Manual Transmission Learning

Hello, I've been driving an automatic for the last 3 years, and want to get a different car with a stick shift. The only problem is, I can't find a way to practice driving one. I don't have much money, so I can't just get a burner car, and I live in america, so nobody I know has one. The only person in my friends or family that can drive one is my Dad, and he hasn't driven one in years (and he nearly wrecked the transmission). How do I learn to drive one? Where do I get practice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jLw0hAtOik4
youtu.be/ALe6VdSpraw
youtube.com/watch?v=jCd9Jsj-Bqw
youtu.be/waeOibnmuJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's the problem, it's just like automatic but more gears
just watch this video it's honestly the easiest way to learn
youtube.com/watch?v=jLw0hAtOik4

I bought first car without knowing how to drive stick abd learned in a few hours over 2 days. It's not hard at all. Just watch some youtube vids and buy the car you want in stick. You will be forces to learn quick then.

I learned on Assetto Corsa, but then again I did spend like $500 on a wheel, pedal and shifter setup

Same here. I stalled out a few times in public and burnt the clutch once or twice, but that's inevitable when you're learning with no one to help you. You'll be fine, OP, as long as you're not retarded.

Is assetto Corsa pretty much like real life shifting? So like does the car stall if you mess up/ fall backwards on hills when you're trying to do a hill start?

Yeah, its not super realistic, if you miss the clutch it will go into gear after you press it in, because the shifter can't fight against you. The thrustmaster shifter is excellent though.

You can use a controller with a clutch as a button. It will at least teach you the logic of it which is pretty simple.

This is an excellent video that shows you how to drive a manual

youtu.be/ALe6VdSpraw

Nice

Good video, this guy is fuckin' hilarious.

"This in my hands is the steering wheel, I forget what it does."

Actually a decent tut too.

manual trans won't exist in 10 years so don't bother

just get one and drive it every day

wont take long for u to learn

>just watch this video it's honestly the easiest way to learn

This, this guy also covers the technique. This way you don't need to worry about left foot, just learn the gears first
youtube.com/watch?v=jCd9Jsj-Bqw

Just get the car you want OP. Go to the dealer and tell them you want the car but you can't drive stick. If they don't let you test drive it anyway, go to another fucking dealer.

When I bought my first manual the salesman literally taught me on the spot in the parking lot. That dude was cool as fuck.

>thousands upon thousands of used and old vehicles will suddenly disappear one day.

>responding to a NEWFAGAY post

Get a manual rental car for a day.

Those don't exist in the US.

>When I bought my first auto the salesman literally taught me on the spot in the parking lot. That dude was cool as fuck.
Seriously.

Even if those existed in the US, I'm 20, and they usually don't rent unless you're 21

Fatt Marah explains it pretty good, From basic to advanced techniques.

youtu.be/waeOibnmuJk

Yeah, when ICE cars are banned and CFC 2.0 forces you to trade them in for a self driving BEV

>To start on a hill, drive halfway up, come to a complete stop, open the door, and walk away.

Kek

Craigslist. Big cities have chumps who teach you in their car for $50.

Learned on my '98 Mustang gt with a stage 2 race clutch, went to this big church parking lot near my house and stayed there everyday practicing hill starts, normal starts, stopping, burnouts, etc. Watch youtube videos and youll be fine, dont be scared to burn up the clutch either.

Is there a proper position you should have your foot on the clutch, or is it just preference? I just bought my first stick a few days ago, and I'm getting better at shifting, but I still stall on takeoffs at least once every time I drive it.

It's a civic SI, and the bite point feels like it's only an inch or so off the floor.

Find manual car on Craigslist.
Practice driving manual.

I think I might be slipping the clutch a little too much.
Is it possible to get a smooth shift without slipping the clutch?
What about with a stage 2 clutch?

Walk me through the specifics of timing and technique, I've already got the basics down.