Mustang exhaust

Hello all. I have a 2017 mustang gt. I put flowmaster outlaw axle back on it. If I put straight pipes on when I delete the resonator, would that ruin all of my back pressure or should I just put an X-pipe on? I would rather us an H-pipe because it sounds deeper. I'm doing this for loudness and the 50lb resonator to be gone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JeHahZRUlt0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Those engines are terribly peaky, so backpressure is irrelevant.

Just buy a V6 senpai, they already sound better than the gt with some cheap mods.
Look. youtu.be/JeHahZRUlt0

But if you want to stay qith your 8 cyl, let the resonators on, it prevents raspines and provide growl and bass, also rhe X pipe is for the most part in such a revvy engine better and easier to install, plus a tad louder but it's not as deep sounding as the hp pipe, that one provides torque down low.

If you just want loudness, get x pipe + roush axlebacks catless.

How much did you end up paying out the door? How long is your loan for? That will help narrow down your options.

Open headers or your a bitch

hope you get a tune, you're gonna require one if you touch the headers or midpipe

Borrow some of your mum's spouting and weld up a straight pipe.

The whole back pressure thing is way overblown. Headers alone provide enough back pressure.

Do open headers, cat delete and leave the mufflers on for the best sound.

Also on resonators. They don't block the exhaust at all. It's perforated and has insulation in an outer shell to reduce drone.

Sounds like hot trash.

I paid 28,500. Worked at the Ford dealer at the time

No v6 will ever sound as good as a well modified V8

I had a 2015 V6 before this, and it was slow and sounded weak. Overall the v6 mustang is weak unless you slap turbos on it

I don't want to remove cats because that's gonna require a tune and A lot of $$$

Because replacing everything from the mid-pipe back won't...

>v6 mustang
>sounds good
kek
end yourself deluded stacycar owner. V6 mustangs and Camaros sound like rotten ass.

>Buys brand new Mustang GT
>Already modifying it
>B-but a $500 tune is too financially irresponsible

Not only will a tune let you eliminate the cats. You'll also gain power, potentially a lot (15-20hp to the wheels on tune alone). Take the platinum potato out of your exhaust.

>backpressure
>4 stroke

If you're using backpressure as a blanket term to refer to scavenging, or the side effects of changing the flow characters of your engine without a retune, stop.

Sounds like sharting

if money is an issue, why did you buy a brand new car?

No, I mean back pressure smarty

Less is better, there's no such thing as "ruining your back pressure".

It's illegal in my county. So 900 for the tune, 900 for the long tube headers, and in 2 years 900 more to re tune it to the old headers, and prob 150 to put the old headers back on. Emissions is a bitch to work around in North Georgia

I modified the car the first month I had it and 500 is a lot of money for anything

Money is not an issue unless you are talking about spending 2 grand to cut the cats off and tune it. I've done research on what I want to do and I want to cut the resonator off and leave it like that. Simple $250 mod. Not a 700 dollar tune and 1200 dollar headers and 300 for install

Good to know, thanks.

But if you mess with the flow too much on your engine, intake or exhaust - the ECU might not be able to accommodate and you may lose power.
You might need a retune.

$1800 for a tune and headers and bringing 30-40hp to the wheels isn't a bad investment.

If $500 is a lot then you shouldn't be modifying brand new cars.

Catoosa county reporting in. No emissions here, get cucked.

T. 97 Mustang GT with EGR delete, Cat delete, and flowmasters dumbed at the axle

Paid off or financed, 500-1800 is not cheap at all

Nice