Cuckm/o/bile

Are crossovers truly the worst of the automotive world?

Why would any reasonable person purchase one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jkiv-bWbLIo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're not awful as vehicles, they're just not the best at anything and most people who buy them would be better served by a minivan or wagon. Their greatest crime is absorbing SUVs and wagons.

because americans are fat and dumb and they find it too uncomfortable to step up and down a car

>reasonable
lots of cargo space
nice ride height
drives like a car, not a truck
not wasting space by having a sedan body style
typically have AWD option
sort wheelbase means a small turning radius

>reasons boyracers dont like them
not sports cars
don't offer extreme performance
aren't coupes
FWD or FWD biased AWD
not race cars
no vape holster
no stage 2 mawd kits
not a WRX

You want something on the lot now and not wait 6+ months for a wagon.

>Not the best at anything
>Not the worst vehicles

Really fires my neurons

Jack of all trades, master of none. But 99% of their buyers don't really ever use the limited off-road capability the crossover provides, thus they'd be better off with a minivan or wagon.

crossovers are literally the best all around vehicle for the average person

>But 99% of their buyers don't really ever use the limited off-road capability
Citation very much needed for a pulled-out-of-your-ass figure like that.

>minivan
Only Dodge/Chrysler and Honda still make a minivan. And the former is oven-hot garbage.

Tell me with a straight face the average soccermom driving one of these in the city or even a rural town is even going to hit a gravel road, let alone the sort of trail that requires good clearance and AWD.

Are crossovers supposed to be the modern day station wagons?

Tell me with a straight face that some specific hypothetical you just made up right now is 99% of the customers of an entire car style. The burden of proof on your unreasonable claim is on you.

That said, gravel roads are very much a part of a daily drive in my area. So is heavy snow for a large portion of winter. Yes, enough snow to make increased ground clearance a great benefit.

Your target demographic for crossovers. They can't even change a tire ffs let alone go off road.

>haha
>I posted a very fake looking photo of people standing in front of a crossover
>that totally means something guys
0/10, see me after class

There's this abomination that Volvo has made referring so I suppose so.

no but these are.

I legitimately do not understand why you are defending crossover buyers. If you're the rare exception that somehow decided you wanted a crossover instead of something with at least 1 axle for wheeling, prove the stereotype wrong. I won't judge you (much) for it. And it's a stock photo most likely, no shit its staged.

How do you know that they can't even change a tire? You're making a lot of assumptions.

I'm just trying to get you to stop posting retarded shit, and make actual criticisms instead of posting made up statistics, and strawman fallacies.

But I guess not looking like a giant retard is beyond you.

Because they're women, thus it's statistically likely.
Gravel roads can be driven on by literally anything but a stance car. Short of state-wide shutdown 3ft snow falls, pretty much anything can struggle through snow in the winter too, with good snow tires.

>tfw been offroadin in a hybrid
>owner is a girl

I get that you dont like crossovers but people do take them offroad

I did make criticisms of them. They're masters of none. But their real sin is that their vehicle segment has swallowed up once-good wagons and SUVs into amorphous blobs that aren't as good as their old versions in an effort to appeal to a mass market. If someone wants to buy a vehicle to use "serious" wheeling, they won't pick a crossover due to 90% or so of them having a garbage fwd-based awd system instead of true awd like a Subaru or true 4x4. Thus, your main market is people who would be better served by a more spacious minivan or wagon, but they have a perceived want of a high ride height.

>all crossover drivers are women
and all Veeky Forumstists are busriders then

>short of state-wide shutdown 3ft snow falls
I don't live in Georgia.

That's actually pretty cool though

I drive on gravel roads and live where it snows for a good chunk of the year and a plain old Accord with winter tires does just fine, sure as hell does better than cuck overs driven by people who have no idea what they're doing

>I know what people want and need
>crossovers are ruining offroad options

companies make dedicated offroad oriented models but they dont count I guess

so people shouldn't have lift or AWD, and should drive a minivan because you want them to, and that demand for a product that people desire shouldn't drive what the market produces?

>true AWD
should it matter when the only reason most people normally want AWD is to handle slippy roads in the winter, and aren't trying to rallycross?

and I can guarantee that you driving an AWD crossover with winter tires would also beat those drivers in an Accord with winter tires

hell, you'd probably beat your own self driving the Accord

you'd just be crabby the whole time because you cant get over your own preconceived notions

""""""""""AWD""""""""""
Most cuckovers don't have real AWD. And if you actually live in an area where you need something with ground clearance and AWD you'd be buying a fullsize SUV or a truck, not a fucking CRV or the likes

because women don't feel safe in regular cars, they want something bigger

Define """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""real AWD"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>im a retard who will get a fullsize vehicle for light offroading so every one else is too

lmao

starting to see that you have some problems user

what would a fullsize SUV offer over a CUV besides added size and HP? more body roll?

Actually driving all of the wheels instead of sending over 10% torque when it detects some slip

This for instance looks and performs better than any cuck over and more likely to outlive it.

They would be *better served* by a more efficient wagon or more spacious minivan. That's all. It's not about my wants. Just saying the benefits of those compared to the largely unused features of a crossover. However, people's wants also include wanting to look cool, and for whatever reason right now, crossovers are cool, so of course they sell even if they're not quite as good commuters as other vehicle types.
>slippery roads in winter
SNOW. TIRES. END OF DISCUSSION. Normies see AWD and think "Oh, that means it's good on snow" not realizing that that doesn't help them steer or stop, and their shit 95% FWD computer-controlled AWD rarely does its job well to begin with. A fucking open diff rwd minitruck can manage a tough winter with snow tires and weight in the bed.
When did I ever say some weren't also making off-road oriented models? It's just that some models have been swallowed up by the crossover trend.
Obviously it's teeny bit better. But didn't you yourself say we aren't rallycrossing here?

Actual ground clearance

>light offroading

>drives on a dirt road
>light off roading

A lot of crossovers only send power to the rear wheels when the computer detects slippage at the front. General wonkiness ensues. Something purely mechanical like Subaru's system with defeatable TCS is the gold standard, all wheels, all the time. Consistent and predictable.

they're also as rare as hen's teeth, especially unmolested

in what world do you need a high ground clearance on the daily

you just want to defend the true cuckmobiles which are compensation trucks and suvs

Subaru's have "real AWD" where the system is on all the time, and the power is sent equally to all wheels, hence the name all wheel drive

Trucks that have 4wd options also have "real AWD" but it can be turned on and off

Something that has a body on frame and not unibody
That being said body on frame vehicles are harder to come across nowadays

This too. i know more women crossover owners than sedan owners
most of my male friends have hatchbacks or sedans

He said "in an application where you actually need high ground clearance and true awd" not "light offroading".

Dude an Accord could drive down that

most modern haldex style AWD is pretty well ironed out, driving all 4 wheels 100% is just a bonus for oil companies, it doesn't give you any more traction than a haldex type system

I will give you that older front biased AWD systems were wonky, but it's not the early 2000s anymore, and I'm not going to buy a rav-4 with 180k miles on it.

Selectable 4x4, diff locking, ground clearance thanks to an axle at least at the back, usually better approach angles with the stock bumpers.

>modern haldex style AWD is pretty well ironed out
wew lad

>Something that has a body on frame and not unibody
I already said that.
>more body roll

Then that defeats the cuvs only selling point, that it has a higher clearance than a sedan.

What's wrong with them?
>lots of storage space
>still somewhat compact package
>tall ride height
>comfy seating
>large interior
It's a jack of all trades

lol your Accord can probably get around the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes and beat WRC around Finland too

terrains arent even comparable

its not some small dick lifted 4x4 but its all the average person really needs which is the point

It's not just straight line traction. It's about consistency. You can liftoff-oversteer a Subaru and get on the gas in snowfall, and it will react the same every single time.
Also, Honda at least haven't gotten their shit together.
youtu.be/jkiv-bWbLIo

Why would the average person need a slightly higher ground clearance if they are driving on the road 99% of the time?

And master of none. They half ass everything when people would just be better off buying something that actually fits their needs

This vid is gold

>Selectable 4x4
Complete meme. Vacuum lines were yet another mistake made by GM. A computer is much better at telling when you have slip than any given driver.
>diff locking
That is a legitimate point.
>ground clearance thanks to an axle at least at the back
This is true, many crossovers have trailing arms or semi-trailing arms for drivability.
>usually better approach angles with the stock bumpers
That's really down to whoever is making the car, and aesthetic decisions being made. Some crossovers have great approach angles, many full size SUVs have shitty approach angles. Many offroaders take bumpers off anyways.

Wanna post a picture that isn't a blurry mess? Show us all the modifications that CRV has

Honda has no business sending traction to the rear end of any given car.

>he thinks selectable 4x4 is still done by a vacuum line

So what? What does it's job better and I'll point out their flaws as to why nobody normal buys them instead.

>NSX
>S2000
>any Acura with SH-AWD

What is your point, that Ford nailed what AWD should be?

curbs or just maybe they like riding higher like plenty of people do

and everyone I know with an awd takes it on trails or at least climbs some hills or shit sometime

lol its a stock CRV on street tires and it still makes it up

Nah. I just took a shot at GM because they deserve it.

Does the job better than what?

>want to haul more stuff
Wagon / Van
>want to carry more people
Van / SUV
>want to sit high
SUV / Truck

I stand by what I said.

hurr durr lets buy 3 separate cars instead of getting a one in all package

I have the exact one in OP pics, and its the worst thing ever imagined. I fucking hate it, and cant wait to get rid of it come spring.

>selectable 4x4
>a complete meme
A human can look at a situation and pre-emptively select 4x4. A computer has to guess based on the traction control system.
Not every manufacture has made haldex work. And haldex still isn't as good as Subaru.
Crossover actually does win the sit high contest, rides the most like a car.

So a crossover does all three, instead of being forced into an ultimatum?

Very very poorly

As gas been stated previously, most people don't use all of the jack of all trades nature of the crossover and would be better served by a different vehicle type.

Crossovers don't sit high at all, you just feel like you're sitting high because of the seating position

>Wagon / Van
Wagons are too old styled, vans have soccer mom stigma
>SUV / Truck
SUVs are just too small go big or go home. Trucks are for tiny dicked men and their dumb hick women.

There you go. That's why normal people like Crossovers.

T.b.h. a full-size SUV like the tahoe or expedition could do all of those three examples.

>A computer has to guess
Lmao. Being provided with information that you wouldn't even know what to do with, and making decisions on where to send torque better than a human is a little beyond guessing

Soccer moms drive crossovers now

wrong since all 3 of those are in crossovers

and get shitty mileage
drive like a truck
and be a bitch to park

lol you people dont understand the appeal of a crossover and thats your problem

Yeah. But the Tahoe and Expedition are also enormous and impractical.

>Wagons are too old styled

Maybe if you're a low test yurocuck

I know but the stigma isn't as strong because young people really like Crossovers too. No young people liked vans. In fact people are starting to DEFEND the minivan today because of its massive stowage capacity.

A top of the line one, maybe, but that's not what's going into cars. Twice the driven wheels, twice the traction. Always.

Dude, I know you like the V90, and I won't take that away from you. But I happen to think it's really fucking ugly.

Sorry. I still liked the V70

Gross. Looks like something out of the 80s.

Women like crossovers and their cuck boyfriends/husbands pay for them without question

America hates wagons and yeah that looks like someone tried real hard to make a wagon cool and it fails

typical truckfag is projecting retard

>Twice the driven wheels, twice the traction. Always.
Okay. Now I know you legitimately have no clue how AWD works.

Found the soyboy

I understand the appeal, but the majority of their buyers are buying them for their street utility plus image and if they could see past the retarded wagon stereotype they'd be buying cars that suited their actual needs better. That's all.

>he likes fagons
What are you, gay?

A wagon tows more than your cuckm/o/bile of the same year.

Ford Escape does 3500

True. Women like them because they're big and safe and comfortable. That's the perception anyway.

Well, which kind? In Subaru's awd, power is split 60/40 f/r in auto, 50/50 in manual. The front and rear diffs split it again to the wheels. Rather than WAIT for slippage, good awd or selectable 4x4 already has the power at every wheel.