Shit you hear working at a parts store

I'll start

>I don't know what kinda car it is; it's out there. It's green hahahhahahahahhhahhaa

Not that weird if you see your car as an appliance like most people do. I don't know what model microwave or oven I have off hand.

My parts store guys generally hear
>No I told you that's not the part I want I told you the computer would spit the wrong part code out, I know my truck, I've done this before, now get me the part I asked for

I have that same argument every time I try to buy an oil filter

so just give him the part he asked for, asshole. What part of the customer is always right do you not understand

that shit does happen. What part of "I've done this before" don't you understand?

Sisters ex runs local parts store, helped him out a few times when needed

>young dudebro buys two sets of Kenwood speakers
>screws them directly on the doors, over the airbags

>guy sperging because small-town shop didnt stock glowplugs for a Cayenne diesel V8

>town neckbeard comes in to buy two sponges and a chamois that SPECIFICALLY had to be in a tube

>this oil is way too expensive
>we'll knock off 10% since you're buying five bottles
>10%? Thats still way too much
>thats all we can do (profit per product was like 16% on that oil, old-timey engine oil)
>dont you want to make a sale?
>yes, but we have to make money
>I really need this oil tho

And then you had the guy who tried to have us find him spark plugs according to his finger measurements

>Every time I try to buy an oil filter

Reading comprehension guys, I'm the customer.

A microwave is a lot cheaper than a car, though.

Then why are you coming to a store to buy car parts? If you don't know what you are driving I doubt you know how to work on one

>Implying anyone on Veeky Forums drives something more than a $200 beater

My friend works at a bike shop and alot want some mounting for their phones

i beg you are pardon

meme car

Do you enjoy being slower than a 350z while having worse economy?

yuropoors just climb ontop of the curb?

That guys in New Zealand. So probably maoris

>posts a $300 beater

SERVED.

Some places here require you to park two wheels on the curb, otherwise towed. Makes a lot of sense, much more space on the roads.

yeah here is the sign we use for it here

I knew I would have occasion to post this picture one day.

Dat flex tho.

It just remind me of a time when an ambulance was up my ass so I climbed the curb in a Renault Clio with ease and the Navara, X5 and some other battle wagon up front refused to hop the 3" ledge to let the obviously desperate ambulance through. I mean the guy went through every sound his siren could.

>be me
>work for kekzone in community of retarded truckers
>dumb hipster in an Audi comes in
>"I need brake rotors for my car"
>"sorry none in stock have to order from hub"
>"YOU ARE AN AUTO PARTS STORE, HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE PARTS FOR MY CAR!?"

Imagine that, we don't have parts for a car that maybe 3 people own in our area. 9 times out of 10 the customer drives a Silverado or F150.

>guy comes in
>Asks for a specific part number for a specific brand
>Nincompoop doesn't seem to realise I need to know his vehicle brand, model, trim and options.
>GOSH these normies

Thats not stupid though and is easy to do

Just ask for the part by part number.

yes because it means leather seats and a well made sound system. also having no powerband is cozy as fuck.
>show room tire UZZ31
>90,000km
>$300
that's right buses have WiFi how
can confirm. former state housing street. like 6 white people in the whole neighbourhood.

>working on my brother's fiat 500 turbo, doing the brakes
>go to auto zone and get pads
>realize that they aren't the right ones, there was an option for larger brakes that had different pads and i wasn't aware
>find the exact part number i need after contacting a friend of mine who works at an FCA dealership
>back at autozone again and there's a black teenage chick at the counter now
>say i need pads for a fiat, i have the part number
>"i needs to know the model and trim doe"
>understand how the computer system works, tell her it's a 2013 fiat 500 Turbo
>"no i need the trim"
>"...turbo?"
>"no is it a pop, a lounge, a sport, that's the only options that come up"
>fucking Italians JFC

(why do my posts keep being sent as i type them this is the 3rd time today)
>tell her I can just give her the part number
>"naw, you gonna get the wrong part i can't do that errytime someone says that they come back the same day sayin dey got the wrong part"
>thank her for her time, walk out and go to advance auto across the street
>"I need pads for a fiat 500 turbo, i ha--"
>"normal or large calipers?"
thank fuck

You'd think you'd know the name of your microwave if you spent 20 grand on it.

>be customer at parts store
>"i need xyz"
>female working at store
>"what year and model"
>"car has an engine that was never shipped in car, year, make model wont help"
>"Uhh well idk, whats year and model"
>"you wont find it that way, I have the old part here with part number on it"
>has no fucking idea what to do
>dude without his head stuffed 12 feet inside his vagina comes to help
>Turns computer screen to you and slides over keyboard
>broblem solved

>I mean the guy went through every sound his siren could

Kek

i had that argument with parts guy when i needed shocks for my truck, took 3 pairs for me to tell him to let me do it, and i found what i needed using the computer.

he ran my vin, and it came up as wrong submodel and he pulled up some bullshit about it being a hackjob someone put together using different trucks

it was for a 2005 ford ranger edge. that means torsion bars, and 4wd suspesion bits even tho its 2wd. fuck the counter guy, i know my shit

>why does what engine it has matter?

>implying

user your wheels are Really Ugly

i just ask for the part number and i receive the part.

where the fuck do you shop.

>i decide to replace my stock spark plugs since they have 140k miles
>go to advance website, pick out some bosch iridium plugs and order them for store pick up
>go to pick them up, the didindu at the counter asks what car its for (ive already paid online and everything).
>tell him the ford fusion outside.
>he starts telling me that i cant use bosch since its german and my car is american.
>tell him its ok, can i have my plugs.
>he keeps sperging about how it wont work. Tells me i need motorcrafts.
>assure him its ok, i want the bosch.
>after 5 min he gives in and gives me the plugs i ordered.

The plugs were almost identical except for price, the motorcrafts were 20% more expensive. Everytime i go there he gives me a hard time, even though i always have an exact part number ready before i even go in the store. And those plugs worked perfectly, even seemed to give a slight mpg boost.

How are those running in your car?

I’ve never used anything other than motocraft plugs in my P71

Used to do a bit of contracting at one parts store, the funny stories go both ways.

Mechanic: Yeah hey I need this part, xx-xxx-xx
Clerk: What is the license plate number?
M: I'm rebuilding an engine from car x and the engine is in car y, so it wont match even if I knew the number plate. I need this part xx-xxx-xx
C: Sorry sir, it's just that we need the license plate number to assure compatibility with your car
M: Mate, it's not my car, the engine was shipped to us and this is the part number. This part right here *holds part* please.
C: Sorry sir, we can't
>M moves across to the next desk and asks the same question as before
>Gets part 2 minutes later, pays and leaves
C: Gosh, that guy was rude
C2: He works across the road, he's been buying parts from us for the last 20 years and he's never returned a part.
C: Oh.

It was a 2006 fusion 2.3l, reviews for those plugs were good, ran it for 20k miles before i sold it, seemed like it maybe ran a bit better, but could be placibo effect. New owner so far drove another 10k miles without issues. They worked well enough for me, so i bought a another set for my new 2010 fusion hybrid today actually, putting them in tomorrow. Reviews seem good. But as long as theyre gapped properly and made of irdium any brand should work fine for 100k miles.

$3000 isn't really impressive either

I don't know why auto part companies do this shit. I work at one and watch my retarded coworkers splurg all the time with a paragraph of information at people who didn't even ask for it. Just give them an option, if they want advice let them ask for it. The whole thing with auto advice at autozone and advanced is retarded anyways because nobody is going to know your car better than you are.

I don't want to be like the people mentioned in these posts, where do I find part numbers?

Look online, autozone, rockauto, dealerships, etc and save the numbers. Then give it to them and they type it in and it matches and if not it should cross reference to a different brand or something of that nature. Honestly it's not a big deal to go through front counter, it's sometimes complicated if you drive something retarded/European/half production year, etc. If you're going in for brakes suspension and shit you'll be fine.

>break mirror
>try to replace glass
>go to vatozone and tell him my make model and year
>looks right, buy it
>go outside
>it’s for the wrong side
>return it for the other side
>go outside again
>it’s just barely the wrong shape
>return it and tell them to fuck themselves

>Not that weird if you see your car as an appliance like most people do
>being a woman

that’s when you get on the pa and tell them to move their shit

>go into repco
>could I please have a clutch master cylinder for a 1990 Nissan fairlady z NA with the VG30DE
>is that for a manual or an auto
>mfw

Automatics have clutches, the clerk obviously didn't want to knock the possibility you were rebuilding your auto tranny and might have accidentally mistaken the term "master cylinder" for something else clutch related

I mean come on.

I'm not going to buy better looking wheels for my $200 beater.

I know the brand of my microwave but not the model, i thinkt it's the same with cars, if the car model has a name women remember it but not if it's qx50 or 330i or E55

thats a comfy image, thanks user

>we dont have that part but we can sell you our shitty store brand knockoff

>Go to autoparts store for some things I need to get my shitbox going
>dude behind the counter is friendly and seems genuinely knowledgeable about my shitbox and its issues
>unexpected extended social interaction so my autism kicks in
>mumble and say retarded shit
>first good autoparts store worker now thinks I'm retarded

What you fucking 'appliance' retards don't understand is home owners spend weeks and tens of thousands on their appliance set ups.
They know what their appliances are.
They know who made it, what series it is, and a lot of them know when it was discontinued.
The majority of people aren't college aged brown kids who got a used hot point from good will to heat up their tendies.
You are all fucking stupid if you think that people don't know about their appliances. People treat their appliances better than their cars.
I fucking hate nonwhites so much. You're all so fucking stupid.

>want to buy winter tires for my bike
>tell idiot all the data he needs to find tires
>idiot ignors that and demands the data sheet of the bike
>he's either deaf or mentally challenged by the fact that I told him everything from memory
>idiot tells me there are no winter tires for my bike
>cowoker overhears convo
>comes over and shows me plenty of tires
wew, that was hard

what lol

They're better black, but I'm not wasting money on truck rims.

Bosch plugs are shite though.

And even if you don't know the brand and model, how hard is it to just look at the sticker in the back before you go shopping for parts.

paint them

>go to supercheap
>all the parts are right there in front of me with a book to look up what part i need
>if they dont have it i either get it on the supercheap website or ebay
>go to repco
>ask for sump plug
>pajeet gives me the wrong sized one expecting me to come back and buy oil
repco is fucking shit mate

I always look the part up on their online store before even going in so I know 1. that they have the part in stock and 2. the part number is usually highly visible on the website

>my son rounded off my sparkplugs. Please help

clerks that do that shit should honestly be beaten to death in the street

I hate niggers and jews as much as the next guy (not that anybody actually likes them) but uuuuuhhh this ain't exactly the place.

... they are. That's the same truck

I was working on my 2013 Charger, replacing the front hubs because dodge can't make a front end worth shit.

Snapped a bolt, went to the Chrysler dealer for another one. They tell me that the front end on my car doesn't exist, and that at some point it must have been in a serious accident and they replaced the whole front end from a different vehicle. I brought the fucking hub in, took pictures okf the front end assembly, everything I could think of. They got their "head mechanic who has supposedly won tons of awards and worked on lots of these cars, he said the same thing.

I point out that every fucking picture of my cars front end online is the same as mine, every instructional book, video, etc has the same one as mine, and new parts from all the stores ship the same as the one I'm holding in my fucking hands. I had to get them to Google the fucking part numbers, and look at Google images before they even came close to believing me.

Turns out that their system had the front end for the AWD and the RWD version as if they were the same. All of that, and it was a fuck up in their system.

What I want to know, is how the he'll their mechanic supposedly never saw the front end on a RWD charger.

I never got my bolt from them in the end either....

Holy shit

I have every store within 10 minutes of me advanced napa zone orielly auto part and dealers.
Always go to same advanced because the 2 managers are both car guy ones a jeep guy other is mustang. Every so often they have a new hire who dosent know me and tries to give me shit. Its not their fault i look like a normie. Its kinda fun watching them squirm when the manager walks over and punches in a massive discount and starts bull shitting with me after they were a dick.

I work at a lawnmower shop and every customer is an idiot

>hey my lawnmower wont start what you think is wrong with it
>i don't know who made it, it's red
>yeah my battery is HOTTER'NA FIRECRACKER
>volt meter? what's that?

There is no way that truck was $200

>go to vatozone
“Hey, I need a bulb for the dome light in my ‘03 PT Cruiser”
>counter dude types, then says:
“Does it have ABS or no?”

Hey dipshit, it’s an interior bulb. Also no.
“Oh sorry that’s out of stock”
Went to the O’riley’s next door and got one without being asked inane questions.

It doesn't *work* that way!

>get auto parts job at Canadian tire
>be in highschool taking auto classes
>have a general idea how cars work so parts manager has me close store during weeknights with back parts guy as only support
>customer comes in and asks for stabilizer end links
>shit
>parts catalogue is divided by components and even has a search feature for words but I can't find them
>5 MINS Go by of me trying to hide my inadequate training and stupidity while looking through every category
>customer is British and says they may be called anti-roll bars or sway bars
>facepalm

I will never forget how stupid I felt and how nice he was about it. The gentleman came in like twice a month for years, with his son to work on their cars and motorcycles. They were some of the nicest people I've met and of the thousands of faces I helped i remembered their vehicle everytime they came in because they were such good customers and taught me the most valuable lesson:

there is always more to learn and you'll never know what will come through the door.

>go to autozone tho pick up two axle nuts for my miata torsen swap
>local store only has one in stock
>guy looks up the part and tells me the store in neighboring Spiccentral has one in stock.
>drive into Spiccentral, see theres like five slammed honda civics parked in the lot, backed in
>nothing unusual in Spictown
>go in and see all the employees doing jack shit talking to each other
>manage to get ones attention, he seems annoyed that he needs to help me
>tell him im looking for an axle nut
>he says they dont sell axle nuts there
>ok bud
>that's weird, the other store said you had one
>oh they did? well let me look that up
>oh look at that we do have one

Yeah give me that nut you lazy fuck. wait what?

>>No I told you that's not the part I want I told you the computer would spit the wrong part code out, I know my truck, I've done this before, now get me the part I asked for
>>tell her I can just give her the part number
>>"naw, you gonna get the wrong part i can't do that errytime someone says that they come back the same day sayin dey got the wrong part"
>>"i need xyz"
>>female working at store
>>"what year and model"
>>"car has an engine that was never shipped in car, year, make model wont help"
>>"Uhh well idk, whats year and model"

I went through that as well. Some clerks are super-stupid.

You work st a lawn mower shop, but you think everyone else is stupid? Ha ha

tbf I'd imagine absolutely everyone that walks into a lawn mower storer, customer or worker, would be retarded.

That's pretty cool...shit like that is what keeps you grounded in reality, in that no matter what you think you know...you will never know it all...
I've worked as a cabinetmaker for over 26 years now, and I still make mistakes, and still learn something new almost every day...

When retail employees are annoyed that they actually need to do their job for once. That's when I get fucking mad. It's the easiest fucking job in the world, get off your ass and actually work for your money.

It wasn't. That user isn't me.

>walk into O'Reilly
>Looking for PCV valve, ask employee for help.
>looks around shop, picks up some random fucking plastic stopcock.
>"That's not a PCV valve."
>"Sure it is! See? Plastic!"

Had to explain to him the difference between polyvinyl chlorate (PVC) and positive crankcase ventilation (PCV).

>Pic related, it's what I was looking for anyways.

>polyvinyl chlorate
polyvinyl chloride

Thx user. The point still stands.

yea if it was a chlorate it'd be extremely reactive and probably oxidize the shit out of the plastic portion

What in the name of fuck could you confuse for a master cylinder in an auto transmission?

He was probably new. PCV valves are one of the most common thing people buy.

>young dudebro buys two sets of Kenwood speakers
>screws them directly on the doors, over the airbags
Great homemade claymore in case of suicidal thoughts

>And then you had the guy who tried to have us find him spark plugs according to his finger measurements
I want to laugh and cry at the same time. Maybe i'll install that improvised claymore for myself

the actual fuck?

worked in electrical wholesale. brits have some really stupid names for parts and most get really uppity when you try to tell them the NA name so they dont have the same problems. you were lucky.

Everyone just quit and your supervisor is in rehab so nobody told you.

>want to purchase a lawn mower
>am now retarded
?? ?

>we ordered this part and we never received it
The driver says he delivered it and his vehicle camera footage backs up his claim
>the part we need is not here so obviously it never happened, where is the part?
That long black thing is the part you ordered and the driver definitely delivered it
>it’s not the right part
Would you like to order the correct part?

>purchasing a lawnmower anywhere but craigslist
Ishyddt

>go into autozone with my car's make and model
>just need some new brake pads
>the scraggly teenager at the counter asks for the part number
>i tell him if he just types in the make and model he can find it fast
>"uhhhh whats the part number?"
>ask him for the keyboard, type in the make and model, and find it instantly
>kid tells me he was just trying to save me time

Fucking autozone i swear

I already have a shitbox car that I'm constantly fixing, I don't need the same user experience while trying to mow the lawn.

Dude, it's a lawnmower not a 2017 vehicle with more electronics than lubricated parts.

If you want to fuck around with old shit when you can buy a new one for a couple of hundred, go right ahead my man

>not taking that couple hundred and buying a mower/edger/blower of CL
ok dude