Looking for a fun weekender car. Should I go for a mx5 or an s2000...

Looking for a fun weekender car. Should I go for a mx5 or an s2000? The mx5 would be quite a bit more recent than the s2k, due to pricing

Six in one, half a dozen the other.

The question is are you a power man? Or are you happy with a sporty driving feel?
Because the S2000 has real power but probably doesn't feel as good in the turns - I've heard bad things about the electric power steering anyway.

S2k is better than a MX5 in literally every way

except touge

I've driven both. The Miata and s2000 are not even close to being in the same league.

Buy a Honda Civic and stfu

Well it sounds like you'd have some perfect advice for OP so why don't you elaborate?

Rx8

S2000 ofc
Are you an idiot?

Is this bait?

S2000 is just a buffed out version of the Miat

S2k

On second thought, get a miata OP
Youre literally too retarded to own a good car

God damn.... what I would do for a clean example of either of those.......

>wanting a girls car
>wanting a non-evo 4 door
Shiggy

>evo

If I wanted to understeer I'd get a Honda.

The s2000 is leagues ahead of Miata I've driven both , I had a chance to drive one on track . It was awesome handled perfectly

how the fuck is it not?

E30 325i and don't fuck it up with all that ricer shit.

>buy nc with borked engine
>swap ls

and presto, now you have a car that's superior to s2000 in every possible way

I'm not sure that's how it works user.....

I've owned an AP1 and currently own a ND. Minimal differences between the two. Stock vs stock, with traction control off on the MX-5, ND is more manageable at the limit. AP1 is a bit faster in a straight line, but not as confident in cornering due to the ease at which the rear gets knocked loose. It really wants to spin if you fuck up, while the ND is more forgiving of every mistake, including liftoff. As a daily, the ND is far nicer because it was tested on shitty American roads, so its suspension is more compliant and not prone to bump oversteer.

Both cars need suspension work to be good on the track. ND mainly needs stiffer front sway. Add good adjustable coilovers, and you have a car that can win STR Solo.

The only thing I miss about the S2K is the engine. F20C is a classic. F22C, not so much. I do appreciate the Skyactiv's much improved MPG tho.

Good thing you posted a picture telling people that they should never listen to a thing you say

This. Also to add the AP2 S2000 is a bit tamer than the AP1 handling wise due to suspension changes. But the AP2’s engine is not as fun as the AP1’s due to a lower redline at 8 instead of 9, the increased torque just doesn’t make up for the lost fun.

I've extensively driven an AP1 and NB, I would say the AP1 was much more fun to drive in every aspect but it was terrible to DD in comparison to the NB. The s2k feels high strung the whole time you drive it and the NB can be extremely relaxed/cushy.