>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-9-_Duke1ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=2P1eKThZG-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DO NOT change the read if you are new pastebin again.

>Dark Souls was the only one with metroidvania world design
Why did they give up?

Damn, Fume knight is tough bastard

Can confirm, was in the game in the post dlc release

anyone else having major problems with lock on in das3? wont lock on to anything more than 10 feet away, locks onto the wrong enemy constantly, and more often than the other two, will just swivel the camera around in a retarded fashion when the enemy is right in front of me.

>tfw no equivalent in DaS3

>"Haha dude Fume Knight is so hard"
>I beat him on my 2nd try
>"Alonne is really tough man"
>Beat him on my 4th try
>"Smelter Demon is ass,just a rehashed boss,easy"
>Died to him over 30 times probably
Does playing DS2 with a dex build just reverse the difficulty or something

not like any of the hexes are worth using LOL

It's some Discord promoter who keeps changing it. That's the one you ignore, the original never had a link to the Discord.

>metroidvania
someone please explain this buzzword to me

>The worst kind of anime pedophiles without a life shit the thread full everytime they beat a "hard" boss or see an invader
>"Omg what dis XD"
The sale filled the thread with even more poor sub humans

He means DS 1 was the only 2D platformer in the series

>not just using chime hexes
all the other shit isnt even worth using

youtube.com/watch?v=-9-_Duke1ZY
>catalysts dont have insanely high AR anymore

The best one wasn't even on sale tho

Why put in the time, money and effort for this big interconnected world when you can just give players warping right off the bat and eliminate the need for it all together?

I miss DS2 pvp
is scholar of the first shekel on PC still alive? I might get back into it.

>buzzword
You must be 18 or older to post on this site, friend.

What are the most fun builds to use in DS3 besides magic?

Lads what the fucking this weird think in the dungeon? It's got a human head but a fucking ridiculous body and is not attacking me.

What's the lore there?

it's the spooped version of that, the other ones will attack you
lore is pontiff locked his abominations there

Sullivan and his jailers did an experiments on prisoners, trying to make them dragons. Tey got this degenerates instead of dragons.

Didn't they also keep Aldrich's meals or ex-meals there, sort of a pantry to store the leftovers if he got hungry again?

what else should I call it? made up word that means nothing without context?

STR with millwood greatbow
Quality still has the most flippy anime weapons in the game, so if thats your thing its fun.
Pyro with demon scar
also did you just medium roll? I hope you didn't just medium roll in that light as fuck armor, you either go 30% or 70%

I like these undead being his meals now that he no longer has the road of sacrifices to feed him. But maybe now that he is after devouring gods they are left to rot since they are now useless

Yeah, it's still active.

>being this new to video games

youtube.com/watch?v=2P1eKThZG-g
I miss when Limit made pvp videos, i guess DaS3 pvp is just that shit.

and scholar has more players on it than DaS1, not that thats saying much, combined they're barely half of the DaS3 player base.

PCFags complaining it was too hard. They can't beat the game without using CE to give them infinite health, items etc. I wish they could've experienced unpatched DS1. They'd probably an hero.

>I wish they could've experienced unpatched DS1
>mfw Sen's bomb throwing giant

good to hear, I guess I'll dl and fire up my old saves. PVP experience in das3 is complete shit and I'm probably just going to drop it seeing theres no point in looking for post-game content.

explain how das1 is metroidvania. is it a backtracking 2d sidescroller with a hueg map?

stop posting your shitty webms

So, i finally got the expansions for Das3, so I'll come back to play it, and I will start a new character, but i dont need OP bullshit, I want the most fun build you can think of.

there are shortcuts... and stuff

Go Pyro :^)

theres nothing fun about this game

Please offer me some words of encouragement as I attempt to bash the skull of this already brain addled qt into the incestuous wall that stands between her and the Soul of Cinder

This gentlemen, is how real men make twink builds

>DaS2 did fashion souls right
>tfw playing DaS3 and your neck shows on most of the shit

>I want the most fun build you can think of
>das3
Uninstall wizzard
Das 3 is very polished gamo have fe, but it's hard to have there
Everything just to safe
You can't even have arrows and urns that destroy armor and weapons for some reason

huh? I thought hexes were good. It's been ~2-3 years since I played ds2 but I recently picked up sotfs.

Where are all the chimes btw?

I meant in das3
hexes in das2 are awesome as fuck.
only 2 chimes you should care about are caitha's in drangleic and dragon charm from hotwheels

That thing looks fun. How is it in pve?

you can do it, I need to do that on my own SL30 twink since I want some fashion from TRC

Well, I'm about to make a dark caster. But one of the most fun builds I've ever made was a pure sorcery build. No Moonlight Greatsword, no Crystal Flamberge, no Greatsword of Judgement, no melee weapons whatsoever. Just a court sorcerer staff, a crown of dusk, a scholar candlestick, the 4 top sorcery rings and a ton of fun. Won a lot of "fight clubs", both by beating people honoraburih and by dunking on the host. This was pre-dlc mind you

I've also enjoyed the stealth sorcerer build, the luck sorcerer build, the pure faith qt healer build for co-op purposes

>charm
chime

also i forgot where the branch staff was, sorry

>both genders have manly shoulders
I know it's to keep the hitboxes consistent but goddamn. Ruined slutwear for me.

Thanks for the tips. Might look at sorcerer, never played one for fun only.

Now Im thinking about a stealth STR with minor sorceries like chameleon and millwood bow. Dont know any good str melee for this theme.

you definitely want the hawk ring because its damage falls off fast.

why does everyone (especially /v/) shit on ds2 so much as the worst souls game? I cant name a single thing it's done wrong.

Pretty much a close range sniper? Sounds silly enough for me. Gonna get some utility sorceries next to it, or should I go pyro? The thing is, i dont really know my way around the dlcs, especially dlc magic

Adding onto this, this is an RPG with a character creator, so making up a role and a character really does help to increase fun

Quality build? Why not a mercenary/bounty hunter? You know how to use damn near all weapons and you're more than comfortable pelting your marks from range with a bow before lopping them apart with a greatsword

Interested in miracles? Play the story of a meek priestess, trying to aid those who would come to her call with her healing before she learns the true power hidden within the miracles she so eagerly reads, becoming a frail yet deadly master of lightning

Figure out what sorta weapons you like, what sort of builds might work with them, and then think of a story that would lead a freshly revived corpse to be taken down the path that leads to these

Danke, technically I'm not making a proper twink build since as soon as I've got all the Watchdog items I'm gonna be heading to 60-80, but knowing it's possible makes me really want to make a tryhard regen tank for low levels

>I cant name a single thing it's done wrong.
the hype train was the problem
DaS2 had been hyped up a bunch and the downscaling of its graphics really fucked it in the ass.

It done wrong plenty of things, but Veeky Forums dislikes it because it was quality and quantity over style unlike das3
Best design book though, only des one can compete

millwood is a STR weapon and is basically made for dragonform flynn builds (red tearstone if you really wanna get crazy)
also it leo hit counters
and friede is a cheating bitch because she has several frames where she cant be knocked back by great arrows despite getting a heatshot

you dont really need magic to go with it

>spend most of webm running to enemies for cover
>proceed to spam soul arrows while the blueberry has to deal with extra projectiles
You're going to tell me magic is viable, right?

Moonlight Greatsword will work wonders, combining bows with greatswords has always been useful since the bow prevents people from passively play at range

Also, the combo weapons such as Splitleaf are fantastic, go like 28 STR, 2-hand the splitleaf and enjoy using buffs like Crystal Magic Weapon to go from bullying people at range to obliterating them in melee

if you really wanted to do a tryhard low level twink you'd use Dragonslayer greataxe

You really are desperate my man

You can like it all you want, just dont delude yourself that what you like automatically needs to be great

Everyone has guilty pleasures, yours is DaS2.

Thank god that brainless blue chased you into enemies before you ran out of juice to plink at him with. If you had been forced to draw him you'd never have done it.

>console babby acting like he's hot shit

Cute.

Dark Souls 2 on release was much different than it is now with all the expansions. Mostly in the enemy positions and layout. It's a fun game, but if you had come from the experience of Dark Souls 1 Artorias of the Abyss you'd often have thoughts like, "Did they not look at any feedback? How'd they manage to let this into the final game?" Dark souls 2 was just suppper hyped by so many people and it didn't shatter expectations, so it left a bad taste in the mouth of some people.

>QUALITY
>Dark Souls 2
That game is the definition of quantity with very very VERY bad quality.

(you)

>Feeling superior because the platform you play on
*C R I N G E*
What a loser lmao

>Makes an INT build
>Fights with a bare amount of intelligence

The gameplay fits the build. STR builds almost always favour charging enemies down and finishing them off with either a ridiculous combo of a few overpowering blows using your unmatched Strength

Dex weapons favour chipping away before dexterously parrying the opponents attack to get a massive crit riposte

Faith is best employed in a team environment, where your comfort with staying in the fray to keep your allies alive truly shows your faith in your team mates

INT builds favour smart plays, only attacking at the most opportune moments due to the inherent weaknesses that offset your often overwhelming barrages of magic

>*C R I N G E*
gotta be 18 to post here, friendo

That is no lag, I'll show you lag

And there's the thing, I didn't make this build to be a twink. If I had I'd have gone knight or something since my Pyromancer's points in INT and FAI are more or less useless. I literally just took the character, leveled VIG to 27 first like I do with all characters I make, got the points to wield a raw SS, stayed like that for the sake of getting the Watchdog items and progressed during the slow periods where I wasn't etting much PvP action.

Only to find that I was infact more than capable of soloing my way past area after area after area with the build as it is, with next to no trouble. Meaning I was getting better rings, better armour, more estus flasks, and stronger sips

Yeah like I said: not viable. Be as smart as you want, it doesn't mean jack when you don't have the fallback of running away. The smart thing would be to build something that can preform well on its own.

The lack of arguments shows that I am right

>dark souls 2 is le bad
amazingly constructed argument. how can anyone recover from that

Here's an argument for you. The art quality is top notch. So many of the armor sets are beautiful and there are a lot of them, so it's awesome for people who like collecting items.

you call that a twink build m8?

Int does not favor smart plays, int favors plinking until you run out of juice or they fall over. The problem is, competent players won't get hit by spells. And if they just refuse to follow you into enemies, you're fucked. If they use a seed, you're fucked. If they don't panic when surrounded by enemies, you're fucked. You can't ever go toe to toe, so the entire build is rendered useless except for some outlier situations.

If you're not able to run away, you're playing the game wrong

This is a game with so many shortcuts, yet you find yourself stuck? No, not buying it

3/10, you got a reply because I've little else to do with myself

Or do melee builds not benefit from the strategy of Turn and Burn when facing multiple opponents in PvP?

>Acting like an authority
>On the internet
Stop it you cringey loser

>>>>>>Deprived
Deprived is the WORST possible choice you could have made.

stay in school kiddo

What if they refuse to chase you and just arrow down the enemies? What if they are competent enough to kill enemies AND dodge magic? What if they have a magic resistant shield? Are you just going to keep running even after you have long run out of FP?

I've managed to win countless invasions, beat countless gank squads, win multiple duels over and over simply by taking the sorcery build and playing smart

No one has perfect prediction, if they do they're not wasting their time on a non-competitive game, they'd be busy making ridiculous sums of money in gambling and other activities

If you play the build smartly and utilize all the tools you have available to you, you are more than capable of outplaying people just by outsmarting them. In invading and 1v1

Vanilla isn't that bad, but absolutely no style. DLC's got great style but shitty gamedesign.

It manages to have
>Worse bosses, graphics, combat, enemies and level design
than Dark Souls 1,
Enemies and Levels look like shit and a mit Well designed, enemy placement makes no sense, the clunky mechanics are just disgusting, the music underwhelming and a lot more

I've won past the item cap for pale tongues. I doubt your words.
>perfect prediction
None of your spells are faster than a second. It's not a matter of prediction, you don't even have any attacks that FORCE prediction. It's all reaction.

If you need to run away you aren't playing it right. The game is just spacing and timing. You could have just rolled through the UGS user, then slapped his ass with a flashsword. Or set up a soulmass and freeaimed some soul spears. Or maybe actually use one of the two pretty good catalyst weapons to keep your options open to something more than kiting and reliance on monsters. Running to enemies for support only shows that you don't have the basic knowledge of the game down.

In other words you need to gain proficiency.

>Get DS2 in Humble Bundle
>Cool, might try it out
>Make a sorcerer, sounds fun
>Figure out that spells are pretty okay, but kinda meh because of low amount of usage
>Starts using a staff and sword to fight my way through things
>No idea where to go, heads off the the heide place
>Runs around for a while, and finds this armoured dude in a tower with a ridiculously small platform
>Kills him without using spells, because fuck that in such a small arena
>Still haven't died yet
So when does this game actually start to become hard?

Also, whats up with the random ass knights that show up and jumps around like idiots? They doesn't seem to give a lot of souls compared to how annoying they are to deal with. They just follow you around forever, and dodge around like spastics, but never actually poses a threat.

Also, how bad is it to switch from Sorcerer to fighter mid-game? Or can I just keep leveling my Intellect and whatever, and be a good mage at some point later on in the game? They don't seem that good right now. Yeah, I can kill some knights before they reach me, but then I have exhausted a third of my spell usage, and wasted a lot more time than I would had I just dashed in, dodged around, and showed my sword up his ass.

>pussies out into a pile of enemies
>heheh I'm so smart xddd
nigga...

So if you played a sorcerer, your idea of playing smartly would be to waste your spells when you know they're not going to hit? If that's the case, i can understand your reluctance to play that type of build

You're thinking about too many what ifs: What if the opponent rolls out of every single one of your melee attacks? What if he parries you on the first hit? What if he happens to lag at the worst moment?

All builds lose if they're countered perfectly. You invade and get guys who won't chase you. Make yourself a nuisance every time they find a mob of enemies. That's what invading is meant to be about, becoming a part of the other player's world that they can either deal with by killing or deal with by avoiding

you can respec. you could fight hard bosses now or keep going the easy path,

not for vig gouging at SL15 faggot, I dare you to find a class that can hit 24 vig at SL15
all other stats are pointless when you use the dark hand

The best lag death must fucking be that one nigga that died from a pvp backstab in DS2 after the pvp was over and after he has already rested at the bonfire

Your idea of Sorcerer is literally "Run from encounter to encounter and hope you get lucky enough to land a hit". You don't have the pressure to force mistakes, you don't have the damage to punish mistakes, all you have is a pool of FP and the hope that you will kill them before you run out. You are just a bad build.
>what if the opponent perfect rolls out of every attack
Catch their rolls
>What if he parries you
If he has a parry tool out don't be a retard and swing away
>What if he lags at the worst moment
If you are in such a tight spot as a single lag hit will kill you, you were already losing.
Meanwhile you have one option: hope they are dumb enough to get hit by a slow spell

Don't judge me by your own standards, I've never claimed to require the use of enemies to win every invasion because that's simply not necessary

You turn and burn when they chase with a flashsword. You chip at them with a dart when they run. You hang back and cast nukes when they're too busy to be looking. You use the large amount of combos available with weapons such as Immolation Tinder and Heysel's Pick. You don't waste casts because you're not desperate. Even if you die you're likely to re-invade with fresh estus while they've got, what, the two extra you gave them from making a mistake?

Every build type, from strength to faith to dex to int and all the hybrids inbetween are viable. Don't have to like it, but it's a truth. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night

Attempt to get a sword called "Blue Flame". It acts as a sorcery catalyst and a pretty solid sword beside. Also, funny when you fuck around with it in PvP and pretend it can't cast until you have an opening for a kill shot. Gets people the majority of the time.

Vigor is inferior to Vitality at ultra low level. Knight or Warrior are both superior choices because they don't waste loads of stats on mentals

Faith builds are not viable and neither are sorcery builds. Anyone CAN beat anyone, but not if they are both playing at an equal skill level with disparate builds. Sure a tourney player could accidentally fuck up every little thing against a pure faith caster, but the likelihood is with a little bit of effort that faith caster will die having not done much.