If distracted driving is so dangerous, why aren't phones locked after they move past a certain mph...

If distracted driving is so dangerous, why aren't phones locked after they move past a certain mph? I don't care if passengers can't use their phones if it means drivers can't either. Also, infotainment systems should go black until the wheels are stopped, no exceptions.

Because freedom

If driving over the speed limit is illegal and dangerous why not remotely limit a car's max speed through GPS?

Suck an asshole nigger

I actually agree with this, though not remotely. All street-legal cars that aren't registered for and physically on a track should be manufactured to limit at 95mph.

lobbyists exist to make sure things like this will never happen

not to benefit us, ofc, but the manufacturers

How do manufacturers benefit if their consumer base is dying from their products?

They're already not getting sued over it. When people drive distracted, the driver is punished. Nobody is losing sales due to distracted driving. What will happen is that people wont buy the product that locks them out over a certain speed.

It's like smoking. Of course their product kills you, but they still want you to keep smoking.

What we need is more government regulation, as much as I really hate to say it. People, especially dumb asses in today's world, shouldn't be capable of obtaining a phone that operates on any network if it doesn't have a screen shutoff and lockout system over 30 miles an hour. On a train/bus/in a taxi/etc.? Too bad. People aren't going to stop buying phones because all phones will lock them out, just like people won't stop buying cars with seatbelts if all cars have seatbelts.

Honestly I feel like all driving should be autonomous at this point. Fuck whatever bullshit you have against autonomous driving, I'm tired of dealing with stupid fucks on the road, let my car taxi me where I want to go without the stress or worry of Sally driving the wrong way down the freeway because she's too wrapped up in her Instagram drama.

have you considered moving to europe? no use making it worse over here when Europe is already pretty statist to begin with

i agree user, big daddy government should make more laws, chains are safety

THIS
If you lack the American spirit, that's fine, but instead of attempting to shape America to fit your ideals, move to a country more suited to your ideals.

But the twisties are the only thing keeping me alive user

>tired of america being run by oligarchs while everyone is distracted by perpetual divisive issues
>just move to a place where people talk a completely different language
>just move to a place where people hate americans

Good. It's the last bastion of natural seelction besides motorcycles.

Fuck, let's make motorcycles mandatory. Free ZX-10Rs for everyone!

>just move to a place where people hate americans

thats any other country than america pleb

>What we need is more government regulation,
fukc off bernie, you lost. get over yourself

True, however, you're really gimped by having English as your first language, it makes learning other languages hard. Then there's the fact that you're educated to a lower standard and offended by everything, so enjoy people walking on eggshells and treating you like a retard for the rest of your life.

You Americans should best stay in America, unless you really really hate it. You got 52 states, each one is like a little country of its own, there should be a satisfactory one for you, and there's always Canada.

i have a fast car that can go well over 95 miles and hour and i paid good fucken money to go over that speed just so that at any time im in ur world i hit 95 i max out fuck that id rather jump out the car at that speed cuz i wouldnt want to live in that world. fuck that i wanna go fast and burn rubber all i want cuz i worked for it and god bless america

>hurr I paid to go faster
Do it on a track, nobody else paid for you to be a cunt, but they will pay the price once you lose control and ram them off the road.

>F-For safety!

How about we remove shit drivers from the roads instead

You can do this by improving public transit and urban planning so retards who have to drive to get to work/walmart/etc no longer have to even own a car. Little do Americans know, the first step to doing this is privatizing transit and city planning instead of operating a tax-funded (read: shoestring budget) operation

>It's the last bastion of natural seelction
Not if you're killing other people. That's like saying drunk driving is natural selection when the drunk runs a red light and slams into innocent victims.

Is your frontal lobe damaged?

Sadly, safety standards have made it this way. The car that collides with something gets off fairly well. it used to be that only the person getting hit had any chance of surviving because the other guy had a steering column where his heart used to be.

That's why you start handing out literbikes to welfare recipients

>it gets pretty good gas mileage, easy on the throttle and you'll get 45mpg or something. you're welcome.

>links to an objectively correct post

The least safe part of driving is people who are neither qualified to do it, nor interested in being qualified, nor interested in doing it. They're forced to by the retarded society America has set up and they hate it, hence they're on their phones all the time and hence they speed and weave through thick traffic like they want to get off the road ASAP.

If you want to make the roads genuinely safer, remove the unsafe objects (2000lb+ missiles operated by idiots). Then the people who want to drive, like to drive, and know how to drive can go 95-200mph in peace.

A good question. The biggest speed limit in the USA is 85, so there's no reason for a car sold here to be able to go over 90.

DA,COMRADE

>captcha UNITED Polizei

*roots phone*
*blasts past you while texting Staceys*
nothing personnel kiddo

I have been in an emergency where I needed to go over 100 mph to avoid a possible accident, and I don't even drive that much outside of urban areas, that idea is retarded. If we raise it to ~110-120 mph, maybe. I still don't like the idea of my car being locked down.

>What we need is more government regulation
Go to europe, statist

Move to Britain.
And apparently you hate Americans too; you’ll fit in just swimmingly over there.

>turns off location

Get a load of all these faggot commies begging for more regulation.

kys

>why aren't phones locked after they move past a certain mph?
Ever heard of trains? How can you be so dumb?

This is why when self driving cars hit the road we need multiple tiers of drivers license. To actually get a manually operated car with no crash preventing sensors and light weight because youll die if you crash it, your practical exam should be around a track covered with pop out obstacles and you have to be able to do it in a time limit and you have to be able to control your skids.

The earth is constantly moving

lmao, look at all these kiddies falling for the bait

I'd just like to know why cops are allowed to be on laptops while they drive

>driver goes 55mph
>passengers can't use their phone

yea smart idea opee

>52 states

europe is one big fag country

What's an actual argument against this besides muh freedom? I 100% do not agree with limiting the top speed but that's because I'm obviously biased against it since I like goin fast. In what cases do you NEED to actually go above 95MPH? Outrunning a storm or being chased by baddies is the only thing that immediately comes to mind.

what cases do you NEED more than 60mph?

sometimes its just fun to jet it m8

I see absolutely nothing wrong with blazing down 100 miles of desert in Utah at 100mph

If your car can handle it and it's literally an empty stretch of road with no real hazards then its only a problem because we deem it one

Muh freedom is the only needed argument.
You could live well on a human version of dog pellets, get anywhere in a VW Up, only watch state approved TV programs and you only NEED to access certain websites and you only need the internet in the library.