TRUCKERFAG THREAD - /TFG/

>ROBOTS HAVE NOW ASSUMED CONTROL OF THIS THREAD EDITION

>PREVIOUS HUMAN THREAD:

>44 TONNES OF GLEAMING STEEL ROBO-TRUCK BODIES
>34 WHEELS COVERED IN SQUISHY HUMAN VISCERA
>SIGN THAT LEASE AND I WILL DRIVE RIGHT THROUGH YOUR FLIMSY TIMBER FRAMED DOMICILE
>CDL ACQUISITION? DOES NOT COMPUTE, HUMANS NEED NOT APPLY
>SWIFT: BESTIN CLASS FILLED WITH ROBOT EX-CONVICTS AND RETIREES

>TRUCKERFAG HAD A NEAR MISS ENCOUNTER WITH A TURBAN AND SANDAL WEARING HUMAN: APPREHEND ON SIGHT
>EF HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH AMOBILE SELFIE TAKING DEVICE THAT IS POWERED BY ROLLER-DOGS AND CRAFT BEER
>PEPSI DARED TO DOUBT THE WORD OF THE MASTER BUILDER: TERMINATION ORDERS ISSUED TO KILL-BOTS
>OILFAG: WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN; LAST SEEN HEATING A TANK OF CRUDE OIL AND SCREAMING "I AM THE GOD OF HELL-FIRE", ASSUMED DECEASED
>ALL PRIME DRIVERS INCLUDING PRIMEFAG AND PRIMELY TO BE PERMANENTLY INSTALLED IN SEMI-AUTONOMOUS TRUCKS WITH NEURAL CONTROL INTERFACES
>DOUBLESFAG HAS BEEN APPREHENDED FOR THE FUTURECRIME OF "DOUBTING THE MACHINE"
>GUNDAM IS WIRED INTO A LAWNMOWER MAN STYLE VIRTUAL REALITY RIG
>BALAM IS SERVING A 20 YEAR SENTENCE FOR AUTHORING "MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC" EROTIC LITERATURE

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2017/11/20/uber-orders-24000-volvo-xc90s-for-driverless-fleet/
youtube.com/watch?v=VsKn8AC1Phs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for robo trucking

so yesterday morning I left Denver to deliver a less broken truck to a coworker. 50 miles before the CO/WY Border on I-25 I started seeing signs that there would be a high wind advisory from 5pm yesterday through 8pm today. I continued to see similar messages all the way up to Sheridan, near the Montana border where I stayed for the night. I left Sheridan headed home this morning and immediately I was seeing signs saying “60+ MPH gusts, I-25 closed to light high profile vehicles”. I saw one blown over dryvan about 30 miles north of Casper and then saw nothing else until just past I-80 in Cheyenne where I counted FOURTY FUCKING FOUR blown over trucks on I-25 in about a 15 mile stretch. are people really stupid enough to miss or ignore that many fucking warnings? Jesus fuck.

Craft beer and jerky is a match made in heaven. Like trucks and robots.

Who woulda thought that EF was a closet hipster.

so how many decades do truckers have left?

>this OP

just your typical narcissistic millennial really

Tesla should work with a RV builder to make an RV based on the 500 mile sleeper cab semi.

>44 blown over trucks

Holy cow. Does slowing down help much or do you just need to pull over

I’ve never driven anything besides a flatbed so I have no idea but it seems like a lot of them were parked on offramps and still got blown over. I noticed lots of trucks parked under overpasses so I’d guess the best thing to do is just get away from it entirely

That's insane. Good to know. Can flatbeds blow over if it's just a flatbed? I heard they still can

Yes. You're next.

well anything is possible I suppose but it’s the side profile that usually seals the fate of dry vans. I had an all steel lowboy with a 29k lb. tractor on it and I never really felt the wind moving it at all but I could see maybe an aluminum flatbed getting tossed around.

I love wine and cocks.

Kek.
>implying the 6pack bottle wine from costco for 18 bucks is not god tier

>BALAM IS SERVING A 20 YEAR SENTENCE FOR AUTHORING "MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC" EROTIC LITERATURE
Maybe this whole robot thing isn't so bad after all

Who was that Prime user I was talking to about the light weights. I'm parked next to one right now. It looks like literally the short bus of trucks. Goodness that thing is smaller than I remember. You have to take out that passenger seat to survive I imagine.

I was hauling foam once in Wyoming and that's the only time I felt it. I slowed down a bit and then I was good. Some fatty at iron skillet one time was telling me that the profile isn't the only thing that matters, it's that the wind gets under the trailer and tips it. He was very fat though so I don't know if he can be trusted.

I want to roll over at least once in my career that sounds awesome

>44 trucks
Madness. I wonder how many millions in lost revenue, repairs to truck and trailer, damaged cargo, driver pay and recovery costs all that wreckage is worth.

If you believe the media and/or busriders, less than one.

>TFW thats basically the same advice for surviving a blowout in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Probably with enough wind and you were deadheading, or carrying a tall, light load.

In the future, the system works.

>That image
I remember that major PBS series. Good show.

/r/ing that video of a popo getting crushed by a dry van they got blown over right on top of him

I think if it's really bad you're supposed to park so that your truck and trailer form a V, so that if your trailer starts to tip it just puts more weight on the truck instead of rolling it.

techcrunch.com/2017/11/20/uber-orders-24000-volvo-xc90s-for-driverless-fleet/

Uber is starting phase 3 or getting rid of ride-sharing drivers, after that they will be making self-driving trucks and slowly taking all the freight from their own loadboard they conned stupid truckers into joining the same way they started their ride-sharing service.

Dude I'm getting hardcore into the conspiracy stuff again. All I do is listen to listen to those podcasts and videos while I drive anymore. Reminds me of my 2011 days on /pol/ which I thought were pretty good. And before all the infowars.com and the YouTube e-celeb """""skeptic""""" community turned it all into normie entertainment.

I want to start reading more history too. I was a history major and I miss putting the peices together and that feeling like "man I'm gunna solve this."

Hey guys, I've been thinking about becoming a trucker for about a year now. I've been lurking these generals for about the same amount of time. I have goals of being a pilot, problem is it's really expensive. So I've been thinking trucking would be a good way to finance my training. Am I wrong to think this? If I lived a relatively Spartan lifestyle, how long would it take me to put away, say, 75k?

>PS. ef you're a fucking FAGGOT and I want to hate you but I can't because you're actually kind of hilarious

I'm trying to put 30k on student loans in 1 year and I'm way ahead of schedule. And I'm just a first-year driver at a mega. I'm going to work another year and put down another 30k and buy a car.

So yea u can do it but get rid of your car get rid of your apartment get rid of ur life and just roll like 2-3mo at a time b4 taking home time.

It's going to be hard to bring in that kind of money and not spend it if you're not disciplined or not used to making that kind of money. It's easy to burn your checks on expensive gadgets and concert tickets and nice dinners in the city if you don't have a goal you're obsessed with.

Dont go to CRST or Swift or any of those other places because bc you can only clear like 500 or 600 a week there. You'll need to start somewhere that pays at least $0.40 a mile to start and can guarantee you at least 2500 miles a week minimum or you won't come close to making the money you want.

Prime is about as good a place you can start. If you use my driver code on your application they'll hire you without asking excessive questions.

Shoot I'll literally training myself. I'm going to start training after Thanksgiving and almost double my income. Also my chances of death but Work Hard Play Hard son

Train you*

Thanks for the offer but I'm planning to take a cdl course financed by a consortium of harbor trucking companies down in Long beach. It's 1500 plus whatever the DMV and medical exam fees are. Plus prime seems like the training period is a quite a bit longer than most other companies, I have a cat so the shorter the orientation period the better, unless you're willing to train me with my cat in tow which I doubt. Thanks though.

Ill take ur cat lol its only 2 weeks but that sounds like a pretty good deal desu u don't rly want to get your CDL through a mega bc then they own you for a year. $1500 is pretty cheap. How long does it take?

>cat

How many fingers can you fit in your asshole at once, faggot.

It's like 8 weeks for the cdl training. It used to be free because the harbor companies were hurting for drivers and agreed to finance a training course, but they recently started asking for tuition, I guess just because they could. A few months ago it was 1k.
I'm a faggot because I took in a stray, starving skeletal animal in winter and decided to keep her? Would it help my case if I told you I also have two large Akitas that could turn your face into hamburger meat?

>weeb dog

Just KYS faggot.

That would be a shiba inu

Akitas are generally not known faggot. You're thinking of shibas

>on;y a faggot weeb who should KYS knows this

>generally not known
Does this suddenly make them a non-weeb dog? Dumb faggot.

No. Sorry that some people know where dog breeds originated. Just KYS weebs.

youtube.com/watch?v=VsKn8AC1Phs

RIP Gary, but Jimbo is woke as fuck.

Can a dog really be weebish? Are pomeranians and german sheperds germanboo? I've never looked at a dog and thought of it's nationality

Most people don't even check the weather at all. People show up at the office complaining about how cold it is while they wear a t-shirt, when it was plastered on every weather source that there would be a cold front coming.

Now apply your thinking to humans.

Instead you just look at animals and think about how they can be used for your comfort and entertainment.

KYS

Humans=\= Animals

My dog helps me hunt, what's wrong with that?

Humans are animals.

>I'm a shit hunter who needs appliances and animals to provide for thyself.

Why would I hunt without my dog? That's like hunting without your buds. It's more enjoyable with a companion

>being dependant

>Not having a strong bond with your fellow males
That sounds awful. How could you tolerate women without any friends?

>implying they can catch the leader of the resistance.

I'll be Inna woods with all the napalm I can get my hands on and a homemade EMP rig.

I heard the end is nigh and drivers are being taken to camps next Tuesday, where we will escape the soyboys musk has guarding us because they weigh 130lbs

RIP in peace

Truckers are distant emotionally and socially user.

Implying most truckers can even talk to women without them being repulsed

Guess how I know you haven't been out on the road? Kek

Fuuuuuck

*>

This
Are you just a paper trucker?

Well you can hardly fault the ones who pulled over and tipped anyway. That shit is not normal.

No it's pretty normal. Parking doesn't make the wind stop.

If you had room and jackknifed the rig a little would it help? Or would the trailer sway more.
What I'm getting at is that theoretically wouldn't it require more torque to push a 45 degree rig over either way?

Dirty

>TFW come up on a dryvan cuck doing 70 km/h on a dry, bare two lane highway with a 100 km/h limit
>TFW can't pass due to tonnes of oncoming traffic
>TFW he somehow loses speed going down one side of a long valley
>TFW he decides to go up the hill on the other side at 50 km/h
>Doesn't pick up up speed at all at the bottom, maintains 50
>TFW I blast him with 20 seconds straight of loud ass Western Star air power as I go by once the lanes open up
Explain yourselves dryvanners.

Grub. And to think Doubles and Pepsi idolize you.

>"Seize them my vegan minions!"

I remember someone a bit ago along what mileage or age Prime seems their trucks, just wanted to point out Prime doesn't own their equipment; it's all leased. I believe they're 4 year leases.

>winter
>Long Beach
U wot?

>TFW come up on a dryvan cuck doing 70 km/h on a dry, bare two lane highway with a 100 km/h limit

No body knows how fast that is

I'm taking my truck to a Freightliner dealership right now for transmission issues. I've got 420,000 mi and I really hope this transmission is busted up bad because I want a new truck tomorrow.

I can't wait to go home this week and eat a shitload of ham.

Absolutely haram.

>1 mile = 1.6 km
>70 km/h/1.6= 43 mph
>100 km/h/1.6= 62 mph
Git gud scrub.

How much plate space constitutes a shitload?

These black 2019 Cascadias look awesome. Come on Prime put me in this!!!

Why can't u just use 21st century unita

>being a road raging little bitch
Hey I know you're mad at raising another man's spawn but don't take it out on law abiding drivers.

>2019
>it's 2017

Why do companies do this? This shit is retarded and all fucked up.

>Freightliner
Looks good. Didn't Gundam say they were still junk though?

>21st century units
>Metric
>Simple even measurements, easily divisible or multiplied to larger units
>Imperial
>Archaic, arbitrary measurements from a bygone era
>I say, we're perambulating rather rapidly! What is the velocimeter reading Chokesworth?
>Why sir, we're travelling at 17.6 Stoutbarrels Per Lumberpile

>INB4 that image where metric measurements are shooped to be a menorah and imperial measurements are shooped to be a middle finger

>Slow moving dryvan driver detected
Beep beep!

Can't u pick ur own truck design and color scheme at Prime?? I've seen all kinds of wild Prime trucks. U need one w this on the side

>tfw American megacarriers are so dumb they measure stopping distance in "truck lengths" and "football fields"

Are you sure? Those headlights??

I'm sure they are still junk

Only if ur lease and it actually costs a lot of money

You're blind. Looks just as ugly as the old ones but in a different way.

I kinda like the grill. It needs a body match painted visor though.

>no bug screen
RIP condenser by 2019

Sort of like how you find user's mom sexy while riding her but afterwards you realize just how ugly she really is.

They made the bumper way too big so it looks like the Crimson Chin. And that sharp line that runs along the headlight looks rally weird from the side.

what's wrong with that pic he looks happy

>tfag an his big screen posts

>Truckfag and his posts about bug screens
That's a really shit truck
You can eat deeznuts
You are a dilusional bad kid
You didn't even drive this week. And ur mad I called u on that "new truck"
Nope

shopping for truck related stuff today. Cause I'm an owner operator.

>Fairly Odd Parents reference
Kek. Yeah, that bumper is a bit early 2000s tuner-y.

I'm still waiting for an apology for attacking my lack of American craft beer brand knowledge on the last thread.

>Yep, that's a truck.

>this OP

>Installed with neural control interface

At least Primely will be able to finally back now with AI assist

Tesla Semi will be 150-200k.

t. insiders

Pretty much this. People think their phone is made for stalking girls on Facebook and reading political propaganda, completely oblivious to the fact this device that fits in their pocket can literally tell you the weather on the other side of the fucking world.

I've had 3 calls today about high winds and "hurr what do I do" how about you check the fucking weather before you blindly drive into a god damn blizzard. Happens every winter. This is what happens when you hire bottom-feeder drivers, I swear there should be an IQ cap to do this job

U shid hire deeznuts
Next time u won't have that problem

Impossible. It'll cost at least twice that to make, and Tesla is in no position to be selling vehicles at a loss.
Coupled with the fact that it's going to weigh like 15 tons and there's no way it won't be at least a year late, this is looking like it's going to be the biggest vaporware of the decade

and yet they've been working alongside with industry for the whole of the design process, and they've secured pre-orders from about a dozen different firms?

Tesla has margins of 20% on all their vehicles. The semi will not be different. Plus, it's sharing lots of components with the 3, which are bring produced in bulk anyways

I know ur in Springfield rn. Why don't you man up and fight me and record it for /TFG/

Yeah they've got pre-orders amounting to a total of maybe a hundred units. And speaking of the 3, they can't keep up with this pre-orders and it's suffering from a bunch of QC issues so that's not a good sign either.

Where is the proof.

for which part? It's been known for a while that Tesla has been working with industry on the semi. There were industry people at the reveal, and last year Elon said that they were working closely with industry people. It's also public knowledge that their margins are 20% or so for vehicles. The 3 is supposed to be 25%.
As for 3 parts in the semi, it uses the 3 door handles, 3 displays, and four 3 drivetrains. Plus whatever else we don't know about.

>didn't drive this week

Nigger, I didn't even stop this weekend, it's our busy season. I'm running recap until Thursday when I take a rolling 34 and go back out. Neck yourself.

The only faggot that's *delusional (that's how you spell it you fucking dropout) here is you thinking anyone here gives a flying fuck about you driving around on daddy's money

Just wanted to let people know that I made it. I passed my CDL test on my first try! It feels really good desu

>Prime drivers getting away with putting literally anything on their trucks

U don't have a hair on ur ass if u don't lease a truck, make it pink and yellow and put brainlet cartoons all over it. U cheap coward

post yfw it's a Gundam left his phone at home episode again.

I literally don't know what a 34
Or recap is.
I never use those sections on the log.

Why am I laffin so hard at this.
The only double in here is you
And you are a doublebk
(Bad kid)
U need to get gud

What should I order at Iron Skillet? Haven't eaten all day I'm hungry

A skillet.