/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 12th of July:
1191 – Third Crusade: Saladin's garrison surrenders to Philip Augustus, ending the two-year siege of Acre.
1789 – In response to the dismissal of the French finance minister Jacques Necker, the radical journalist Camille Desmoulins gives a speech which results in the storming of the Bastille two days later.
1943 – German and Soviet forces engage in one of the largest armored engagements of all time.

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okhranka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Secret_Police
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OVRA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokubetsu_Kōtō_Keisatsu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Organization_(Ottoman_Empire)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etsivä_keskuspoliisi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Gaspar_Rodríguez_de_Francia#1820_uprising_and_police_state
youtu.be/0I71VX5RyGA
quora.com/What-was-the-greatest-contribution-to-Korean-culture-made-by-King-Sejong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_York
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danelaw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Union_(Portugal)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

France > Prussia/Germany

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

What the absolute fuck

Not yet, that's gonna be my next target. Not sure if I should dismantle them as well. On one hand its gonna make a GrossBelgium (though I forced it to be Klein by taking land from it as is) and make them fuck off of my Elsass with their cores, on the other it'll probably give Algeria to the Anglo and the Anglo already rules pretty much all of Africa save for the Congo and Algeria.

Will do.

I've planned on a CWE run as a Nationalist USSR LARPing that the KGB coup against Gorbachev succeeded because the flag you made for that is so fucking based. Only problem is CWE is really, really shit when it comes to wars and overall is extremely peaceful. I get it that EU nations shouldn't declare war on each other but there's constantly wars going on in Africa and South America so really only Europe should be peaceful outside of player interference.

hopefully this thread doesnt die too

For anyone who missed

Any idea on how to make a sustainable and profitable economy for my pops as France in HPM?

what is hpm's current checksum?

What mod

Low tax, lots of social benefits and spending, lots of colonies

See
And comment.
dont just say "no" or "no new reforms"

CCHM.

nice

cant you check it

concealed carry for his majesty

I won't add a "police reform" that reduces militancy, no.

Just HPM with some Strasser addons by me like the flag.

Hey lads, playing an EU4 game as Nepal, other than conquering India what should my goals be?

So, cheating mod?

Why not? Something must be done about the yearly rebellions. I don't want to play as a damn cuckstitutional monarchy.

Become relevant

d-does adding a single blank (space) character to a txt file change the checksum? if so it's over.

>want high literacy
>doesnt want people caring more about their rights
everytime

Rude!
Can you add a new political ideology between Fascist any communist, please? Like Falangists, Mosleyists, Strasserists, etcetera.
Depends which file you do it to, but in general the chrcksum does not like being fucked.

I think Nepal with all of India will be relevant considering Nepal's ideas are Prussia lite

Because it doesn't make sense. Just having a "better" police won't negate the effects of literacy on CON and political reform desire.

This is the old "I want high literacy and a repressive, no-rights-given government" discussion.

How is a changed flag a cheat ya dingus

>its a redditor thinks he's being smart episode
i dont want to watch this one again

Even societies with abysmal literacy, like Russia, get rebels out the ass every game. In Russia's case they frequently ruin them for the entire game because from 1850 onwepards they're constantly undergoing rebellion.
>inb4 a rebellion in 1917 means 100+ rebellions is legitimate

HPM tell me about the flavor part of your development?

>This is the old "I want high literacy and a repressive, no-rights-given government" discussion.
No it fucking isn't. I assume you play your own damn mod, Russia is overthrown half a dozen times before 1900, you can't tell me that's "historical".

> Like Falangists, Mosleyists, Strasserists, etcetera.
I won't add a new ideology, especially what is essentially a school of thought of one of the existing ideologies.

>In Russia's case they frequently ruin them for the entire game because from 1850 onwepards
I can always make their NV more potent in reducing militancy. That's how it was a few versions ago, but people thought that without the militancy, they couldn't pass reforms and Russia eventually lagged behind.

Puppet Britain. wotsitcalled.....something.....client state I think. Reverse Raj.

you literallz said you want the game made easier for you

If I'm right, you can't client state overseas provinces so I wouldn't be able to client state them, I'd have to beat them down, I was thinking more of a reverse Alexander the great's empire with all of India

hey hpm. whenever greece conquers a new core it suffers from the assimilation/inability to create new pops bug.
for example when you get thessalia, 2 populous provinces have no greek soldier pops, so every single soldier you recruit ends up being turkish/albanian while all greeks who promote to soldiers end up losing their ethnicity as well.

would you be willing to do something to change this? like adding small (10-100) greek pops of every profession to these areas? or a greece-specific event that does something similar whenever you get such a province. it would definitely make it more playable.

The thing is historically people care more about good living standards than political rights. If they have healthcare, good pay and so on, then they won't give a shit about rebelling as much, so really consciousness and militancy should be WAY lowered if you pass all the social reforms.

Sure, I can do that. The main problem is that those pops will eventually disappear because it takes too long for Greece to take them back, and they might just end up moving because of militancy. But I can take a look.

Holy shit, Austrocucks BTFO

Wasn't this about the "police reform"?
Anyway, people still care about their political rights even with social reforms. And in the game that's already represented: you can stall political reforms by lowering militancy with the social reforms you pass.
The effect, understandably, isn't permanent, and people who cared about political reforms will still do when they get pissed again.

I wish there was something to do in EU4 other than blobbing ;_;

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

we all did

Do the same with the rest of the Balkan countries. They suffer from the same issue.

The problem is historically, dictatorships do really well in preventing rebellion, though with your totalitarian decisions I guess it fixes a bit of the random rebellions.

Overall whether you get a rebellion or not should depend on how well your country's doing.

Hey HPM, I appreciate the s detail you go to for this game. Keep up the good fight!

kek

Make an event to restore the Spanish Habsburgs

(((Trotskyists))) have risen up.

Also holy shit Italy, once again no. Fuck off.

will you fix the hungarian core on Eisenstadt? when Austria asks to join Germany they give that place to Hungary even though it's majority german

>I can always make their NV more potent in reducing militancy. That's how it was a few versions ago
No, lad, you need to add a secret police reform to stop rebellions.

>b-b-but secret police didnt exist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okhranka

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Secret_Police

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OVRA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokubetsu_Kōtō_Keisatsu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheka

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Organization_(Ottoman_Empire)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etsivä_keskuspoliisi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Gaspar_Rodríguez_de_Francia#1820_uprising_and_police_state

They were used all over the world to suppress dissent, ideologies the state opposed, why won't you add this historical element to historical project mod?

So now that the dust has settled, what was the general consensus of MEIOU and Taxes 2?

bloated shit

italians are based

>In 1851 Police Union of German States was set up by the police forces of Austria, Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, Hanover, Baden, and Württemberg. It was specifically organised to suppress political dissent in the wake of the 1848 revolutions which spread across Germany. For the next fifteen years the Union held annual meetings to exchange information. Karl Ludwig Friedrich von Hinckeldey, the Police Commissioner of Berlin, was appointed by King Friedrich Wilhelm IV on November 16, 1848. He was to prove to be a key figure in the development of the secret police in Prussia as well as the whole union. By 1854, thanks to his close relationship with the king he was appointed Generalpolizeidirektor (General Director of Police). Effectively he was a minister of police independent from the minister of the interior. Von Hinckeldey founded the Berlin political police in Berlin and developed a Prussian information catalogue on political opponents, focusing on revolutionaries involved in the 1848 uprisings. But as he saw Paris and London as the centers of political intrigue he was keen to organize the policing of political opponents outside borders of national jurisdictions.

>The Prussian Secret Police has historically held a bad reputation, as it was the model upon which the Gestapo was later founded. The Prussian Secret Police, however, did not routinely engage in persecution or the abuse of police powers, and did not behave in the way that other secret police forces might.

>The Prussian Secret Police was renamed in in 1933 as the Gestapo. Prussia itself was dissolved as an administrative entity following World War II.

Why won't HPM add political police? How is this huge part of history completely removed from his "historical" project mod?

Jesus, can they catch a break?

>The Prussian Secret Police, however, did not routinely engage in persecution or the abuse of police powers, and did not behave in the way that other secret police forces might.
So its a regular police
wow

Can you remove KUK cores on Krakow please?

Dare I back down now?

Yes but why would I ally with ancaps? I might make them fascist eventually, either that or I'll puppet the Papal States who still exist and slowly feed Italy to them. Evolan Italy?

>It was specifically organised to suppress political dissent in the wake of the 1848 revolutions which spread across Germany.
Not carrying out extrajudicial killings doesn't stop it being an effective counter terrorist component.

how do you colonize africa as ottomans with HPM?

You'll look a clown now!
>rhyming now with now
What did they mean by this?

Make Italy a Duce reich.
youtu.be/0I71VX5RyGA

>historical
>project
>mod

Is there any scenario in HoI 4 in which you can declare war on the USA and they don't immediately join the allies? Even if I declare war as early as 1937, they immediately join up with the allies and I get fucking boned

There's no way to put this in the game but it immensely bothers me that a lot of the borders in the game are objectively wrong, like the one between the ottomans and persia. It's really close to correct but not quite, and it caused conflict irl that the game doesn't represent. And with kalat, that weird border of modern pakistan. And Iraq/syria/jordan straight lines.

I'm not asking you to do anything because it's impossible but I mean you should totally do something about it

>hpm stops posting once the r&i thread is consolidated
what did he mean by this

They've lost Istria and Croatia, and there are Bohemian Nationalist rebels besieging the countryside.

there are 3 ways
. uninstall.exe .
, git gud ,
kys yourself

t-thanks, i'll try that

>Do the same with the rest of the Balkan countries. They suffer from the same issue.
I can check in their cores but again, it doesn't guarantee it will never happen.

>dictatorships do really well in preventing rebellion
Not necessarily, since there's eventually revolutions even in the most repressive governments. They do manage to keep things together for a whole, but they also fall apart. How stable they are is entirely discussable.

>Overall whether you get a rebellion or not should depend on how well your country's doing.
It kinda works like that. The poorer your pops, the more pissed off they get. The more luxury they get, the less pissed off they are.

Thank you user.

No.

mod?

See

It's a problem I have yet to tackle and I planned to do it when re-do stuff for Austria. I will eventually fix it.

I'm not denying the secret police exists. It's just not necessary, nor well represented, as a reform. It already exists in the game as an invention.

>No, lad, you need to add a secret police reform to stop rebellions.
And we go back to this just being "I want to have a high literacy authoritarian state pre-totalitarianism and mass propaganda". The fact that all these places suffered revolutions (except Japan), especially Russia, or had to liberalize their governments, even with a secret police doesn't help your case one bit.

I will probably add them to the Imperial Restoration CB and remove the cores, could swear I changed this already.

Can you make it so elections decide the upper house? Say I elect reactionaries, I want to be able to roll back reforms, but I can't.

Daily Autism

So should I take any colonies in this war? Belgium (and fucking Sweden and Brazil) joined so I'd get the Belgian Congo + Dutch Indonesia if I decide to take colonies. I could expand the Congo into full Mittelafrikums when I eventually take on the Anglo if I decide to go colonial. I'm continuing from an AARnon save and Germany had taken literally 0 colonies beyond a single island this entire game, so I have had no colonies.

>It's a problem I have yet to tackle and I planned to do it when re-do stuff for Austria. I will eventually fix it.
alright, thanks for answering

>I'm not denying the secret police exists. It's just not necessary,
It is though, Russia, with 10% literacy gets a revolution every year, that's not historical or right,
>nor well represented, as a reform
How so? Just have it so it adds infamy, so it's a trade off, that way it makes sense both historicslly and from a gameplay point of view.
>It already exists in the game as an invention.
That does nothing.
>And we go back to this just being "I want to have a high literacy authoritarian state pre-totalitarianism and mass propaganda".
That's not true at all, you keep going back to this. As Russia, or any other extremely low literacy society why do I get annual revolutions?
>The fact that all these places suffered revolutions (except Japan), especially Russia, or had to liberalize their governments, even with a secret police doesn't help your case one bit.
The fact they managed to survive until WW1 and would have survived until much later had they not had to mobilise their entire populace proves me right.
Like you said, Japan, who didn't see much fighting in WW1, kept their society until after WW2.

Rate my europe.

You need to increase Korea's literacy big league.
quora.com/What-was-the-greatest-contribution-to-Korean-culture-made-by-King-Sejong

>orthodox
>Jorvik
How do you even form that country or is that a custom nation?

>No.
Yes.

literacy is an abstraction for how good a country is
korea is shit so it gets shit literacy

japans literacy was less than 40% in the 1830s but they still get 40% in game because they're cool enough to warrant it

Meanwhile...

rate my hyper centralized absolute monarchy jain trade kingdom of Gujarat

(if your wondering how i got absolute monarchy before 900 ad, spam scholarship focus and die a lot, free 300+ cultural research points)

Any chance you can rework Estada Nova being fascist and swap it with the historical fascist party and make it reactionary that pops up late game to replace the current party?

Very historically real "nation" in this time period.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_York
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danelaw

Just be scandinavian & take York.

I can't mod the voting system, especially since the UH changes every year. But I will probably do something along those lines in the future, with a boost for certain UH ideologies in certain governments.

Can't do anything about it. Jordan/Levant might get a few tweaks though, with uncolonized areas.

>It is though, Russia, with 10% literacy gets a revolution every year, that's not historical or right,
If you claim stuff, you need to back it up. Bringing evidence, multiple evidence, is better. And again, I can deal with it the way I dealt with before: make their NV more powerful. Would also help with problems in China too.

>How so?
Because secret police doesn't work as a progression. You either have it or not. It's establishment wasn't due to "Popular demand" either.

>That does nothing.
True. It still exists, so this element exists.

>As Russia, or any other extremely low literacy society why do I get annual revolutions?
See the first point.

>The fact they managed to survive until WW1 and would have survived until much later had they not had to mobilise their entire populace proves me right.
Not really, the Prussian government had to liberalize and pass a lot of social reforms to keep the tiny bit of authorianism they had, and they eventually lost that. Russia was in flames already before WW1 and Francia's regime fell WAY before WW1.

The finnish and italian ones were formed AFTER WW1 (and after the game ended for the finnish one). The ottoman one was formed one year before WW1, so it has no relation to it at all.

It shouldn't even be called "Estado Novo", it should be
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Union_(Portugal)

What other fascist party are you talking about?

I'd need better evidence than a Quora answer.

Its*

pls respond

I'm at work right now, I'll send you stuff on Portugal another day for name changes and suggestions

hoi3 >> ck2 > vic2 > dh >>>> eu4 = hoi4

HPM, will you ever add singapore?
i cant find any files or anything for them in the hpm folders so i assume they dont yet exist

based

For someone playing tall your holding incomes are fucking puny

Quick, someone post Germaniums

Germaniums

guaranteed (You)s and >2 incoming

because it really really early on, the only buildings that where built where stables in all my holdings
im working on rectifying that, but its really hard when you cant put tech into noble customs or castle infrastructure because your rushing trade and legalism/majesty

im still making around 32 gold per month, which is around 4 times as much as Neustra and around 8 times as much as Austrasia atm

i also blow the fuck out of lombardy

Sure thing. What do I cheatowner here now that I've cucked the Dutch? I already fixed a bunch of Soviet enclaves in Borneo and Siak. Or is it good enough as it is?

if Sweden annexes Finland, will they take Karelia if you dismantle Russia? and is there a way for Sweden to annex Norway?

>2

How is that possible?