/LG/ - Lada General

/LG/ - Lada General

Previous thread: Welcome: Cars from ex-Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and the old Communist Bloc.

Get comfy, post experiences, advice and pictures of your commie shitboxes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y2jEgSU4h8c?t=6
archive.4plebs.org/o/search/subject/commie car periodically/type/op/
youtube.com/watch?v=1CxeFGs5MfY
youtube.com/watch?v=jCnHe1yGbWA
youtube.com/watch?v=6se7UKjARmY
youtube.com/watch?v=5kQNgZiPvAk
youtube.com/watch?v=71AahBd3d84
youtube.com/watch?v=duoUwYVzLZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=LO162KPPV48
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb4vpnfkENU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gonna take my new () for a spin tomorrow lads (about 2x180 km). I'm excite.

New Lada I mean. Fuck

best Volga

>Volga in Gdansk.jpg
>Lithuanian license plate
makes u think

Kind of new to ladas but what is a normal price range for the ex KGB rotary powered ladas?

Why are you so keen on getting a rotary powered one?

>tfw Lada general has more success than my /CCP/ threads

Never even saw a /CCP/ thread to begin with, no offense lad. Why not just get active here then?

youtu.be/y2jEgSU4h8c?t=6

That would be 20 years in Gulag, assuming you wouldn't die there.
In other words, damn near impossible to get, wrap it up and go to Russia to get one.
Who?

I had a few of 'em.
archive.4plebs.org/o/search/subject/commie car periodically/type/op/

Oh boy they're pretty dead indeed. I'm sorry user, you're always welcome here tho~

Of course. Soviet Satellite countries are welcome here. Soviet Union, best union. European Union, worst union. Amarite? :^)

Commencing Skoda dump.

Interesting(ish) fact on OP's pic - the car was registered in Hull (KH). Ladas were imported into the UK through Hull docks and were stored and prepared at Carnaby which is not far away from Hull.

My grandpa had a Lada 1200 - OEE 145S -
which he bought new in 1978 or thereabouts. After the Soviet Union collapsed the Russian sailors bought just about every scrap Lada they could get from the breakers yards in Grimsby (where I grew up) to take home and sell.
For a couple of years all the Russian vessels left port with dozens of shagged out old Ladas lashed down as deck cargo.

No, the only thing that was good about the SU was the cars

Russian excellency.

You are like baby, watch this.
>Lada Classic first shown in 2002
>mostly based on the RWD Lada
>1.7L engine
>Possible sedan variant coming VAZ-2152
This would have been pretty cool car and being RWD. Unfortenately, it died since it was cheaper just to continue production of VAZ 2107.

RIP

Bump

bump

Dumping some "Eastern-Porsche" pics

this is the coupe-version of the 1000MB (MBX)

Somebody actually owns a Trabant here?
How wide are the front seats in cm? Because i'm a big guy (=fat), and i'm worried, that i couldn't fit in the car, because there's not much room in there... I didn't found any information about the size of the seats on the internet, so i'd appreciate, if somebody could just measure the seats in his Trabant

For comparison, i can easily fit in the Lada 2105's front seats, so should i be even worried about the Trabant's seats?

Finally changed the windshield wiper engine. Soviet made motor failed, Hungary made failed and finally some brandless probably-chinese-sweatshopshit works. Cost me about 50€. Now I have to investigate, why the car is not running properly. It is unable to idle, it will stall.

Sure it isn't just cold?

It did this while it has been inside in a warm garage for a week now. The engine block should be a bit warm. I do think that there is definetly something wrong with the engine. Never ending project to get it run nicely.

I mean, it makes sense for it to stall when you start it up cold. It needs 5-10 minutes to warm up completely before it can run stationary without stalling.

Hmm, I guess I have no idea how to make it idle then. I have never done the thing they recommend with these. Run it with choke for a couple of minutes to warm up (or even longer) and then it should be fine. I don't have much experience with cars so I really don't know how to run these carburator powered cars. They are totally different to fuel injection, since they do choke automatically?

Dunno about the detailed technics but yeah, the choke should do the trick. In my 2106 there is a button under the steering wheel. I start up the car, give it a bit of throttle, pull the button and release the clutch. It then just runs stationary for as long as you want it to so it can warm up.

Shame that they left but also nice to know that they are still likely running somewhere else instead of being laughed at and mistreated by Brits.
One thing is that in the UK the values have skyrocketed. In the late 1990s they were practically being given away but now Nivas and Rivas are making meme money.

The windshield wiper engines were pretty garbage unfortunately, many of them didn't worked, even when the cars were relatively new
>It is unable to idle, it will stall
Maybe the carburetor's idle system is dirty. I wouldn't recommend fucking with it, if you don't know, what you're doing tho...
There are car specific carb cleaner kits, those maybe come with instructions.
Or you could just buy a carb, that is in good condition (i don't think, that Lada carbs are that expensive). Put it in the car, and then, you'll have a spare carb, that you can play around with. Learn, how it works, and then try to dissassembly, and put it together. At least, that's my advice...
Good luck with your car, Ladanon

Yeah, maybe I'm hoping too much since the engine block is made out of casted iron. It just doesn't feel right when the car is making such massive amount of smoke which is why I'm quite concern if it is running properly. Could be a the effect from not having a catalytic converter there.
>Or you could just buy a carb, that is in good condition (i don't think, that Lada carbs are that expensive). Put it in the car, and then, you'll have a spare carb, that you can play around with.
That doesn't sound too bad of an idea since I'm a such a noobie. I'll have to look into that. After all, quantity over quality. Sometime its just easier that way but I'm interested to see how this carburetor works because it's quite essential part of the car.

Thanks for the advice.

It's alright if it produces a little smoke. As long as it's not blue, that is. What I do is just enable the choke (pull the button) and slightly press it again to lower the RPM the car makes while warming up. Also saves you in fuel. I usually warm up my car around 1000-1500 RPM.

In other news, I just had my first ABS skid lads!

Waiting to be a lawyer so I can afford to import rare foreign sports cars.

Is it easier to import from EU? If it is you should look into the Baltic States, Hungary etc., plenty of cheap Ladas that nobody uses

I'm in the US and its hard to import cars over to the state I live in, anything built past 1972 has to meet my states air quality standards.

>1L inline 3
>still sounds better than most modern engines

>Not including any video
youtube.com/watch?v=1CxeFGs5MfY
Fun fact: the exact same engine was used in the Warburg 353, and the Barkas B1000. The only difference was the carburetor: In the Melkus, they replaced the single carb with 3 carbs for each cylinder...
It's incredible, that a single engine can be used in a family car, in a van, and in a sport car with almost zero modifications

>3 carbs for each cylinder
Sorry, i phrased it stupidly, what i meant, that in the Melkus, there was 3 carbs: one for each cylinder
More videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=jCnHe1yGbWA
youtube.com/watch?v=6se7UKjARmY
youtube.com/watch?v=5kQNgZiPvAk
youtube.com/watch?v=71AahBd3d84
youtube.com/watch?v=duoUwYVzLZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=LO162KPPV48
And finally: an almost 30 minute onboard video for background "music"
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb4vpnfkENU

russkifags flooding this thread lol
ladas suck ass dont even bother at that shit. i live in 2nd world russia and those cars, when they were popular, were absolute shite. even the ''reliable'' 4x4 suv was shit

GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

At least it's easy to repair unlike modern cars.

man.. I miss my niva!

Yeah, that's going to be hard kek

This one looks like 1/1 scale hot wheels car