no hot version

a trd/sti version would have saved its legacy

now it'll be remembered for being slower than a minivan

That looks like shit

It was designed by an Australian.

And Toyota green lit it.

no hot version because no cooling because lol design

I thought it looked like a commodore or something in hatchback form

Shooting brake designs are awesome. This is a pretty good one.

I like it

they almost got it...

They didn't give wagon concept to wagon overlords Subaru.

>painted-on tires

Gross.

cr-z?
it looks like a tc or crz.

how are you supposed to see out the back

Back up camera, radar cross traffic alert system, active blind spot monitoring.
Who needs to see out of a window when you can add thousands of dollars worth of electronics to do it for you?

The mini spoiler is kind of ridiculous. The whole back should be glass.

looks like the lovechild of a crossover and a drunken 1994 EG hatch
i.e shit

I didn't even notice the spoiler. Please tell me it's rwd

wait, what? is this real?

>the whole back should be glass
This
Volvo had the best idea for a shooting break hatchback rear
Make it all glass

looks like an ugly FF copy

I’m getting more of a Toyota CRZ vibe from it

Is this real or not.
If real I would buy it RIGHT now. I love it.

Release date when?

It would probably be overpriced as fuck

Thats what i thought. The back end looks like the crz

Looks good to me fags sorry if you have shit taste.

It fucked up by being below average to average in every regard. For $1500 to spend on headers, mid pipe, exhaust, and tune you feel like that’s where the car should have been out of the factory. It still doesn’t amaze you because in actuality there’s only about an15 HP gain, but it evens things out which makes the car more consistent in its power band. For about an additional $5000 you could then add a supercharger, which unlike other cars doesn’t feel like it blows you away. It just feels like the next step in the process. Now I’m not saying you don’t feel it, because you do, I’m saying that it still feels like you haven’t thrown $8000 in parts/labor at a car, and the return (the feel when you drive it) really shows that when you drive it.

Yeah toyota tries so hard it makes them look bad

And underwhelming.

>It fucked up by being below average to average in every regard
It's the best handling car with the best steering for 25k new. How is that average?

c 1973

Had to make few quick shoops to the trunk.

I really like C and D, the Z shape is cool

same for me, we never get 3 door hatches any more that are worth while here in the states (see Fiesta ST).

Overall id say adding more weight up high like that just fucks the handling dynamic.

New one between C and D.

Hahaha how the fuck are cooling problems real? Hahaha like nigga just throw a big fucking fan in it like nigga just use a larger radiator haha

now just copy the rx8 and add suicide doors

usually hot versions of cars have different front bumpers and hoods to manage heat

that's a really poor excuse

Wow, nice Dodge Caliber.
This design is fucking garbage.

>shooting brake

God damn we need to euthanize the British. Their terminology is entirely too stupid.

But what about muh handling and muh CoG? Put a fucking straight 4 in it and let me turbo it you fucking gooks and I will buy one.

ftfy

Make it shorter and give it a turbocharger. At least now that we've stepped away from the "NA RWD sports car" template there can be some experimentation.

>toyota Veloster

The Veloster at least knows what it is. This is just identity crisis.

How did you manage to make the GT86 look even worse

if at least they keeping it rwd, they might not be so bad

>What went wrong?
trying hard to emulate the past, with bad designers

Maybe Toyota is just trying to make a crossover crossover.
If they keep doing it eventually we'll just have a regular car.

>What went wrong?

Not hiring an Italian coachbuilding service.

;_;

Why can't anyone modernize the fastback properly?

They could easily do it by extending the Mustang GT's trunk a few feet forward

Same, I thought it was a new VF station wagon or some shit. Btw the new 2018 Holden that's coming out makes me want to kms.

Sigh I mean I like Opel but calling that a Holden commodore is fucktarded

If it had more glass to see out the rear window, a hatch slanted some bit more, and maybe some different rear taillights it would’ve all been fine

I wasn't aware it was a commodore model.

Because safety regulations make big window/small pillar greenhouses impossible. Also requiring stupidly high rear sills and crumplezones make it harder.

this would've sold one to me, instantly....

this thing is gonna look epic and fucking amazing with a nice rocket bunny body kit and some good wheels

epic bro

No turbo. It suffers from a bad case of Miata syndrome: the practicality of a Vette with the fun of a Prius.

Because there’s competition in that price range that does everything better. For example the ecoboost, focus st, wrx, Fiesta st. They all outperform the 86 in basically every way. The 11-14 v6 mustang beat it in a track if that shows you that it can’t even beat them in a corner.