/twg/ - Total War General

Asur-a-best Edition

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elves Let's Play
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0TwdUj8DZ7o?t=5m50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for ancient romans spoke Japanese

Third for Liberty!

>Reikland not Altdorf ok?

druchii hype

>High Elves Let's Play

new today. for slow pokes.

If i had to use reshade i would probably just use fake FXAA and a crispy filter, i really hate bloom because it's only used to mask how bad something looks and color palette changes just look bad

its strike, right?

Will probably be a High Elf trailer with them facing off against the Dark Elves. Missives usually concern the faction they're teasing.

Me on the right.

It's not part of the ritual.

It's unrelated to the ritual.

Time for Osprey

i have no idea how this shit works.

Has anyone posted this dark elf concept art yet?

Did the Lizardmen missive arrive before the teaser for the trailer or after?

Anything from Napoleonic wars? Slavs and Frenchies preferably.

this is a letter from a Dark Elf. Nothing related to Skavii

that's a Verminlord

What are the Separatists trying to accomplish? Their Elector Count became Emperor.

Don't people pretending to be lesbians usually post on /u/?

I wonder who could be behind this post?

>Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer - May 11
>Lizardmen Roster Reveal - May 18
>High Elf Roster Reveal - Jun 9
>Youtubers started uploading all the Battle of the Fallen Gates stuff - Jun 16
>First look at Campaign Map - Jun 21
>High Elves Let's Play - July 11

Seems like there's at least a few days and at most almost three weeks between every bit of substantial news (concept art and such don't really count). So at best we might get something next week and at worst we'll be waiting until early August. Of course, they could suddenly change gears and flood us with STUFF at any point.

user...

Or they could delay the release date.

Sorry, I don't have what you seek

I mean all their territory is in Reikland.

Probably more power to the rest of the province. Altdorf is kinda dominating the province. Middenland and Middenheim has/had the same "conflict".

>this_action_does_not_have_my_consent.jpg

Oh shit trips

Jesus fucking christ this was insane, I've never micro'd that hard. Thanks fucking god for those heavens buffs

what if they wanted another elector cunt ?

How do I deal with the massed trash ranged units and spearmen as Hellenic factions in divide et impera?

My armys are always outnumbed since they never fight without having a garrison nearby. If I try to advance with my pike phalanx they will get lose 30-50 men just trying to reach the lines from from archers, while my archers are to few to actually make a difference.

I can win these battles but I just feel there has to be a better way.

do you not have cavalry, stupid frogposter?

Boris Jealousbringer bought them using funds obtained from Vlad von Putin. Then they engaged in an aggressive social media campaign to get more simple-minded people on their side. It was literally due to shitposting.

Are the ranged units slingers, peltasts or archers?
If its just archers and peltasts counter with slingers, works even against the masses of unarmoured mounted archers the nomad tribes field
Also get some cav

>peasants actually doing not terrible damage

huh

I wish could see all the armies. One of the army had 2 crypt horrors, 3 black knights, 2 crypt guards and 1 Vargheist. Shit was tense as fuck.

Peasants ftw though

History and fantasy living in harmony as we wait for STUFF.

With harmonic convergence they become high tier units really. That spell is so fucking good.

Yeah I have cav to get archers on the flanks but most of the time spearmen are always right behind them.
Its 90% archers with maybe one unit of slingers. Ill get slingers and see how they work.

Unless they delay the release they'll need to up the pace.

stop it anons, it's not funny anymore
We all know rodents are not real

As I was saying last thread, it will be the High Elves trailer. The Lizardmen trailer had a High Elves letter teasing it.

Kardor Soulflayer is going to get 'Admiral Ackbar-ed'.

Spooky.

only against zombies and skeletons user.

Why spooky

Thumbnail.

I'm playing Shogun 2 and having issues with naval combat, namely that matchlock troops seem to be buggy about firing their weapons. Is there any way to get them to actually shoot?

Have you guys ever lost a campaign? In late game?

Just got obliterated by chaos while playing von carstein on legendary. Had my two good armies in Estalia when they declared war, and razed all of my home provinces sending me into a deficit.

Then by the time I pulled back bjornlings and poopoos destroyes my southern provinces. Final battle was fought over Grenzstadt against Sarthoreal and Kholek against Vlad and Isabella. I had a third of the men they had and was promptly destroyed. Felt kinda ok since first game I didnt savescum at all

I suppose

Turn off fire by rank as the set up time for it is insanely long

I could imagine the Warhammer World as being Veeky Forums. Lizardmen are /pol/, Dwarfs are /v/, Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, Chaos Daemons are /b/, /d/ are Dark Elves, etc.

we had to make a thread before bump limit because we reached max images, and now you're spamming images in this thread for no reason

do you realize what you're doing, exactly?

>hread before bump limit because we reached max images, and now you're spamming images in this thread for no reason
>do you realize what you're doing, exactly?

He's posting relevant images on an image board user.

Ospreyposting as is an old /twg/ pastime.

Guess I'll halt now.

Fuck off I'm enjoying this, ospreyposting has always been relevant to /twg/

Dont stop now, keep going

who care about reaching image limit? We'll just make a new thread once we'll get there

I have hundreds of screenshots of my TW campaigns, if I started posting them one after the other for dozens of posts, people would tell me to fuck off

No you fuck off, the only reason people do this is to post because they want to post

Just because Osprey is about history doesn't automatically make it /twg/ related

This, what fucking difference does it make?

yeah, it's better to shitpost about history vs fantasy really, I mean why the fuck would people do anything else in this thread anyway

kill yourself my man

What super fantastical topics is the ospreyposter distracting this amazing general from?

I actually feel sorry for you that you have this attitude, not even memeing.

I would rather you post your total war screens than being that guy who tells other people to fuck off.

You're a god damned hypocrite

>I have hundreds of screenshots of my TW campaigns,
No? Campaign posting is also accepted here.

Just fuck off dude.
Do you have Successor kingdoms stuff?

Do post your campaigns user

>Wanting to post is bad
>We should just let the thread die without posting in it.
>clearly this will make the thread better.

no seriously fuck off and die.

he's posting japanese and chinese ships, the chinese ones sure are pointless but all the jap ones are actually featured in shogun 2 and its interesting to see osprey dipictions of the same ships.

now FUCK OFF.

Yes, keep going.

preasu stoppa arguing friendsu

posta totaru warru

Days and upcoming days of noticeable stuff are always bitchy days. It makes certain people uppity.

So are there any good mods for Warhammer or what

And how come all the mods are on workshop and not TWcenter? Is this GW being jews?

The modders have simply been moving more and more towards steam, it's been the trend for years

Almost all major modding communities host their files through Steam now. Even Arma, and they're a buncha old fogeys.

I AM ________ AND _________

SNEAKY
STABBY

Now if only the workshop wasn't a fucking disaster. I try to avoid it for any game I can but sadly some like TW:WH and XCOM2 I can't really.

BORING
UNINSPIRED

Really, all his character is about being the best human at everything barring magic. Others in the empire at least have something going like having limits and flaws, or bretonnians have the whole "actually wanting to be chivalric but most don't know what that even means" and stumble around doing goofy or retarded shit with some highlights of glory.

>d
His son is a Chaos Mutant.

When did they say that? What's the effect on him and those around him?

>counter-charging cavalry with cavalry in forest

youtu.be/0TwdUj8DZ7o?t=5m50s

what would you have done?

>tfw mod deleted my Ospreys

>confirmed for not knowing anything about Karl 'Zoggin' Franz

Have you even read about him? Hes had his fair share of losses and difficulties. If anything hes just the only one trying to do good in a world of assholes and deamons.

Is that not the point of him? Most past Emperors of the Empire have been quite useless at the job.

Only Sigmar, Magnus the Pious and Manfred Skavenslayer have been decent.

So I see since you failed at making everyone hate Grimgor you've just moved on to Karl.

Franz's quirk is that he's a ruthless pragmatist, albeit one whose actions are inspired by preservation of humanity and the world against the forces of evil. Time and again he is shown casually unleashing the Reiksguard on Altdorf protesters because he's an authoritarian in the service of a higher goal, sort of like Roosevelt.

if nobody has an advantage then its an equal playing field and it falls to who ever has the superior troops.

now if there were supporting infantry it'd be a different matter.

Hes very similar to the Emperor in 40k in that respect, which I assume is what GW was going for

>lavs and Frenchies preferably.

testing battle rake

Wrong. Learn to use magic.

That definitely makes him more interesting

Sorry that I don't like flat characters, you can fellate over the ebin headbutt if you like, I don't care about your opinion and I care even less about changing it.

>ruler dedicates his life to upholding the virtues of his people and defending their lives
>places every fiber of his being into statecraft and warfare, has no children, no wife

>REEEE WHY IS KARL THE UBERMENSCH
Because.

>First this guy comes at me with a butterfly on his back
>then this fucker comes at him with a RAKE