/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>everythings cool edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Chronicles On Tape Podcast EP. 8
youtube.com/watch?v=enPuAIH4iyQ

>1995 Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=BOn4SAHSHVQ

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=2fe2qUWPU1M
youtube.com/watch?v=vK75KSr61eE
youtube.com/watch?v=cQL5noDRIqc

>NSX Crash
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyqKv2VKr1Q

>Original Fanboy
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4CXkHZCeQ&t=122s

>Accord Headlights
youtu.be/zAO1bl8T4u4

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1993-acura-legend-coupe-manual/6392388851.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bhXpWubC6qU
youtube.com/watch?v=BzD_3XdeRKw&list=PLfnwgEwZIOv4Qik5Q585dFOsAj7-5NHIP&index=10
denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-honda-accord-v6-manual/6368562654.html
rockauto.com/en/catalog/acura,1994,integra,1.8l l4,1000359,brake & wheel hub,caliper,1704
nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=honda civic&hasPic=1&bundleDuplicates=1&search_distance=45&postal=03301&min_price=200&max_price=1800&auto_transmission=1
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-honda-civic-ex/6378560102.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-honda-civic-1100-or-best/6384492373.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-civic-coupe-ex-1998/6372708507.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

>tfw it turns out you haven't been peeling out of stops and it's just the accessory belt squealing

Hope to one day own a new NSX so i can enter it into the collage as fastest VTAC in /hg/.

>VTAC

Did you mean V-TACS?

Is there a particular transmission fluid that your guys could recommend for a 6 speed manual? Mine is grinding a little when it's really cold out and and some clutch chatter when taking off or downshifting without rev matching. I'd like to try changing the fluid to help with this. I was thinking maybe some brand of Syncromesh like Amsoil?

Still working on my Nissan KA24E :3

explaining where i was to my dad
>yeah i just picked up my fuel injectors today
>when i got the car one was covered and dirt and now one is leaking
>i figure if i replace those two ill get better mileage

>''two? cars have only one injector''
>mfw

sorry dad, im the mechanic in the family

How much should I be paying to lower my 98 accord
I was quoted 600$ and idk if I’m competent to do it my self
Or is it not that hard and should I man the fuck up

nibba use ground control/kyb for shock and spring and do it yourself
what tools you have?
i did a bit on mine and it wasnt too bad

Almost got smashed by another black CM5 with no lights at night, Illuminated gauges were a mistake.

i love my cousins

whomst seriously thought that the same function only available with the lights on should be also on with the lights off
people would be driving with the p brake on if it werent for the lights and chimes nowadays

Use oem or royal purple if it's your racecar

>reversing in traffic
>Making the Acura reverse into others
>blindly turning on a yield
>almost getting hit by traffic

such a weird feeling looking at your car in another car, especially from behind

Have you put your winter tires on, snow nihgas?

Cursed image.

Naw. 54F is pretty cold to me though.

I hate when that shit happens.

>Tfw no super clean CB7

>aunt used to own a 5spd cb7
damn it was too good for its time

post images to vapor

What tools do I need

ratchet set, breaker bar, torque wrench, something to keep the car up, screwdrivers, magnet preferably on stick, perhaps spring compressor
if you're like me with a set of jackstands and one big floor jack and a little compact hydraulic jack, you can use the smaller one to compress the suspension upwards and gently lower it in lieu of a compressor

More than a week ago, my nihga

This crap happens to me every time I jack up my car.
>tfw no level surface to park my car on

>people would be driving with the p brake on if it werent for the lights and chimes nowadays

Did it a few times, was wondering why I was skidding when I was turning.

opinions?
phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1993-acura-legend-coupe-manual/6392388851.html

8/10
Don't pay more than $3300
Where's your civic

still scooting around, had to put old suspension on to pass emissions, shitty exhaust job left the cat hanging really low and they wouldn't let me run

Stop driving please

I know that feel. The exhaust hangs much lower than the rest of the car. With enough passengers and groceries my resonator will rub on the speed bumps at home.

o.o

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=bhXpWubC6qU

Feels like my EK is back to getting like 10 - 15 miles per gallon again.
Took a quick drive into the town about 15 minutes each way and my tank went from a little above half all the way down to 1/4.

youtube.com/watch?v=BzD_3XdeRKw&list=PLfnwgEwZIOv4Qik5Q585dFOsAj7-5NHIP&index=10

if your problem is like mine check injectors

You smell fuel or anything? If the engine was actually consuming that much fuel that fast it'd probably be running like shit. Probably just a big leak somewhere.

That thing must be emitting the most dank smell to only go 10mpg with a 1.6L

Probably this

Who makes good break lines I can get sideways with
I’m getting new tires for Christmas so I want to get the most of these

Change my collage pic please
87 Prelude

New seats are in, here's a before and after
They're so much comfier.

I know when the fuel line running into the fuel rail cracked I got a good whiff of it the second I started the car. Was super lucky to have the exact length fuel hose in the back.

Just had to swap the brackets over? They look great.

Yes, brackets needed to be swapped and that was it. They're in near perfect condition, I am SO happy I managed to find these

well so much for my bottom mount log setup. the plumbing was retarded because the turbo was meant to have the inlet face the timing belt side but since my turbo is so big i had to reverse it and fucked up everything. I'm back to the tried and true top mount.

Thats a pretty nice looking setup my guy

Anyone know if doing a K24A4 intake manifold swap on my K24Z3 would do anything? The shape of the stock one is pissing me off and its made out of plastic. Thing looks like it's for emissions not flow

what oil catcvh

You're looking for stainless steal braek lines

locash racing with 6 port and 2 breather. fitting's are 10AN

the z3 is probably better imo

Thanks for the tip, will definitely get it checked out this weekend.

Nah there's no fuel smell at all. The only thing I notice differently about how it drives is that whenever I hit the gas, no matter how slow/fast I'm going, the car lunges forward for a split second even with very slight pressure on the pedal. Could this be an indicator of anything specific?

It's a 2000 EK Sedan with a CVT, due for a tranny oil and filter change right about now. Everything else works like it should as far as I can tell.

Probably running rich since i think its dumping fuel causing you to surge

I'm gonna be checking out pic related in a few days. Think 4.2k is a reasonable offer to make on this thing?
Are there any outstanding issues I should be keeping my eye out for? I heard the transmission issues with Hondas are only on the autos.

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-honda-accord-v6-manual/6368562654.html

Yeah, you're probably right, that makes a whole lot of sense. Might be something like the coolant temp sensor going bad causing it to run really rich.

Just go for a test drive, if it's good, offer 42 large, if he doesn't take it, offer 4500.

You think it'd be good with just some quick glances in the usual places?
I'm no good with a wrench and I was considering getting a pre-buy inspection done, just to be sure.

never knew older eks came wtih cvt
never knew cvt was even a thing back then

anyways i bet its obd i soat least you can have that checked

I think checking the overal condition and driving it hard to see how it runs is good enough for an old CM8, it's not like a BMW or Mercedes that can become a money pit.

Battery is way more secure now. Also put in some pretty much new black front seat belts. My old ones were gray, dirty, and wouldn't retract. Just need to dremel the Taurus cup holder to fit it in the car then install the seat brackets.

Yeah, it caught me by surprise at first. What's even more surprising is that it's actually very reliable, but if they break they are a bitch to fix. ~206k miles and still going, as far as I can tell it's the original tranny (didn't ask prev owner).
Will have full diagnostics done tomorrow.

Lookin good, I heard the leaves won't let you register your curr if the battery is banging around.

v-tax
I had to take my battery tie downs off because they stared to corrode.
Using a bungie at the moment, would like to place it either behind the passenger or center in the rear storage

They don't even open the hood in Louisiana. This tiny battery just looks weird with the OEM mounting hardware.

I thought about a relocation but I'm always filling up the back with stuff so it would be in the way. They do sell a relocation kit for these Odyssey batteries though.

Got my 98' accord excluded last month and rightfully so. Here's a refresh.

Alright, I'll stick with that then.
Hopefully anything that isn't obvious just by looking at it will show up during the test drive.

It should be a good running CM8 just because he wants $4800 for it, if he wanted like $2800 for an EX V6 6MT, yeah thats questionable

I'd still like to try to get it for 4200 or so, but hopefully he listed it at that price because it's good to go and not because he's fishing.
Can't really think of much to argue dropping the price with going off the listing though.

Hell I gotmy CM5 from $5000 down to $4400 because the radio wouldn't work and some minor things,

I hate that I even have this car, but it runs great and the body line game is ridiculous.

Uh oh

what did you order today /hg/?

I ordered a slap.

Front right end squeaks like a motherfucker when decompressing since I changed my tires. No clunking/vibrating/etc as far as I can tell, just autistic screeching.
How worried should I be and should I take it to get checked out or would I get laughed out of the garage?

A new caliper

Fug that's cheap. Integra GSR calipers cost like twice as much.

my bud got it for me for cristmas

Check rockauto, that's where I got mine. Feels like everything is just dirt cheap here

rockauto.com/en/catalog/acura,1994,integra,1.8l l4,1000359,brake & wheel hub,caliper,1704

Let's just hope I don't need more calipers . Kek

So my cousin just got himself the newest gen civic
details soon but whats the general idea of those things?

We'll have to see as they get older, but I wouldn't wanna get rammed by one cause it's fucking huge.

Hey guys
I have a 40$ budget
Idk what I should ask for for crismas from my friend that’s car related

What kind of car is it?

98 accord sedan

I have been looking way too fucking long and need a fresh set of eyes and opinions.
Wants:
>physically has an engine transmission actually in the car that are functional
>isn't a rust bucket

nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=honda civic&hasPic=1&bundleDuplicates=1&search_distance=45&postal=03301&min_price=200&max_price=1800&auto_transmission=1
I wish I could filter out the cars in mass, but they post on our craigslist so it's annoying.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-honda-civic-ex/6378560102.html ?
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-honda-civic-1100-or-best/6384492373.html ?
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-civic-coupe-ex-1998/6372708507.html ?

I might be retarded but it looks like there are quite a few

Meant to post this with my links

>tfw it's happening

Can't wait to ride in this beauty.

>Sexy white paint down to the aprons
Noice

I need to be talked out of this

>$358 in Nani money
That's kinda a shitload for a piece of fiberglass or whatever they make it out of.

Need proof again nihga

depending on the trim its almost a luxury vehicle

It is but its the cheapest ive ever seen it for sale, and there is a market for them so if i was to decide I wanted to remove it someone would most likely want to buy it

Ordered a double smoked bacon egg and cheese on a croissant, grande strawberries and creme and a tall strawberry tea at Starbucks today. Other than that, I didn't order anything else.

What do you mean when decompressing? How are your shocks and springs? It's probably suspension related though

When I press down on it or turn left I don't really hear much but when I turn right or lift it up the noise is really noticeable.

I wouldn't worry about it if the shock performs decently and it's not wearing out, the shocks on my mom's sonata 6 don't even make noise but they're fucked.

Save up an extra grand to increase price range and get something better.