How active is the car culture in your area?

How active is the car culture in your area?

>live in rich suburb in Texas
>around midnight on most nights
>hear screaming engines in the distance: V6s, V8s, and V10s
>they're going absolutely full throttle up into 4th gear
>cops occasionally do small highway pull races with some people
>sports cars fucking everywhere
>brotrucks are about half of the traffic
>every neighborhood has at least a couple ricers

I'd say it's pretty good here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3OwXfizZLo
youtu.be/0fsKzrpBI98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>engine noise deep into the night
>somehow this is a good thing
Do all you people have no jobs?

I work the night shift.

georgia, caucasus
>old bimmbers and mercs chewing down tires all day errday

>Maryland
>nothing but shitbox Civics, Impreza hatchbacks, and the occasional Z
>cops will pull you over for going 5 over
>bikes are the only choice for people that like to go over 100mph since they can outrun a Taurus SHO or Explorer police interceptor
>inline 4 straight piped without resonator revved to 6k at 2 in the morning through suburbs, can’t get any sleep
>only real meet that happens is in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, but it has the best cars in Maryland and they race to the national mall in DC 10 miles away
Pretty shitty overall, but that one meet in Oxon Hill is pretty fun. Happens once a week.

>cape Breton island
>boomer with classic occasionally
>riced Cavaliers/Sunfires/Civics/Cobalts
>sports cars are few and far inbetween
>small group of hektic winter rally bois
Winter is best hoonery weather

>grey shitboxes
>silver shitboxes
>black shitboxes
>white shitboxes
>occasionally a riced out shitbox appears, usually some kinda of VAG product
>everything has a tiny engine, usually diesel
>except for the """"work"""" trucks (usually RAM 1500s which look comically huge on the streets)
>sometimes hear motorbikes going at it in the distance at night

Cincinnati fag here, its alright
>mid town Ohio race track
>traders world autocross every month during the summer
>Edgewater dragstrip is pretty busy in the summer
>great car meet in northern cincy at a coffee shop called fuel.
>hundred or so guys bring all kinds of stuff, everything from noble m600's to jaguar e types.
>cincy auto expo
>bump tops car meet in the city, 10pm to 3am
>people getting hektik out in old industrial roads and stuff
>good mountain roads in Kentucky, hear people tear down highway 17 regularly, I used to do it in my miata, haven't done it since I got the rx7 tho since its tires are barely safe for dry pavement
>cops rarely pull ppl over for speeding
> tons of brotrucks

Melbourne, Australia
>Lebanese/Wogs/Bogans drive lowered Holden Commodores and make them as loud as possible
>Patriotic Australians drive Ford Falcons
>Asians and Indians drive JDM, 90+% of which are non-turbo

what city you in? i'm just on the outskirts of SA and i hear noiseis all day, but cops doing highwayy pull races seems a lil hard to believe

>some young guys driving beat-to-fuck Volvos, Audis and Volkswagens that just drive laps around town and hang around at the gas station, drinking coffee and talking
>a few offroaders
>a small amount of older guys who are into amcar and old stuff in general
>30+ big group of 40-65 year old guys on mostly old norwegian Tempo mopeds who go on bi-weekendly trips around the municipiality, where they have several pitstops to barbeque, drink coffee and talk shit

Minnesota
>small town
>there’s literally 4 factions if you will
>brotruck
>boomers
>wannabe muscle
>ricers

>brotrucks do coal rolling day and night until cops tell them to fuck off

>boomers bring their barely functioning rusted shit heap in and circlejerk over them

>wannabe muscle are the people who get “muscle cars” such as V6 mustangs V6 Camaros and so on

>ricers well you know them they are the fags with “turboed” ( really just out a CAI in it) scion Xb’s and Toyota celicas

Funny thing is at car meets we’re all pretty civilized except to ricers which we all agree are subhuman scum as long as we don’t step on each others toes too often we are usually pretty nice to each other about our builds

There's people who browse Veeky Forums in Minnesota? I thought the car culture here is pretty dead, besides the usual muscle car shows and C&C. I live in Maple Grove and you never see any neat cars, mostly bimmers and mercs.

>south tampa, the comfiest place on earth
>everyone has money
>everyone except me of course
>lots of sportscars
>I take advantage of this by selling small businesses websites, make a bunch doing so
>every kid gets a v6 mustang at 16, or a jeep, or a bmw, or something of that sort
>they think they are the HOTTEST SHIT OF ALL TIME
>I drive an 07 cayman S, bought it myself and it's one of my proudest achievements
>"WHOA NICE PORSH BRO, BUT MY V6 MUSTANG WILL KICK YOUR ASS"
>only other serious car enthusiast on my street is a 17 year old who drives his dad's 2016 STI
>I don't mind because he actually knows what his car is and cares for it 24/7

It might be because I'm a senior in high school and there's a car culture I haven't found yet, but that's what it's like among my peers at least

Fuck Tampa

>rural Germany
The only people who are interested in cars here are retarded hillbillys that put fartcans on their GTIs. Fortunately I'm moving soon.

estonia
>100-300 car meets weekly in major cities
>streetraces with mostly the same crowd weekly in a secret location
>dirt cheap races and track days with no safety requirements
>most motorsports by far is rally with no safety requirements
>most people who shit around parkinglots blast music drive audi
>most people who race and do meets are bimmers and such
>normies hate cars

Newfoundland, Canada
Nothing but lifted trucks, civics and sunfires
Why do I live here?

i work twice as hard for half the pay and I hoon whenever I can cause my car is meant to be driven not to be a comfortable way to get to work.

>Rural Maritimes
>mostly Hondas and Toyota's
>Lifted Trucks
>no cops so I get the occasional race
>comfy driving on an empty road

>I don't have money
>I drive cayman S
Fuck off and pay for my brigdeport you faggot

>Massachusetts
>ricers and old ppl

This coupled with Balkan fags and turk scum driving bmws or sometimes civics

>IS IN HIGHSCHOOL
>BUYS A 10 YEAR OLD CAYMAN ($30k)
>IS BUTTHURT ABOUT NOT BEING A MULTIBAJILLIONAIRE
Wew some kids need perspective.

it was 17k guys, chill. I pay for everything about this car; it's my life

>northern Michigan
Old people with hot rods everywhere. Lots of muscle cars, garunteed to see some classics anytime you go downtown. A few factory restored pre-war classics and in the trashy part of town is some ricers (Cavalier with body kit tier) and rusted out 70's land barges. Other than that its lifted fullsize trucks driven by angry short rednecks

When I was in highschool I couldn't afford to eat.
But you bought a car worth more than the majority of Veeky Forums has, and you are butt hurt about being poor.

30k is about 27,000$ more than my first car was kys richfag
That's why you should pay for my Bridgeport and throw in some NOS while you're at it

its garbage,people dont bother learning anything past what the driver lessons teach them for the most part,they dont care about improving their car or their skills,they only want a shitbox to move around.

living in 3rd world sucks bros

My first car was at 18 and cost $4.5k.
It was a hooped example of an 11 year old sports car.
It was great, except when cunts would oo and awww and say how lucky I was, when they were driving something that cost more, and was less needy.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3OwXfizZLo

Link very related. A car show at a local festival held every year.

mostly ricer boys on benefits or the occasional driveway mechanic

my first car was a 98 camry. I paid $500 for it that I made washing dishes at a summer camp. I put 9.5k down on this car which I saved for two years, and pay about $250 a month plus car insurance for this car. I run my own business in my free time(making websites, dropshipping, and doing social media management) and, okay aside from rent(which is coming very soon; I am on the hook to pay for university/room & board and will likely have to sell my car), am entirely financially independent. My car is the ONE THING in my life that I actually spend money on. Not fancy clothes, not a nice PC, just maintenance and small aesthetic mods.

I'm also planning on de-badging it because no one cares that it's an amazing car for the money, and only see the badge on the front. I just wanted a fast and cool looking car, and got way more than I bargained for.

ignore them its just salty busrider children being upset.
love your car and love driving it.
t. someone who wanted to buy my own car or pay dad back but dad insisted on getting me a car worth less than 15k and more than 10k out of my sub 1k monthly wage

Lots of JDM/Tuner meets around the GTA. Tracks to the east and to the west of Toronto.

seeI'm really not in it for the image, it's just a crazy fun car to drive and I drove a beater camry for two years with no AC in central florida to save up enough to buy one.

Also the speaker in my first car was entirely broken; pic related fit in the cupholder and became my soundsystem until that too broke

>TFW this coukd be me if I weren't such an uncreative moron
Y-you should still help with my build user p-please

I highly doubt there's anything I could help you with that you haven't already seen.

all i hear and see in terms of car """culture""" is riced out fartbox-having hatchbacks with spotty retards driving them

i fucking hate this town

i live in Beverly Hills and enjoy watching rich Persians drive expensive cars

I need 5,000$ to get my car ready for autocross next yr

>go on google maps
>find businesses that dont have websites, or shitty ones
>go in with an offer in hand to make one for them for $100 and host it for $30 a month including """maintenance"""
>pirate a wordpress theme
>buy them a domain
>build site, takes three hours tops
>"""maintain""" said site for $30 a month
>rinse and repeat

ez car money

Finland
>older guys like to cruise around with 60s-70s american v8 cars in the summer time
>younger guys like to do skids around town in the winter time with shitty old volvos, mercs, bimmers and such in friday/saturday nights

And that's pretty much it.

>in your area
nothing

a few younglings that drive from time to time, the only thing active here is the Ring, and even that is about 35 km from "my area"
in the summer we have many bikers here.

>some young guys driving beat-to-fuck Volvos, Audis and Volkswagens that just drive laps around town and hang around at the gas station, drinking coffee and talking
gas stations are my favorite places to chill at

I live next to a drag strip. That and subie backfires never stop

I live near Charlotte NC. Can't swing a dead cat around your head without hitting a fucking greasy hick driving a riced-out 90s honda.

within 1km radius of where I live
engine tuning shop - lots of v8 - esp for drag racing
rotary tuning shop - turbo BWAAAAAAAPPPPP
two automotive paint shops
two automotive garages
turning and fitting workshop
tire store
upholsterer
sign writer

really activates my desire to modify the shit out of muh car
but its a sleepy town and most of the good cars a hidden away most of the year
only really hear commodores and old Nissan (r31 & 300ZX) honing and doing mini burnouts
sometimes hear tires pop and glass break in the distance
a few fucked up power poles about

only ppl I know of in person are all about Toyota chaser and Nissan Cefiro
but there are also 1990s Subaru and evo fans about
and lots of boomers igr

>living in kentucky

It's nice until you get that one dickhead

There are 2 options for me
1. Togue racers up in the mountain areas super underground
2. Ricers that just cruse every weekend

The togue guys are cool
Bunch of buds that just like going fast

>people installing bodykits and neons and loud fartcans on fucking 80hp shitboxes
>almost every golf and bmw is tuned like shit
It's like they played Underground 2 and said "heyy, that's pretty good".

Wow I always hang up on this type of calls. Can’t believe some people actually buy this bullshit service.

Dropkicks drive Falcons more like

>Northern Indiana
>Practically nonexistent april through september
>does not exist october through march
Even my local drag strip, there aren't any actual tracks, is only open seven months out of the year. At least we don't have vehicle inspections I guess.

Fuck up slut the Falcon is the chariot of the true blue sick cunt

>small college town
>tons of chads when school is in session
>a few ricers
>a few bikes
>a few get

pretty depressing, it doesn't really do it for me.
I'd be far more engaged if there were serious track days but the closest track is about 2 hours away and nobody else seems like they want to go. They just go on twisty drives in the mountain, which is okaaaaay but not immensely interesting

is that you Falcunt?

Sadly not

There really isn't one where I live now. I live in downtown Boston where a garage costs more than a house back where I grew up, so all you really see are hedge fund managers, doctors, and lawyers with their luxury cruisers. My car's in storage and I take it to the track an hour away once every couple months though and the scene is pretty fun up there.

>South Chicago suburbs

I can only assume it's all niggers in leased Challengers, I don't bother trying to get involved

>falcon
>ford
>australian

Commos are the true aussie cars you can fucking use vegemite as engine oil and the cunts will still run

are you in ippy

>Uses a foreign engine

Literally the mixed race of cars

I'm talking about old commos mate not this new nipshit we got

It’s very little but I know there’s me, some guy with a Mitsubishi Eclipse and some other guy with a 1969 mustang that’s his daily other than that I haven’t found others (besides you) who browse Veeky Forums in the bipolar season state

You live in california, you have so many damn tracks by you.

for fucks sake Willow Springs Raceway is literally an hour and a half away from you and you're talking about persians in exotic cars. God you're such a faggot.

no but it feels like it sometimes
3 of the 7 wards are not very safe at night
when many people started avoiding the poor places
muggers start to show up more distant from their home ward

there are some hills nearby that are almost touge like
and many B and C type roads (UK classification system)

northern IL

pretty much the same, meets/shows almost every day out of the week, but only about 6-8 months out of the year, then shitbox snow drifting fun begins

>when many people started avoiding the poor places
>muggers start to show up more distant from their home ward
Buses created the same effect here.

Because we have a large and well-funded bus system that even runs late at night, the homeless use it since they get free quarterly bus passes. Quarterly so as not to waste their time getting monthly passes like those who pay for them have to do. Thus, the homeless don't sleep in the areas where the social services are but find other places to sleep that are very far away even in other adjacent suburb cities. Google maps and Google Earth provide lots of views that they use in the library to pre-explore places to go. I see them using it in the public library looking over various neighborhoods on overhead view.

[spoiler]I'm that dickhead[/spoiler]

>bipolar
It's going to be mid 50's on Friday, when today it's fucking freezing especially with this wind. What's your ride and where are you at, Minnesota br/o/? I have that 1989 Mitsubishi Colt GT and a 2014 VW Jetta 2.5 SE.

> mfw I'm that type of guy
oh yes baby

>portugese with tuned golfs
>rural idiots with M3s

ok

Dead
Except for two brothers a few houses down from me. They both have golf gtis that they care for lovinglyl ill probably join them sometime, i like golfs

HOT

AUGUST

NIGHTS

West Europe.

Maybe even the Netherlands

Dominated by niggers.

youtu.be/0fsKzrpBI98

Are you kidding? We have some pretty cool shit around Potomac and Rockville, not many mods but tons of cool fast cars.

>How active is the car culture in your area?
In Washington, difficult in the late fall through early spring due to the cold, snow on curvy driving roads, ice, and rain. The hardcore enthusiasts do continue to meet at some night spots though.

Kek there's no way a high schooler got paid enough for a Porsche

Reported

another Minnesota br/o/ here. Agreed with all the sub cultures haha. Pretty much depressed I had to put this away now :(