/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Gold Saucer edition

>Live Letter next week!
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d82504e50bab50729ff7eb104ac7e9d71e752890

>PS4 Shutdown Bug Fixed
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/3f490aae215dfae97f56ce10cb0371701025ea54

>4.01 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/33efbf65a7c6b86b3c62816b7a75523012584b54

>Simultaenous Logout Measures
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/263f9a10fe534e8c93e43d08fde73eaba1c52976

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/HuaAJ6wM

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yhd-yEa7dPj2WY9X3t02w0P3WeDydVRCWWzQiBoifuA/htmlview?sle=true#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How to actually get on the rooftops of Ul'dah?

tell me your secrets

Tell me about NIN, /xivg/.

it's competing for SAM spot, more or less

It's my second job leveling through stormblood and I haven't got a weapon upgrade in any dungeons and im almost 67. Im still using the Kinna weapon and everything on the AH is lower W DMG. Is there anything else I can do or just fucking roll with it?

Im a tank

wrong thread senpai

What would be the best way to recreate an equestrian outfit?

Also, post chocobos.

>no fox eared shitter in the OP

Well color me surprised

buy a high quality weapon, not NQ

Look behind the left pillar.

former knight of ishgard seeking female voidsent that understands that i hit you because i love you too much

played by 90% low functioning autists and 10% genuine bros

Scion Adventurer's top along with some sort of tights dyed white would probably fit the bill pretty well. Then maybe the Starlight boots or something else similar.

That person is really sick in the head. I honestly wonder if he even sleeps.

Best mans jacket and some... Expeditioner boots maybe?

I dont do hats so check for those yourself but the pants are easy too.

I'm unsure if I want to play DRK or WAR, the edgleord in me wants to play DRK but triple fel cleaves are very satisfying.

I still can't believe the knighthood had regulations against eating pringles with your mouth open during meetings.

How do you spot the difference?

SCUM

Bloodspiller feels better than fell cleave in my opinion

he's not in the foreground showing his ugly as sin character for the nth time this week, nobody cares

that doesnt change the fact that the guy needs a permaban, thankfully new mods seem to be around tonight

Do you hate moogles or do you hate yourself more?

fell* whoops

>make a wt group
>15 people join and leave within 10 minutes because the group doesn't fill up 5 seconds after they join

Buy HQ weapon or have someone craft it for you.

The answer is always play both, or all three. When you gear one you gear the others, anyways. Having the flexibility is nice, anyways.

hellfire ribbit

So, quick rundown on healer mechanics for Kugane Castle and Temple of the Fist? I'm gonna farm 'em for healer gear and mogs, would like my first time bonus to be applied to everyone involved swiftly, instead of after 3 or 4 wipes.

Why are DPS such losers?

its fast its fun

DRK playstyle became utterly boring and shitty
WAR playstyle became clunky as shit but feels oddly rewarding when you can get the most out of the rotation which is a bit more complicated now thanks to the gauge

if you want easy, forgiving but boring play drk
if you want extremely clunky and unforgiving play war

if you want as close to perfection as a tank class can get so far in 4.0 play pld

regardless of what you pick nothing will feel better than WAR last expac

I have no secrets

i thought that was dominion

DPS are autists attached to big numbers or turbo beta males terrified at the thought of having any real responsibility.

Best Man's Jacket (Dalamud Red for hunting dress)
High House Breeches
Sharlayan boots (from lvl 59 Gubal Library)

I never found an acceptable hat or a riding crop.

Alright, I'll look into these.
I figure if I need to race to get that cute barding, I may as well look the part.

this isn't funny

>attached to big numbers
Yet most of them still can't get past a extreme trial DPS check.

>his afk tag disappeared 30 minutes ago
>this thread shows up
>he is afk again

Did he actually set up a timer, woke up, made a thread and went back to sleep? Holy shit Guffy, I'd recommend making new friends.

t. knight of ishgard with sensitive hearing

>easy, forgiving but boring play drk
That description fits PLD to a T, as well. Just because PLDs good doesn't mean it isn't even more braindead than DRK.

PLD is also pretty braindead, but I don't think it's anywhere near as boring to play as DRK

I'm kinda tempted to make a roe warrior now, and live out my dreams of being an Iron Knuckle. Shit, it even fits Hellguard naming scheme pretty well.

Don't settle until the live letter and 4.05, as these will give a general idea of where the classes are heading in the future. Of the two right now though DRK is much better since WAR has zero utility and makes healers want to kill themselves.

I've run Kugane so little I forget half the fights but both dungeons are a lot of positioning and dodging of stuff for fights. Only thing that really stands out is that for Fist's final boss there's an attack that will reduce someone's HP to almost zero.

Is endgame still farming your dailies queues + singular raid and weekly EX(s)?

Thanks senpai.

>makes healers want to kill themselves
>literally the best cooldowns in the game
>also easier to heal than the other two

the only thing WAR has going for it right now - since all tank dps is pretty close - is the fact that they are incredibly durable

why the misinfo for no reason?

afaik there aren't any but I havent run expert in a couple weeks since the only 70s I have are healers and I have all my gear. You should recognize all the potentially lethal boss mechanics from other dungeons

>I need dis

Weekly EXs drop Tuesday but yes

TELL

What the fuck?

I guess as opposed to a tank class, I could also play BRD or machinist. I'm pretty indecisive so I'll probably just level everything very slowly anyway.

i'm collecting yellow scrips by afking between rhea/othardian plum spawns while watching anime, it's pretty comfy. thanks for the concern buddy. i slept well.

I want to hold hands with Merlwyb.

Not that guy but I have yet to encounter one who knows how to play. They either don't use any defensive CDs and try to go into Deliverance during trash pulls (and lose control of everything) or they're content respecters who do 900 dps. I believe you that they are still very durable but the skilled players seem to have all switched to other stuff-- at least in my experience. I pretty much only do the primals and omega normal with my static so I don't really encounter the general population too much in those.

So maybe that guy is just taking his subjective experience as fact or indication of how the class plays. If I did that I'd think warrior was shit too.

>shit up the place as a SAM
>maybe I should level MNK, it has simple combos so it should be easier!
>realize this is what I've told myself both times I've leveled MNK and it was never ever as good of an idea as I thought
>probably just sucking terribly as much as anything because I haven't played a DPS properly since ARR
Mind you my best DPS class then was DRG and that was still a shitload less resource management

Raid gear looks like shit

Why does the white gear look better than endgame gear...why do they choose to go with that thematic.

I just wanna look cool

I said he makes healers want to kill themselves, not that he isn't durable. Mathematically speaking I'm pretty sure defiance HP bonus is more or less equal to the passive mitigation of DRK and PLD, but most healers will shit their pants when they see you drop 20,000 in an instant.

He's definitely a lot less durable in dungeons though with his neutered self-sustain. I sincerely hope they do something about this shit because there's literally no reason to bring a WAR along.

>vistas seen from inside dungeons like Temple of the Fist are fucking amazing
>also dotted with cool setpieces and details
>actual overworld looks like plastic shit, "hidden" areas are completely barren beyond the vistas like they don't expect anyone to actually explore beyond flying around for the sightseeing log
I'm a little upset

>running Temple for Expert as DRG
>finish the last trash pull before the second boss with full Gaze and 30 seconds on the meter
>the tank stops right in front of the boss and does nothing
>urge him to initiate so I can keep my gaze stacks going into the fight
>stfu i'm gearing -_-
>spends the ENTIRE duration of my meter standing around doing nothing
>waits until the moment BotD drops to finally initiate
I swear to christ the fucker did it on purpose

Not all the pieces. Some of the Striking pieces like the arms and legs look good if you want to go with a good set of armor/cloth.
Fuck that hat though.

A lot of i160 gear looked way better than Gordias crap either. I've never been all that in love with most first Coil gear too for that matter.

life is unfair

I don't think most healers really look at the HP number rather than the percentage of the bar

Rampart is better than Bloodbath though

Warriors never lost tankiness in any way, healers just need to understand that if a WAR drops 20k - it's not nearly as big of a deal compared to if a DRK drops 20k

They either need to change content to make Shake it Off useful, or completely redesign/replace Shake it Off, or buff WAR to be the SAM of tanks since they aren't bringing the utility that they used to

I'm kinda the opposite, this is the first time raid gear given out via the token system has existed that I liked enough to commit to the idea of doing it every week to try to get it. I'll be doing it for the aiming set, and once I finish that I'll be getting the striking set.
I have a stupid love of that sort of sengoku-ish armour though. Even the bean sprout hat. I love the stupid helmets with stupid crests on them.

is it possible for me to craft something for level 60 leve without overmelded IW armor? i currently have ilvl 140 and 170 green scrip gear

Guess the class

I would watch out if I was susano

SCH

Probably. I'm not sure though. You may not be able to just steamroll everything with a macro, I would do some tests before sinking a bunch of gil into (or spending time gathering) mats. You'll certainly be able to make NQ turn-ins, I assume you're asking about HQing stuff.

Where do you guys find all these cringe machines - is it all on Balmung?

I've encountered maybe one of these autists in my whole time of playing on Behemoth

DRK.

If not, SAM.

what are your stats? there's low end rotations but you might need more CP

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yhd-yEa7dPj2WY9X3t02w0P3WeDydVRCWWzQiBoifuA/htmlview?sle=true#

you take that back
I just noticed the "spectacles" part I guess sch would make sense but this guy was a Ninja.

obviously SAM

That person is on Coeurl

Does anyone else find Minfilia as infatuating as I do?