H/o/w many of you race?

H/o/w many of you race?
>actually race, in a real race car, with rules and other racers and shit....

I drag race friends to the speed limit thats about it

There's many types of racing user.

>>actually race, in a real race car, with rules and other racers and shit....

I just go out on the street, find sporty and or modified looking cars, and tailgate and rev and stare at red lights until someone decides whether or not they want to race.
Can't tell you how many mustangs were down for some fun.

I don't time myself, but I like to attack the downhill twisties on my free time.
The roads with longer turns that can allow dangerously high speeds are good fun, but damn, are the steep, low-speed downhills something else; really gets the adrenaline flowing.
Not even the daily commuters know the downhills like I do.

You sound like a massive faggot IRL

I don't drive a Miata, if that's what you're insinuating.

Street racing is best. No need to pay for shitty track days when I can do whatever I want whenever I want on the street

>be at a stoplight
>happen to drive a mustang
>loud ass civic pulls up next to me
>just holding revs
>staring at me
>light turns green
>i accelerate normally
>weird faggot just spins his front tires
>mfw

The anxiety I get on the streets sometimes when it's bright daylight isn't so nice, though.

>holding revs
I don't go that seriously.
I just shoot a few revs and look, if they look back, I give a nod, if I get a nod back, I do a pull on green.

i do circuit time attack.

>miata racing mustangs
I didnt realize ford made I4 mustangs

Playful street racing is fun. My favorite is a traffic attack where my friends and i will manuver through traffic and if one gets caught by a light they lose. The only rule is no wreckless manuvers

>no wreckless maneuvers
>wreckless

Sorta, the racing is called regularity racing, it avoids some of the more extreme safety and insurance rules. The limits are you're racing to time rather than racing for track position. You nominate a track time and the closest person to their nominated time over the day takes the win, penalties for too fast or too slow, of course there is nothing stopping you nominating a very fast time and racing to the absolute limit but chances are you're not going to win doing that. It can be an advantage to nominate fast though as you're less likely to get held up by slower drivers out front. I've run both flying starts and static starts in regularity.

Driving dangerously is for gays

Trying to.
No events close enough and my car that i’m Turning into one isn’t running right now.

I only have an fg2, nothing fast, but I live in an area with lots of hills and small meandering side roads. I manage to have quite a bit of fun by myself, or with my friend who has a celica gt4

>turbo 1.8l Miata power to weight ratio of 0.1
>4.6l Mustang power to weight ratio of 0.089

I do drag bracket racing. Not hardcore but I do race in a points series. AMA

How much extra shit is usually required to get your car to meet regs?
Is it worth it just for drag racing?

Is it kinda like waiting in line for a water slide (twenty minutes of waiting for a five to ten second bit of gratification)?

I do time attack

>To the speed limit
Street racing is street racing.
You'll still get an instant impound and crush.

I'm making a shitbox rally car right now but have nothing to race till it's done which will be never at my current rate.

>crush
Lelbornites projecting their police state on Veeky Forums

That's california.
70% of Veeky Forums posters are from California.

Chances are you're not driving Ricky's shitmobile or an 8 second monster. Otherwise you can show up with anything from a minivan to a home built project car, if you got it to the strip in one piece you can race it. Just don't oil it down.

>Is it kinda like waiting in line for a water slide (twenty minutes of waiting for a five to ten second bit of gratification)?
Depends on what track you go to/when you go. We joke that you "get ready to wait" but that's because we race on Sundays and its usually packed. You'll make 3 passes in 3 hours. That's the worst part about it but its a lot more enjoyable if you're with buddies.

You have to really be into it though, trying to figure out your dial in, cutting a good light, racing the top end. Its skill based as opposed to just mashing it in a regular heads up race.

"$500 track day with noise limits and no overtakes" california?

>ctrl+f
>kart
>Phrase not found
well that's suprising

i once tried to participate in race organised on rental gokarts. it turned out i couldn't participate at the day it was happening, but i practiced a good bit and managed to hit time that would qualify me for the race. it was fun.

also, track days, but that's hardly racing. overtaking more powerful car in my shitbox feels nice in theory, but then again this kind of people is rarely even trying to compete, so it's not really a "win".

They do actually. 2.3L I4

since when did a miata come out of the factory with over 200 hp? Even the MazdaSpeed, which was the ONLY one to come out boosted had around 180 and weighed 2500 lbs. So that rounds out to around .072 power to weight, less than the .09 of the 4.6 Mustangs

me and buddies do time attacks fro city to city
i live in country with 1 track that is 70 iles away from me

Home from work, got access to my pics now.
>The yellow FIAT

>shitty track days
Track days are not racing

I'm in the US but the closest track is over 3 hours away from me. I know that feel, friend.

>time attack
Time attack is not racing. Its more like endless qualifying.

I am licensed with SCCA, NASA & SVRA.
I have two race cars - a vintage car and a SM.
I can race the SM car almost every weekend if I wanted to.
Autocross, track days, time attack and time trials are not racing.
Racing is when you race against other drivers at the same time for the same space.
Street racing is stupid
Don't even get me started about drifting - its the synchronized swimming of motorsports.

>Real racing is not as expensive as you think.

>turbo miata
>out of the factory
You're the only one saying this.

>Don't even get me started about drifting - its the synchronized swimming of motorsports.

>drift racing
>taking corners while breaking grip
>whoever breaks grip but does it the least gets ahead
>most time efficient drifter wins
Yeah, you could beat a swimmer if you get out of the pool and sprint, but that doesn't mean that swimming isn't racing.

>Street racing is stupid
fuck you dude. i have a blast going light to light against beaners in clapped out honda's

>hey its a race
>but if you go faster than others you lose
there is nothing more autistic than that shit.

here its just helmet and towing point
me too but with mrs

rally is not racing either then.

lic super comp super gas racer... back before stutter boxes ruined it all.

>there is nothing more autistic than that shit.
>but muh super special inisharu D expert trainingu

I enjoy going out to the local strip (sadly just a 1/8, 1/4 is over an hour away), enduro's, demo's, flag pole races and anything related, and I really enjoy boat/trailer races. Came in 2nd the last two I ran, hoping for a first next year. Nothing beats a night of fun destroying $300 shitboxes.

then as the road curves and you crest ever so slightly your back end overtakes your front end and you wave at it as your life is taken in a act of stupidity

I don't race but i have mountain switchbacks near me that are pretty fun

yeah we road race and attending laguna but dam the noise level there is horrible, not sure we can make it. tube chassis road race 2014 camaro.

>>drift racing
racing doe not have scorecards and judges

>>taking corners while breaking grip
That is what you do when road racing
>>whoever breaks grip but does it the least gets ahead
see above
>>most time efficient drifter wins
define "efficient" - oh yeah ask the judge....

I'm part of the human race. :^)

>That's california.
California, New South Wales?

>Don't even get me started about drifting - its the synchronized swimming of motorsports.

Drifting is fun to those who find it fun to do and to those who enjoy watching it. Synchronized swimming is fun to those who find it fun to do and to those who enjoy watching it

I don't see the problem here, especially if its going down on a track. People have been drifting in Japan when you were still sucking down HI-C's in grade school faggot.

>scores and judges
>all drifting is the same

>breaks grip in road racing
You maintain grip and try to drive on the limit, not break it.

>Autocross isn't racing
I keep forgetting american autocross exists.
Eurotocross best autocross.

You can go as fast as you want, the closer to the ragged edge you get though the less consistent you are. Plenty of the guys who enter aren't worried about score and just go. Thing is you can't legally race around houses anywhere in Australia and I'm betting the US too but you can do regularities because it's less controlled than racing.