bikebandit.com/blog/post/motorcycle-ear-plugs
nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1983-kawasaki-kd80m/6333689812.html
nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1982-honda-night-hawk-650/6393093236.html
nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1986-honda-450-rebel/6393596883.html
nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1985-yamaha-virago-700-low/6382886603.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for 80's and 90's had the aesthetics

R3 a best

What kind of bike would James Dean ride today?

I'd bet some knobby tired cafe UJM.

>I'd bet some knobby tired cafe UJM.
Lol hardly... Cafe racers are the biggest poser bikes this day and age.

I wouldn't call James Dean a poser, would you? To his face?

I just thought he'd have good tastes in bikes is all.

JD liked enduro, he'd probably have a KTM 300 2 smoke.

>Cafe racers are the biggest poser bikes this day and age.
Their day and age is over
Sport bikes are the biggest poser bikes of this day and age

>I just thought he'd have good tastes in bikes is all.
>cafe racers
>good taste

Lel... Cafe racers are dime a dozen and 90% of them are form over function (the very antithesis of cafe racers). And lets not start on factory customs.

Yes I know taste is subjective

>Max poser bike
>good taste
O I am laffin. I imagine he would ride a supernaked or power cruiser of some kind, loads of power and stylin hard.

>Their day and age is over
I would partially agree that cafe racers are going out of style, and good riddance.

But I still see their ilk all over the hipster parts of town.

>saying this with the existence of cruisercucks

Why are you so mad about things that don't effect you?

FTR
T
R

This is worse than cafe bikes

>that guy who kickstarts his electric start bike

>mad
Why are you so mad that im mad??

No bro, I'm a grown up I dont get mad at something that dont AFFECT me. I do however think that cafe racers are a travesty, all of it has been done and overdone by now. I wish bike culture could move on.

>addendum

But I am mad of all the scrub backyard mechanics who cut up perfectly healthy old classic UJMs to produce yet another ugly cafe racer exactly the same as the previous 2billion already on the road.

>normal forks vs inverted
>1 brake disc up front
It's shit senpai. Even the r125 has inverted forks and it atleast has a brembo caliper in the front

Wont move on till sport bikes die out

Its a light cheap bike.
The parts on it work fine

Youll get that soda some day bud

just testride one

What's worse is that it's just some newfag unaware of the mem
the real >tfw no user already bought and sold a 2015 grom and has now a 2017

Good for him

First for Best baiku !

>rotary's your path

>proceeds to crash ninja 250.

>tfw these were available in running, riding condition for $250 as little as 15 years ago

>Rotary engine Suzuki
what type of space magic is this?

Pretty sad if you cant handle a ninja 250 bruh

Pls stop

Wonder what the redline could look like on a modern wankel motorcycle

german engine

youtube.com/watch?v=RpLdzXuN9B8

UUUUUUUUUUUUUh it is ON!

he would still ride a cafe racer or a grom.

>the guy who e-starts his kickstart bike

C U T E !

>no clipons/10

Clipons are a meme

>cafe racer version
>no clipons

i dont think so

Thats a UJM m8
Not a cafe

its literally the CAFE version! Its in the name!

i consider getting a 750/600 gsxr but roads here suck dick and ill have to necessarily go out of city to have even a bit of fun (i do have a utility shitter for the city tho so that wouldnt be a problem i guess)

or i can get a ktm smc690 and go full hooligan everywhere tons of fun or any road ,what should i do bike bros?

Doesnt make it a cafe.
Thats just marketing.
Also why is this bike acceptable but old cafes arent?
And why is this bike acceptable and triumphs arent?
Etc etc etc

If you're going to get a big heavy high powered "street Moto" you might as well get a big one like the Hyper or dorso.

>Also why is this bike acceptable but old cafes arent?
Because that involves irreparably modifying a vintage bike of which there are a finite number remaining
>And why is this bike acceptable and triumphs arent?
Because /dbt/ secretly likes cafe racers, they just used that as an excuse to hate on triumphs, and Moto Guzzis because they can't afford them, now that there's a Japanese retro bike everyone loves it and pretends it's different.

>tfw not sure if next bike will be a motorcycle or a scooter for max comfort.
I can't put top case on my current bike.

Silverwing

Question. Can I replace the brake fluid on a bike on my own, and if so, is anyone able to tell me how? The owner's manual says to have a stealership do it, do I really need them for the flush or is it possible on my own?

It's too big for me and expensive, I thought somting like the beverly 350 IE or Xmax 300.
I prefer the beverly, maintenance is less often and cheaper.

is aprillia reliable enough tho? i know ktm is from people that have been having smcs,esp motor wise theyre bulletproof can i get the same from the dorso?

>Can I replace the brake fluid on a bike on my own
Of course you can.

>is anyone able to tell me how?
Just look it up on the internet dude. I'm sure there are forums with instructions, youtube videos, and parts diagrams. It should be easy.

If you want to do a full system flush and clean-out, you can. If you just want to get some fresh fluid in, all you really need to do is slip a piece of tubing over your bleed nipple, put the other end in an empty container, loosen the bleed valve a bit, and start pumping the brakes to pump the old fluid out. As you pump, make sure you keep adding new fluid to the reservoir so you don't suck air or you'll have to bleed.

One side at a time, once clear new fluid starts to pump out of the one valve, close it and move to another.

Scooters are great, but with that low ground clearance and those small tires they handle bumps and holes about as well as a 50cc moped.

The 2018 Xmax looks nice if you're buying new. Faster than most beginner bikes, but I'd really highly suggest getting a 300-500cc motorcycle for the price, simply because it will perform better on the road when you need it to.

xmax looks like a motorcycle tho,kinda

youtube.com/watch?v=jsWAybC05RQ
Ignore the fucking awful opening

Adv bike.
Or sport tourer if you're a manlet.

>If you just want to get some fresh fluid in, all you really need to do is slip a piece of tubing over your bleed nipple, put the other end in an empty container, loosen the bleed valve a bit, and start pumping the brakes to pump the old fluid out.
Sounds like enough of a flush to me, honestly. Says to replace it every two years, I can get away with this for another two right?

Changing a seat and bars is irreparable?
Vintage bikes must be fragile

>Says to replace it every two years, I can get away with this for another two right?
Will probably be fine. The fluid in my dual sport is 5-6 years old. It definitely needs to be changed, the brake feel has gone to shit and it's dark brown, and is probably crystallizing. I'm planning on putting new lines on it anyway, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Cycling fresh fluid in if you do a pretty complete job shouldn't be a problem, but I would suggest tearing it down proper the next time to you it and cleaning your calipers out and such.

Yes, Aprilias use Rotax motors and the rest of the bike is dead reliable as well.

Do you guys wear ear plugs when riding?

>big, heavy

GSXR 750 weighs like 420lbs wet.

Its no heavier than a cbr500

My bike's not loud enough for me to need them, and the wind noise isn't that bad either.

I've got a really old bike I'm working on, and the previous owner fastened the clutch cable to the exhaust pipe, and it's partially melted.

How universal are clutch cables, I've never really shopped around before.

Headphones kind of act like plugs but that's for music or podcasts

Yeah, I just buy packs of 100 from poundland and throw them in the recycling at work at the end of every day, expensive disposable ear plugs are a meme unless you've got money to burn, they lower sound by maybe 5 decibles more than cheap ones, but only last the same length of time, cost way too much and if you ever lose the packet you're out 10 times the money

Might buy some in ear noise cancelling shooters ear protection for Christmas, decent ones are only like £30 and last basically forever

I wear custom earplugs that fit earbuds.

>the wind noise isn't that bad either
Enough for permanent hearing damage.

>what is a windshield
Unless you're riding with your helmet directly in the wind at 90+mph for extended periods of time, you'll be fine.

Even with a windshield it is loud enough to cause damage.
Unless you somehow get your head completely out of the wind, with no turbulance.

That is so awesome. I wonder if there are any still around... Not many 2t road bikes other than Aprilla's RG's is there.

how do i break in piston rings on a 4 stroke?

Africa Twin Rally

word of caution: brake fluid is super caustic and is really bad for your skin wear gloves. Also it'll eat through your paint so take precautions to not get it on anything you want to look nice.

it's pretty easy though, you essentially just bleed em out by opening the valve and pumping the brakes. Getting airbubbles out of the fuel line can be a pain in the ass and may be made easier with some specialty tools but nothing a little patience can't handle.

Brake fluid is no joke though. Srs.

I just bought this jacket
>Rev'it Sand 3
What should I expect?

Sand in your pockets.

The volume of wind noise isn't the only thing that causes hearing damage. It's the fact that it is constant. Sure, your ears might not hurt but that doesn't mean your hearing isn't being damaged
bikebandit.com/blog/post/motorcycle-ear-plugs

Yea, I buy in 50 pair packs and dispose after a day of riding. Most notable improvement is it eliminates wind noise.

not wearing earplugs for long commutes or rides is pleb af.
inb4 i want hearing damage

That op bike is atrocious
Looks like a transformer a south beach nigger would be proud to put around on

fat tracker but i like it
yes absolute must unless you want your ears ringingfr fr
drz400

After never wearing ear plugs while riding motorcycles until the last few months, paired with a handful (

god you look gay.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

>*breathes in*

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahah

I know this feel
>Used to be TA faggot
>Do some fibua training 2 years ago
>Ear protection falls out while crawling through a rat hole
>DS at the end of the hole does the old mag of full auto inside a 1m diameter concrete tube trick
>Dead, lie there for a bit and then get up
>Just like callofduty.jpg
>Realise at end ex that I have what feels like gobs of ear wax and dried blood on my cheeks
>That feel when random EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE outbursts a couple times a month and permanently damaged hearing from a few moments of exposure to extreme noise

Reported for gArbage posting

nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1983-kawasaki-kd80m/6333689812.html
nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1982-honda-night-hawk-650/6393093236.html
nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1986-honda-450-rebel/6393596883.html
nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1985-yamaha-virago-700-low/6382886603.html

would any of these be good first/project bikes?

Are you saying this is your first project bike or first bike period?

>first project bike or first bike period
yes

Nighthawk is the best of the bunch

desu, i'd go with the nighthawk.

Confirmed.

The Nighthawk is going to be your best bet in terms of parts availability and service documentation and support on the web.

I've got a nighthawk 750 in the garage right now.

WHAT? I DIDNT HEAR YOU

Anybody got any recommendations for earbuds that double as earplugs?
I don't take my bike on the highway, but i wear an IS-17 so wind noise is still annoying as fuck

Plugfones

They are 25% off on Amazon right now

1947 CZ 125cc single
Royal Enfield 500cc parallel twin
Indian Warrior TT 500cc v twin
Triumph TR5 Trophy 500cc parallel twin

.ie a trials bike

>UJM
u wut m8

you know the guy was just interested in going fast, not being a hipster that lives in the past right?

He would ride a S1000R fitting his Porsche.

>All those pics and revuews of them coming apart
I think i know why they're on sale

Sportbikes were the poser bikes of the 90s and early 2ks.
Then it was choppers and bobbers.
Then it was ADV bikes.
Now it's factory riced retro bikes.