Why do people overestimate how much practicality they need?

Why do people overestimate how much practicality they need?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/icORphIFJkc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that oil/carbon shit all over the back of the trailer/camper due to your exhaust? or what?

and yeah i don't know, people like spending money i guess.

IT’s clearly mud or dirt from being towed you dunce.

Looks like mud flung up. But to answer OP, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, although there are cases where people way overdo it.

>better to have it and not need it
You can fit a lot of shit in a tiny car with a bit of imagination and effort. I'm pretty sure I hauled more in my AW11 than most soccer moms carry in their SUVs. If you need to move something big, just rent a U-Haul for a day or pay your truck friend.

I own a 5th gen. I wouldn't road trip it if I had to pull a trailer the whole way. It's not that comfortable and only fun when you can romp on it a bit.

at the same time a modern 1/2 ton pickups are legitimately nice things to drive, and offer a unique driving experience

in the same way no one has ever actually NEEDED a landbarge cadillac or mercedes

thank you. I was waiting for this.

youtu.be/icORphIFJkc

>Turns off the main road
>takes a picture to make it look like he got there in all snow.

Nigga please.

This looks a little more out of the way

people tend to a couple times in their life run into a situation where they can't do a certain thing with their cars, usually a certain thing they really want to do

so from then on they go over-practical and the second anyone suggests something less practical they dream up some nightmare scenario that'll happen like one a decade maybe

people are VERY risk averse when it comes to car practicality for some reason

You literally need a trailer for your Camaro if you want to haul around anything bigger than a breifcase.

Why couldn`t Chebby make the fucking opening bigger?

ooooh you really offroad boi now its gravel hardpack only the most elite of elite offroaders can take on that type surface......

what class of hitch are you using? isn't that trailer kind of beyond the hitch tongue weight capacity?

Seriously? No wonder more people buy Slowstangs

Been looking for this video. Always wanted a trailer for my car. Don't see anything wrong with ops pic

Where did it all go so wrong?

>don't see anything wrong

he's implying it can handle actual offroad driving because he drove it 10 foot on a track next to a road then down a dirt track that's completely dry, level and wide enough for several buses to go by.

in my opinion we're being very well trolled, but poe's law etc.

How much does a yacht like that weigh ?

I've fit a large rollerbag and a duffel bag in the trunk of a Camaro rental, but it was a really tight fit and forget putting the top down if you have anything in the trunk.

>Putting your car through that kind of stress
I shiggy diggy.
That car will be worthless after what that unibody will go through pulling a trailer.
Putting that kind of stress on your frame is retarded if it's not built for it.
Even towing with clown vic is a bad idea, their frames are very thin, if you're towing anything appreciable and hit a bump, say hello to stress fractures, maybe even permanent deformation.

You serious nigga? Those caravans weigh fuckall. He is going to put more stress on the frame by launching the damn car and seeing as its a Camaro its most likely launched daily.

god you're stupid

>t. someone who has never used a car for towing before

Sauce for photo?????

Those little caravans weigh probably less than a thousand lbs fully loaded.

Having a car full of people puts as much stress on the car as pulling one of those.

No, because a trailer receives entirely different stresses, and applies them to a car entirely differently.
A trailer puts way more stress on your frame than a loaded bed does.

I can't put a rear facing child seat in a camaro.

/r/cars

When they revived the Camaro as boomer bait and tossed out the hatch because the 1st gen Camaro is the only one to have ever existed apparently.

>bro trucks
>land barges

It's an apt simile, because neither of them have decent driving characteristics. You're sacrificing performance and economy for a motorized high chair to ride down the highway in

>implying most caravan fags go offroad

"Unique driving experience"
I.E. completely shit but at least you can look like a massive cuck

Look at the angle the strut has to make because of dem phat haunches at the rear. Same reason why visibility is shit from the inside. Because of the external bodywork

Because GM couldn't make a decent car to save them. Hence why they had to get bailed out.

>no room
>no visibility
>not actually much faster than a mustang
>looks worse than a mustang

chebby why

I feel like if camaro was a person he'd be the guy who always feels the need to one up everything you do or say. Not that being competitive is bad, but like you've all met someone like this. Terminal type A sorts. To the point where they just seem really insecure. That's what the camaro is.