pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k95b29ip4HU
youtube.com/watch?v=nn8VM9c6RcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this game fucking sucks

Reminder to not get carried away over silly internet arguments or you might end up saying shit like
>Soul of the Rotten, who writhes deep within the Gutter.
>The Rotten embraces all, in the sanctuary for all things unwanted or tossed away.
>Use the special soul of the Rotten to acquire numerous souls, or to create something of great worth.
Is a reference to Dark Souls 1

doggos

the MLGS in dks3 may not be the bloodborne version but it's still really fun.

This.
>game stutters when I invade for no reason
>everyone in the 4 player group destroys me as I run in place on their screen.

Was Dark Souls 2 that bad?

x for autistic thread maker guy

Yes.

It's not that bad, but it's not as good as the people who now suck its dick claim it to be

Lorewise it was okay aside from how poorly-implemented some of the DS1 references were.

I hated the gameplay though.

Horrible disconnected world design, little to no actual pvp because there's no red eye orb and cracked orbs were a pain in the ass to farm, uninteresting bosses, and soul memory. It was still a great game though.

If you see it as game among thousands of games it is in the upper middle, but if you regard it as a Souls game it's pretty bad.

>from how poorly-implemented some of the DS1 references were.

This meme again?

Not as bad as haters portray it, but not good either and it definetly doesnt deserve the praise I read in the thread sometimes which comes from the same braindead retard who claims it's better than 1 or Bloodborne

>HEY GUYS REMEMBER ORNSTEIN?
>NOW YOU GET TO FIGHT HIM AGAIN!
>EXCEPT HE'S SHIT AND DARK FOR SOME REASON INSTEAD OF LIGHTNING
>JUST DON'T ASK WHY HE'S HERE

Being better than 1 isn't a massive challenge considering that's the shortest game and only around a third of it is somewhat enjoyable or actually designed as a videogame

Pretty sure DeS is shorter

What are the most aesthetic weapons?

what really bothered me is, how dirty 2 looked while BB almost looks like 3

>literally one person likes ds2
ok buddy

>while BB almost looks like 3
Sure you don't have that backward?

sotfs looks pretty crisp/clean imo. 3 reused a load of BB assets.

>get the gwyn sword
>it's kinda shit compared to other greatswords
>can't even buff it with sunlight or moonlight blades

anyone have any podcasts they like to listen to they'd like to recommend? im runnin out of all the ones i listen to.
yes. fuck the 3 sentinals. they're the reason i quit dark souls 2.

Yeah, it's really disappointing. It's a shame because it's a really nice looking sword.

best straight swords to put buffs on with high faith?

RIPcast

Silver knight

Sunlight.

Onyx Blade, Creightons Axe, Crow Quills, Millwood Weapons, Ringed Knight SS, Irythill Rapier and SS, Ricards Rapier, Pontiff Knight Curved S., Carthus (Great) Curved S., Greatsword of Judgement and Profaned, Black Knights GS and Glaive, Aquamarine Dagger, Maidens Dagger, Dancers Sword, Greatmace, Demons Scar, Corvian GK, Astora UGS, Lothric SS and UGS, Gotthards, Lothrics Holy Sword, Hollowslayer, Wolnirs, Mornes Hammer, Executioners GS, Wolfknights GS, Moonlight GS and Crescent Sword, Follower Sabre, Storm Curved Sword, Exile CGS, Darkdrift, Bloodlust, Frayed Blade, Black Blade, Crystal Sage Rapier, Winged Knight Twinaxes, Black Knight GA, Demons Fist, Crow Talons, Saint Bident, Dragonslayer Swordspear, Gargoyle Spear, Artors Spear, Greatlance, Drang Twinspear, Lucerne, Pontiff Knight and Friedens Sythe, Witch Locks, Pharis/Short/Composite/Darkmoon/White Bitch Bow, Knights and Heavy Crossbow, White Tree Branch, Medicants Staff, Crystal Staff, Izalith Staff, Man Grub Staff, Archdeacons Greatstaff, Parting Flame, Yorhskas Chime, White Hair/Sunless/Saints Talisman and Saint tree Bellvine

How come hosts never wonder why the fuck is a wolf randomly walking around? niggas can't catch a clue

No.

Soul memory was a mistake, adaptability was """ok""", just very odd. Weapon moveset variety was shallow, but powerstancing was 10/10.
Pyro being an optional scale was also nice, but SM fucked low level co-op and pvp. It's crystal clear they wanted to avoid twinks, and if DaS2 had the weapon reinforcement matchmaking like DaS3 instead of SM (and some other quality of life things like a proper red eye orb)

It also supported my favorite loadout of RH staff/chime+melee and LH rapier (poke/parry). More fluid than ds1 and completely unsupported in 3

Yes, you.

I'll ask again my good compeers. When does From scan our save data? I heard it's Tuesday but my memory has been failing a lot recently.

But I'm not him

>The Alva Set was worn by Alva the Wayfarer, as the name suggests
>Also worn by some happy chap named Bradley who spends his time throwing around miracles
Did Bradley just find it and decide to wear it, or was it a standard-issue armor set that was popularized by Alva's journeys?

>crisp/clean
sure we played the same game?
the way enemies look and how some parts of the graphics are just .jpegs was pretty bad imo
somebody post the pillars from 2 that were just photos of furniture

Bradley like most people figured that Alvas looks really fucking good and decided to wear it

I always knew Bradley was a smart man.
Even if he fell into the water while doing the Duel Bow one time I summoned him. I don't have the footage on me, I really need to post it.

Different user and I agree with DS2 looking worse, but being able to straight up see what is in a texture is explicitly what clean means.

Was it autism?

Why are clubs and battle axes so horrid?

Do paired weapons get the 2H STR bonus?

No.

It wasn't good but it was unique and ambitious.

DS3 was neither, and that's why people like DS2 more now.

Anybody got those sweet PARTAKE memes?

ok so i sent grierat to irithyll. patches isnt going anywhere. do i need to reload firelink shrine to talk tell patches to save him?

Witcher is a pretty meh franchise combat wise

Is he a Knight Slayer named "Tsorig"
or is he a Knight named "Slayer Tsorig"?

The former, given the Knight Slayer's Ring

>Ciri
>not using a straight sword
>Parrying Dagger

meh

not this
>Dragonslayer clone looks like ass
fuck you Miyazaki
>Can't even set it on fire
Ridiculous, shit like that is why WA were a good addition

WA's are good, but pretty useless in PvE. You gonna get fucked by any boss if you try fancy stuff. But in PvP they are good, some even OP.

Not all of them are too bad in PvE. I remember beating Abyss Watchers for the first time with a well-timed Longsword Stance R2.

what's the usual duel pvp cap? 120-125

Not gonna lie and say every WA is good on PVE but they have their uses. Like stomp or stance into finishing or staggering bosses before getting you get killed. You just have to get creative.

That's it yeah.

unironically better than 3.

the quality of the souls games goes hand in hand with their numbering, from best to worst.

3 is dogshit, which makes 2 look better by comparison

DaS1 > DeS >= BB > DaS3 > > > > > DaS2

Don't even bother responding.

Even you would have to admit that the gestures in 2 were the best

Not as long as it lacks Look Skyward and Well What Is It.

The gestures in DaS1 were best. BB are a close second.

This guy gets it.

>Righty-Ho
>This One's Me
>The superior form of Welcome
>Mock
>No Way
Look Skyward and Well What Is It were good gestures, along with Shrug, but 2 had some great ones, you can't deny that.

>sunlight blade + that ring that boosts miracles
>sunlight straight sword
>kill smoug in a single 2hand combo

>tfw no Pumped Up

it hurts

>being this deluded that you try to argument like this now
haha

Winged spear worth investing on?

Dark Souls 2 is at least aesthetically interesting, which varied zones, some of which look very nice. The reason it isn't very fun is because none of the enemies are fun to fight.

Dark Souls 3 is really samey and visually uninteresting. It honestly makes me kind of bored.

Neither are anywhere close to as good as Dark Souls 1 or Demons Souls.

Watchers? Meh. They are stunlocked and killed in less than 30 seconds for both phases. Try your "well-timed stance" on Dragonslayer armor, Champ gundyr or Princes.

I mean, it has poise, so as long as you have the health to survive the trade it can still work.

Is this thing trash? I'm starting to think it's trash.

Investing what on?
It's not bad, but there's nothing noteworthy about it.

It's pretty decent.

For a dex build
forgot to type that

It's not great, but I believe it's the only non-dagger with quickstep and gets some pretty decent AR.
Also has extremely low requirements and weight.

It's probably the best spear in terms of damage on a high dex build.
LKLS is a bit better, but has a higher STR requirement and Weight.

>LKLS is a bit better, but has a higher STR requirement and Weight.
Isn't it also a Pike?

Then how are you supposed to use it? Seems like it can't touch anyone with that piss-poor reach since it's apparently an axe and not a dagger.

You use its quickstep to get in close to people, tap R1 for a hitconfirm, Quickstep cancel it if they trade with you.

>get backstabbed
>roll past elaborate wake up attack and counter backstab

Astora GS is the prettiest weapon.

I'm going through Dark Souls 1 for the first time and I had a dumbass moment and a regret
the dumbass moment was not realizing you could go through the door in the Asylum Demon fight, although I did check it multiple times, I'm not sure what made it open but taking a guess I'd say either it starts open and it closed by itself before I looked at it, or the boss's attack opened it (it actually opened when I was trying to see if getting it to smash all the pillars does anything, never quite got all of them down)
that wouldn't be so bad but I spent hours on that fight and came back to it several times, not long before I found the door open I decided burying my face in his ass wasn't too cheap because he could still turn around and it would take fucking forever to actually whittle down all his health
the regret was a little after that, I talked to the knight guy in the sunbeam and listened and took what he wanted to give me, and I figured since he was dying and he was supposed to be on his last life, I would mercy kill him
apparently he didn't think it was merciful ;_;
did I miss out on anything by killing him?

Dark Souls 2 is... a mess. Development was a mess. It's a mess to the point where Dark Souls 3 effectively retcons it despite people arguing it doesn't. Because Dark Souls 2 happens in Lordran, built over and renamed via Troy. It happens amidst the "time is convoluted" bullshit. You start out at some point in time in the intro and then you go through a time portal in the ruins of Lordran/Drangleic/Othernames back to the period where Dark Souls 2 takes place.

The game sets forward a lot of interesting ideas it never develops, and a lot of things that make absolutely no fucking sense. Like turning Seath into a generic evil wizard and then a lich. Seath was all about crystal dragon shit. Not about making manscorpions and lionmen. And then even the things they set up they sabotage via confusing design and contradiction.

>tfw no Fume Sword in DaS3 with DaS2-like holding and attacking animations and Shield Splitter as it's WA
It'd pair pretty great with the other one that did make it in too

You only get the Asylum Demon's weapon from killing him right away and it isn't a good one anyway, you can get in NG+ so don't worry about it.

I read about that, I was asking about the dude in the knight armor (although the same source said he only gives you different stuff if you beat the boss, not later)

Like, if you go by what the game suggests, Seath is literally a lich. Seath possessed the Duke Of Tseldora and had him excavate the Crystal Caves with the intent of possessing the captured dragon. But then I guess the Duke's body wore out or Seath developed a spider fetish and so Duke's Dear Freja is literally Seath.

Go listen to Seath's theme and then Duke's Dear Freja.

Seath: youtube.com/watch?v=k95b29ip4HU

Freja: youtube.com/watch?v=nn8VM9c6RcM

Oh that's doesn't matter no matter what you do there.

Holy fuck, this guardbeast on the bridge to Irithyll is messing with me bad
>each bite can take anywhere from 1/3 to 3/4 of my health
>animation shows it biting away from my character
>character gets hit anyway

You don't have to fight him there. If you beat the Deacons you can just run through the forcefield.

>get hit once
>die
When is this thing getting nerfed?

Use fire or bleed.

And don't listen to , you're being rused in more ways than one.

It's almost certainly not getting hit with a nerf, we'll just need to find a way around it. Alternatively, hope and pray you never fight someone with this thing, but that's about as likely as Lucy saying he's been pulling a long con and actually loves 2 above all the other games.

Whenever Dark Souls 3 gets another patch. Kill me.

>invade a world
>host has 2 other summons with him
>manage to kill both of them through the host using 3 seeds
>2 more darkmoons come in to help him

They really wanted to make sure invaders had a bad time, didn't they?

This wouldn't even be an issue if we still had DaS1-style poise.

>Invading as a Purp
>As usual, get match with a full group
>Almost kill the host but get smashed with ultraweapons just before I finish
>Queue up another invasion
>it's one of the phantoms from the previous invasion
>Bleed his ass dry

JUSTICE