/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread:Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The first Splatfest is on July 15 [Cake vs Ice Cream], you can download the demo now on the eShop, the event starts at 3pm - 7pm PT (one day only)
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for bring back the Squid Sisters

pearl is the queen of /ink/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

The originals just can't be beat.

Fuck off

>fuck off
why are to so against squads and having fun

Protect the Princess from spoilers!

Pearl dies at the end from terminal ugliness.

I just strumbled into some japanese guy using H3 Nozzlenoze D that was using some hacks. He was able to change the colors of the ink and make everyone see the changed colors. The opposing team had a darker green colored ink.
That was pretty neat, but too bad I lost the match thanks to the same hacker who also used a flying hack too and was somehow able to move the Rainmaker to an inappropriate out of bounds area, though.

She's a fucking NERD

How do I install the other two splatfests

Google it.

Alright, ill say it.

I ship pearl and marina. Cause who the fucks gunna stop me no one thats who

Reminder that if you left your Inkling wearing Octoling Goggles to take them off before Splatoon 2 comes out so that they don't get mind fucked

She looks pretty fresh. Thanks!

>Marie
>bigger tits than Callie

This is wrong.

Joke's on you that's my fetish

>Callie
>not flatter than Kansas

Are you ready for Bitch Squid 2: The Bitchening?

Pearl's not wrong, tho

9 more days.

Make two new Nintendo ID and set region to the other two regions and download their fest from eshop.

>Callie didn't actually turncoat
>she just started hanging out with the wrong crowd after a cute Octoling boy promised to give her skateboard lessons
>she's completely oblivious to the uproar this has caused
>she still can't skate

Source, or did you take this yourself? Kinda the last nail in the coffin for pearl not being evil if it's real.

>Octoling boy

No such thing as that

Wonder how that tale ends.

yet

Less than 10 days my bois

im dying

I want to play with the splat brella

haven't played for over year and a half, how tryhard is it now?

Can someone explain to me how to enable y axis and motion controls at the same time. Its fucking atrocious not to be able to use the y axis while having motion controls enable. Motion controls are great because they allow for quick input correction with greater accuracy than just the stick, but fuck no y axis is too big of a tradeoff.
What faggot decided to make the to mutually exclusive.

still tryhard as ever

Blasters in Towers
Dynamos in Zones

Free for all in rainmaker

Calling it now, Callie left to join the Octarians because the repercussions of her losing the splatfest against Marie shattered her selfesteem and now she hates Inkling society with a passion and will strive to see it sink like a flounder.

Hope you're happy for causing this!

>betraying your society because you're the 2nd most loved idol

Fuck her too

>Hope you're happy for causing this!
I most certainly am. Thanks!

>No such thing
>The villain of both fucking games is one.
FFS they even show his human form.

They never call him an Octoling, just an Octarian.

Me in the ink puddle

Don't be retarded, he's very obviously an Octoling that just stays in his Octopus form the majority of the time. You're seriously grasping at straws here.

We don't even know for sure he really he a human form since we never actually see it. Those scrolls are probably just war propaganda.

At this point you're just making shit up out of reaching.

The thing is the japanese name for Octolings basically means "Octopus Amazons" and Amazons are female warriors. Really can't have a male Amazon.

Unless Octolings just magic out of the nether or puke out eggs like fucking Piccolo, I'm pretty sure they have male counterparts, regardless of if they participate in combat like females or not.

Well...

You're supposed to primarily use motion controls, and only touch the stick to not sit at 90 degrees angle to TV every time you need to look back, not use stick and correct with gyros like you want to do. You do quick flicks to get in position and put your fingers back on jump button, if it had X-axis it'd disturb your vertical aim every time you did that. Reset the camera in a comfy position and you'll never see the need to adjust it, there's only 180 degrees of in-game rotation on y-axis of which uppermost ~50 is rarely used, as opposed to unlimited x-axis.

You're reaching even harder for an arbitrary label.

>Literally going for the 'I am rubber you are glue' manuever

She's so effortlessly slimy

she's a fucking hippy. of course she's slimy.

An all female species is not without real life precedent. Not like any of this matters anyways since it's just a video game and they can have male octolings if they want and just go "Fuck you I ain't got to explain shit". Still it would be weird to name them after a tribe of all female warriors then randomly have male ones running around.

But they aren't an all-female species. Their leader is literally the same fucking species. This is patently proven and obvious unless you're trying to fanfic Splatoon or are sperging out by overthinking something that's so simple it was designed for children to figure out.

>Their leader is literally the same fucking species.
They never once say or imply that. Stop reaching.

>you will never spend hours again rolling for the perfect shirt

>Octopus that can turn into a 'human'
>Leading a bunch of Octopi that can turn into 'humans'
>HUUURRRRR HE'S A DIFFERENT SPECIES

Have you considered the prospect that "Octozone" is a term specifically used to refer to female octolings?

Thank god.
RNG is fucking stupid.

He's also leading the weird ass Octarian army, and we never actually see him take a human form.

t. Scarth

>The scrolls are just make believe because I don't want to look like an idiot on a mongolian finger painting board.

I'm loving how upset you are over this.

Well, you can, it's still available. But why would you?

We did see a male octoling in the sunken scrolls. It might not be a Octavio, but there was still a male octoling.

>I was only pretending to be retarded! XD
Every time.

You have to use the stick to turn. And the stick is the most intuitive way of making fast broad inputs.
It doesnt disturb your aim. It improves it significantly. Botw does it and its amazing. This is crippling though.

If those are even real, watch it just be a butch female.
I never even said that. I just said you're getting unusually upset about this.

if she makes this face at least once in the game, ill cum my dick off

Pearl kidnapped Callie and handed her over to octavio because she wanted to get rid of the compitition and advance her career. SCREENCAP THIS

i'm not him. fuck that guy.

I THINK WE FOOLED THEM, SCARTH

>Now switching to the 'u mad' defense
Like clockwork.

If it's not some kind of kawaii uguu desu desu face she ain't making it in game.

>> 182408284
a-apparently my comment didn't go through last thread for some reason... but this is great! really like your style. if you're still here/wanting to draw squids, here's mine!

You can stop samefagging. We all know you just want Octolings with dicks, because you're a degenerate fag.

so this is the future of online interactions

Wew, lad.

That's if nintendo didn't shit the bed, and smear said shit on the pillows. Which they did, at this point they should just opt to make a newer model with a built-in mic and call it a day on it. And, problem solved.

Not if we scream loud enough

It's fucking amazing how Nintendo can, on one hand, make such great games, and on the other make the dumbest fucking hardware decisions in the entire fucking industry.

This shit makes the people at Mad-Katz look like masters of engineering.

Why are people losing their mind over a reverse splitter? That's all it is. You can probably even plug your own headphones into the squid part if it fits the socket or you have a converter.

This is a accessory made by HORI and licensed by Nintendo.
If you want to blame anyone, blame HORI instead.

They could of

You know

And don't think I'm crazy or anything for suggesting this, but

Maybe, just maybe put a fucking jack in the controller/console like every other fucking platform in existence.

What sort of fucking retard actually got paid to design the current system? I want his fucking job. I could get paid half as much to fuck up this badly.

This is the electronic equivalent of string and god-damn dixie cups.

a-apparently my comment didn't go through last thread for some reason... but this is great! really like your style. if you're still here/wanting to draw squids, here's mine!

>could of

Calm down. The headset isn't even required. The system is designed to not need a headset at all. Just set your phone down beside you while you play like Wii Speak.

Well I did say pay me half as much to fuck it up.

Kiss my ass it's fucking 0319

I want to talk lewd on voice chat!

Post vocaroo

That's fucking stupid and you know it. The sound quality would be complete and total fucking garbage and you're almost guaranteed to have TV noises broadcasting not just into your phone, but all the others chatting with you would likely have the same issues if they too were just using their phones. It'd be a god damn mess.

There's absolutely no defending something this retardedly designed when a god damn xbox figured this shit out in 2002 without having any sort of console predecessor beforehand to learn from.

We'll see how well it works or doesn't when it comes out. That's how the system was designed though.

>military time
why

>Military time
It's just a 24 hour clock. 12 hour clocks are retarded.

agreed, but 24-hour time and military time are different. military time has a preceding 0 and no colon, and it's pronounced differently. 0600 "oh six hundred" versus 6:00 (six hours/six o'clock)

U wot? I've literally never seen a 24 hour clock in all my years that arbitrarily becomes 3 digits instead of 4 at all times.

I mean yeah I was in the military which is where I initially got introduced to the 24 hour clock, but most countries I've been to also use it, and even the job I work at now uses it, and never have I ever seen a 24 hour clock displayed as you have described.

The whole 'military time' thing is just an American thing because for some reason we're backwards as shit and still use 12 hour clocks when most other places don't, and for some reason people here can't seem to translate between them very well.

most places do not literally have clock with 24 numbers on them.

i'm talking about the concept of time, not physical clocks.

military time has no colon
24 hour time has a colon

its the only difference, but they get switched around a lot