/ovg/ Datsun Edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums Vidya General

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have.
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing GT Sport, Forza 7 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/

Other urls found in this thread:

leadsdirect.co.uk/shop/rj12-telecomms-lead-straight-wired-black-5m/
knowyourparts.com/technical-resources/electrical/hand-wire-splicing-technique/
isrtv.com/thrustmaster/thrustmaster-t-rj12-usb-pedal-adapter/
datcominc.com/products/datcom-realm-dec-offset-rj12--6p6c--modular-plug.html
datcominc.com/products/datcom-realm-db9-male-to-rj12-offset-grey-modular-adapter.html
amazon.com/Steren-Grip-Clip-Cable-Clips/dp/B000E9ZKDY?psc=1
amazon.com/Cable-Matters-200-Pack-Nail-Clips/dp/B00Y362HSA/ref=sr_1_15?s=hi
amazon.com/Medium-Latching-Surface-Cable-Raceway/dp/B00WGZWD98/ref=sr_1_22?s=hi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Now that the dust has settled,

>not that guy but off the top of my head, probably a hardware issue. emulation is shitty because computation power isn't like a bucket of sand that you have tons of of or not a lot of -- things are computed in very specific ways. Some computer equipment simply isn't built to handle that sort of calculation.
>Why this is the case has to do with literal physical engineering -- physical chips can be optimized better than code for specific operations. It's why video cards outpace CPUs for video performance.

>A modern PC can calculate anything given, and the key differences are the time it takes and how many levels of interpretation the problem and solution have to go through. But in early computing, things were much more rigidly defined, on much more rigid hardware, and not all of that hardware is still known nor has all the known hardware's engineering leaked, nor are there enough nerds who still care to understand or fucking reverse-engineer the known engineering. Some do exist, but please consider the capabilities of disjointed nerds on Discord and Github versus corporate-paid design teams doing 9-to-5 AND 1800-to-0800 shifts.

>Anyway, the tl;dr is that to make the calculations that might have been trivial before is non-trivial now, and the way calculations were made at all may have been lost entirely over time.

>Even modern emulators or modern consoles suffer from this; That one star wars X-Wing game on Gamecube is considered a holy grail of GC emulation because it has never, ever worked right. Wind Waker is a close second, because Nintendo is known for making games that never crash or fail graphics despite all other broken-ness, but WW was unplayable on Dolphin for a long time. It only became playable fairly recently, like in 2014 or something.
>[t. ]

What did he mean by this?

No no no no no no no no noooo

Name a better game

try actually racing competitively at fuji some time. you can't leave the last turn that open.

>get passed on a turn
>WHY DIDNT YOU SIGNAL ME YOURE SUPPOSED TO ASK PERMISSION TO GO PAST ME REEEEEEEE

I miss GT6 series

Man will never know.

Anyone know what THE FUCK THRUSTMASTER WERE THINKING PUTTING A FUCKING OFFSET 3 FEET RJ12 CABLE THAT ISN'T REMOVABLE ON THEIR PEDALS ARE THEY RETARDED YOU CAN'T BUY THAT SHIT ANYFUCKINGWHERE IM GOING TO HAVE TO JERRY RIG THIS SHIT LIKE A CUNT FUCK YOU

>it's hard to splice cables

Yes. It is. Are you the retard that posted too? You need to stop talking about things you know nothing about.

>dude just buy a $30 crimp tool for this proprietary connector on your $400 wheel that has 2 years of warranty on it that you'll void
Hmm.

datsun?

>RJ12 CABLE
>CAN'T BUY THAT SHIT ANYFUCKINGWHERE
leadsdirect.co.uk/shop/rj12-telecomms-lead-straight-wired-black-5m/

kill yourself

THAT IS NOT AN OFFSET RJ12 CABLE YOU FUCKING RETARD AND NO ONE MAKES A RJ12 OFFSET COUPLER SO I CANT PLUG THE END OF THE FUCKING PEDAL CABLE INTO A COUPLER TO EXTEND THE LEAD YOU RETARDED CUNT

>EXTEND THE LEAD
acquire some scrap cabling and splice it in
knowyourparts.com/technical-resources/electrical/hand-wire-splicing-technique/

KILL YOURSELF

>NO ONE MAKES A RJ12 OFFSET COUPLER
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS PROBLEM SHOULDN'T EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE IT SHOULD INTERFACE OVER FUCKING USB OR SOMETHING STANDARD LIKE I DONT KNOW RJ45

stop fucking posting you fucking retard you were already btfo over JUST FUCKING STOp

cut the cable in the middle

take some of the insulation off

attach the leads to longer cables

now your lead has been extended

>RJ12 OFFSET COUPLER
99.999999999999999999999% of cabling is straight-through pin to pin so why would anyone

this is why crimping tools and naked connectors exist, to let people do whatever bizarro wiring they want

and if your cable is known to work but is simply too short, you can splice in more cabling in the middle

STOP FUCKING SHITPOSTING

K I L L
Y O U R
S E L F

>and if your cable is known to work but is simply too short, you can splice in more cabling in the middle
DUDE

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW UNRELIABLE THE T300 IS?

IM NOT ABOUT TO START CUTTING UP CABLES ON A PIECE OF SHIT MEMEMASTER WHEN IT COULD SHIT THE BED TWO WEEKS FROM NOW

I NEED MY WARRANTY

isrtv.com/thrustmaster/thrustmaster-t-rj12-usb-pedal-adapter/

Problem shouldn't exist in the first place.

Wont this just cause compatibility issues with games that don't like separate pedals?

What is the problem? Literally what is the issue you're having? Why is your wheel so far away from your pedals in the first place? Why can't you splice the cable to make it longer?

>games that don't like separate pedals
like what?

its like he really thinks he's people lmao

youre retarded. stop posting here

NFS Payback is going to be $40 on Black Friday. Worth?

oh hey
datcominc.com/products/datcom-realm-dec-offset-rj12--6p6c--modular-plug.html

S T O P
P O S T I N G

>Why is your wheel so far away from your pedals in the first place?
It's not, but it's only just long enough to reach around the front of my desk where it looks ugly, I want it to go around the back.

REEEEEE

no

datcominc.com/products/datcom-realm-db9-male-to-rj12-offset-grey-modular-adapter.html

and honestly you can probably just snap the clip off a standard rj12 if it's straight-through wired and apply a little bit of duct tape and a splitter/coupler to normal rj12, or any adapter you want, because you have the power of DIY

I have tons of ethernet and phone cables with no little clippy thing on them just due to age, they all still work as long as you don't knock it around and you can shim it up nice and tight with a piece of fuckin printer paper

>rainbow shit cross-posters

now it all makes sense

o wtf

I've never seen the full image of this before.

I like where this thread is going.

>the nigger is fully agitated now and is dumping loli to deflect from his retarded """"""""advice""""""""

Lol. Delicious. Enjoy your ban and your visit back to jail, pedo. :^)

>you on the back

thats on the upper end but its fun so yes

>loli
>peen

>it's only just long enough to reach around the front of my desk where it looks ugly,

amazon.com/Steren-Grip-Clip-Cable-Clips/dp/B000E9ZKDY?psc=1

amazon.com/Cable-Matters-200-Pack-Nail-Clips/dp/B00Y362HSA/ref=sr_1_15?s=hi

amazon.com/Medium-Latching-Surface-Cable-Raceway/dp/B00WGZWD98/ref=sr_1_22?s=hi

ill kill you for this you fucking slag stop ruining ovg with your bullshit FUCK

>dude just stick a bunch of shit on your desk because thrustmaster were too dumb to make the cable a bit longer

Yeah im 100% sure now that this is the same retard who originally posted He doesn't know a fucking THING about what he's talking about. Very familiar...

>thrustmaster were too dumb to make the cable a bit longer
So splice it, buy an adapter, or modify the connector so it fits standard ports and use a coupler.
>dude just stick a bunch of shit on your desk
You've already stuck a fucking wheel to it, what's a couple of hose clamps?

this

just report him

if enough people report him they have to ban him for life

pro tip, this guy managed to ban evade for over a year on Veeky Forums, a much more moderated board than this
you're fucked, just ignore shitposting and hope it goes away

how 2 ruin a thread in 1 post

>hope it goes away
I hope it does soon. This dumb nigger doesn't know anything about anything. Why does he keep trying to ruin ovg by dumping links to these weird plugs?

m8 you really are stupid arent you

youve totally lost the plot

i hope you realize that you responding to yourself is really really obvious because you write in an extremely similar manner no matter what, i was more saying that for the other people because i don't use mumble or dicksore

Beacuse the code guy polemic i dont had the chance of ask again

there is any good game that can be a Wangan Midnight Simulator since the arcades games arent a good option?

Why are you false-flagging yourself like this?

>and honestly you can probably just snap the clip off a standard rj12 if it's straight-through wired and apply a little bit of duct tape and a splitter/coupler to normal rj12, or any adapter you want, because you have the power of DIY

reminder to never respond to anyone who uses reddit spacing
i repeat, reddit spacing is the devil

>reminder to never respond to anyone who uses reddit spacing
>implying that people cant use double enter by accident

tokyo xtreme racer 3
literally just racing on japanese city highways at high speed

What if I want to race on Japanese city highways at low speed?

The Tokyo Xtreme Racer series is what you're looking for. It features has the Wangan and it has a bunch of references to lots of japanese media, mostly related to cars. For instance, the boss or end-game opponents depending on the game include stuff like the Devil Z or West Racing Corvette or stuff like that

txr3 except lose a bunch
alternatively, txrd2

what were you trying to do

is iracing fun?

no

no, and is worst than loot boxes

Anyone recommend any good freeroam-eqsue "tracks" for Assetto Corsa? Doesn't have to be freeroam, super long mountain passes and shit like that would be cool too.

first source image spam and rust v002, now emulation being literally impossible, will RJ12 shitposting be the next hot may may?

>rust v002
Can someone explain this meme?

it's a forced meme by a shitposter who was looking for a new general thread to fuck up
someone on here posted a really nice long, like, 40km course that's a lot of fun to drive, but i'd assume you already have it

Please tell me there's some web service that automatically fags up text like that and no one here actually did that manually.

It's like work. Hard work. But sometimes it's rewarding.

>the same emoji is used after the same word, every time

Someone did it manually.

Imagine paying $500 to grind for 3,000 hours just to play 1 car in a game.

that sounds pretty awful, i just wanna try doing some low-level oval racing

If you aren't willing to drop cash, how can you ever get good at sim racing? Do you think real race car drivers don't spend money on their career? If you aren't serious about the game and about winning, you're free to leave, faggot.

>oval racing
Why would anyone want to do this in a video game

>go straight for a moment
>push the stick over half a degree for another moment
>go back to straight for a moment
>get crashed into by some shitter

why not race on real tracks with, like, turns or something?

this
dumbasses with no setup and no extra licenses need to fuck off already
youre not real sim racers
you just want to invade a community without putting in the work to be part of that community
go back to garfield kart

/ovggarfieldkart/ when?

i've done plenty of road racing, i just want to see if it's fun since it seems a little bit interesting

/ovgtuxkart/ soon be there

Tokyo C1 Loop and Nsuka
C1 is a rip from one of the later Tokyo Xtreme Racer games and Nsuka is a massive touge circuit that comes down the mountain thru a town and out onto the expressway before heading into the mountains again.

>r*dd*t spacing

delete your account

also there is a geometry rip of San Andreas that has some extras like a touge island, but I think it's only for rFactor. The other two have both RF and AC versions.

>some extras like a touge island,
Why? Mt. Chilliad is already the best rally environment ever made

MTA:SA series when btw

/ovg/ hates what they cant drive

we had a arca league a few weeks back and all the webms were of meme skins crashing into each other

go back to r/carsarecool you retard

t dumbass who doesn't understand how driving pedal wires work. Tell me more about those offset RJ12s and how you can buy them at the grocery store you dumb kike.

send those ones please

Who let all the blacks in?

R E D D I T