Fuck your electric car

Fuck your electric car

/thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html
enfos.com/blog/2015/06/23/behemoths-of-emission-how-a-container-ship-can-out-pollute-50-million-cars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>imblying electric cars are less polluting

because they are, and the more i see you fags whine about it, the more it brings a smile to my face. you whiny baby boomers need to get with the times.

BTW OP, are you that stupid that you mistakenly made a thread instead of replying to an already existing thread?

the more americans do this the more of them will die from breathing that shit in, keep it up

ok, real talk.
elon is a faggot. no one likes elon. as a result of that no one really likes tesla (and also cuz they're ipads with wheels).
but electric cars are good. great. they have massive torque all the time. you have torque steering to assist in cornering. samurai space magic traction control. you goto sleep with the proverbial tank empty and wake up with it full. they also have a lower center of gravity when compared to ice cars.
plus, and this is my personal favourite part, those damm commie tree huggers have to shut the fuck up. no more emissions cuckoldry. no catalytic chastity belts. no detuned bullshit. just powa, as big and loud as it can be.
it's like how IBM popularised the pc. we just need to hold tight and wait for our IBM.

Prove it

>talking about handling
>4000lb EVs

Electric car doesn't burn fuel.
>But the electric grid that charges the car is dirty
So is the oil extraction/refining/distribution process. And then it goes in your car and creates even more pollution.

Soot generally floats a short distance and settles and then breaks down. Besides soot a diesel engine makes no more emissions than a comparable gas engine.

look I never said they were perfect just that they have the potential to surpass current combustion engines.
now that it's economical viable to sell electric sports cars more companies are going to invest and battery tech is most likely going to improve.
pic related. the thing took up an entire room and has less processing power than your typical wrist watch.

*With a cat converter on
That truck has clearly been modified

Up until recently there hasn't been any particulate filters on diesel engines. A properly running diesel engine produces minimal amounts of soot.

The mining of and refinement of lithium is highly polluting.

Hmm, i wonder why they put filters on them?

Two strokes naturally emit mosquito repellent but recently they've got them running with no trace of smoke

What about all the modified petrol engines out there?

the few tesla charging stations i have seen were pure wind power.

not that they had their own windmill but the substation that they were connected to was only wind turbines.

So is frakking, oil spills and oil refining. What's your point?

>Diesel engines are more polluting than petrol engines! Look at all the icky smoke!
Why is the general populace so fucking unimaginably stupid?

if it worries you so much, stop using lithium.
oil drilling is just undeniably much more polluting because no matter what it will eventually end in the atmosphere. not to mention the countless oilspills every other day

Those are bad too

To remove what little soot they produce obviously, the filters and fluid are prohibitive expensive, and the regeneration cycle can create a whole host of issues.

>stop using lithium

Nigger that's what batteries in cars are made of.

>If it bothers you

It doesn't I have a catless downpipe on my DD and both my fun cars have no catalytic converters.

It's the idea that electric cars are better for the environment, they just trade one evil for another.

Soot can damage cat converters. That's why they must run clean

they are developing aluminum batteries.

lithium mining does not have any effect on the atmosphere, and its mostly in nigger country so what

How do you pass emissions?

This thread again?

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html

>The most staggering statistic of all is that just 16 of the world’s largest ships can produce as much lung-clogging sulphur pollution as all the world’s cars.
>Because of their colossal engines, each as heavy as a small ship, these super-vessels use as much fuel as small power stations.
>But, unlike power stations or cars, they can burn the cheapest, filthiest, high-sulphur fuel: the thick residues left behind in refineries after the lighter liquids have been taken. The stuff nobody on land is allowed to use.

enfos.com/blog/2015/06/23/behemoths-of-emission-how-a-container-ship-can-out-pollute-50-million-cars/

>What is less visible is the near-unfathomable amount of fuel emissions generated by a single container ship – an amount equal to the emissions of 50 million cars. For perspective: The 760 million cars that are currently operating worldwide emit as much sulfur as 15 container ships running at full capacity. There are currently over 6000 massive container ships operating globally and 85,000 commercial cargo ships on top of that.

>low centre of gravity because 1/2 ton of batteries
What a silver lining

Bunkers should all be nuclear

I live in America, no emissions testing in my state, as long as you have some kind of cat visible if they even bother to check, they don't care.

My state mandated the inspection has to cost 21 dollars, shops make jack shit on them unless the turn around is fast.

I live in WA and the emission laws are somewhat strict. I thought there was a federal emission standard?

There are, my car is tuned, the ECU checks are force approved, CEL for anything like emissions is turned off.

State computer checks to make sure all ecu checks are complete and makes sure their are no codes. No visible CEL, cat converter looks to be there. ALL GOOD.

Have fun with your illegal rides while you can. It won't be long until they start doing extensive emission testing in your state too

Mining bauxite to process into aluminum is also terrible for the environment.

Mining is terrible for the environment in general

Fun cars are to old to qualify for sniffers, DD can be changed to catted downpipe and pass a sniffer.

not really, no.

Why not just keep the cat converter if you're going through the trouble of putting one on to pass emissions? The hp gain is barely noticeable

Catless downpipe is cheaper, turbo spools faster, makes more power.

Catback exhaust already has a cat in it.

holky shit your a moron

there is huge loss when you are loading car from electric grin
the amount of raw kj is bigger when burning fuel directly rather than battery
also
>mug batter ty car
you do realize that lithium is a toxic material right ?

so not only you are doubling in the energy loses but also polluting earth when mining lithium

but sure enjoy your 80 miles range

retard

Thanks for the tears OP :^)

guys since I've been reading on this thread that ships pollute so much, can we construct a pie chart to BTFO EVfags once and for all?

How do we tally up all the pollution made by all the ships and planes and put them up against all the pollution made by all the cars? I'm sure it would be a 99:1 split. We just need to show this.

>what is particulate matter
>what is lung cancer
>the earth is flat
Americans are truly a third world country when it comes to education and knowledge

You call me a moron but you can't even spell words as simple as "holy". You're pretty fucking stupid also because there is no such thing as an "electric grin". Are you saying things just to hear yourself talk? Because you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Go huff some diesel soot you mouth breathing retard.

>muh gramaticis superior than yours

yes you literally destroyed my arguments

kys moron

>"Yeah, well you're old and spell bad, I win"

You're clearly the kind of smoothbrain that can't think beyond what is presented directly in front of him. Its more environmentally friendly to buy a second hand petrol burning car, plus all the shit he already mentioned about Lithium. If you Tesla shilling kikes were serious about muh vironment then you would shill for hydrogen kits.

>container ships emit more emissions than cars!
>therefor we should not control or try to improve the emissions of cars
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>we should ruin all of the cars to accomplish......?
>don't worry about the ships each individually emitting 50 million cars' worth of sulfur, goyim, we need you to get in the washing machine car and crush your gas car by monday

stop being difficult, there's no reason we have to focus on one and only one.

You had no arguments, all of it was fallacious ramble you dipshit.

Stay mad.

>kys
come up with something more original you Gen Z scum.

>Its more environmentally friendly to buy a second hand petrol burning car,
More delusions from some retarded petrol apologist. Next you're gonna tell me that diesels are also environmentally friendly. /eyeroll

>If you Tesla shilling kikes were serious about muh vironment then you would shill for hydrogen kits.

Uhh, no? Electric powered vehicles are much more environmentally friendly because you are not polluting the air while burning gas or diesel. Electric cars could eliminate this epidemic that you faggots are causing.

Seriously go end yourself by huffing your exhaust fumes you mouth breather.

There is when it's putting ridiculous strain on car designs to the point of detriment as we've all seen.

so be it, we can't have our cake and eat it too. We fucked up the environment and now we're paying the price.

How pathetic.

>You had no arguments
see
especially the part about having smooth brain
also morons go here
>>>/kys/

NIo is 4000lb

>a 1 ton appliance that needs to be replaced every couple of years is less polluting than a car that can last 100 years

you can't replace the powertrain of this kinda of ship without going nuclear and i think people would be very worried about civil ships with nuclear reactor just sailing freely

same for planes they consume more petrol in one flight than you will in your life time but we can't replace the power train

with cars though it's pretty easy and doable

lol, did you just have a spazam or is your articulation this bad?

You had no argument, you posted nothing but fallacious lies.

Stop huffing the fumes from your shitty ass gasoline powered car you stupid mouth breather.

I'm on it, keep this thread alive

hint: buy a motorcycle. You can still be fast and it takes twice the skill of a car for a fraction of the cost.

But car's only emit 2% of GHG.

"a penny saved is a penny earned", any reduction is a plus.
These titanic ships are not going to disappear as long as we live in a hyperconsumerist society providing a profit motive for such large ships.

You do realize mining for nickle and lithium cause a shit ton of damage to the environment right?

you know that most of the electricity does come from non polluting means

SUPPRESSING FIRE!

Post your cute boi trucks if you got them

Whoops, i left out the planes, but the ships alone made the point

>Sulfur pollution is the only form of pollution
>what is particulate matter, what is nitrous oxides, what is carbon monoxide, what is ozone
>co2 muh global warming too

>Masterbait

>flawed logic

Pretty cute my dude

I would like to see the amount of crap a volcano puts into the air.

Sulfur and shit tons of green house gasses.

you can't really replace them by anything else unlike cars
same goes for planes

If I remember a large eruption can put out more greenhouse gasses in one day than humanity did throughout our entire existence

id take an electic car over a worthless lifted brotruck any time of the day.

y tho?

>any reduction is a plus.
Not true. We should strive to get the most reduction per buck.

Last time i checked we don't burn nickle and lithium

Yes we do. These elements are found in coal.

That's mainly sulfur dioxide. Although they are a very bad pollutant it is not a green house gas. In fact it has the opposite effect. The impact of volcanic eruptions in recent times equate to 1% of green house gases produced by human activity.

Ok, but EVs don't burn coal

What else do you expect from a society that shuns knowledge and intelligence, and celebrates ignorance?

>like who the fuck would even know that, ew you fucking nerd

Yes they do. Either in Chinese coal plants that power their solar-cell factories, or in USA coal plants that provide a recharge.

Yes you can

The only reason they use bunker fuel on these ships is because its extremely fucking cheap (because its the leftover crap when gasoline/diesel/etc. has been extracted from oil), these ships are more than capable of using diesel/natural gas as fuel (in fact, they often use those when entering/leaving ports because of existing air quality regulations, and then switch to bunker fuel when they reach the open ocean)

Just ditching bunker fuel would immediately drop global air pollution by a significant amount, but good luck regulating what ships can do in international waters.

You're retarded, Hydrogen puts nothing back into the air other than water you fuck. Even mining the nickel and shit to do it is less harmful than lithium mining and acid. Do you even know what cause you are advocating for or are you retarded enough to take "muh 'lectricity" at total face value?

>Hydrogen puts nothing back into the air other than water you fuck.

more retarded delusion.

>Do you even know what cause you are advocating for or are you retarded enough to take "muh 'lectricity" at total face value?

Electricity is more safer and less pollutant that gas, diesel and hydrogen combined. Even assembling them dont hurt the environment at all.

Stay retarded.

The 85 kWh battery pack weighs 1,200 lb (540 kg) and contains 7,104 lithium-ion battery cells in 16 modules wired in series (14 in the flat section and two stacked on the front).

>wanting to use precious fresh water on fueling cars
do people not realise the water crisis we face in the next 10 years?

>loud
>electric vehicle

>dumb and fat amerimutt thread #846453

There are few vehicles I want more than a propane injected Cummins to make me cummy

So you pretty much agree then

No we cant

>Fuck your electric car /thread
>Fuck your electric car thread
>Fuck, your electric car thread
>Fuck your electric, car thread

Just make it illegal to produce, possess, and sell bunker fuel

>world trade: fuck it
>*builds trans-ocean rail lines*