What do you guys thinks about 3g eclipses?

What do you guys thinks about 3g eclipses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OH0zWrDi6GA
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/1995-eagle-talon-tsi-awd/6365055222.html
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-eagle-talon-tsi-awd/6394612643.html
kokomo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-eagle-talon-turbo/6375851079.html
lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/90-eclipse-gsx/6390196116.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cute or nah

this is where it's at mang

It's a car for poor people

first gen was best, everything was downhill from there.

ricey and slow

This

Looks really nice but it utterly wasted by it being heavy, slow,fwd and a mitsubishi.

Now driven by coloreds and poor ricers since the are worthless, and end up horrifically neglected.

Ok guys, thanks for shattering my dreams of having a cute 3g eclipe.

I mean I'm sure you could maybe find a clean, nonmolested one if you have time and patience. But personally I wouldn't hold my breath

worst dream ever. good god
1G>any other

What other car should I go for if I always liked how the 3g eclipse looks.

if it's looks you're after then just get a 3g eclipse man fuck it

unless you're hitting track days left and right... looks, comfort, and making quick on-ramp pulls are all that matters

I see, thanks for the words homie.

get a DSM fag

Never give up on your dreams
It used to be my favorite car and I love the way it looks.
If people are saying that it's owned by trashy people then they probably forget about civics.
you can make it a beautiful car if you do it.
I want a Lexus sc300 and I'll work until I can save up for one.

They alright. If you can't find an Eclipse that's not riced to shit, a Chrysler Sebring or Dodge Stratus coupe (not sedan or convertible) is basically the same thing.

I love mine and its treated me well. I actually had the timing belt break on mine while driving, and although it's an interference engine, all I ended up having to do was replace the belt. The biggest problem I'd say is how much they like to rust.

fish car

Those are ugly as fuck

trash. just get a civic for 3k.

Yeah, I know.

The sc300 looks cute as fuck

I dont like how the civic looks though

beggars can't be choosers.

The car looks damn good, the thing is a work of art.
It's got softened suspension compared to the older ones, so the ride is comfortable, making it good for every day driving.
You get a few things depending on the trim, leather, CD player, etcetera.
Get the V6, and you've got yourself fast highway pulls.
This car is everything you need in a cheap daily driver, and it looks great.
If you later decide you want more performance, there's nothing stopping you from improving handling and or power, the aftermarket is not bad.

However, the 4g has it's own kind of aesthetic, a little more futuristic looking, and they kick out a little more power.

You take that back!
Lower it, and it looks pretty cool.
Get yourself a 90s model, and it looks pretty cute.

Chu mran?

I feel like you're being sarcastic

Hatchbacks are the best by far in my opinion. But unfortunately I'm in the rust belt, so clean ones are both rare and expensive.

The 4g is the worst it looks in my opinion maybe Im retarded.

03 Eclipse GT 5spd was my first car. Had it for 6 years until I left it out and it flooded overnight. It was extremely reliable, but all the little electric crap inside didnt work. Super fun and lightweight cars. Smoked many civics and trucks in it. The 2g is legendary for its awd twin turbo monster of an engine but the car is an unreliable piece of shit.

DANGER TO MANIFOLD!

>3050lb
>heavy
Please. It has 200hp as well. GTI and SI of the era, please step aside.

I've always really wanted one since I might actually be able to afford one as a poorfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=OH0zWrDi6GA

this guy knows

I want one but they're impossible to find near me

Where are you at?

Midwest USA

I know it's a 2g but here's a pretty clean example for 3k
>chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/1995-eagle-talon-tsi-awd/6365055222.html

here's a 1g in milwaukee for 2500 might be a bit of a drive depending on where in the midwest you are
>milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-eagle-talon-tsi-awd/6394612643.html

4G eclipse owner here

I love the look of the 3G, I don't care what anyone says. However, it's slow as tits and not much can make it faster sans a complete engine swap. It'd be good for a cheap ricer daily but nothing more. Transverse V6s are a bitch to work on, though.

Yea, those are like 6-8 hour drives for me which is pretty much impossible with me still being in high school.

I look through cl a lot and I've seen a couple over the last few months but they were either totaled or asking ridiculous ass prices

here's a pretty clean model near indianapolis if that's any closer
>kokomo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-eagle-talon-turbo/6375851079.html

yeah they aren't getting any cheaper but atleast they'll never have a drift tax

I appreciate the help man but that's way out from me still. I'm in ne and if I wanted to get one It'd have to be like an hour drive if I wanted to convince my parents to let me

here's a fairly cheap 1g project car near lexington kentucky body looks fairly straight
>lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/90-eclipse-gsx/6390196116.html

try talking to people in your local car scene, people form your school who are into cars, etc I remember a guy I knew back in hs who got a built but disassembled 1g talon for 500 dollars because the owner left his wife

Thanks for the advice man, I'll ask around and see if anyone knows about one

Which is better, the 3G or 4G?

I was actually looking into both but I dunno.

I'm not really in it for the speed, I just wanted one as a kid.

looks like a supra knockoff

Both are about the same for reliability. 4g v6 with stick are hard to find though. Go for it, eclipse is a great cheap car

>can't make it faster
Have you tried a turbo?
A turbo will make it faster.
You can also get a carbon fiber hood for a better power to weight ratio all while making your weight distribution more even.

This

They remind me of Pontiacs for some reason

The 3g/4g gt speeds are nearly the same because the 4g is so fat. If you want to make godlike power, get the 4cyl and turbo it because that engine is legendary.

There is simply no room to fit a turbo in the GT, the engine bay is far too crammed. The few people who have done it ran rear-mounted turbo set-ups. Look up Road Race Engineering's eclipse.

I think you're mistaken- the 4G GS uses the 4G69 engine block, not the 4G63 that's found in the Evo line-up. The 69 is an economy engine and nothing more. People do turbo the 4G GS, and they only start to become as fast as a stock GT. Sure they weight a bit less, but the whole frame is pigfat, so it doesn't matter all too much. For this reason, there aren't a lot of turbo'd GSs, because its cheaper to just upgrade to a bolt-on GT. Regardless, the 4G GT was the fastest production eclipse to roll out of the factory... It's handling is another story all together, however.

Does anyone have a screencap of that one thread where some /v/irgin shows up on this board to request an identification of a car that he saw in a grocery store parking lot that he describes as "very exotic and expensive looking" with "scrapes on the sides" and everyone thinks that he is describing something like a Ferrari Testarossa or some shit like that, because he keeps describing it as really expensive, and whenever someone posts something that matches the description, he keeps claiming that the car that he saw was "more exotic and expensive looking" and then someone posts a third gen eclipse spyder and then it turns up that was the car he saw? He ends up asking how much they cost and if it is fast. I don't remember the exact ending, but I believe that people either laughed at him, or they told him that it was a shitbox that is pretty cheap, and he doesn't believe them.

It's a classic pic, and I would appreciate if someone would post it because somehow I don't have it saved. Thanks in advance.

Pic unrelated.