How much money do you earn an average day and what do you do?

How much money do you earn an average day and what do you do?

$81 5 days a week. Retail. What else would you expect a Veeky Forumsfag to do? People who make significant amounts don't waste their time on Veeky Forums.

>People who make significant amounts don't waste their time on Veeky Forums.
I'm guessing it makes you feel better to believe this. After all, if no one here is making significant money, that means you can wallow in your misery unopposed, and at least no one can say they're doing better than you.

$860/day before taxes (this is on a day I actually work, I get 20 days of vacation + 9 holidays + my birthday off)

I'm a network engineer at Cisco and my total comp is about $200,000 per year

$1,900/day
Anesthesiologist

How did you learn/get all the qualifications for the job? Where can I start if I want to learn? I have an electrical engineering degree by the way.

I started learning how to program about 15 years ago and just learned as much as I could. I got a job at a startup company in San Francisco and met a lot of people who helped me out in my career. I got my current job through a referral. I don't have any certifications (just a two year degree in computer science), but I have a large corpus of applications I've built and deployed that I can point to. Evidence that you can do something is worth more than a piece of paper that says you have the ability to do something.

I would have made much more money and make much more money now if I had stayed in university, crammed algorithms, and joined a company like Google right out of college. Total comp for a fresh grad at Google is like $150,000 now, but a lot of that is stock you get over four years.

Recommend any books?

What sort of degree would you recommend one to get? I'm about to go back to school and want to learn to program and want to get the best qualifications I can.

what is a typical day for you? What projects are you working on as a network engineer?

I'm a painter. I can make anywhere from $50 to paint somebody's antique rocking chair to $5K to paint somebody's house. It all depends.

$350ish per day

Mortgage portfolio underwriting

It's gay and could pay better so I scrap metal and sell shit on CL/OfferUp/etc on the side for extra cash

>Cisco
>Crisco
Coincidence? I think not.

All paint firms are only looking for apprentices with 3y education.

Is there a job where they hire without experience whatsoever?

>Mortgage portfolio underwriting
>I scrap metal
So by day you wear a suit and tie, and by night you mix it up with meth heads and heroin addicts.

be happy with what you have

$43 6 days a week, chef.

$430 a workday per 12 hour shift, but counting bonuses, averages out to ~$480.

Avg $128 per day if you divide my bi-weekly check by 14 days. I also get a pension, 401k match, and bonuses.

Light industrial factory worker.

>$3K per week
>gambler
i didn't post a daily wage because i'm not a wagecuck and i also don't have a set amount per day. That is my weekly average though

Yes it's called starting your own.

I started painting in my teens. Grandparents owned a bunch of rental properties and my Uncle was a contractor and I always helped him out with stuff. Painting was my favorite thing to do.

Once I turned 18, I started doing small painting jobs by advertising in bulletin boards, newspapers, craigslist, etc. The work was very inconsistent but it was cash money.

I worked for my Uncle's contracting company until I was about 23, then bought a van and started my own business. Got my business license and paid like $600 to get paint and decals on my shitty van. My Uncle would sub contract me some gigs and I mainly grew by word of mouth. I did some marketing like sending letters with promotions to addresses (you can do this on USPS website). I tried Facebook marketing once with $1K budget but never saw any return.

I'm 26 and still running my business. I have a long term contract with a retirement community to do painting and basic renovations when tenants move out like swapping toilets, installing new appliances, carpet cleaning, floor refinishing, etc. It's my basic income. Any gigs I get outside of that is bonus money. I just finished a $5,000 project painting a big house inside and out. It was a fucking nightmare because I hired help but they never showed up. Try painting a 2 story McMansion by yourself in 3 days.

I can earn and lose $50k in a day EASILY. The most I've lost in a day was $250k, most I've gained was about the same amount.

I have around 1000 bitcoins. Don't work, don't do anything. Lol

So grateful that I heard about this shit when it was $50 each and I managed to buy a nice chunk of change of it..

nice
>inb4 wagecuck

$960/day ($120/hr)
Consulting Software Engineer/Architect

Take avg. weekly, divide by average days per week worked to get avg. daily estimation. Professional gamblers are usually good at analysis/critical thinking and math, so I don't believe you.

You can't make money trading cryptocurrency, it's impossible. Do the sensible thing and invest in index or mutual funds.

$199.5.

Work 50 hours a week running heavy equipment and shitposting.

Meh/10.

Comf here till i rich or dead.

$150~ pre-tax, 4 10s

Amazon warehouse slave but I'm at the top of the slaves so it's k
kind of want to buck for a promotion even though I know the managerial culture is toxic due to the up or out nature of the company

I figure if I can put up with and make it in a company described as one of the worst and most difficult then I'll have it easy anywhere I go afterwards.

Anyone have any experience in marketing?
Considering a BBA in marketing and not sure of the job opportunities or how the typical salary looks 10 years down the road.

My neighbor does pretty much exclusively painting, no business license, no tax or anything. When you start out you'll have to look for the kind of people who would hire him - mexicans with a little bit of change in their pocket trying to flip houses on the cheap. They won't give a fuck as long as it looks okay.

Remember that most people who do this work who you might end up working with only work painting so they can get high on the job tho.

3€/h

Construction worker.

just

So fast food cashiers in Washington State get paid more than you?

every one in mericas make more.

like $100 lmao

working part time as a data entry clerk at a wholesale mortgage lender while I'm in school

Right now I'm working on implementing VLAN/VXLAN functionality in a new product we're building. Typical day is reviewing other people's code (via Github pull request), helping out other people on the team as necessary (I monitor Slack conversations to see if I can jump in to assist with things), and when I have time writing my own code. I produce fewer lines of code than the junior engineers who report to me.

For what, specifically?

If you want to be a programmer, a degree in computer science would give you the best foundation. Many great programmers also come from either mathematics or physics backgrounds, too. Programming is more about solving problems with the available tools and making acceptable trade-offs than anything else.

I suggest just picking one language (personally, I would suggest Ruby... check out tryruby.org) and learn it to the point where you can write small, useful programs in it. Ignore all the people and morons on /g/ who are about which language is better than others. Pick one and get good at, then start learning another, preferably a very different one.

argue about*

I have programmed for about 2 years. I am at the part where I can do small and intermediate projects. What do you recommend to get to the next level to program advanced and fun applications?

Yeah, I think geography is relevant here.

network engineer giving software development advice
confirmed

you wouldn't fly in the real world bro.. enjoy your high COL and shitty relative salary

Damn, nicely done user.

Could you be a bro and send me a few coins? Just a couple would help enormously, I'm in a bit of a tight spot right now, here's my wallet address

1Lr7vbuu66XLb6TdaZqJN5pPcXvNQ1ooFS

you really can't be that stupid

$80-90 4 days a week pumping gas for yups

Oh so you live in one of those shitholes that still have "we cant have women pumping thier own gas" laws. Smh desu senpai, when I pass through your states and have to pay extra for gas just for some guy to do an inane task

I'm guessing NJ. I live a few states away, went through there, got yelled at for trying to pump my own gas. Took away dem jerbs!

$960. I make about $250k as a software engineer at Google.

Just curious, what do you pay a month for housing? Rent/own?

$2000/mo to rent (and it's a really shitty apartment). It sucks, but at least I save six figures a year in my retirement portfolio. I'll be retired in another state with a home bought in cash within the next 10 years.

Wine cellar master and steward. I get to work concerts and stuff too. It's kind of a fun temporary job.

>About $75,000 including tips

what programming books do you recommend?

How shitty? My brother lives in Boston and pays $2.8k/mo for

CLRS algorithms text book

dude fuck programming books, just do it.

Here's the biggest secret to a software developer: Learn how any company makes money off of you, and figure out how to make the best of it. IT is currently(and may be for a while) a cost center. They are cost reduction. Figure out how to save a company money using your skills, do it, and you're a hero. It's really that simple. Doesn't even matter if you're in IT.

It's poverty tier. It's dirty and my neighbors are on welfare. Basically, it's the worst place I've ever seen in my entire life, including the apartment my uncle could afford in the 90s on a stock boy wage.

In Mountain View, rent basically starts at $2000/mo because of the prevalence of six figure salaries.

thanks for recommendation will look into it

this is easier said than done and it more of being able to follow through with an execution plan that works

Sure. CLRS is enough to pass any Silicon Valley interview. If you can recognize a problem, know which technique to apply, and write code with a pen and paper that would compile to implement an algorithm to solve the problem, that's all you need.

Focus on trees, graphs, hash tables, dynamic programming, and analyzing the complexity of algorithms. CLRS will eventually get into more advanced stuff that you don't even need, so if you can master that book plus any one language to actually solve its practice problems in then you should be all set.

It's hard to give generic advice... I guess just keep tackling larger and larger projects? Maybe find some interesting open source projects and contribute to them and learn from the developers who are more experienced than you.

I've been programming for 15 years and only learned networking stuff in the last 5, so I think I'm qualified to give advice.

You are right that COL is high here. I pay about $2250/month for a 850 sq ft apartment with a garage, and I spend about $3,000/month on all my expenses combined.

As I said in , I could've been making the money that is making. He's probably also younger than me. I am two years away from retiring, though, so I can't really complain. Silicon Valley has been good to me.

what do you think of Java as a programming language?

>15k/day 4 hour days
>wendys

Same but I work 6

Seriously, wat? This is all you can do if you want to survive past the meme IT businesses. What is so hard about getting the "coding" part down while understanding your place in a business?

We just hired an idiot like this. All about software discipline. No business savvy at all. They've lost their way before they even started.

I think Java is a pretty cool guy. He's object-oriented and doesn't afraid of anything.

Where are you from? Some Eastern Europe country ?

Honestly, if you've spent 15 years as a software engineer and have since resorted to network engineering, you've done fucked up somewhere. Considering that you're paying 75% of your expenses towards rent($2250 vs $3000 combined), you've also fucked up somewhere. I don't care how close to retirement you are, you are not someone to be listened to. You sound worst off than most of the kids I have to deal with these days.

lets hear about your business savvy

Did you have a question or just want to say something?

>part-time retail wage-slave
so on average i guess thats 60/day when i actually work

its also slowly killing me, and I just found out I have to wait another before I can submit my appilication to pharmacy school.
contemplating just fucking doing something else but I am utterly lost as to what

what is a person's place in a business like you stated

IT. IT provides no immediate profit. IT is completely cost aversion. This means that if a piece of software can be written in an hour that can automate a task that tasks a week that someone would take 4 weeks to do, you are saving them money. Nobody looks at IT as a revenue center. It's always cost aversion. IT almost never creates revenue, it always reduces expenses. If you can do something that saves a company $1 million a year, they would definitely not have a problem paying you $100k of that. That's the bottom line. There are many different approaches to doing that. Some business owners would care about you using common technologies, if you're a bigger company, some may not. The bottom line to being valuable doesn't change. Find a way to save a company money and they would be stupid to not deal with you. If they don't pay you anywhere close to what you're profiting them, move on. Got it? There's no magical pill. Get into the manager/owner's brain, make them money, and you really can't go wrong in anything you do.

>IT provides no immediate profit
wot

that's like saying sales provides no immediate profit because you have to wait to actually put the money in the bank so it's not immediate.
^this is no more dumb than what you suggested. think about that.

$200 per day in the last few days literally doing nothing but watching my ETH wallet grow and grow in value.

not sure what businesses you're involved in.. sales has a quick turnaround.. it's a repeatable process that almost any idiot can do.. usually IT does not have that luxury.. business may have some "idea" of what may make them more profitable and need IT as a crutch for it, it's usually a big risk.. it sounds like you're comparing a software platform to a car salesman, not even close, man... if you have a product that can be easily sold, salesmen are by the dozen.. IT creates "products" on a company hunch that may or may not make it, but the idea is that the business pays for it.. win or lose.. that's the differenct

$200/day 4 days a week, barber

what degree did you get from uni/college?

20$/day ..sell fast food , is hard to be a student in roumania

Around 220 a day before taxes. Work as correctional officer. Also work a lot of OT so my roughly 55k a year base gets up to almost 80k. LE is fun for me though and I live comfortably and within my means so the money isn't that big of a deal.

I wanna leave early though. Age 26 now wanna get out around 45-50. Was thinking about teaching or doing something in finance. Any suggestions for something to do/learn to do that would pay 30-40k a year and is fun to do after retirement? Preferably something along the lines of my own LLC or business?

$150/day
2 days a week (student)
7 days a week (if on break)

Voice actor

What do you gamble on?

$50 a day, twice a week. In uni and live at home so it's comfy

But how do you sell Bitcoins and turn them back into US dollars?

Tile guy.

I typically make about $500 a day of labor. Some days I'll make $300, some days $700.

Best I ever did was a 2 day job where I made $2,500.

Mostly I'm pretty happy except for going to college, I wish I had not wasted all that time, and had just started working some kind of trade at 18. I would be way ahead now. The thing is your skills grow, and your trust level in the community grows, so you can transition to full contractor, etc... And make about $100k a year without having to actually get your hands dirty.

But that's life in the big city.

After tax -
370 per working day.
243 averaged over all days of a year.

Software development with a security focus.

How do you get gigs?

>I'm a network engineer at Cisco
Hi whats the easiest way to manipulate EIGRP metrics to have a router prefer one path over the other? Change bandwidth/delay?

Also why is your licensing system so confusing?

$450 5 days a week.

I work in a hospital.

~£95 a day, newly graduated software dev in London

This is pretty close to my situation, change pharmacy into business and we are the same. Though this year will be my main shot, if I don't get into uni this year I might as well give up and go to college.

haha, ya i was kind of out of it when i wrote that. im a bit disappointed that you don't believe me, though. I was really hoping to get praise from anonymous strangers on the internet.

i bet on sports. i dont have the patience for blackjack or poker, but those are probably easier to be consistently profitable with.

$0.34 / day. Just opened a tfsa

t. Alberto Barbosa

9/hr roughly 32hrs a week. It varies
Kennel technician

But im looking into finding a new job because this clinic is a huge lie along with the job they offered. Just something in the mean time just to pay bills and untill i start school

I started by doing shitty fan fic for free on audible's free exchange
Now authors reach out to me.
I'm literally offered more work than I can do.

$200 a day, i run an online business, i am 19 btw

Similar to this guy
Most of my income is taxes and rent and retirement plans though
Net dollars at home more like $90k

An average day i wake up very early, eat some stims, read financial news, go to work, study, write code, have endless meetings, go home, cook dinner, play league of legends, shitpost

$132 5 days a week. I work full time for geek squad in a bestbuy. I basically talk to dumbfucks all day who break or fuck up their computers or to people that are too stupid to figure out how to use the stuff they bought. I then charge them ludicrous amounts of money to fix their stuff. Also attending college for computer science.

I switched into networking because I found it interesting. Most people have rent as their #1 expense, and there's no non-ghetto apartments for under 2k anywhere in Silicon Valley or the peninsula. Like the Google guy, I contribute six figures to my retirement fund annually and I have almost a million dollars in the bank, but okay, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I haven't worked with EIGRP or any Cisco proprietary protocols or stuff like ACI. I could get free training on it, but I have no interest because I'm so close to retirement. I've been at Cisco for less than a year and I work on a specialized non-hardware team. No idea about licensing, I don't deal with that at all. Per our latest earnings call, we are moving more towards subscription-based software than hardware sales, so we'll see how that plays out.

you sound old. do you miss your youth that your retirement fund cannot buy back

$35 a day
Piece rework for samsung (pieces of washing machines, motors, and dryers)

what type of business?