New "race only" solid engine mounts arrived today, what does Veeky Forums think?

New "race only" solid engine mounts arrived today, what does Veeky Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_K_engine#4K
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you make this in an "intro to welding" class?

Jesus lol

There's literally nothing wrong with that weld mate.

As a welder you almost got me with that bait....almost.

Well come on cunt, what's the problem with it?

Undercut, you moved too fast with the mig, didnt tie in the corner of the welds, it's covered in fucking splatter. There is so much wrong with this it's not even funny. Whatever cunt, it's your car not mine, lol.

Solid mounts will just make your car a vibrating noisy mess.

name one thing wrong with it.

>mig
Some pro you are, that's an arc weld dickhead.
>muh corners
That's where the tacks were, pretty sure it will hold without that 2mm worth of weld.
>muh splatter
Jesus christ.....

It's complete dogshit user

The welds might hold, but that is sloppy as shit work. Nothing to be proud of.

Yeah righto fuckwit.

why do white "people" have such ugly fingers

Oi cunt! You can't even see my fingers what are you talking about?

lol that shit welding job

my mom welds better than that

Oh that's it!
You bloody drongo cunts have gone and done it now!
I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR FUCKING SHIT!!! I'M GUNNA GRIND ALL THE WELD BACK AND DO IT AGAIN JUST TO SHOW YOU DICKHEADS, WHO COULDN'T TELL A WELDER FROM YOUR OWN ARSEHOLES, WHAT A GOOD WELD LOOKS LIKE!!!!

I can only imagine what the rest of your ""work"" looks like

ok.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY CAR VIBRATING

I CAN'T READ YOUR POST EITHER

t. somebody who's ridden in a car with 4 banger, 600 lb springs and solid motor mounts

He's right though

>critiques weld
>thinks it was done by a mig

You know that's a complement right? I'm not sure how you missed the trademark leftover slag.

look again shitdick

>op buys lazily welded non aesthetic car part
>all the welders come out of the woodwork to tell him how bad it is and critique the item as if OP himself made it.

does the bright light turn you all into cunts or what?

na, breathing in slag and argon all day probably aint helping any though.

>OP does a imperfect job welding some mounts
>attempts to show them off as if its anything to be proud off

I have better beaner welds on my exhaust

Fully qualified boiler maker here, definitely not OP samefagging, ignore the haters OP those are decent welds for a stick.

Because we have to work for a living

this.
there is a reason cars weren't engineered with solid engine mounts

>what does Veeky Forums think?
It would do the job for sure.

That slug inclusion (top left corner) is nasty though. Probably should have travel slower and keep arc length shorter.

There! I welded it all again, I hope you cunts are happy!
I even put gloves on so puss-hands-hands peter doesn't have another winge.

That's where the tack was, you always get slag inclusion around the tacks - unless you grind them back (but who could be bothered doing that?)

Stop posting

>he doesn't have a fume extractor made from an old heater fan

i got a poly t56 trans mount and its fine

Fuck having anything but street mounts for engine tho

I got poly engine mounts, no biggie, not sure about solid steel though....

made it even worse 2bh

Same, poly mounts all around and it isn't bad at all unless you're seriously lugging the engine.
I have much worse beaner welds on my exhaust kek

Can you like clean the entire thing first? All that dirt, and grime is making me anxious. How can you even weld that dirty metal? Do you have any self respect?

I ground back the patch where I was going to weld you turkey.
>cleaning a nig rigged engine mount

Nice bro. Don't know why all the hate, doesn't have to look like it was cnc'd it's just a fucking engine mount.
>Woah someone is actually being resourceful and making their own part for their own car
>REEEEEEE that bead isn't even perfect thickness!! There is spatter too!!
>>>Bus riders --- not even once.

>getting this mad just because you weld like an indian shipbuilder

wew

that's a small bolt

>weld like an Indian shipbuilder

Dunno why I laughed at this, thanks

solid steel fucks the drivability related to the NVH

higher rpm is abysmal for street

Jesus what are you doing that requires this?

Just put a chain on it if you really need to.

Good.

If you want a quiet car drive a Cadillac. Some of us like our cars to be cars, not sailboats on wheels.

EVs with maximum NVH when? I want my car to go whirrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

They'll put a bank of broken iphones under the seat to vibrate in order to simulate real NVH when the computer decides to accelerate

Or just give it a straight cut gearbox (for more fasts instead of acceleration that dies off after 60) and a really big motor

In my experience, even brand new, well lubed motors can make some loud whirring/howling noises under load.

As long as they don't use an induction motor it should sound like 100 dust busters screaming in your ears well enough.

Maybe they can use a 90deg gearing house out of a Home Depot angle grinder to give that authentic death trap feel.

Just a cam and some compression really, stock mounts are soft as balls - engine flops around all over the place and won't idle for shit, choppy as.

what engine?

4k, corolla motor - 4cyl 1290cc, pushrod, non-crossflow.

dope

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_K_engine#4K

whats the aftermarket like for a 40 year old niche i4 jdm motor?

Not too bad 10-20 years ago because they were common as fuck here in aus, used to be able to buy blank cams and get the ground to any specification. But nowadays everyones moved on to A motors so the aftermarket support has mostly dried up.

A few years back I was bored and had money to waste so I bought nice gear from Yahoo auctions, only just getting around to using some of the stuff now.
Pic related my extractors.

ah the long build

i couldnt wait that long mate

good luck keep us posted

Who the fuck does your stucco?

leave his stucco alone

The same guy who does his welding

I thought that was a cave?

lee me alon

autistic welders are my favourite meme. think they must be mad about the fact that every normie can learn to weld within 30 minutes with modern gear.

OP rekt

That's going to be fucking awful to drive bro. Not to mention you'll probably be vibrating your car apart after a while. I would reconsider if i were you.

One thing ive learned from Veeky Forums is that if you post a picture showing a weld or someone weightlifting, there are hundreds of master welders and bodybuilders ready to shit all over you. Its cool that we share these boards with so many experts!

It's a disdain for blogging combined with the fact that there are well-known, objective criteria for judging lifts and welds.

That, and Dunning-Krueger means that the newest, most amateur welders and lifters are more likely to come to Veeky Forums to seek praise for their mediocrity.

Professional tip: shock load transference and harmonic vibrations add 0hp while massively increasing your chances of cracking and snapping shit

>it's not pretty so it's bad

nobody is going to see it sweetie it doesn't matter.

Why do you want these?

What does it do other than make your car miserable to drive and increase wear?

Well I'll find out soon enough, I've got plenty of stock rubber ones lying around if it's no good.
It might add HP depending on your engine balance, it's not impossible that damping the vibrations (by transferring them to the rest of the car) could allow the engine to rev smoother.
But that's not really what stiffer engine mounts are about, it's about:
>increasing throttle response (I have a lightened flywheel btw)
>eliminating wheel hop
>allowing a high comp, big cam engine to idle properly
-this is the big one, the higher your compression the more the engine kicks at idle and these engines weren't made with stiff mounts from the factory - so an upgrade is necessary.
If I could easily buy urethane mounts I would have done that, but I can't, so I'll give this a go.

As for "snapping shit" I'm really not worried about that - with a big 3 inch single piece tailshaft and a bulky borg warner diff behind a ~100hp 1.3 litre I should be safe.

Well the rest of the car isn't exactly set up in a "comfortable to drive" manor so the mounts won't be out of place.
And it'll probably reduce wear when hard driving - wheel hop really messes with your gears and thrust bearings.

>mfw ancient stick welder
life is pain

its fun tho

Solid mounts do the opposite of damp vibration bro. Thats what soft mounts do. A solid mount just transfers the vibrations to the rest of the car.

it not only fucks nvh but fucks the chassis and everything on it from rattling it apart eventually

And transferring vibrations to the rest of the car dampens the vibrations of the engine.
That's exactly what I said you nong.

>And transferring vibrations to the rest of the car dampens the vibrations of the engine.
>The engine is part of the car
I'm pretty sure you're retarded.

*every trim screw in your car rattles loose

'no'

If the car vibrates more - that energy has to come from somewhere, it's basic physics mate.

Is this what honda ricers do to their cars? I used to work with someone that had a 2010ish civic coupe and the damn thing always seemed like it was rattling itself apart with the crazy vibrations.

Yes basic physics, something you should brush up on. Maybe learn what damping is, because it is not what you apparently think it is.

I'll admit damping wasn't the word I was looking for, because it's more of a rigid effect than damping, perhaps bracing?
But the effect is the same, even if the characteristics are different - less vibrations in the engine and more in the chassis.

And don't pretend like rubber is known for its damping characteristics.

I hope you don't have any dental fillings, if you do you should schedule monthly appointments to have them refilled in perpetuity, because you're going to be rattling them out of your head.

Whatever benefits you get out of these solid mounts are going to be completely overshadowed by how incredibly unpleasant your car is to be in. Do yourself a favor and just get hard rubber or poly mounts like everyone else.

Can't be bothered making them, much easier just to weld up the stock rubber ones, we shall see how it drives!

if you were as proffessional as you claimed you'd know that solid engine mounts can increase hp marginally

GAINZ