GTR as an investment?

Have you guys seen the prices R34 GTRs are going for these days? We are still 7 years out from 34s being US legal and low KM special edition GTRs are going for around 100 grand. The prices of most Japanese imports skyrocket when they get close to being eligible for US import. Do you guys think the R34 will continue to rise in price or is this all just inflation based on speculation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1h-inTgYBz8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl_7mzhZh5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

R32 GTRs have doubled in price in the past 4 years and they are continuing to go up. At the rate things are going by the time they become US legal, R34 GTRs will be over 100k for mid range KM base model cars.

Yes, if you buy now you will make money

>tfw 3 more years till r33.

yeah

I found this M-Spec with 28k KMs for 88k USD. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a 150k car in a couple years.

bump

I'm hoping when R33's come out it will push down R32 prices.

Yeah but where the fuck are you going to store it? You can’t even land it yet. I can’t imagine it’s cheap to store back in nipland

>asking a cantonese straw hat weaving forum about investing in a $100k car
>buying cars for investments in general
>especially ones that, while are rare, aren't exotic in the least bit.

you have no idea what you are doing. nor do you have the money to play around with it. And in terms of investing in cars $100k is really nothing.

If you just wanted to post pics of that R34 GT-R, you should've just said so.

it's an iconic car, but as for performance you can get more for less by buying new.

>R32 GT-R prices?

prob not.

non-R32 GT-R prices?

hopefully.

I can afford a R32 GTR for 26k or less, I cant higher than that.

Leaf here. Enjoy our rusty, hyper-overpriced sloppy seconds. Were buying up all the mint specimens. There's going to be fuck all left in 7 years.

OP wouldn't even be buying it for the performance if he even had the money. He'd be buying it just to put it in some fucking bubble for 20 years. It would just be a $100k paperweight if it was in his hands. Pathetic 2bh

No the price will probably not keep going at the current rate, even when us imports crop up. Other than collectors who stare at cars instead of driving them people are not going to be spending new Nismo GTR money for a 25 year old GTR.

you can afford to buy a R32 GT-R but can you afford to maintain a 26 year old sports car of that caliber?

Shouldn't be to difficult as long as I get a good example, it wouldn't be my daily by a long shot.

What does his little speech bubble say?

100% legit JDM tyte

something about editor in chief... at least thats what google translate is telling me

>be american
>buy r32 GT-R
>mod the shit out of it and turn it into a dragstrip god machine or a drift missile
>completely ruin one of the best track cars of its time for muh quarter mile times or hektic skidz brah
i fucking hate americans so much.

500 horse is my goal if I buy one. Easily capable with turbo swap. Then just drive it on the street and jerk my dick that I own a Skyline.

You think Nissan made these engines without considering the tuners?

>mod the shit out of it and turn it into a dragstrip god machine

The Japanese have done that already in the late 90's you act as if Americans are the only ones that have an interest in it.

proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=1h-inTgYBz8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl_7mzhZh5w

>or a drift missile

R32 GT-R's are not used as drift "missiles" and are rarely used as drift cars but like I said, its been done before in Japan as seen right here >completely ruin one of the best track cars

sounds like you're mad you can't afford one yourself.

of course they made them considering the tuners.
they didn't make them considering dumbfuck americans which is why it was never sold there.

thats fine because you're not ruining the car. you could probably make 500 on stock parts anyway.

Why do you care? That's more spare engines for you once Americans swap in the superior LS.

R34 is best GTR especially the z tune version

well no shit thats a totally different car. That costs around $575k and its worth every penny with whats done to it.

It sucks to know that I'll never be able to afford an R34 GT-R all because an actor drove it for 5 minutes in a movie and some nerds used it in their video game.

Accept it.
Spend the money on something more cost-effective.

>It sucks to know that I'll never be able to afford an R34 GT-R all because an actor drove it for 5 minutes in a movie and some nerds used it in their video game.

while both help in it making it more expensive thats not the main reason. why. It would still be expensive as fuck if it wasnt in the fast and the furious series or Gran Turismo.

stop pushing that meme

Sure, it'd be expensive. But it wouldn't be overpriced.

Unfortunately, Americans basically control what the cost of things are not only in their country but in other countries. And because Americans demand the Skylines, the prices will go up for everyone else because it's the Americans that will get their greedy hands on what they want as soon as they can. And, obviously, Americans are the biggest audience for Fast and Furious and Gran Turismo.

If it weren't for Americans having such an unhealthy obsession with the Nissan Skyline and JDM cars in general, they wouldn't be in such overwhelming demand, and they wouldn't cost such a ridiculous amount of money.

GT-R cucks btfo tbqh

r34s have driver aids though

holy shit fucking obsessed crybaby lmao

Whats so special about r34s anyways?
I mean I understand wanting the special limited production 400+hp cars. But why the fuck would anyone want to buy one of these 260hp piles over a newer luxury car?

ha no fucking way, my 1990 GTS-T coupe i had about 5 years ago i paid $4000 with a bunch of work done to it here in Canada. since the USA was able to get R32 and bought our sloppy seconds good luck finding a GTS-T under $8k and a GT-R under $15k

nobody really buys R33 here anyways because theyre pigfat

theres a good 5-6 BNR34 here in Alberta alone, theyre the last good Skyline and the computers in them are far more advanced than 32 and 33. being one of the most iconic Japanese cars and limited production= value

With the R34s, They have closer to 350 hp but in the specs they only say it had 276 hp. They said this because of the gentlemans agreement in japan but their cars actually had far more than this. Also people bought these cars for the driving experience. They don't have to be the fastest or the most luxurious, it is all about how fun it is to drive. The r34 is also very modable. I own an r32 GTR and it is amazing to drive. It is also surprisingly luxurious and comfortable inside.

>own an r32 GTR and it is amazing to drive. It is also surprisingly luxurious and comfortable inside.
>luxurious
Are you kidding me user. What on gods green earth is luxurious about the interior of a BNR32. Do not mention the digital climate control.

>want R32 GTS-T
>nothing for under 10k Eur

:( thx America

So buy it. Oh, let me guess.. you don't have 88k USD to spare?

Don't forget the R34 was the most expensive GTR to that date, these cars were expensive to buy to start with and are the culmination of the entire series, so they're understandably the most sought after. Also about the "Special editions" there was actually more "Special editions" sold than the original base model car so rarity is pretty dependent on variant. AND they had lower production numbers than the R32 or R33.

For reference, sales figures from wiki:

GT-R (Series 1) = 2,709[40]
V·Spec = 4,193[40]
V·Spec N1 = 38[39]
V·Spec UK = 80[44]
V·Spec Hong Kong = 10[40]
V·Spec New Zealand = 5[40]
V·Spec Singapore = 10[40]
Unknown (Series 1) = 20[40] (pre-production cars including GT-R (Series 1), V·Spec and V·Spec N1).
GT-R (Series 2) = 1,268[40]
V·Spec II = 1,855[40]
V·Spec II Nür = 718[43]
V·Spec II N1 = 18[39]
V·Spec II New Zealand = 2[40]
M·Spec = 366[41]
M·Spec Nür = 285[43]
NISMO Z-Tune = 19 Note: The Z-tune were built on used cars, which is why that number can not be added to the total figure below.[45]
Total = 11,577[40]

Notice how base models for both series total like 1/4 of total production?

The money hasn't been worth the performance for absolutely years now. That's not why you buy a GTR.

R32s used to get used as missles all the time because they were reasonable as RWD cars seeing as all you've gotta do is pull a fuse. The 33s and 34s you need to remove a shaft and your rear diff starts acting up with all the 4wd computers. R32 gtrs were actually cheap at one point in time, the 33s and especially the 34s not so much.

Prices are already nuts in Canada, a clean low mileage with minimal mods or high-end pieces a GTR can be anywhere from 60k+ CAD here and more like 80-100 for clean V-Specs or other rare trims. In Vancouer we're just sitting on them till their legal for U.S.A. and cash out like the R32's. The price of every Skyline whether in Japan or anywhere else, seemed to go up after seeing what R32's would sell for in America.

If CAD stays at 70-80 cents on the American dollar that'll help a bit.

For anyone trying to get in on JDM cars as investments I think S15's have potential, still fairly reasonable at auction. Even landed around here there are plenty to be had from 10-20k CAD, maybe a bit more for a super clean spec-R's. We've seen what the market will do for S-chassis cars cause of the limited supply, with the car never sold in North American markets the S15 supply is limited from day 1.

a friend of mine (Canada fag here) bought a R32 GTR from a sketchy importer on Vancouver Island for less than 15k CAD some 5 years or so ago. Not a mint showroom example and was heavily modified but still a solid driver. Between the brakes, wheels, and other parts it could have likely been parted out for that much alone

Literally any 90s sports car is an investment lately when we see that no brand is making anything resembling them even in spirit now or in the future.

If you aren't making big bucks right now, say goodbye to ever owning any of the legends.

>souped up datsun

The going rate for R32s was under $20k aud for ages.