Fiat 124

Thoughts? Opinions? Why hasn't this car got as much play as the new Miata?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/features/fiat-124-spider-abarth-at-lightning-lap-2017-feature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yummy bubble fartz (2)

>why don't people buy this car that's like a miata but objectively worse?

i dunno OP

>inb4 niggers unironically try to defend this piece of rolling trash
>inb4 b-b-bbbut same chassis1!1!!!1!!!!!
>inb4 fiat motor i-i-isn't trash!!!1!1!!!!

>fiat
enough said dude

Longer for no reason, heavier, slower, turbo lag, shifter doesn't feel as good, has an overdrive ratio for some fucking reason, more expensive, Fiat badge will make depreciation even meaner than it already is with the MX-5.

Two things that are a bit better in the Fiat are the Recaro seats, stiffer sways. The sways aren't a big deal because upgrading the stock MX-5 ones to nice adjustable ones is a cheap upgrade, even if you go with the gucci Karcepts sways. The Recaros are very nice though, and I wish that Mazda would offer them in the US, as they apparently do in other markets. The Fiat is also quieter. On certain surfaces you may as well forget about having a conversation in the Miata. Whether or not that's a good or bad thing is up to you.

Ultimately, though, it's a toy, and the Miata is simply better at being a toy than the Fiata is.

more masculine miata

If it had an NAV6 option it'd be fantastic.

Does the reliability suffer at all?
In Australia Fiats are considered unreliable, whereas Mazdas are seen on the same level as toyota/honda.
Basically, is the fiat version more likely to crap itself?

WHERE IS THE FUCKING HARDTOP VERSION FUCKING SIDE SWITCHING ITALIANS FUCK YOU

124 has always been better since it is the original

is this bait? this is bait, isnt it? im being baited, arent I?

>people calling a terrible brand bad things
Oh gee, almost like people will notice shoddy, overpriced cars aren't good.

Fiat has a MUCH stronger transmission than the ND though-

The NDs 3rd gear explodes instantly with any force- many track breaks and canyon synchro faults reported

negro, the 124 IS a MX5. The engine is the only fiat component and its actually not that bad.

with most modern italian vehicles the main problems are normally electronics and stuff not related to engine/transmisssion, since mazda made everything except the transmission and engine it should be fine.

>since mazda made everything except the engine it should be fine.

V2 transmission that they introduced in Sept. 2016 onwards is fine, and the problems with the V1 seem to be a bit overblown by the Internet, kinda like Porsche's infamous IMS.
The transmission is the NC transmission.

I've driven the Abarth and I really liked it. Because of the way it sounds, it's got a lot more character than the Miata or even the standard 124. The suspension was alright, even on longer journeys and it was spacious enough for me and I'm fat.

Tested one at an auto show. It's the same car as the last gen Miata clubsport that I had. People would probably rather buy the new Miata or a used last gen Miata instead of dropping new car money for an older car.

That said, great car. Plenty if fun, but again giving new life/trim levels to an old car you bought off Mazda while competing with the newer version doesn't equal sales in my mind.

Except that the 124 is faster around a track than the Miata.

caranddriver.com/features/fiat-124-spider-abarth-at-lightning-lap-2017-feature

it's a gayer versions of an already gay as fuck car.

>t. insecure truck driver