Beginner-friendly shitbikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Nobike? Start here:
Webms with sound:
Previous thread:

250 a best

Let me say early on that Yamaha 250s are the best dual sports money can buy.

First for 929 master size

250 forever

But 954

Isn't the FZ-09 less than 850cc?
Also
>Ducati 907
>904cc
WHY

>Not even best 250
At least try

>this is what bikelets actually believe

Suzuki 350s are best.

did you loop it?

I'd rather not tow my 250 to the trail head. Just ride the whole way and jump right into the trails.

>250cc

Is that even powerful enough to start a real bike?

too bad i have a 30 inch inseam

still love mine though

Sorry.
Here is best 250

Just gonna trash this one for a couple months and move on. No harsh feelings to the big brother

>suzuki
>always worst in class
Best at building shit maybe

My brother did, but forwards, not backwards.
He was following a car too closely and they brake checked him.

>not best CR

Suzuki 350s are fun, but the power difference is minimal. I think they're just as light or lighter than Yamaha 250s though, so you should actually feel that power difference up steep hills and shit.

At least it isn't a 650 :^)

Fact: DRZ400 the best

Worst in class at what? These things are tanks, mines a 1997 and still running strong. I can take this thing on sandy trails and keep up comfortably with traffic on the highway.

you shut your whore mouth

kek. Flipped mine forward too when I hit a deer with it.

>slower and heavier than a 250
Suzuki best at building shit. Yet again

XTs are actually pretty short as far as dual sports go, have you tried wearing boots?

can confirm.
had my DRZ400 for over 10 years now.
never failed or had any problems ever.
always starts, always runs, never lets me down

No worries.
Is what it is.
My bike has a ton of sentimental value, so I can't get rid of it.
I do want the new Fireblade. Still love this one tho.

The best dual sports money can buy are either orange or converted dirt bikes.

Nah only this sits on the podium next to the CR

If all the bikes in the world were suzukis then no one would ride, because all bikes would be fucking trash.

>heavier
the DRZ400 weighs 300 lbs
weight is a non-issue

>tfw highsided housemate's bike
>it's kind of obscure and I can't readily get parts to fix it
>he thinks it's at the shop getting fork seals done

Fuck my fucking life I don't have the time or money for this bullshit

No

>mfw 996
>mfw best at being liter
heh nothing personnel

Just kill yourself you scumbag.

Ha.
Is this like a common break point or some shit.
As you see I didn't replace it, just zip ties. And the hook for the seat to hold it down is from a bungee cord.

i think you need to leave

Rural exploring... Found an abandoned train station out in the woods. Sign said the train station used to ship WWI soldiers out to NY.

Kys pedo

I was an idiot and thought that i could lower my wr250f

ended up shaving the seat

wew lad start writing out your apology and finding a new place

I still have the
>1157

When did top speed on a dual-sport become a thing to brag about?

No one said top speed

did yours bend the subframe like this too?

I went ahead and ordered a new subframe tho. It was only like $70.

get a load of this reddit
clean up those headers senpai

XR>CR
Nice try sweeties

Suzuki in its natural position

YZ>all

>slower

No. Honestly, nothing but plastics was ruined. I think the car cushioned it.

Soon. I need it pretty so I can sell it.

Depends on which XR and which CR

CRs make awful trail bikes and XRs are trail godbikes

What bike?

>trail
>thinking going on sunday stroll hiking trails constitutes offroading

Maybe where you live but in North Idaho there is tons of steep single track

show me the gnarly off road terrain you ride on, hardass

I've been on some hiking trails that would be semi difficult on a bike.

honda vtr250. I was riding it semi regularly coz he asked me to, ie to keep the battery charged etc.

Unfortunately I just powered on too early out of a 90 degree right hander and the rear overtook me. The tires were cold which hadn't crossed my mind until I was sitting on the floor with a bike on top of me.

What do you even do when no wreckers in town have your required parts and it's not on ebay either?

>can't control a 250

I don't know, maybe go to a dealer, or bike bandit, or an oem parts site, or a bike/brand specific forum? Just how stupid are you?

A CT90 could do that

A ct90 could do a lot of things tho.
Like I did stuff with my ct110 I didn't think it could do.

>CT90
damn, i always wanted one of these postie bikes

Well yeah, ct90 is a godscoot

Can't we all just love Yamaha bikes regardless of displacement?
It's just preparation. I prepare to face the possibility that on uneven, loose, hard to travel terrain with no other people or cell service for multiple miles that I may potentially drop my bike. I've come to terms with the fact that if that happens, and I'm on loose footing or gravel, I'd rather pick up a lighter bike than a heavier one.

Not that it matters, most dual sports regardless of displacement are damn near within 50lbs of each other, from 250cc to 650cc. I'd rather have a shorter ride height on at 400cc if anything.

Incredibly stupid. I am a stupid user vietnamese hemp weaving forum poster that cannot ride a 250. It was honestly a dumb crash but aren't they all dumb crashes?

That said, I also never crashed a bike before so not really used to like, finding crash repair parts for bikes.

smol bikes a gud

Yes you could but no comfortably. There's a lot of steep spots too that'll need some more power than what an old 100 will do

They are.
I love my big bikes, but you can have some stupid fun on a small bike.
Wish I could bring my grandads old ct110 he bought back in the 70's up here. But I don't have time to work on it.

2nd

I wish I had all the time in the world so I could dual sport around on an XR100

Partzilla.

Best edition.

God I miss the desert.
Places to go ride a literally across the street.
Def retiring to AZ.

how come i never see blacks on motorcycles? seems to only be an asian and white thing

Because black people rarely leave the city/ are outdoors people. Of course there are exceptions to this such as n*injas and dirt bikes used as street wheelie machines

I know a ton of black dudes on bike, and not just busas.
But you won't see them here.
Well except for that one guy now.

My plan is Young or Payson AZ desu

Would have probably been CO somewhere but by that point it'll be CA tier ridiculous cost of living.

>I'd rather pick up a lighter bike than a heavier one.
But do you want to ride that tiny bike 350 miles in a day to get here. I was comfy all day on the pig.

It is already, I'm there now.
And I can't stand the drivers here.
If I recall you were a 25S right.

I haven't decided on a city yet, but I want it close to the CA border cause my familys there.

Come to LA.

>smol bikes a gud

I'm a big ol fucker so the 450 IS my smol bike

>Come to LA.
yeah, fuck. that.

All of the Cali facing stuff is legit desert though. I'm looking for high desert or desert adjacent forest. Aso some place with lots of public land because fuck Texas. Short list is all the western non-coastal states with emphasis on UT, NM and AZ

I was a 25S.

Isn't your pig an "adventure bike"? Of course you were comfortable, those monsters are built from the ground up to be comfortable for long distance trips.

The only thing that might provide more comfort at longer range is like a goldwing, and at that point you're almost so sold to the bike lifestyle you don't even drive/own a car anymore. If you do, it's a beater you drive in super shitty wind.

East WA has lots of hilly desert riding and Idaho has lots of forest riding. It's a good place to live

Dont invite more people to idaho. We have enough morons here.

I want legit desert tho.
And I need somewhere I can buy a huge plot of land. I'm gonna have junkyard.
I thought I remembered right. I still got 4yrs left as one. Loving the unit I'm in right now tho.

Idaho is the Alabama of the west so it's expected

Except that it's secretly the best state

The best part about winter in the desert is how hard we can run our little bikes up steep settings for extended periods of time without having to worry about overheating.
Now THAT'S an impressive picture. That's amazing to just be free to go any direction you want and ride, as long as you have the range for it you can just enjoy yourself with very little limitations.

The big problem with eastern WA is you have to deal with all the bullshit that trickles down from Seattle. Also Crackima and Spokane lmao. Western MT is a possibility.

Consider NM, lots of large lots for sale here and still a gorillion miles of public land to go ride on.

I'll give it a think.
One thing tho is I do want to smoke weed now and again, so idk.
Yeah I know, blah blah 420. I was never a stoner, I just enjoy it occasionally.

Never ridden a motorcycle I'd like to start with an enduro buts it's overwhelming how many options there are and don't know where to start. I'm a 5'5 manlet so I think a 250 of some sort is good. I'd like a good reliable one so would dealer be a good option in hopes it's been serviced instead of hoping the guy on Craigslist did any maintenance? How much will I he to invest for a decent example like 3k? What brand or model should I get?

Degenerate

Xt250

its all the same shit just buy the first bike on which your feet can reach the ground

Yeah, I know.
I drink too. Probably too much, considering weed is illegal for me now.