BMW M Series Hybrid confirmed

>BMW confirms that hybrid M cars are in the pipeline

So the (arguably) best muscle car manufacturer has confirmed to, at least attempt to, produce the M-series hybrid.

Mind you, it is where we're going towards. Because petrol is bad and electricity comes from magical fairies apparently.

Also mind you, the best super cars today, also called "hyper cars" are all hybrid. Porsche 918, McLaren P1, and the Ferrari TheFerrari. Even the NSX amongst others are really good.

Is this a good thing? Any predictions? Will you stand for this? Embrace it? Kill a prostitute?

autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/bmw-confirms-hybrid-m-cars-are-pipeline

>best muscle car manufacturer

>implying any M car is a muscle car

He did say "arguably". AMG is good as well and even the Americans have some acceptable stuff.

Well maybe not by strict definition but it's what cars should be

This is good if used appropriately.

As in, electric motor for boring eco shit, but primarily there to add torque while you wait for a BIG FUCKOFF TURBO to spool

>bmw
>muscle cars

Yeah if they use the clever torque vectoring it's actually really good. That's the main thing on my mind right now. Not clinging on to my bias, it's actually magnificent European engineering (pleonasm). It can go both ways though

Listen kids, I know Hollywood told you to worship those horrible 'murican things that are reasonably fast in a straight line. and produce a STAGGERING 300hp out of a 8 liter engine but they suck. Move on, find a new hobby, cars are not your thing. And this is not your thread.

>He did say "arguably"
The word means that it's debatable. The problem is that OP's notion is most certainly not the case since there aren't enough valid points to make a cohesive argument to support it.

>BMW are muscle cars

wew lad.

You don't get it, calling BMW M cars "muscle cars" is an insult to BMW.

Every sports car will need to be a hybrid to put more power down. Every econobox will need to be hybrid to increase fuel economy.
Theres no getting around it. Its not necessarily bad, but its going to make things more complicated to work on yourself.

Small displacement gas engines with turbos supplemented by an electric motor is likely what the average new car will look like in just a couple years. Maybe if we're lucky BMW at least will keep their i6 and have it boosted by an EV AWD system.

They could make a faster higher performance version of the i8. Nothings really holding them back. The i8 is pretty dated already, it'll be coming up on 4 years old soon, and obviously design was years before that.

Didn't they also confirm sometoime ago that no M car shall have a 4 pot or smaller engine, meaning I6 and up for days.

I know what you mean yeah. My bad

Not by definition no, like stated, it's an insult to BMW.

Yeah like I said. It is an inevitable road we're on but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Yeah I've got my conservative bias, but I'm human enough to rise above it. Will the driving experience (which is the fucking reason we do this, unless you're american in which case is only what the jews tell you) be better? I think it might

Probably a bad thing desu. The i8 was the F1 teams attempt at a hybrid sports car. It’s probably going to be an ///M version of the i8 based on what they were saying they wanted to do a few months ago in Roundel.

1. It’s impossible to fix on your own or get fixed by a small shop meaning expensive dealer fixes.

2. The i8 has sold more than the Audi R8 and BMW likes the i brand and wants to do an i///M.

3. Based on Tesla’s electric motor repair policy the motors just get replaced whenever something goes wrong. Meaning the i////M won't be around in 20 years because when BMW stops making parts the cars will die off quickly.

4. M8 launches this coming year and so the iM won't be the face of BMW motorsports anytime soon.

5. It probably wont have bicycle tired on the front

I like the i8 and would like to see the M division version. Or possibly the i division version of an M3 but this is less likely as BMW is more interested in an all electric 3 series.

>Ferrari TheFerrari

It's LaFerrari

bmw has gone down the drain in terms of drivers' cars. however, hybrid/electric sports cars are the unfortunate future.
hope someone can do em right

Only interested if they use a high revving N/A motor with hybrid to torque fill like the 918/LaF
(Which they won't)

>of all the flavours, you chose to be sour

I like beamers, mind you, but the fucking point of being a car enthusiast is that whatever you think is fine, is actually fine.

If you can't find enjoyment out of a 4 banger Ford Ranger, you are not a real enthusiast, you are just a cucked normie.

Yes. Ferrari TheFerarri

You get peak torque from 1500 rpm with most new turbo engines now. It's not the 80s anymore.

>but the fucking point of being a car enthusiast is that whatever you think is fine, is actually fine.
>If you can't find enjoyment out of a 4 banger Ford Ranger, you are not a real enthusiast, you are just a cucked normie.

nice contradiction :^)

918 is a TT V8/electic hybrid though.

no it isn't idiot

It's not.

They could make an Mi8, and because it'd be the initial version it'd be the Mi8A
Oh wait

no LaFerrarri because it's way classier in french

Hybrid is a meme. ICEs are expensive, batteries are expensive, electric motors are expensive. What you get when you put of them together is something ultra-expensive. In the end you might as well just double down on electrics since battery technology is advancing rapidly.

Rotfl

Good point. What is the difference between the proper M-series and the ///M that I keep seeing? What even is ///M?

Try at least double that for HP yurofag

Nope. They average a pathetic less than 50hp per liter. I understand that your feeble mind is triggered. It's called "cognitive dissonance" but don't worry your little head on that. You're just not as smart as humans.

>cars are not your thing
>BMWs are muscle cars
Wew fucking lad
I got nothing but respect for BMW but you are fucking retarded.

You dum dum

Wow, so edgy. True though, American cars are inefficient as shit.

Stop replying to this shit bait.

Sage.

Bump because fuck you

Fuck you right back buddy.

sage

>muscle car
mmm alright. Bimmer can be anything if anyone makes it to be one.

>it's another op bumps his shitty retarded bait thread without trip episode