/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Same OP Edition

Previous thread This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/
>DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
>WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/
>Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Graze Counter
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899022724
>Ketsui M2 port
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7l05t0pdcU
steamcommunity.com/app/404540/discussions/0/1369506834137696853/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want us to stop dying.

What happened to the last one? 30 minutes is a short amount of time for a thread to fall off for any board that isn't /v/ or /b/.

There was like 20 of these made all at once

Wild Guns Reloaded is fucking hard, even on easy. I don't remember the SNES game being this crazy. I'm liking it so far though.

did anyone tried nex machine?

When is the new poohou set to release?

We must've cleared the first loop with that 500+ post thread earlier in the week. Now we're in for unavoidably fast bullets killing our threads.

>implying these threads are psikyoshit

You come up with a better analogy then that's vaguely on topic.

Depends. LoLK was released 7 months after the game.

We'll probably either see it at or at least hear something about it at Summer Comiket. So....August?

FAKE

youtube.com/watch?v=r7l05t0pdcU

I tried to, but it doesn't start up on my computer even though it meets the requirements. A damn shame, was really looking forward to playing it after finding out that Eugene Jarvis is helping out.

steamcommunity.com/app/404540/discussions/0/1369506834137696853/

Too late now, already got a refund. Gonna try the patched version next time it goes on sale.

Bahmpu~

i shouldn't need to ask, but everyone here will be buying cuphead, right? once again microsoft is going to save this genre through their heavy promotion of the instant unforgettable classic cuphead and usher in a new age of AAA shmups.

>Cuphead is expected to be extended via expansion packs[3] with 10 to 15 bosses each

I'll wait for more gameplay footage before I decide. Currently indifferent towards it.

Last bahmpu before bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/

you pathetic fucks are about to let this thread die again
dumb cunts

i keep getting banned

>but everyone here will be buying cuphead, right?
nah i have no reason to buy games ever again as enough exists on mame to be mastering, if psyvariar ever comes to steam that's the only thing i'll buy.

Umbumped thread half-life on Veeky Forums's about 35 minutes right now yeah?

did shooting game died?

The artstyle is nicely done but since its a modern game I have no reason to believe that it'll be very good, let alone interesting.

Been meaning to ask. What is /shmupg/'s opinion of Senko no Ronde? Too fightan for this thread?

shit

I heard good things about SnR1, and SnR2 is coming to Steam. So I'm interested! Mechs are cool!

LIVE!

stop forcing it and let things run naturally, when people have something to say threads will pop up until let it roll.

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
k

Is there Ketsui Japanese version? Or any way to turn of the voice, the Engrish kills my mood

engrish a best

Yup, it's badass. I'm really super shitty at it though because I never play twin sticks (since they're usually shit). The combo system is fun as hell.

Casper bumping Windia!

Bahmpu~

Bump!

test

I constantly get banned here. Really funny how you are not allowed to talk about current happenings here, but spamming the thread with bumps and animu pics is allowed.

Let's talk about how you play shooters when you have dysthymia.

Honest question without the memeing:
1) Power up items for main shot only
2) Power up items to gain options only
3) Both
4) Neither let me start at full power

Both. I like collecting shiny things. As long as it's not like Sine Mora where everything goes flying when you get hit, that sucks. Or like Gradius which just makes me Alt+F4 when I lose a life.

Power ups have always been retarded. Only form of power-ups which is ok, is like in Ikaruga where the power-ups are actually immersive and fit to the world. It's ok to power-up a weapon with stuff destroyed enemies leave behind, like bullets, or the bubbles in Darius. But just items with "power up" written on it, floating around the screen. are retarded.

Shmups are not immersive.

No video game is 100% immersive, but you still can try to make it as immersive as the genre allows.

both and restart from a checkpoint when you die, but give player lots of extends.

Bahmpu~

>not enjoying APPROACH YOUR TARGET AND ATTACK! YOUR MISSION STARTS NOW! ARE YOU READY?
Are you gay or something?

I'm more of a fan of WARNING A HUGE BATTLESHIP [name] IS APPROACHING FAST

To be fair, FUCK politics

Well, you don't do it a lot...

To be fair fuck ignoramus cunts like you who stifle discussion and encourage an environment of ignorance.

>I constantly get banned here.
same, it's run but utter mouth breathers. I should probably make a discord for the more politically aware/interested players to reside in.

>I should probably make a discord for the more politically aware/interested players to reside in.
and call it ceerclejerk?

There is an entire /pol/ where you can be an armchair expert all day and won't get banned for it (probably).

Why not go to /pol/ and talk to people that give a shit? Why talk to shmup players about politics?

What's the point? It'll always be a silly game about toy ships. Better to focus on what actually works well mechanically without worrying about the immersion meme.

This, I care about politics but I don't care to discuss it on a videogame board in a thread dedicated to shooting games.

i doubt that anyone completely ignores discussing politics online, the perfidious wanker just wants to spread his beliefs on everyone he can.

What shmerp has the best announcer? I like the qts in blue revolver, actually I have no idea why they bothered putting male announcers in the game because there's no way anyone uses them.

Dangun Feveron and Donpachi. CAVE announcers really went downhill

>What shmerp has the best announcer?
dudepucci
>I like the qts in blue revolver
shit

International politics are a complete shitfest and everybody's retarded on every side, because everyone's a fucking extremist nowadays because that's the only way most people know how to think and behave.
Political discussion as it usually happens on the internet is not just irrelevant, it's retarded. These threads don't benefit from that stupid shit.

I wish I owned this.

>What's the point?
Same to make any game immersive. It's to make the world more believable. What's the point in creating a backstory for your game? It's to make the world more immersive. As long as it doesn't harm the gameplay, that's always good. And power-ups actually make gameplay often worse (look raiden series for example).

I got banned here simply for talking about current things happening in the world. It wasn't even an argument, nor was it an "extremist view". It was just a discussion between players about what is going on in the world.

>I got banned here simply for talking about current things happening in the world.
If only the rest of Veeky Forums was held to this standard it'd be a better place

>I got banned here simply for talking about current things happening in the world. It wasn't even an argument, nor was it an "extremist view". It was just a discussion between players about what is going on in the world.
Well, fair enough! If it's proper and constructive discussion, I don't think it's bad for the thread. But when it gets retarded or echo-chambery like we're on fucking reddit or something then fug dat.

Says who? you? it's not my fault if you're a dumb fucking bitch that knows nothing about history or politics and perceives everything as extremist because you're a little pathetic snowflake cunt that wants to live on a penis shaped rainbow.

>armchair expert
Armchair experts don't spend time in actual archives assessing materials and evidence. I prefer hobbyist historian.

Because it's a community? comprised of people? and shmups is a boring fucking topic + a couple of us often end up in discussion but you cunts feel all left out because you know nothing about anything so go on the defensive and try to kick it out "b-b-b-ut can't we talk about our silly waifu pix?" fuck off loser.

If you're talking about me then you're dead wrong but i guess you're used to that, i'm tyhe only cunt here who creates and encourages real discussions where everyone is represented and echo chambers are dismissed so eat a dick.

>I got banned here simply for talking about current things happening in the world. It wasn't even an argument, nor was it an "extremist view". It was just a discussion between players about what is going on in the world.
To these disgusting cunts that is extremist, just like i got banned for posting an actual newspaper cover from 1933 because i actually formulate opinion based on assessment and evidence.

oh but it's ok to have the echo chamber waifu bullshit though? double standards cunt. I hate you all desu, shmups community is a collection of absolute fuck ups of the highest order.

>WAAAAAH I dindu nuffin

It's bad for the thread because it encourages off topic discussion which we already have a lot of. Unless your only concern is keeping these threads alive but then at that point it's clear that they shouldn't keep getting made because discussion has long dried up.

>dumb fucking bitch that knows nothing about history or politics and perceives everything as extremist because you're a little pathetic snowflake cunt that wants to live on a penis shaped rainbow.
Edgy and reactionary as fuck and based on nothing at all. Sort of a common theme innit?

>oh but it's ok to have the echo chamber waifu bullshit though?
At least it's related to shmups. lmao

Well, you can't always be on-topic. Few generals are, I think. It's hard to gauge how much is fine, or if it's fine at all. I don't know.

Yes you've already proved my point you perceive everything as edge because as stated you're a weak little snowflake cunt and a pussy to boot, i'd have a good time stopping you breathing desu.

>At least it's related to shmups. lmao
ok then enjoy your dead threads and your low i.q cunt group i'm out, absolute bunch of fucking losers.

>it's clear that they shouldn't keep getting made because discussion has long dried up.
Something i pointed out earlier.

Implying that isn't you when it comes to practice.

>4) Neither let me start at full power

I'm from Stockholm, Sweden. What shmup can I play to help me not think of the immigrants raping and pillaging the lands?

>I got banned here simply for talking about current things happening in the world.
So you got banned for off offtopic shit posting? Good. There is an entire board for talking about those things.

This.

>i got banned for posting an actual newspaper cover from 1933
So you got banned for offtopic shitposting? Good.

>oh but it's ok to have the echo chamber waifu bullshit though?
Like it or not, Windia and Patchouli are related to shmups.

Why is everyone you don't agree with a snowflake? Kek. That usually means someone's (especially when it's a leftie tumblr-kid or something) desperately trying to be unique. Who the fuck fits that role in these threads?

If anything you are the snowflake since you always take offence at everything and react with tirades and idle threats over nothing.

Well what kind of game is it? I like options a lot, but if it's like Mushi then it's hard to care.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. But by all means feel free to drop back in and complain whenever your insecurities claw their way back into your idle thoughts and you need someone to look down on to feel validated again.

That list is hardly comprehensive. How would you classify Gradius's system for example? The same items works towards an upgrade of either at the player's discretion.

Asteroids

I would probably group them as 'both' simply because the core question is really "do you mind power ups and if so do you want them limited to main shot, options or not limited at all"

Probably close to Mushi style if power ups are implemented. If they are its really a decision of should it be just main shot, options or both

In that case I would say main shot only with a caveat. I don't mind options when they bring something novel mechanically to the table and aren't just a firepower upgrade that originates from the side of your ship.

It depends on your goal. If the goal is for the power ups to be strategically important ie Gradius options and shot types, then seperating them is a good idea. If the damage boost is minimal and they're mostly an illusion like in most CAVE games then there's no need to complicate the process. If there's no reason to not pick up a power up in your game, then they're most likely the latter.

>Because it's a community? comprised of people?
This. Shmups is what binds us all together, but this shouldn't mean we are not allowed to talk about other things too. On the farm for example there also is an off-topic sub-forum. That's pretty much standart for communities.

Whew. Board's fast today. Only took 20 minutes to get down here

>cee got btfo and left shmupg in a rage
LMAO
need to change your shmup farm sig now, try promoting /pol/ instead

I'm about to turn 30. What's a good dad game to start learning?

star force

Garegga or anything YGW

Contra NES 1cc. Give another 30 year old inspiration to do it.

>too lazy for a game that only takes a few hours to 1cc
/shmupg/ pls

Contra is fun.

play (stream) super cyborg already reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's SHIT!!

Nice try Artur.