>Live in NY

>have to get your car inspected every 12 months
>if one little thing is wrong with your car it wont pass inspection
Why is this allowed?

>Car has to be spotless to pass inspection
>Bring car that is not spotless to inspection
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY AM I NOT PASSING INSPECTION?!?! IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO PREVENT ILLEGAL CARS FROM DRIVING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

just fucking move to a state that doesn't have inspections or deal with it and keep your car in shape

All the things to complain about in NY and you complain about fucking car inspections? Not the awful, awful roads and ridiculous amounts of salt they throw for six months of the year that CAUSES the cars to not pass inspection?

Fuck, most of NY's stupid laws are written for the city anyway. Everything south of the Southern Tier should just break off and become its own state. New Dork maybe, and name the rest of the state Empire or some shit.

In order to keep the streets safe you tard

>become friends with mechanic
>pay him $30 to "inspect" your car
Bada-Bing Bada-Boom

>keep your car in shape
Good luck with that in NY. Even if you wash your car every week in the winter the salt will still eat away at it. The only real way to keep a car in good shape in NY is to not drive it for half the year.

What he said; don't forget

>retarded tint laws
>no guns
>high taxes

inspections are actually really fucking lenient. i go to apu and pajeet's taxi shop, they ask me if it has a check engine light then take my $40 as they hook it up to the scanner and send me on my merry way instead of wasting time taking wheels off and trying to fail me for bullshit like tint being too dark or a bad bulb. i tip them $20 for lunch when they're finished.

in jersey you actually have to still hook them up to a sniffer like california

Pennsylvania is just as bad if not worse for shitbox owners, with an extremely comprehensive safety inspection that even requires mechanics to test your turn signals to ensure they flash at a certain speed. Although we don't have statewide emissions inspections, most counties require it anyway and every county has different pass/fail standards, which means if you're buying a car from another county you have to get it re-inspected in your county within a week of owning it.

Not to mention the terrible, terrible roads with mountains of salt on them. PA drivers are fairly decent though - can't say the same about NY drivers.

>Why is this allowed?
Because of the huge number of obnoxious people deliberately driving unsafe cars. It's also not helped by dishonest repair shops and repair services that try to help people cheat the law and this frequent cheating forces the law to test each year rather than once every two years in an attempt to catch cheaters.

There's no eliminating these places given the huge minority population, car repair crime, and economics of the area. That's because many immigrants come in from places where the culture is to break laws as often as possible in order to obtain advantage. But that type of culture is what turned their countries or regions into shitty dangerous areas and made them come to America. But then they try to turn America into another repeat of their failed corrupt land.

>Car has to be spotless to pass inspection
Are you kidding? NY has some of the most lax inspection laws there are (at least upstate, don't know about those other fags)
Which is why anyone with a nice car also has a winter beater.

>>have to get your car inspected every 12 months
>>if one little thing is wrong with your car it wont pass inspection
>Why is this allowed?

Why would it not be allowed? Why should you be allowed to drive your car around other people when you're dangerous?

>because many immigrants come in from places where the culture is to break laws as often as possible in order to obtain advantage.
Europeans have been here for ages.

>Are you kidding? NY has some of the most lax inspection laws there are (at least upstate, don't know about those other fags)

I don't know, I was just meme arrowing what OP said, and by his description it seems like they don't let you pass inspection for minor things

That's why most New York residents register their car in Florida to pass that bullshit.

This, had my buddy do an inspection, forgot to give him the key to my wheel locks had no issue because he just checks lights are working.

Because you share the road with other people, and no one wants your dangerous shitbox on the road

>letting some shyster "inspect" my car

>government inspections mandatory and you pay for it: globalbokerface.jpg
>car manufacturers and dealerships: globalbokerface.jpg
>idiots: IT KEEPS THE ROADS SAFE
That's about how it goes

brought my r32 in today and it passed. I fucking hate ny though, im in upstate.

central ny or real upstate?

real (albany)

holy fuck lmao, i drive around with no license, and no insurance in a 500 dollar shitter

My car failed last inspection because the parking brake lever didn’t “click” the proper amount of times. Charged an hour of labor to “correct” it so it could pass. At least they didn’t charge me again to reinspect it. This was at the dealer. Yeah I know I’m an idiot

you?

Lol that's lenient compared to some countries.

Honestly i find that inspections are ok, you can find shops all over that just plug your computer in and don't look at the rest.

It's the god damn idiots who don't know how to drive in the snow even though they've lived all their shitty ass lives in these conditions. Winter is coming.

Sadly we would go broke without NYC revenue.

Why? Wouldn't that also mean removing NYC's costs?