/ARMS/ - ARMS General

>>NEWS
>Version 2.0 has been released
ARMS League Commissioner Max Brass added as a playable character.
New ARM “Nade” added.
New ARM “Roaster” added.
New ARM “Kablammer” added.
New stage “Sky Arena” added.
New versus mode “Hedlok Scramble” added.
Punch or touch the capsule containing the Hedlok mask to become Hedlok for a period of time.
This can be selected in Versus, Friend, or Local and it will also appear in Party Match.
”Stats” added to the Top Menu.
Check stats such as your most used fighter, best stage, and ARM accuracy.
”Events” added to the Top Menu.
Here you can set whether or not you want to join official online events.
Snake Park has been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster.
Raised highest rank in Ranked Match to 20.
Increased the penalty for disconnecting during Ranked Match play.
Shortened the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being extended, making them easier to use: Megaton, Megawatt, Revolver, Retorcher, Boomerang
Increased movement speed of the Guardian.
Improved visibility during charge attacks for the Popper and Cracker.
Increased the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being knocked down, increasing risk: Popper, Cracker, Hydra
Increased the amount of time it takes to recover when a grab is deflected with a single punch.
Decreased the amount of damage when the Hydra’s rush connects with multiple consecutive hits.
Decreased the distance Kid Cobra travels when jumping.

For more: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377/~/how-to-update-arms

>Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey to add your own:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Official ARMS japanese twitter
twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

alright, apparently a legit dataminer (discovered sun and moon stuff) has found some files on the next character. he claims that he doesn't have any models tho

Decided to try my hand at ranked for the first time today and got halfway through rank 6 before taking a break. What would you all consider to be a good rank? I know the cap just got bumped up and I didn't have much of a baseline to begin with.

Nade is good. Roaster is also good, and Kerblammer beats out Whammer any day. Too bad Max Brass is so slow though.

And the Hedlok item is horribly overpowered, as it should be. Pretty fun mode.

When you start fighting people that think about their actions, then you're in a good spot. But if you want numbers, I want to say around rank 11 and above is when most people are considered 'good'. Then again, most people got there via hydra/bubb spam pre-patch, so it's on you to have arms that can shut that down.

Bubbs weren't changed by this update, right?

I just want a character with ARMS like this

Whammer is just as good as Kerblammer imo. Remember, stun element is still very good to land combos with. What the Kerblammer really has over Whammer is single punch damage, which is what, 170? Whammer's charged damage is 130 and since stun does no knock down you can easily bump that up to 190-200 every combo, provided you have a fire arm. Point is, stun is very underrated and the people who understand this are scary to go against.

Some sort of candy-based ARMS, it sounds.

nope, they're still just as good as the new Roasters since you still have a chance at 220 due to no knockdown AND you can still build rush fast. That being said, if you can aim the Roasters you'll only be doing 170 (Bubb combos for 165) if a charged hit connects. The thing I'm still worried about is the rush spam, Roasters/Nades are fast as fuck and that means building rush faster on top of doing more rush damage than standard gloves, which average around 250 compared to 350+.

How balanced are the characters in this game?

Liquorice Girl comfirmed!

Around 11:30-11:40 EST I'm making a lobby that everyone will ignore.

Did anyone make it to rank 20 yet?

MAX MOOSLES is my best friend. I hope he does well in tourneys. His default arms are all good.

I haven't seen many Max Brasses ever since the update hit. A few starting out, but then nothing.

No one is willing to play him at higher ranks because switching to a new character while at 15+ is just asking to get stomped by people who play with their mains. All Max Brass are in party mode.

I've encountered some really spammy people on Rank 12 or so. You'd think by then they'd stop doing that.

It's all about that rush meter gain, dude. Though you're right, it's becoming predictable. That's why its best to start spamming on knockdown or when you have a lot of distance.

Max Brass seems really fucking overtuned. His only "negative" seems to be that he gets fucked over by explosive ARMS, but Spring Man's shockwave, Master Mummy's hitstun resistance when charged (+ extended ARMS charge) and Spring Man's comeback factor which adds that hitstun resistance on top of it is fucking bananas.

He's really fun but he seems to be the best character in the game right now by a long shot.

I guess mostly balanced? Mostly because of ARMS customization. A good character will help supplement your ARMS, but I'd say the ARMS dictate more of the battle.

That is unless you play Default ARMS meta which seems to be the competitive standard - then several characters start losing. Master Mummy, Mechanica and arguably Helix get kinda fucked while Byte & Barq and Spring Man are pretty much top tier because they have some of the best default ARMS - not that the aforementioned characters would necessarily outclass one another if they had all ARMS to choose from but the gap would be a lot smaller.

Is anybody else retaining their streak after a loss?

if you have a 3 or 4 streak and lose you get knocked down to a 2 or 3 instead of to 0.

Max Brass still has the weakness all heavies have, and the fact that he's heug and slow makes him more easy to hit than Springman. So his size and speed are his main disadvantages when compared to the rest of the cast. He really isn't the monster you make him out to be.

I love playing Mechanica!

Mechanica a cute. Too bad she gets fucked over by electric arms.

Everyone gets fucked over by electric arms. It's just that with heavies you have to play more reactively and keep scoring knockdowns. It's a hard life for sure.

Well I mean that she and Master Mummy get extra fucked over because their Super Armor prevents knockdown from electric attacks, so if they get caught while jumping it's free hits. Max Brass doesn't have this problem because he loses his buff mode if he gets knocked down.

A hard life indeed. Well, its up to Mecha/Mummy players to play super gud then, no other way around elemental abuse.

where would you rank the 3 new arms on this list?

Roaster and Nade are S+ if you can aim. Those things are fast and hit way harder than the rest of the glove arms, rush damage is stronger too. The Kablammer should be wherever Whammer is, maybe a little higher since it has aoe explosions, damage is damage after all.

Before I post my FC, anyone want to lobby?

Nobody ever wants to lobby.

I mean I lost and kept my +4

Aw fuck, get up

I hope they either have a comfy chocolate colorscheme or an eye-searing pastel vomit of a design. Or maybe... black licorice gothic lolita?

>Last seconds of 3 for all
>One opponent dead
>Remaining opponent has a sliver more health
>Get close, they block to expect my held rush
>Go for a grab instead because I know what they're doing
>This wins the round

I'm not sure I agree with this placement methodology. Is anyone really going to use Bubb Buff AND Hydra on the same set? I would take one, then a curving arm, and then something with lightning probably.

Yeah, parasol is kind of mediocre when not blocking light arms.

Vanellope with laffy taffy arms.

what do you do against minmins with a thunderbird in their dragon arm

this build consistently fucks me up even as a spring main

Min min is so fucking good.

That dragon arm is so fucking fun. Holy shit I love that stupid Ramen haired fuck.

I have the same question except with Twintelles in general, I don't why Kid Cobra is top tier when Ribbon Girl, Twintelle and MinMin consistently give me more issues

>It's an "Only 2 other people are playing ranked" episode

Kid Cobra could jump longer distances or something. It's one of those subtle things that made people hate to play against him I guess. I had a similar problem with Ribbon Girl just never getting hit, but it turns out that was a bug and hitting people no longer feels like pulling teeth so far.

Yeah I heard about that but KC still feels easier to me

Why is the Commish such a fun guy to play as? I haven't even unlocked any arms for him yet and I kicked ass through level 4 Grand Prix without a single loss.

I find that he's significantly harder against real players, moreso than other characters

I remember when the Testpunch came out and I was convinced that the dragon arm was going to be a high tier arm. Good times.

I've been playing him in ranked and have been winning about 60% or so of my matches

When I first saw what all of his abilities were I thought that he was just a better version of spring man, I don't know whether I'm disappointed or happy that that's not quite the case

This general better wake the fuck up, this game just got funner to play

alright, which one of you fucks is spreading the "permaban people who disconnect" meme?

fuck you

explain what you mean

i've seen that shit on the front page of r/nintendoswitch
what the hell? i think they meant temporary ban but you never know

It's a bullshit idea. I don't even ragequit but some people have shit internet connections and don't deserve to be robbed of something they payed for just because of a disconnection. Reward the players who stay instead

I just want to win the round if the other guy intentionally fucks off before he loses. No need to ban people. Just make it like how party mode solves it.

you think they haven't implemented a reward system for staying players because they're afraid people will abuse it?

How, by being afk? That just means it's a free win for the other player, giving them more points. Everybody wins.

Can't really abuse it since you have no way of pairing up with specific players in ranked.

I'm not sure exactly but I can bet somebody will find a way to exploit it.

but you know what? everyone's complaining about the RNG in the arms getter. why not give staying players an "arm getter pass". some kind of way to ensure the next arm they get would be what they wanted(obviously they only get to use it once per lost connection). maybe let them choose to boost an arm they already have? would solve two problems

Yeah, I just thought about that but people in higher "lost connection" risk areas would kind of be at an advantage, right? like they'd be getting more free wins. seems a tad unfair. then again they get to play less

This might change when people unlock more ARMS for him, but all his 3 base ones say they have no auto aim, making them hard to land, especially over long distances. They hit nice and hard, but you better be close to your opponent if you want a hit (and not just a graze on their ARM or a miss).

This all means that you need to box them in for your ARMS to work best, but at the same time, being MAX HUEG makes you really easy to hit up close and if you charge up you will only get bigger, essentially filling all of their screen and having a really hard time dodging anything.

I forget how much HP he has, but he really doesn't feel tanky, so it's not like you can just take all those punches either.

the best idea would obviously be implementing a store that sells you specific pair of arms for like a higher price
say that, usually with the 200 coins timer, people get around 20/25 arms: that's 8/10 coins per arms. make that the store price is 15-20 coins per specific pair

yeah, that's not too bad an idea. that way they can keep all currency uniform.
as a side note, it would be cool if that arms store showed a little shop and biff was the salesman

Hell = fighting Byte & Barq on Minmin's stage

As a mummy main I pretty much just bait anyone with electrify arms into grabbing or screw over their arms with megaton. Only kind of electric arms that really fuck me are thunder birds. They're so difficult to avoid.

Bird arms are just fancy boomerangs. You should be able to get away by dashing backwards, and only go forwards when they shoot from the sides.

saved

Helix is fucking infuriating as a Minmin main. Catching him upon landing is way too tricky. Thank god for Ramram.

bampu

I wish there could be a way to not be put on Hoops, is the only mode I hate.

Any tips for dealing against agressive players? even if I can predict their attacks I can't do much to stop them.

Fight fire with fire. If you get knocked down and they're in front of you then you have to either jump or block depending on what they do. Also since they most likely have light arms you should have parasol in your load out.

so npd sales comes out next week
do you guys want to make any predictions?

1 copy sold, to me.

I predict regardless of how good or bad they are people will get assblasted.

But I imagine they'll be less than japan more than Europe. Good but not outstanding yet.

>less than Japan
That'd be disastrous. Japan is only barely at 200k right now and US is a bigger region with a bigger audience that seem more likely to be the target base of this game.

I'm just basing this off of how much it seems Japan is more into the game than the US currently. Also from what I heard the sales in japan were pretty good for a new IP console fighter but that could have been shilling.

Realistically we really don't know, but there unfortunately isn't that much talk online about the game in the US so it paints a bad picture. I hope it's selling well though.

Kid Cobra is cool, too bad Ribbon and Helix are more fun to play.

>It's an "aggressive Ninjara shoves you into a corner and spams grab" episode

i mean, it's still around #30 on amazon's best sellers in videogames 2017 but take it as you will
personally, i think it'll be doing fine

best loadout for byte and barq? theyre the ones i have the most unlocks for

Anything that can take advantage of his jump mechanics and barq's assist punch. So you have tons of options really. But generally it's good to have 1 arms of each weight class. Mix and match or double up based on what your opponent has. Personally I run Blorbs (fastest heavy arm), Chakram (stun combos and curve) and Retorcher (fire damage, builds rush fast).

How does Twintelle's special work? You slow down and then what? It doesn't really seem to be good for anything other than being able to float for a bit longer

Found some quality autism

That was me. This technique of strategic disconnection has given me a 100% win rate.

You should be able to save loadouts to different skins. Who's with me

What is even the point for banning people who disconnect, when the latest update just increase the amount of rank you lose for doing so?

That'd be counterproductive to their own balance changes.

>tfw stuck in the middle of rank 16

Slowdown and punish. Gives you a 2nd air dash.

THIS IS A FUCKING REDDIT POST

I disconnect in party mode if it's some dumb shit like skillshot. Hoops is fine though.

I only pick 1 skin per character anyways. Pic related is the best Ribbon.

How do you counter twintelle 2nd air dash? I keep getting wreck by her.

Predict the direction and give her a slap to the face. If they're a really bad Twintelle they'll always do it in the direction they did their first dash.

Dragon lasers are a good way to hit her from distance, her slow down doesn't seem to affect lasers.

>up against a Jap Springman while playing as Max Brass
>gets me down to a quarter while he's still at 75%
>manage to even it up and finish him with a rush

That's what happens when a little Japanese boy tries to take on an American hero, brother.

Had this happen to me today, then I got beat by a Max Brass who was also really grabbt. Right after that I was put into a FFA with the two of them, Max and I grabspammed Ninjara to death

and then I killed Max

>Hydra rush damage nerfed
>still does 380 if you have 2 hydras