/twg/ - Total War General

THE DAY IS OURS Edition

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elves Let's Play
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6qwyY5-4jE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BETRAYED
the missive led to NOTHING

>Shamefur Dispray
Will Darren get hauled off to Scotland Yard for hate crimes now?

45 more minutes.

>/twg/ gets mad and refuses to watch the Civil War stream
>Grace gets naked on stream and all of /twg/ misses it
>Stream is never recorded and no streencaps are taken, only honest redditors who respect women chose to tune in

Why are orcs the worst faction?

Why would you ever not pick Grimnir's Strength while playing the White Dwarf?

It's like a choice between three pretty okay campaign buffs and one huge 'your infantry fuck their infantry' buff.

So what are the sluttiest elves in warhammer barring morathi.

Grace is old and busted.

Make way for new hotness.

They're still missing a few units that could make gimmick armies work and a lot of what makes them fun is their attitude/dialogue which is just ok in TW:Warhammer

Missive was posted 16.30 bong time.

It can still happen!

I want to know how this ended. I really do

Shit anyone has a screenshot of those Darren facts?

Tau guy won.

>Just got back from an Evanescence concert

Their reinforcements have been driven off and their towers torched. Time to begin the assault.

What units?

From what I understand it was a auto win for the Tau player as he was the only one to have models active on the table. The other player couldn't deploy anything as his entire army was having to deploy out of reserve.

Wouldn't producing all those cloaks for the velites be severely damaging to the Italian / European wolf population over time?

What units are missing from all the factions so far? Anyone know or have a comprehensive list?

The White Scars player couldn't deploy any of his models as there was nothing in the rules accounting for the scenario.

He then lost because he passed his turn with no models on the field.

Asrai Oneesan, but you have to be a little boy

That's great, fuck people endlessly passing on deploying.

If you can stomach the Inept Generals voice:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6qwyY5-4jE

They have one fucking minute to post something or else I'm gonna shit

>Click it, it can't be that bad
>autism-speaks.org
Why is there no youtuber that isn't a complete sperg?

With no ammunition left on my archers it's up to the sica warriors to cut their way through this blob.

Whats wrong with Inept general?
I know he autistic, but that's it

Cmon, it's not that bad. Arch and Party Elite are the real Incarnates of Autism.

Grom the thicc when?

It is now July, a chill wind blows in Naggaroth but the sea of malice is beginning to thaw. From Ghrond, a messenger comes bearing word of an ancient prophecy involving the lands of north Lustria. The Hag Queens offer many sacrifices to Khaine to gain more of his favour. Meanwhile the Druchii of Clar Karod whip their slaves ceaselessly in preparation for the Witch-Kings coming campaign.
A great fleet is being assembled for but one purpose, domination by a best elf soon!

Mini campaign for the High Elves.

>searching twg in the catalog
wtf is going on Veeky Forums?

I don't know but I'm afraid

buttmad weeb spammer from yesterday

Weaponized autism has been deployed against us.

We're doing this again, huh?

Greenskins are just shit by defuult

The first couple of units up the ladders ate a bunch of javelins but beyond that I got off lightly.

>Irondrakes

Why is the AI consistently terrible? The only chance they have of winning battles is to smother you in armies.

ahhh /twg/: The Generals' general.

>There's no need for the doombull because we have the gorebull and it serves the same function.
>Lord type serves the same function as a hero type

???

Beastmen dlc was so half-assed.

Do you mean like a general thread general
or like a General (Commander of soldiers) general

I just realised

Almost half of vg is animu vn's or mobile garbage

I'm sad /crpgg/ died. Just started crpgs for the first time with both balders gate and pillars of eternity and I'm getting my as handed to be in just the stat point allocation screen. And /v/ is the shittiest place imaginable to ask for character creation help

NEW WAIFU

the latter

If you don't like animu vns there may be better places for you than 4ch

>tfw no sci-fi TW

Baldur gate character creation is the most simplistic shit

I think dragon age general talks about crpg

Also reddit have big crpg board, not sure how good it is

But yeah, rts are merged with 4x general and crpg general are pretty much dead, sad

reminder

LIES.

>one of the High Elves special features is the fact that they can gain information on their trade partners

Fucking knife ears.

I'm sorry. I believed...

So no stuff today then ?

It doesn't know how to flank or focus fire properly.

do you think that might change then with warhammer 2? it seems like they're gonna give each LL they release a new starting position.

That's okay, I was kind of going for the double bluff to try to make STUFF happen and make me look silly.

Alarielle.

Get mad mudsniffer or lizardfucker

We tried. See you tomorrow. Tomorrow is definitely the day.

>no stuff for the missive

We mark another grudge.

Sir, there's no room left in the book

>TW:W siege weapons
>Terrible during sieges, just die to turrets
Hmmmmmm.

Put some chaff in front of the weapon, towers fire on nearest and queerest

>tfw laying waste to dwarf shits in TWW:2 aa HElves

Smug cunts, time for revenge

>tfw putting Goblins in front of your catapults and doom divers

Gobbos are finally useful for something

>DIS STINKZ

Start tome II

>mfw suebi champions
>70 melee attack, lamellar armour, big shields, raider, 100+ morale and frenzy and recruitable after a super early tech from a tier 2 industry building
>185 upkeep after you loot a town
this fucking faction

Should I even use anything else except those.

That's my second 4500 vs 1000 battle and those are fucking draining holy shit.

The feeling after a big clusterfuck of a battle is not unlike the feeling after doing a big shit.

Archers and cav
fuck spearmen

>>Regional Occupation makes wars between Humans and Vampires against Dorfs and Greenskins pointless.
>>Races were meant to fight only against their nemesis (Empire vs Vampires, Dorfs vs Greenskins) though this was fixed after all those dlcs, flcs and updates
do you think these 2 points will be fixed in game 2? they said they removed regional occupation but made it so races would less accustomed to some climates. IE Factions instead will have preferred climates. Settling in an environment that your faction isn't good with will lead to penalties such as increased build times, reduced growth and public order, and so on.

Don't play history.

Post killcounters pls.

Goblins are for STABBING, not for GUARDING, ok?

make me

>proto vikings migrating to greece 500 years or so early
poor romans

Literally varangian guard though.

I don't know why, the viking forefathers ALWAYS end up as far away from home as possible.

They wanted to avoid a situation where the lizardmen took over Araby or elves took over Lustria

TWW2's design however shows all four races in conflict with one another, so I doubt the one on one type gameplay that was in vanilla TWW1 is part of TWW2

The trailer seems to indicate that while the vortex is in Ulthuan the nodes of power for the vortex are in Lustria or whatever, so I guess all factions are incentivized to go around and fight each other to gain control of shit

>they said they removed regional occupation but made it so races would less accustomed to some climates. IE Factions instead will have preferred climates. Settling in an environment that your faction isn't good with will lead to penalties such as increased build times, reduced growth and public order, and so on.
This is exactly what i wanted since the first time I heard about that regional occupation in TW:W. And I feel like my second point won't apply to TW:W2 too, since we have all races from 1 and rogue armies to fight against. It seems like they are learning from their mistakes

is warhammer worth $18 off amazon

this place would be so comfy to settle if it wasnt for sassies

>tfw no more attitta dlc
I just want arthurian legends

afaik Attila sold poorly and hence it's cheaper than Rome 2 even now

Wait for the edition which comes with all the DLC

feels bad man
I'm okay with their current plans for history though

There won't be one

Sure there will.

In 2021

As Franks i ran to Brittania and evicted the Picts and their friends after the Huns buttfucked all of Europe up to Spain.ERE and WRE are dead and the Saxons are my mortal enemies.The best faction are the fucking Garamantians who own ALL of North Africa
Wew lads, forgot how hard this game can be at times

>2030
>total warhammer trilogy + all the DLCs for 5$

30 Years > Victoria > Renaissance > WW1 > Dogshit > M3