/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Gameplay 7/6: youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXsd
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

www46.atwiki.jp/mh4gta/pages/1.html
gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/72936200
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Hanako because I was gonna make a Hanako thread, but got beat.

Tell me how you really feel about Anjanath's design.

What's the multiplier on a Lion's Maw III in XX?

Remove the wings and it's fine.

Whats wrong with the wings?

Next thing Gaijin will say is that 14 weapons are too much, so not having a new weapon in World is fine.

14 weapons really are too much though.

Rajang best monster
4U best game
GS best weapon
Sailor Guildie best waifu

i just hope we don't get volcanic hollow again
or big monsters in tiny areas

No fuck you, I want the hunting hounds concept they scrapped in XX

And we desperately need a new gunner weapon

Not until a new gunner.

They can't even balance the weapons we already have.

With the current state of this general I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if this post was 100% serious.

Pretty sure it's the same (1.3), but sped up.

Zamtrios best monster
4U indeed best game
bugstick best weapon
meowstress best waifu

it`s another day without MHW IG Gameplay

Why do people get so hung up about balance in 4U when the top tier weapons cover every playstyle? It's not like FU where every single weapon had to play hit and run and some weapons were just better at that than others.

silver rathalos is a piece of fucking garbage

I like it
It's a very "normal" monster design you don't see much, but still has character

Its too much for Capcom, not too much for me. Personally I want that saber + falcon combo weapon

Okay so I heard they gutted CB in X/XX, but what about bugstick?

it's another day without MHXX for the west

Thank you.

Redhelm huntress is cute. Cute!

They fucked it up as well?

What am I supposed to use then?

It's another day without an autistic chao garden-tier kinsect raising minigame

>saber + falcon
No, in this new age of amazing modern game design, you'll get a dog that does all the fighting for you and you'll like it

Hope you like LS and HBG

It's another day where 4U is still being the best MH game.

I think it got a motion value nerf so it's mid tier now but it plays the same so if you like it for its moves you'll be fine.

They gutted it because CB was absurdly OP in 4U. If you actually knew what you were doing, CB was so much better than any other weapon by a wide margin.

they nerfed the retarded damage but its mostly the same

>whipping Toestras ass
>all of a sudden insta charges that it does nothing but spam on my prone body not allowing any time for recovery
>le hit too much so ur stunned punish xd

Every single monster in this game that is worth a shit is Gen 1. Everything else is full of this bullshit

Bugstick in XX is still pretty good. The selection of Kinsects is great and
brave IG is also a decent pick.

Striker Lance or Brave HBG. Everything else is bad.

CB was mid to high tier. GS and IG were the ones that were far better than everything else by a huge margin.

Except it got shit on by GS, IG and HBG? CB was perfectly fine in 4U, versatile and fun to play.

>CB was mid to high tier

Yeah in the hands of a shitter.

MH4U tiers were as follows:
God Tier: IG, GS, HBG
High Tier: CB, DB
Mid Tier: SnS, Bow
Low Tier: SA, LS, Hammer, HH, Lance, GL, LBG (solo)

Who cares which weapons was the most best, you guys are missing the real point

BUFFS
not NERFS

>le weapon tier list

use whatever you want if you dont suck ass

I don't like gunner weapons, and when was lance better than anything?

I thought LS hasn't been good since 2nd gen?

I was thinking then to use hammer instead

You should nerf before you buff, this isn't a PvP game, you have to consider weapon strength vs monsters as well as how strong they are relative to one another

This is a reptile

>literally half the weapons are in low tier
Why is this allowed?

This is a mammal

KB&M or XB1 controller for MHW?

>this isn't a PvP

Exactly. So as long as a weapon doesn't completely break the game or is unusable to the point of not being able to complete late game quests with it everything should be fine, since it's PvE and balance doesn't matter as much.

Nintoddlers on suicide watch

>been grinding with nips for like three days because it's better than the alternative, which is grinding shit monsters alone for six days
>finally get pissed at all the shitters and start soloing
>get everything I need from the first monster I hunt in the first hunt
thanks for the mercy, desire sensor.

At least you were right about two things.

I wish capcom adhered to this. A weapon is strong and fun to play while others lag behind? Better nerf the fun weapon to shit, rendering it unplayable, instead of buffing the weaker ones. CB in X/XX is the best example for this.

Striker lance rapes monsters with stupid huge charge MV and HAs that buff your atk even further. Brave LS gets a relatively stationary spirit combo with big boy damage, only has to manage 1 meter that is piss easy to build and gets a counter move with stupid huge MV that is available basically the whole fight.

Balance always fucking matters.

To be fair, the tierlist is skewed in favor of 140s. In regular G rank, LBG holds a lot of records with god's isle and some niche element setups. I'm sure other weapons more balanced in the same way.

Yes, they should just keep buffing things until you one-shot every monster. That will surely be balanced. I mean, the Reddit video said so!

No, but it's a good monster
No
No
No

>CB is unplayable in X/XX
Fuck off.

Dude, CB got better overall TAs than anything in your "god tier" except HBG. It just required a good player to be that good, unlike the braindead GS.

Solo CB was ahead of HBG. Online LBG and HH were mid to high tier. Solo SnS and hammer were tied, and online hammer could also benefit everyone with fatigue and KO (while status SnSes were pretty weak), so provided you were careful about FF it was probably better than SnS. And bow and to a lesser extent DB are kind of wildcards, they aren't universally good but they're comparable to IG and GS in the hunts where they are good (and bow is GL to HH tier in the quests where it sucks). Plus your "low tier" covers a broader range of times than all the other tiers combined iirc. SA, GL and HH kinda form an extra shit tier.

>pressing A after reloading your phials morphs it into axe mode swipe

What the heck, I've been playing for 100 hours and didn't know this, it's not in the weapon controls manual

Are there any other secret commands that I don't know about? Do other weapons have secret moves?

i like monster hunter :))

>buffs only apply to damage numbers
>buffs only apply to players
fuck off faggot

I like huntress sluts.

>CB getting faster times than IG and GS in 4U
lol

the best mammal

Why are CBfags the most insufferable weapon userbase

>implying CB was the #1 weapon
It was #3, just ahead of HBG, in TA, so you're pretty much the opposite of right- It was below everything in top tier BUT HBG. Bet you think LS is the most disruptive weapon too. Go back to your hole.

reptile or not, i'd fuck her, any place, any moment

I've been playing shitloads of Lance lately, completely forgot about the slashing attack and just redicovered that shitty move, does that count?

That's a little girl

Yeah, but she's like 400 years old. She's and elf AND a dragon so she's really hedging her bets on aging slowly.

You're really bad then, it's a vital move, it gives super-armor.

>elemental CB was fun as fuck in 4u
>never it's going to return

IG has an infinite combo that looks cool but nobody knows about it but me.

I know about it, but it's easy to fuck up and go into your regular combo, like too easy for me at least

this reminds me, you're probably also missing lance's other slash attack (hold back and press x during a charge sprint). Actually does the same damage as the thrust finisher, similar animation to the slash, also totally kills your momentum. Has a surprising number of applications, though the most important one is running away from a charging monster and then whipping around and slapping it the fuck down so you look cool.

Dirty, dumb hamsterposting CB scum.

I would smooch her belly

What support bias palico has the best possible support moves?
I haven't seen Rath of Meow in action in MH Gen yet, is it any good?

>tfw WifeBeater is the face of the MonHun community
Can one of you fucks make a Youtube channel and get popular or something. Anyone would be better than that baby-faced alcoholic.

There's already a better channel with better weapon tutorial videos. No reason to watch wife striker.

>the MonHun community
Stop being such a cringeposter.

>WifeBeater

Literally who?

What is this based on? Because it's sure as hell not based on time since solo CB had the fastest times in G rank than any of those other weapons.

>with better weapon tutorial videos
which? His are the only weapon tutorials I know of.

I fucking hate this general and I want you faggots to die

Some guy Nintendrones got mad at because he didn't shill their XX.

see and most of all

Me too.

Arekks

For which monsters does CB have faster times than IG and GS? Haven't checked 4G TA wiki in a long time, but I find this hard to believe.

So no argument except smug face and no source. Nice job literal retard.

It's based on 140s.

>solo CB had the fastest times in G rank
No it doesn't. It has a select few good matchups where it has the fastest time.

www46.atwiki.jp/mh4gta/pages/1.html
and for the lazy
gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/72936200

>gamefaqs

lmao

>cringeposter
Cringe.

>b-basic arithmetics aren't real if they're posted on gamefaqs!!
Sorry, but that's not how that works.

I love Tamamitsune and Lagiacrus!