/ARMS/ - ARMS general

>News
-Max Brass, his ARMS, Sky Arena, Hedlok Scramble, and statistics have been released!
-Events will be coming. You can toggle whether or not you want in on the main menu
-Highest rank is now 20
-For more of the interesting changes go here: mobile.twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/884952203609333761

>Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey to add your own:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Official ARMS japanese twitter
twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/switch/aabqa/dashboard/ranking/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for I'M NHUMBUR WHUN!!!

BRASS BRASS BIG BUIIIILD!

Kid Cobrafags get fucked, Hydrafags get fucked.

4736-7102-4713

Add me for a Max Brass lobby.

Come on ded thred, let's muscle up.

So what changed in the new patch for my girl minmin

The new arms are sick. They're all are so fast and strong but very sensitive to manual steering. You gotta pay attention with every punch, so I'm predicting they're something you'd see more of in the higher ranks. Then again, it'll be fucking Bubb/Buff spam 2.0 for an even stronger rush attack. The new gloves do way more damage than the old ones, same speed too.
At the very least the some of the other arms that can deal with this got buffed. Mainly the heavies, and to a lesser extent the Guardians.

Nothing, she and everyone not Ribbon or Cobra are in a fair and balanced spot.

Why are we not setting up regular play sessions?

The only thing changed about Ribbon was the infinite jumps in Spring Arena.

ADD ME. You don't know how many times I've been ignored when offering to set up lobbies.

No forget that I'm wrong, after attacking mid air with Ribbon you can't use your other jumps for more punches or grabs. I was so obsessed with Max Brass I didn't notice. Not that I mind this change. Since I usually attack after fast falling and rarely abused multi-jump attacks.

That and she can't air attack as much anymore, the most she can do now is like 3 punches or 2 grabs in a row at best. Feels great that she's more fair now. Though I'm worried we'll see an influx of either min-mins or KCs. (Not Max Brass since he's just a very large Springman, just as beatable though).

When I was going through the changes I noticed KC's jump distance is still fucking huge, I don't remember how it was before but I don't really mind as much since he was never really op, just inherently strong.

Does it seem a bit faster to anyone else? I feel like my punches are moving faster also only one of my last 15 ranked finished without a KO

I can only get 1 grab out of it, and 3-4 punches. Now do you Springgas wanna play Max Brass or what? Some arms were sped up in retracting speed. Some slowed down.

MAGIC MUSCLES

max barass

This game needs a lobby mode like Smash 4. That would keep these threads alive

Nth for MAX ASS

I'm just doing party mode because nobody wants to play.

So who does Max fight at the end of the GP?

A corporate rival.

Just did it. He fights Max Brass. Biff calls you a fake but when you win he calls you the real deal. The story is that he's on a regional tour because he was impatient in waiting for a challenger.

Forgot to spoiler it.

Answer me this, guys.

Is it time to finally give up on Springman and transfer to THE BRASS?

Springman still has the niche of being smaller and faster than Max Brass. So it's really up to preference; Do you want to be an all-around fighter? Or do you want a Spring/Mummy hybrid every 2 seconds (and when you're at 25%)?

I think Max has an easier time in pressuring opponents because when he comes out of his reflect he gets super armor.

Yeah, but you know how easy it is to wreck super armor in this game. So it's more of a, "nice to have" kind of buff.

Huh, that makes sense, though I did find out you also get BUFF after a successful grab, similar to how Min Min's dragon arm works. There might be a few other ways apart from the manual charge, but if that's an option, then he can probably stay that way for much longer.

In any case, I might just stick to Springman. He's the guy I practiced with for all this time, no real reason to stop now although giving into dishonesty and using Roasters could be useful.

Ironically, Roasters are more honest than Toasters due to no tracking and they're fast, giving you less time to curve. But it doesn't matter as much since building rush with them is really fast, so be prepared for rush spamming 2.0.

Still if you get up close to them with super armor as they're getting up, their only option out of the Brass train is to rush or grab.

Oh right, now I remember why Mummy was so scary when he gets a knockdown, the same can apply for Brass. Guess I gotta work on pinning people in as they get up. Which is hard in this game since you have a lot of invincibility on wake up.

>have to wait in uni for 6 hours today
>need username and login for wifi
>switch only takes password

what do friends.

Wasn't there an internet browser exploit?

Holy shit I just fought a guy who's already rank 20

>actually detailed patch notes

I love you Mr Yabuki

What is this about the highest ranked people being displayed online? I can't find anything on the official website.

Has this new update changed anyone's main?
I imagine KC and RG mains are jumping ship in droves.

how severe is the ribbon girl nerf?

>trying to hit anyone with the roaster

Japan already had a rankings board before the update.
nintendo.co.jp/switch/aabqa/dashboard/ranking/index.html
Other regions are supposed to get it soon.

Post your stats with your main

>wins total 804
>won fights: 60%
>won volleyball: 57%
>won basketball: 39%
>won target shooting: 66%

Was Hydra nerfed or what is that Vertival Arm from the patch notes supposed to be?

Vertival is japanese name for Hydra.

It's not.
The patch just removed hoverspamming, which was a low rank exploit to begin with.
High rank Ribbon play is unaffected.

>tfw trapped in rank 15
how are people ranking up this fast

>Upgraded Roaster and Nade deal 150 damage

How do I win against Hedlok with mummy at lvl 7? His second form wrecks me every time.

nvm got him

>tfw no ranked V-Ball

Max Brass dittos are officially the best thing in this game.
>tfw got a Perfect as a level 8 against a level 11

Did they expand the matchmaking? Because I am actually playing against more than 2 people in ranked.

Hope you guys been enjoying shitting on Cobra in ranked as much as me today

ALL BARQ
ALL BYTE

>play ranked
>not a single Max Brass at higher ranks

Will he make it in higher ranks or will the old cast just meme on him?

He's a slow character and the current meta is that all slow characters are shit( this is obviously false but people say this shit)

No one has got gud enough with him yet. Give it time

Helix?

I've been shitting on him and Ribbon ever since I got better at using barq. Super jumps and dash mix ups all day.

Helix

muh money

Are toasters or roasters more honest?

Roasters would probably be more honest since they require more skill when it comes to aiming.

I can confirm, I was missing a fucking mechanica over and over this morning. They have zero tracking to them.

HIGH SKILL, HIGH REWARD

As expected of Max Brass's arms.