/rsg/ RuneScape general

Survey edition

Jagex is currently running a SURVEY (not a poll) to help them determine what their focus for the next year (roughly) should be. Make sure to fill it out. More info can be found at services.runescape.com/m=news/the-big-runescape-survey-2018?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Previous thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,136,65929781

1st for Evolution of Cocks sucks

How the fuck can slayer have such a huge lead? I thought everyone hated 120 slayer

Why are ledditors so obsessed with drop rates?
Knowing if a pet is 1/20k or 1/30k doesn't change anything at all

Because it doesn't feel like a classic skill such as mining or woodcutting. It has actual variety (at least compared to other skills) within the skill itself and actually provides some kind of reward. Probably the same reason dungeoneering's in second place. I'm more surirprised magic and fishing are ranked so highly

Magic is very well designed in that it has combat and utility applications.
Prayer too is like this but for some reason it's not even top 10.

I love 120, honestly. It's pretty barren past 99, with only kopipe monsters and a crappy boss. But it gives validity and potential reward to keep training.

As a skill, people love slayer because they love being told what to do.
And slayer has been formed into something that allows them to control what they're being told to do. Points, VIP tickets, block/prefs.
It's a power play to order around their tedium.

Play by the rules to get told what you want to kill, become efficient in killing anything on your list of likes. And get XP from it.
What's not to love?

>doesn't change anything at all
Exactly, so why can't we know? :^)

Slayer is what wowtards and faggots who play the mmmos derivative of it think quests are
so of course it's popular, it's all they now of gameplay.

I think people like slayer because it allows multiple methods to train that are usually pretty decent experience and for the most part profitable which cannot be said for a majority of skills and that's variety.
You can't go fishing for trout at 98 fishing and expect to have anywhere near worthwhile compared to the higher training methods but Slayer gives players a reason to go kill mobs they usually wouldn't care about because it adds incentive in the form of points to spend and profit.

They only do that to make (you) mad
Maybe they'd tell you if you didn't whine about it every single day :^)

Looks fine. Weird but fine. They've found some demon they love ranging, and care not to do anything else. Probably siblings or some shit.

I can't exactly think of any demon worth ranging besides demon flash mobs though. Maybe kalgs with accuracy aura, maybe. But they've no dungeoneering.
Maybe kril. But isn't GWD locked behind quests or something? And better to mage anyway?
Demon flash mobs? That's just downright silly.

>Statlets
How can wh1tebo1s even compete?

Why are you bullying new players?
Sure, I can see posting screens of higher levels in weird, confusing outfits. Particle messes are funny too. Maybe even autism optimal overkill on smaller monsters to pick on wasted resources.
But these things are to be expected.

Bullying is the best way to help someone be motivated.
Besides, anyone with quest points that low is subhuman, there's no excuse.

Well yeah, bullying in person.
Spotlighting them for others isn't exactly motivating for anyone without an exhibitionism fetish.

It's entertaining though and maybe it motivates the lurkers a little bit.
It can't be stressed enough that you should have a quest cape before any 99s.

Now that's a little silly. A nice goal, and certainly understandable. But skill levels are the fire for most people. I wouldn't make them put it off just for the quest cape.
Prif and other key reward quests are a given, though.

There are very, very few quests that aren't worth doing in some way, if only because of the xp reward, ignoring the fact that runescape's quests are the best part.
Even very lategame quests like sliske's endgame are extremely important, with a reward of 1m xp, and streamlining hunter massively and providing a moderate universal boost to xp/hr

Oh I agree. It's just not worth picking off every single one as soon as possible. Getting a few 99s without ALL of them done is fine.

Seeing questlets makes me motivated to keep doing quests to get my sweet cape.

>those QP
Disgusting

Quests are gay af don't @ me nigga

This option made me laugh for some reason.

> If you could change one thing about the RuneScape combat system, what would it be? [OPTIONAL]
What did ya'll put?

are protean cogs worth the xp or should I turn them into something else?

Where do you view results of survey?

Make Strength and Defense actually do something.

Invention xp is free as fuck so no reason to use protean on it.

I put "TICKS. REMOVE."

Even though I know they're too incompetent to do it.

New content doesn't use the tick system, theres just so much legacy code runs off it flat out removing it for everyone would be a whole new game level undertaking
The new RS Remastered probably has it removed.

"Make it so melee and ranged can compete with magic's 4 tick auto attack please jagdaddy"

Apart from a Nox staff and Dreads what should I change about my gear for pushing past Telos 150% enrage. I eventually want to get to 500% =(

Either make equip switching impossible in-combat or make it drain all your adrenaline.
Get fucked "pvmers".

Edgy.

perks on maxcape?
isnt kilncape better statwise?
are familiars not allowed at telos?
those look like achto booties be sure you dont suffer from tank armour syndrome

Defence Stre and Attack, yes the Kiln is better but that defence cape is vital. Yes familiars are allowed and no I don't plan on going full Primeval.

rocktail soups/juju gumbo
a dose of weapon poison++ before you set off never hurt nobody
if you find your shield switching interrupts your dual wielding abilities try a rebounder

Nah shield abilities have been fine so far, was thinking of a rebounder regardless and I have the weapon poison on the bottom next to the Excal. Also didn't know Juju gumbo was a thing, ty.

So the best way to level up prayer is using the elf crystals while you are at juju pot effect?

Thats the most afk, fastest is still top bones on gilded altar

and the cheapest?

Bonecrusher, slayer and a lot of alcohol.

kek'd

Good evening, /rsg/, I will be your co-DPS tonight.

water u reparting him for

>160 qp
How?

Take a guess.

Remove defensives from global cooldown

>two worst skills are the most popular

>one is WoW quests
>other is a minigame

Really makes you think

>Deathtouch Bracelet
What the fuck is going on!

I cant afford ascensions are shadow glaives okay to use?

Not if you plan on using bane

Yes

>using the abyssal lurker's special move to stay at the prif elves constantly

How long does the boost last

If i never played wow before and like slayer?

dreadnips, if you were a big baller you could augment your ee with aftershock

stat decay is 1 per minute iirc
first decay is sometimes faster

You augment a wand, but most of the reason you bring a yak is because you have guthix staff, a wand, and dreadnips with you.

Getting 80 div is suicidal

I said to make tank armor worth using because it's stupid to have an entire class of armors useless in the majority of cases. I didn't bother talking about ticks because they already confirmed that it will never happen.

just pop on a few good movies/tv shows and it's bearable

It's sometimes faster first because decay rate is constant.
Happens every minute at the same time. From exactly when you log in, not from when you boost.

Pretty sure actho is worth using though. With a defender at least.
Boosting attack based on shield tier, chance to reset defensive cooldowns.

what the fuck is this shit?

this guy stole my loot from warbands.
farming is such fun skill like everyone want to be a farmer.

Mod Moltare

you got GOT

Some sort of MLP reference, I'm told.

Ports random event
Doesn't mean nothing

you got weegee'd

ports is full of mlp references. a lot of the islands are named after the characters.

How does one steal loot? I thought you only could loot from the tents?

If you die you lose your loot and the guy who killed you can pick it up

Then how does that qualify as stealing when it's a pvp activity? the poor man had to eat

There's a world for dungeon? or everyone just do sinkholes?

I mean there's no one in DG worlds

yes and yes

>but ideas include Necromancy, Sailing or Archaeology
Let's say one get's done. What one would you want out of these potential 3.

All I want is to summon spoopy skellies

>this guy stole my loot from warbands.
noob.

Necromancy as a elite skill based on summ, prayer and magic

N O

Necromancy would just be reskinned Summoning
Sailing already exists
Archaeology seems a bit pointless

Yeah, that's why I said in the majority of cases, not in all cases. There is only a small percentage of players that have Achto, so the utility of tank armor across the entire playerbase is very low. Since it's limited to only a single set for each style, there is also a large number of useless armor sets. There's no reason for tank armor to be a niche end-game equipment class. If this isn't resolved before the mining/smithing rework, all of the new sets will be DOA.

Necromancy
Create ritual sites
Sacrifice monsters on them
Get evil buffs, including undead/demons/horrors that can be used alongside normal familiars
Huge drawbacks like halved HP, reduced accuracy, adrenaline fuckery etc.

hey can i join ur clan pls

ye

You wouldn't fuck a skeleton.

Idea for a new elite skill or just replace Firemaking with this skill called Science.unless somebody has a more high-fantasy toned alternative.
Unlocked after reaching level 40 or or 30?or even 25? in all normal skills, additional high-level stuff unlocked for each skill upon reaching 90, tied to the Ports characters.

Invention is an item boosting skill, so Science is a skill boosting skill.
Some utilities and examples.
Able to gain passive boosts or changes Called "Talents", both permanent & temporary, to your skills.
>While cleaning herbs you have a chance to find rare mutations that can be turned in at Biologist for extra xp.
>Replace one coal with extra ore to gain refined bars, smelting & smithing refined bars gives X% extra xp.
Able to replicate a skillboosting items to be a passive, some permanent, some activated.
>Can study the cooking/goldsmithing/chaos gauntlets to co-opt their effect
>Can study potion types to create catalysts, with various effects, for said potion type.
Capable of comboing skills for small boosts both temporarily & permanently.
>Attack & Str levels now contribute a small boost to mining success chance dependent on level.
>Agility now contributes a small accuracy bonus to melee & ranged weapons

Part 1/2
Gimme some critique & suggestions.

Leveling method of the skill would be task based, like slayer, these tasks require you to do certain skill combinations. You can choose from multiple tasks when taking one, if you continuously ignore certain skill or combination, they will award boosted xp gains when you finally do them
>Study ore quality and resulting alloy strength. Mine X amount of Y ore, then smelt them into bars and craft A amount of platebodies and B amount of claws. Bonus objective is to slay Z amount of hard shelled creatures with the items, all drops are donated and xp is awarded
>In order to study the link between Praying & Divination, use X amount of items that grant Prayer xp & acquire Y memories from Divination locations. Bonus objective is to sacrifice A Prayer items at Ectofuntus and score 100 points in Guthix Cache
Small Aka not efficient. amounts of experience could also be gained by
>donating research materials, which have to be acquired yourself, traded mats wont work
>just skilling in general, more exp gained for using materials that have not been traded

The core method of aquiring the boosts that are now referred to as "Talents", is Majoring & Minoring
Minors are acquired first and can then be further studied into Majors
The process begins by undertaking a Minor task, which is an extended task that requires many objectives to be completed regarding the skill being Minored in
Once a player has a Minor in skill, they can undertake a Major task in the same skill, which is very hefty set of tasks regarding the skill being Majored in
If a player abandons their Major/Minor in a skill, it can be re-acquired more easily. Costing a players choice of tasks, resources & time
Players can have 2-3 Majors & 3-5 Minors depending on level.
Major allows you 3-6 talent slots, depending on level
Minor allows you 1-3 talent slots, depending on level
Talent slots are what limits how many boosts a skill can have at once, talent cost varies with the power of the effect.

let ranged and melee keybind autoattack

>high-fantasy
I don't think runegame really counts as high fantasy.

t. leet pvmer

Still a more fitting name is needed.

Archaeology

The production aspect of it could introduce "scrolls" that boost xp, luck, adrenaline gain, health from food, skilling rate, etc.
"Lost Techniques" would be high end permanent unlocks similar to the DG rewards. Like the ability to make a 'compact whetstone' a consumable item that sharpens your weapon for increased damage/accuracy like a potion (there'd be other items for ranged/magic)

The real endgame stuff would be restoring divine artifacts. Hard to come by items (maybe even requiring a rare component obtained from a monster drop) and provide a significant benefit. Like an item that allows a helmet to be augmented. Or a 'gizmo' that provides a rare perk combination