/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous = NEWS =
>1.03 patch notes
tekkengamer.com/2017/07/04/ps4-tekken-7-patch-ver-1-03-launched-japan-regions-soon-follow/
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYsoRTYz33M
challonge.com/kboqilts
discord.gg/FSc2ZB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if there was one cancerous piece of shit character I could remove, without a doubt it would be Asuka.
I hate her more than Paul
If you play Asuka please consider suicide, I really mean it

>Tekken 8 opening
>Master Raven is standing on top of a volcano
>HEIHACHI MISHIMA...
>LIVES
>I'M HERE NOOOWWW

Is Alisa a good character?

What the fuck do you do against people who block all day?!?!

t. Gigas player

That fhcf throw?

yeah. she is like Katarina on crack.

>tfw landing rdc now
yay. fighting games are satisfying

So, in Tag2 tekgen, we had tournaments like every month. We even had a random character tournament where we all signed up and Bil streamed himself picking our chars out of a hat, and then proceeding to drop them all over his floor.
Do you guys wanna tourney again? Not talking about the mode in-game, it's garbage.

>master raven

5 copies instantly pre-ordered.

>get to green finally
>every single match is either a Steve ungaing and doing nothing but safe attacks or some tryhard retard doing terrible KBDs and just going on the opposite side of the arena and playing "defense" the entire game
Jesus Christ this is cancer.

mechachi is already confirmed
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYsoRTYz33M

Let's assume they don't suck and tech them. Then what?!?!

t. same Gigas player

t. Kyu Shitter

Then you've got them expecting throws, so you can start using lows. Then, when you've got lows in their mind, yuou can start playing normal tekken and using a mixup of mids and lows to do damage, and surprising them with a throw when they expect an attack.
Conditioning is a strong tactic that every character can use, no matter how bad they are.

I can't wait to see them make him too manly for pitiful lava to defeat him

Learn to sniff punish

Always remember - Never reply to Lucifer.

I actually forgot about that guy already since filtering him

Gonna post this here before I go to my test.
I've been enjoying this as my first fighting game, started out with Dragunov, got a bit decent and learned a couple of combos but left him when I realized his true potential requires crouch cancelling which is too advanced and my timing was really bad, wasted a lot of time trying and got nowhere.
Then I picked up Claudio and I felt like he was a really solid character but he's just too simple and I would practically learn nothing aside from some super basic fundamentals playing him.
So my question is this, what character can I play that isn't too hard to play like Lee / Mishimas and others, but still teaches me how to improve my reaction and timing and shit like that? basically be a gateway for me to be able to get into harder characters I guess?

I don't know the correct terminology for what it is I mean exactly but I think you guys get it, as long as it isn't Lucky Chloe I think I could live with whatever char works best.

fucking 17ers

I wish Asuka wasn't boring as bricks.

I got rekt :(

>HEIHACHI CLIMBS OUT OF THE VOLCANO
REMIXED T2 INTRO MUSIC PLAYS

At what rank do people actually start playing Tekken instead of "hurr muh character specific gimmix"

>2017
>no replay feature

Dragunov's crouch cancel isn't that hard (and it's the only "hard" thing about him, execution-wise) you can play without it for a while until your execution gets better and you get the hang of it.

Not sure I understand this question

>gets owned
>blames it on gimmicks
its not the games fault you got death fisted bro

See if these timings help you. You'll want to make sure that the first forward input is buffered during the 1,2 animation and that there's only a minor hint of the dash, if at all.

At "realizing you're bad and learning to deal with gimmicks" rank.

Shaheen probably.

hey pc players

is there any way to turn of the god damn keyboard so you can type without cancelling your fucking search for a match or some shit?

The best advice I can give you is to just play around with different characters. Paul and Jack are fantastic for fundamentals but can be quite dull to play.

Ultimately it comes down to you and who you enjoy. Play what you like and the skills will follow

I don't think that crouch cancelling should deter you from Dragunov. It's easy af.
Every character in the game will teach you what you want to know. I'd reccomend just going through the cast and finding a character you like. Don't look at them like a list of tools and challenges, look at them like a list of animations, and find the character with the coolest animations.
Giving you character names is pointless, you know them already, go do the work for yourself and you'll be happier.

That never stops. The best thing about character specific gimmicks, is that you can practice against them in a gamemode dedicated, to pulling up a chars movelist and coming up with ways around stuff.

>run up and poke them
>they dash to the other side of the arena
>I still have more life

The minor dash you're referring to is after the df4, 3 right? I just got off the game but I'll definitely keep at it again tomorrow perhaps. Maybe I'm not buffering it right or I'm hitting 1 too early cause 4/5 times I get a normal 1 and not the ff1.

Thanks for the vid tho user. Also just re-asking, when is it ever reliable to do f2, d1, 2?

I don't know what happened but after being stuck in Expert for a while I suddenly got all the way to Marauder

I'm improving?

I think thats a bug in matchmaking

Why don't you go play the game, and spend all the energy you're putting towards getting our approval and confirmation, and use it towards actually getting better.
4 ranks is fuck all.

You will be back to mentor by tomorrow friendo

I need to eat, I just like shitposting while eating
delete

>get home from work
>open thread
>ctrl+f dragunov
>still no tech

Why does everyone say Kazumis d/f+1 is so good?

what 'tech'?

Ranks don't matter, and if you have to ask then the answer is clearly, "no."

Stop playing Dragunov.

You will never fight better players if you don't rank up

I'm just looking for people sharing setups.

I refuse to stop when he's been my main for at least 6 years.

you will never fight God-King Lucifer if you play ranked

are you really meant to throw that part in the garbage?

I need to learn to spam/be disrespectful. I don't adjust my gameplan to fight scrubs so I do as well against them as I do against mid level players, because I respect them too much. I win but it should be more convincing.

I need to learn to just throw out quick CH launch moves over and over ornjust go full meme and RDC everyone who won't break it when I'm in bracket. I wouldn't do it to someone in a casual match, but when I need the W I should drop all pretenses.

Pls give advice for memeing on people.

wth, Ling's voice is so cute
I ran into one that didn't skip her intro, that's adorable
too bad she's cancer

>played him for 6 years
>never learned any "tech"

Play Lucky OR ELSE

If you play King just go for constant tick throws. Most players won't break em if you mix em up. Learn his chain throws and go HAM.

Pounce on me, Asuka-sama!!

>win first 2 rounds
>this guy sucks
>become enamored with the prospect of actually winning a match
>lose 3 in a row

Everyone knows that Lucifer is the king of Tekken. Just look how badly he owns those Beginner/Kyu ranked players!

Why wouldn't you read the instructions?

The ground system being reworked removed a lot of it. Can never have enough tech either.

This is why no one plays lucky players. You're all creeps.

Since Akuma doesn't have a command throw, are throws useless with him?

No, the dash is for the ff+1 input, you shouldn't dash when inputting f+1,2.

For f+2,d+1,2 you can only really hit it off of a float. I may be wrong but it's not really possible to hit it after a tailspin. So an example combo would be:
u/f+4; f+3; d/f+4,3; f+1; f+2,d+1,2

How can anyone be stuck in Kyu this long and not be a kid?

nigga has a demon flip, that's fear enough

Silly question.

>Win 2 rounds
>Suddenly he starts playing like a god

He gets good damage off of lows anyways

Yes. Unless one of them switches sides during the break.

>too bad she's cancer
Muh honesty! Kek
Cry some more. I'll keep winning

Technically his RA is a throw

I have a question regarding player sides.

Does it actually matter?

When I chose 2P side are the other people I'll be facing on 1P?
Or the game will just reverse it meaning that I might be facing people who also chose 2P?

this might blow your mind user, but its 2017 and namco have developed the tech to allow... BOTH players to be on the left side... how can any other company compete...

demon flip throw is unbreakable

All throws are useful. Back throws also cannot be escaped.

>lagswitchers
This is a bullshit excuse. I played some dude for three games and when I got him downloaded in game 3 and was about to 3-0 him he pulls the plug and sends me a message calling me a lag switcher. Yeah sure, you played me for three games and when you get your shit completely and totally pushed in it means that I activated my lag switch despite you not dropping a single combo? Get fucking real.
You people don't even know what lag switching looks like.

It will reverse it for you

But you'll get shit at playing the other sode if you ever want to play in lovals etc. Switch between the sides.

Hey Steve mains, here's a getup catch that works off of CH DCK+1 and b+2. You need to make sure the opponent is FUFA and spike with u/f+1, once you do that input iPAB u/f+2 to catch any option that gets up off of the ground. You will whiff if they use an option that stays grounded, in which case you can get iPAB d+1 guaranteed.

>play guy 3 times
>everything is ok
>4th time he gets a demo match
>suddenly it's literally 1 bar the entire game
hmmm :^^^)

ahah well memed xd

you both start out on the side you picked at the start. if you both chose 2p, then you'll be on the right side on your screen and they'll be on the right side on their screen.

but you can still tell which side they're playing on based on where the camera is pointing. if the camera is facing the normal direction, they're on 1p. if it's facing the "back" of the stage, they're on 2p. that's useful for if you're playing mishimas who typically pick the side they're best at doing electrics on because you can still force them to switch to the other side mid match.

I've been testing out Raven's teleport counters a bit because I couldn't find a lot of info on them.
So she has:
1+2 unblockable attack from above (same as 3+4, 2), hold back during the teleportation to teleport further back (useful if they have a lot of forward momentum and may pass under you)

bb2 faec surfing (same as 3+4, 4)
qcf 1+2 face surfing

As far as I can tell the teleport will activate if you're hit in the first 3 frames of the move, works against mid and high kicks and punches.
So you can use this for frame traps or even mash it during any string with 1-3 frame gaps, can punish several strings that are safe on block.

Also she has a move b1+3/b2+4 which causes her to just teleport far back for spacing.
This one seems to activate if hit in the first 8 frames and it works on everything, lows, elbows, knees etc.
Could potentially mash this during strings with mid/low options when you don't want to guess.

It was a tombola.

useless unless you're playing brand new players.

Well I already (very) regularly switch sides.

Jokes on Mishimas playing on 2P then

I swear I'm not lag switching my ISP is just shit and inconsistant as hell, please forgive me anons.

I cannot fucking wait for the new company in town to install fiber in my neighborhood.

We are running a tournament right now but it's slow as fuck because people aren't on Discord.

challonge.com/kboqilts

discord.gg/FSc2ZB4

You're right, but I was just using the expression. I guess since I painted the picture, I could've done it right.
Were you in that tournament?

There's a tournament running on but beats me why they don't use the dedicated tournament mode instead

How the fuck, do people on stick get such clean inputs for EWGF? I feel like my stick is too sensitive or something, i press it in a direction 1 time, but 3 inputs come out.

When I try, my inputs do this

6 223
6 233
6 236
6 2366

I can never get a perfect
6 23

he's not stuck he's just afraid to play ranked at all

We wouldn't use the gamemode, because it's not doable. On a scale like tekgens playerbase, we can't get the tournament done in a day. They went on for weeks in tag2, because everyone's schedule is different, and we needed to arrange the matches.

KingJae is the worst Tekken youtuber

atleast you know why you're winning

oh my days

I should uninstall if I haven't ranked up in an entire month right?