/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Patch Notes
playgwent.com/en/news#6410

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/gwent_campaign/albums

Won't pay in gold:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/320430/Ascension_Deckbuilding_Game/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GK2Pxg_xE
youtube.com/watch?v=z9Lu5hnf87Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for FIRE RETHAZ and borkh would be the perfect counter to monster swarm if he wasn't fucked up the ass in the name of new players

ALBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

when is the esport

Friendly reminder to leave Gwent and play literally any other card game.

ded game
ded general

Like Hearthstone?

It's the worst choice you could make and yet it would still be better than Gwent. Follow your heart user.

What about Uno? I hear that's pretty fun.

Joke's on you, I play both. And MtG.

Only reason I play Gwent is because there are no black people cards

It's shit otherwise

Uno is pretty fun. I ended up buying store.steampowered.com/app/320430/Ascension_Deckbuilding_Game/ during the Steam sale and it's fun too. Even though there's little in the way of cards that directly interact with your opponent, it still has more interaction than Gwent due to the state you leave the center cards every turn.

No worries friend. Only a matter of time until you realize the error of your ways and drop Gwent.

be gone shill

But there's an entire empire/faction of black ones.

thanks blizztard

Monsters don't count

How far can we take this general without actually talking about the game /gwt/?

Next balance patch when?
Getting tired of all those dagon foglet variations.

early august

imagine employing a QA team that couldn't forsee this in the slightest

was gwt EVER happy about meta?

>Craft Cerys with 800 hard earned scraps to try QG
>The deck is absolutely incapable of winning round 1 vs monsters OR dwarves, NO MATTER HOW MANY CARDS YOU PLAY
>You might have to go down 2 cards vs most other matchups

My god

There was a game where the 3 cards I had left in hand R1 could not be Eithne -> Saskia -> Thunderbolt potion

forsee what

could not beat*

This meta isn't too bad honestly
They're close to getting it right

keep on projecting 3k shitter

this desu
monsters need some good hits and it would be great

Good thing I learned who the good Gwent streamers were before the MMR change. Literally 20+ people with [top 100/4k MMR] and they are all netdeck shitters

>QG
enjoy auto-lose vs NG with either Vicavaroos or Letho, dorfs and Monsters
they still need to fight hard to stand a chance against NR and nonQG-SK
the moment after you discard two QG and they get stolen or eaten its gg no re

the deck is dead. stolen units from the grave should return to your own graveyard at the end of the round.

>3k shitter thinking he knows how to fix the meta
the only reason that monster is dominant is because rethaz pulled huge machine nerfs out of his ass, otherwise it'd be NR dominated or far more rock paper scissors oriented.

regardless, the borkh and weather changes made playing solitaire a viable strategy, so whatever faction can swarm the board and pump out the most value, will always be dominant.

dude, letho and vicovaro beating QG is a meme, since QG also loses to everything that can consistently make 8+ avg str plays round 1

Post fun decks please

its cute you think you are smart, doubleshitter
let Borkh go already you salte faggot

first take dagon and foglets
then harpies
then giels, woodloand dude, triss butt and yenn that has the unicorn
make sure you have lacerate or water hag
probably earth elementals
fire elemental
fill in the rest. commander horn is easy value. oh yeah 2-3 more fog cards

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GK2Pxg_xE

I said fun decks.

This exact deck took me to 4k earlier and I want a change to dick around in casual

> r3 reveal vs bork ST
> protect my only spotter with letho
> dbomb his bork
> then vilgefortz it
> mfw i only have powerful golden units on my side of the board and he has weak bronze units on the board and lacerate in his hand he can't hit anything with

he didn't GG

baron

good work. now try beating a real deck

So Just saved up another 800 scraps and was looking for suggestions on what to craft. Currently my most played decks are Discard Skellige and Reveal Nilfgaard, but I'm looking to experiment with the other factions more outside of their pure meta decks..

t. bork

stefan is good for reveal NG he mixes well with vilgefortz. but there are better golds for this meta just not in the decks you play

how comes NG are still below average even though they have top tier golds and silvers?

Postan my discard deck that has so far managed to take me up to 2800MMR, seems to be fairly reliable so far with a few different opening plays possible and backup win-conditions.

reveal has too much strategy for gwent

i wish i was kidding, this game in nature encourages solitare play (weather+axemen in previous meta, now swarm + trissbutt and dwarfs)

it's the patrician deck though. always fun to play

Sorry, I meant that I wanna play something more fun from monsters, ST or NR rather than just more Skellige or Nilfgaard.

you can play scorch'tael but that's pure cancer and probably not fun to play either

DAGON HAS A FUCKING 60% WINRATE CONSISTENTLY ACROSS ALL LADDER

THIS IS WORSE THAN AXEMEN OR ANY META EVER

THE GAME IS NOT FINE

THEY MURDERED SKELLIGE BUT BUFFED MONSTERS EVEN MORE

MONSTERS ARE FUCKING BROKEN

IT'S EITHER BUFF EVERYONE ELSE SUPURBLY OR FUCKING NERF MONSTERS DOWN TO EVERYONE ELSE'S SHIT CAN LEVEL YOU'VE SUNK THEM TO

NOW THERE'S ONLY 1 FACTION THAT'S EVEN RELEVANT ABOVE 50%

devs are retarded its not really a surprise anymore

Probably an idea to get each faction's key cards to have a good base to start with, then go for fun/meme picks
Monsters: Woodland Spirit, Caranthir and Ge'els are all great
ST: Ithlinne's always good to have, if you wanna dorf it up there's Zoltan
NR: Dandelion's probably your best bet, maybe consider Keira afterwards
I guess you could go for a Ciri or Yen if you wanted a neutral.
Or find a deck that looks fun to you and just build towards it to enjoy yourself

skellige deserved to be executed after what they've put us through. i have no empathy to offer

now we just got to wait for them to nerf the shit out of monsters next patch

Monster still doesn't feel as unfair as SK did

>they murdered Skellige
>meanwhile I have 58% and 66% winrate with Harald and Crach between at 2-3K

t. reddit

thats because monsters isn't an offensive deck like axemen

instead they play their fog and play solitaire with triss:butt and harpies while you struggle to catch up as they grow 5-10 strength a turn without playing even a card

I just wanna say to whoever posted that Tibor deck and said he got to 4k with it - no, you did not.

Maaaaybe if you were 3950 when you started playing it. Fuck off for tricking me into trying it for a day.

>a 60% winrate leader is fine as long as it's not King Bran or Crach
t. reddit

Fuck yourself, a 60% winrate for any leader is awful for the game

Plus the triss butt can be disrupted by shackles or weather which will cause her to keep buffing the same weakest unit repeatedly. Axemen would just keep coming back no matter how many times you removed them because the only reliable way to shut them down was to tech 3 mardroemes (or 2 mardroemes and a card like peter)

*whale sounds*

Axemen only had a 52-53% winrate

Tell me how fog butt having 60% is not a problem /gwt/

Yes it does

axemen had lower win rate because every single player in the game teched up against them because how broken they were and now people are taking more liberty with their decks so one faction that balance works in it's favor wins more but still isn't strong enough to have the entire game revolve around it

spotters should be str3 but have deploy ability that buffs allied spotters on the table by 1.

Consume and fog take up as much of the ladder as Crach and Bran did.

Invalid argument.

Favorite card and mechanic.
Actually gonna premium it.

well, he's called Bestboy Lugos for a reason.

COME ON, LET'S GO

TIME TO FACE OUR FEARS

One day, Blueboy...one day I will

TUIRSEACH!

the animated card is beautiful
whats the story behind this in the witcher universe?

Can kind anons give quick rundown on other current card games? Gwent got annoyingly boring

youtube.com/watch?v=z9Lu5hnf87Y

Hearthstone is perfect for you. Biggest game in the market, plenty of stories to tell your friends, exciting outcomes, and new player friendly.

>5:06

THERE IT IS
THERE IT IS
THERE IT IS

shackles and lacerate are tech card slots

leave swarm monsters to me

Stop running Tibor

literally unplayable

Might have something to do with the best match up for Dagon is other monster players.

That has at least been my experience climbing with monsters up to 3.6k MMR so far.

I wish.
You need something like a well timed Lacerate to enable him first.

if you want to hate the game and the mulligan system, 100% play this game

the old bear would had worked well with him but only against monsters and even then you'd have been better off with the axemen.

I doubt current swarm would even work if old bear was in the game. That single change kills the swarm archetype pretty much.

best version of NG on the ladder at the moment, but, did forget to mention that it takes a brain to play.
triss butt swarm is probably more your caliber.

then again, rethaz hates all decks that take a brain to play, and prefers a mindless swarm meta judging by the changes each patch.

"rework" of borkh single-handedly fucked this meta up more than any other change could have done.

>the best match up for Dagon is other monster players.
True, consume is autowin with any basic weather control or even combo/deathswarm deck.

>when you have to squint your eyes for a moment because yencon hits 6+ targets

Well, this was nice.

I tried to play QG and had an absolutely miserable time.

But at least I was able to use the experience into reading that he probably had at least 1 priestess in hand which were dead cards without nothing to res, and thus I ended up correctly going for the 2-0, even after I gave him Cantarella.

ALBAAAAAAAAAA man ended up only giving him live a 7 point lacerate, which was ok considering he drew shackles on the previous game.

if only it really happened

>NG
>playable in ladder
#Just3k MMRthings

calveit is the only NG leader at 4k+, but you'd be correct in pointing out that NG ladder representation is pitiful at a high level

>3.5 mmr
>already starting to encounter familiar names
Deadest game in seven kingdoms

Let me tell you why the deck is trash, disregarding the fact that monsters are simply better:

- Too many people running shackles because of Trissbutt so Tibor WILL get shackled. He might even draw the shackles himself for added cancer.

- You will claws your eyes out at the mulligan. Being able to mulligan only 2 cards instead of 3 is THE BEST CASE MULLIGAN SCENARIO. Everything else you're praying - and sometimes you can't mulligan just 2, and you are forced to pray.

- You will NEVER, EVER, have equal number of alchemists and foot soldiers in hand.

- 2 Alchemists + Auckes = 20 point igni you can't play around

- You play pikeman round 1, and if ciri dash is not your hands, YOU DON'T HAVE A TURN 2 PLAY. Alchemist into Foot Soldiers? Lol get a pikeman. Calveit? lol get roach and a Foot Soldier. Vilgefortz? Can't play him until golems AND pikemen are all out :). Borkh and Tibor? No sweetie, you can't play those golds cards in round 1 Assire? Nothing to put back. Decoy? Nothing to decoy.

The best turn 2 play you have with this deck is playing standard bearer and buffing a fucking pikeman so it doesn't get zapped. Now think about how bad that is.

The deck is shit. Even worse that reveal, and it makes me sad, trust me. Playing it at 4k is one thing, pretending you can go from 3k to 4k playing it exclusively is quite another.

why don't you actually play the deck, half of your assertions are correct, in that they do happen occasionally, but none of that happens every game.
it's true that in terms of raw power and win conditions the deck is simply lacking, but that's just because rethaz is a retard unfit for his position.

>why don't you actually play the deck

so you think I know those things just from looking at the decklist?

yes

I'm the first person to make it to rank 21 anons. Congratulate me!

I must be real smart, then

must be

>It's a "Draw 24 out of 25 cards getting into round 2 and none of them are Ciri:Dash" episode