/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Prev = NEWS =
>1.03 patch notes
tekkengamer.com/2017/07/04/ps4-tekken-7-patch-ver-1-03-launched-japan-regions-soon-follow/
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e_gW_Yf6iJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not only was this one first, but it has Eliza in it. Going with this one, lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_gW_Yf6iJc

why do you keep posting the same 2 webms?

To hammer home a point.

This is embarrassing. You're not proving a point. The game is probably better off without you playing it. You didn't even punish his rage art. What the fuck is wrong with you.

*jabs you 3 times in a row from half screen*
What do you do about this lads?

sidestep

He only won 2 matches since release

damn, ok I'll make sure to filter him then

*Hits you with d/b+2, clipping you as you step*
Now what?

Couldn't watch it past 30 seconds, retard on the left is letting King press his -12 moves over and over again

if d/b2 is the move i think it is it wouldnt reach after 3 jabs

This is embarrassing to watch. Especially at the end where the Ling player could have BTFO the King player after that blocked RA.

tekken is basically hand slap game meets a bunch of frame rate data. What's seriously the appeal? Is this like a brain training game for unemployed people? Hand slap for the modern age? LOL

apparently you aren't paying attention to reddit, there are a bunch of noobs like myself who have been complaining and deleting their account because the game sucks shit. I was super anticipating Tekken, but I think it's the worst game I've played all year, and honestly one of my all time least favorite games. I enjoyed Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, and Guilty Gear, but this game sucks shit. I can't think of another game that's been worse than Tekken 7 for me.

Tekken is pure muscle memory and memorizing boring crap. It's seriously one of the worst games I've ever played.

>copypasted from a YouTube comment on the video

I love Eliza!

We've read this pasta, like, four threads ago. (You).

>I enjoyed Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, and Guilty Gear

I think he is lying about this. He would have at least had better reaction time on that blocked rage art if he put any amount of time into those games. He would have also had a better feel for attack ranges and would not have been whiffing every other attack.

they need to fucking nerf Paul's damage
this fucking nigger does too much damage with just 1 combo (doesn't even need CH)

Go on...

PS4 Asia Lobby?

>Asia

>691 win
>grand master
lmao

Lucifer?

>steve can unga you to death and has 1 button side steps for retards
>Paul can just get 1 unreactable sweep and just rape your health
>all of Leo's moves are safe as fuck and you have to quickly ss if you actually want to get damage on him
>bears have a fucked up hitbox and do an absurd amount of damage
>Alisa is literally a retarded machine that can do whatever she wants and fly/chainsaw you and win
>Asuka is so broken, she can do a safe 10 frame string that forces you into a crouching state than instantly hopkick you for a free launcher combo
>the worst part is these are all low iq characters that any retard can pick up and play
I fucking hate this god damn game. I'm just going to turn on my trainer against these niggers

?

Isn't aris a Tekken commentator?
Has he been commentating anything recently?

>>Asuka is so broken
Here's your >(you)

This is a very good gif.

Sounds like you're pretty bad

>Nin and kkokkma at WNF
Someone's gotta stop Nin so they don't end up having a Korean grand final at their local.

>Asuka is so broken

He's mentioned a few times that he's only doing minimal commentary at EVO, definitely not Top 8/finals

Asuka buff when?

me irl

>sounds like you're pretty

:)

bad

:(

she's already top tier in korea

I love to kill people with her 2,4 just to see her panties during the KO

>it's a paul vs paul episode

>Steve
>low IQ

Hmmmmm

>really want to main Law
>know I'm going to be hated and have no runbacks with anyone

>>Asuka is so broken, she can do a safe 10 frame string that forces you into a crouching state than instantly hopkick you for a free launcher combo

Which string

>want to try to get good with Lili
>find out I'm useless without gimmicky, long-reach characters like Gigas and Kuma

how do I fix this

it's the only way

df+3+4

lili's got those stupid flips that cover the entire screen

Is Yoshimitsu really that hard or is he just whacky in neutral?

does everyone in Tekken have the same backdash and forward dash speeds and distance?

SAME SHIT ALL THE TIME

no, they vary

He's difficult because he isn't very good

no, sidesteps vary aswell

Stop posting here you stupid nigger

how about movement speed (holding back/forward) and health values?

>steve can unga
Only if you're a mashing retard who keeps getting caught by CHs, stop baiting me with this stupid shit

i believe everyone has the same amount of health, 180 or 160?
not sure about walkspeed/runspeed

Lucky Chloe fanart

You should've stopped reading as soon as you saw the word unga user. That's what I've been doing

What makes him so bad

he's got a lot of tools, but they're strictly lesser versions of other people's tools. Worse frames, worse damage, worse crushing, that type of thing.

I really don't believe this is true in T7 at all.

Yoshi also hits like a fucking freight train in T7.

A ton of tight execution for ~55 damage combos, gimmicky tools that even scrubs can beat by dashing and hitting buttons, footsie game is lacking and he doesn't have any real setups like Kat's 112 into CH df4 (because it's +7 on block). But if you like him, play him, it's better than playing someone you don't enjoy.

Why even ask of you're going to shrug it off and make shit up?

Really really really good character bruv if im bein honest

170 health for everyone

Raven hits like a freight train with her rageless 90+ damage wall carry combos or optimized 75 damage infinite stage ones. Or Katarina getting 65 damage from, literally, uf44, ff4, 444f, 4. Or Paul, doing Paul things. I just don't think Yoshi has the kind of neutral game to win a tournament, even if Knee or whoever played him.

That's not me user ;-; I understand why he's considered ba

>Why even ask of you're going to shrug it off and make shit up?

I'm not that guy and I've played Yoshi for over a decade. He is better in this game than he has been for years. Easily a solid mid-tier.

Koreans will never play him because he is completely antithetical to their style.

>having problems against bears

>I have an incredible bias and will make things up with no evidence

Why the fuck would I be biased towards saying my main character is better than commonly assumed?

>why would I be biased
>my main character

WAN TU

TEHE

bruv...

Thank you king jae
From your tips I have ascended beyond a normal shitter gigas and into semi shitter territory

Is he /ourguy/?

/ourbruv/

So i play Josie and Akuma, and noone likes fighting me. Who do I plauly that's honest?

Paul

Jin.

>all high damage sweeps are reactable
>paul's isn't
good job harada

Yoshimitsu

>tfw will never be able to pull this off again ever

That was sick

arab bob

Lars

What's wrong with Josie?

most unga character in the game

If your entire Kazuya gameplan is jab mashing with the occasional random """optimistic"" df2 (and of course never going for the pewgf combo if you actually land it), then nothing but wavedashing towards them with hellsweep/axekicks when theyre on the ground (because in your head you think this is a real 50/50);
Switch to Kazumi

If you actually use Kazuya's uf4444 more than once in a blue moon;
Switch to Katarina.

If your Steve offense is almost entirely trying to roll cancel every single move (and probably going for the extended duck 2 unblockable almost every single time);
Switch to Shaheen

If your Steve offense is almost entirely b1 into FLK string mashing, and you actually use backsway moves regularly because you saw it in a slowmo twitch clip highlight reel(bonus: with random df1+2s and the only low you actually use is df2 because at your level this is "unseeable");
Switch to Josie

They made characters for people like you. You won't fool any real players by calling "yourself" honest when all you're doing is trying to play these characters as dishonest as possible while impeding your learning speed of the game and making yourself look like a douche in the process.

Get ready to fly faggot

Thanks for the suggestions.

that was pretty awesome

Akuma is fine as long you don't just throw fire balls while running away the entire match.

Guys I think I'm fucking up some real basic input shit. I can't get Law's d,3+4,4 (low kick into somersault) to work.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I always get the low kick to work correctly but then no matter how hard I mash I can't flip.

Am I supposed to wait until a specific part of the animation?

E X E R R E N T

>Chloe trying to do her back-turned launcher into the 95 damage retard combo

Every fucking time.

It's d+3+4,4. There's no special timing or anything. I would not use this move unless you make a hard read that you're going to CH.