jp to eu is better

Pretty much any niche thing there is a market for. And there is a market for near anything.

I have a buddy with over 100k in video games from a lifetime of collecting. He says its his retirement. He will sell out and have all of them difital in emulator form for nastalgia. Maybe keeo a few consoles and favorite games.

But shit like rare nes games or 9 fucking copies of zero wing because he had a hunch it would be worth money??? Dude looks at it like coin collecting. With digital fixes these days it isnt as big. But fuckups from back in the day or rare games??? We did the math. He has seen steady 25%-40% gains for over 30 years... and this is just his backup plan. Its a hobby and he says if it goes belly up he will just die in a stack of vintage video games.

Its a smart way to invest i think.

Shit is worth more and more every day and so far stood the test of time

It's a heartbreaking but genious idea. Head near disaster areas with a semi load of generators and supplies and set up shop in the middle of town as the roads are cleared.

Could make a fortune but id feel bad

You live anywhere near north eastern oklahoma? I got a buddy that would probably buy them for a shop. Or appraise them for cheap

Why the fuck is it so high. Are there laws to abode by here??? I am on a fucking goldmine of used/newish shit. Its like a prestige thing here to have a 1,000 bow for no fucking reason. I can move litteral truckloads if this is lefit and legal

Apparently they don't have any domestic production and sport shooting is somewhat popular. My dad made his contacts through eBay after selling some individual bows and just started shipping over bow cases packed with stuff. Once he sold all of his personal stuff he just started flipping Craigslist stuff. Midwest has literally millions of bow hunters so it was pretty easy.

>bitcoin
>magic cards
>ethereum

BUSINESS AND FINANCE ALRITE

Be very careful with who you take/sell them to. Alot of guys will sandbag then try to make an offer. For the most part you should be able to value then yourself. Just use ebay/newkadia.

A list would help and or pictures. If you want me to take a look at them real quick ill give you my email.

buy up wii games. They are cheap as dirt and could go up in value. It's questionable, so there is risk as with everything. Kids in the future may not give a fuck about original hardware like the NES/SNES/N64 crowd but its worth a shot and pretty low risk.

I collect rental homes. They are physical things and can go up in value.

They meet all of your criteria

Only if you have a way to store it effectively.

Classic cars, OP. There are a lot of dudes in their thirties with disposable income and a boner for the Japanese sports coupe they had in their Gran Turismo garage as a kid. The main barriers to investment are available storage, knowledge of cars and probable high starting capital.

I would also second cars. I would gladly trade my massive comic collection for the right car atm. Just make sure you know what youre doing, like most collectibles you can get burned if you dont.

10 years ago, this would be a good idea. Not so much now. The market is overvalued due to fudds, and it's not going to get much higher.

If I were you, I would wait until the Russian import ban is lifted. Once that happens, the market will be flooded with 100 to 200 dollar rifles that currently sell for 500.

All those sweet nuggets are going to flow in to the country at some point.

Thanks for the advice! I haven't heard of newkadia before, and it looks like it could be very useful. I took a couple pictures of the entire collection. I need to organize them by issue number though. I'll do some research on my own this week. The one stack in this picture in the bottom left with the glare is a DC series titled Shade the Changing Man. Reuploading to hopefully orient the pictures correctly.

Here's the second pic. Sorry it's rotated. Screw mobile posting.
Thanks, but I'm in TN.

I wish I would have gone deep on nuggets. They were like $80 like 5 years ago and you could buy them by the crate.

I got a nice finnish m44 as my first gun. I saved my lunch money for 3 months. Bought a nugget and a spam can of surplus ammo for 90 bucks. It was one of the best days of my life.

The same gun in the same condition is fucking 450 now.

If only I knew, I would have dropped everything I had on them and ammo. Nuggets or enfields. One of the two.

Fine mineral specimens. They are unique, irreplaceable, and only increase in value if you buy right. Some go for many millions

I collect records for fun. It's enjoyable and as long as hipsters and audiophiles exist the records will continue to appreciate in value.

Reason being that all the (limited) repressings some company's do are digital remasters, which do not sound the same as the analogue originals, which you can pick up used for a fraction of the price of (most) repressings.

Worst case scenario you're the cool old grandpa who passes down his awesome music and a few generations later they become worth money again as historical curiosities.

I'll also add that big band/oldies records can be had for roughly 2-3$ a pop and are usually in fucking pristine condition. Buy now and you'll live to see them become hundred year old artifacts.

lego