/twg/ - Total War General

Tomorrow Edition

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elves Let's Play
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged

hmm

Second for lizards

Jokes on you.

i love this meme.

everybody in the 5th century looked like they were on the spectrum

REMOVE

though to be fair to CA most of my screenshots are of germanic peoples so that's to be expected

G O B L I N S

Cant wait to play kroqgar!

>western furry booru has CA's concept art in their database

That was an unusual find.

planning on editing the "falseflag king" img that gets posted sometime to fit the his vs fantasy shitposts, what would be a good example of text to use?

I really hope CA continues to have good DLC/FLC. Really hoping Norsca is feels very complete. Will 100% buy all WH2 DLC if they continue to be quality like brettonia and king and warlord and WE

Quick, everyone, name your ridiculous wishes for the Norsca pack

Pull anything out of your asses that would sound interesting so we can all overhype and then get upset when things fail to meet expectations

Remember:
lizardmen dont have organs sex or gender for simplicity they are all refered with male pronouns

Skinwolves, will settle for regular werewolves but these look awesome

It comes bundled with daemons.

War Mammoths, please let there be War Mammoths.

Doesn't stop anyone

Introduces Pontus as a playable faction

I've been out for 2 days...
Already watched the elves video, but tell me...

is today...
THE DAY?

You get invited to join one of the Empire's colleges of magic as an acolyte.

Which one do you choose? Or do you just say fuck it and join Tzeentch-senpai?

Yes.

what's the amber order's official stance on carnal relations when....utilizing alternate forms.

jade or gold

heavens might be neat as well

hey /twg/ whatcha thinken bout

You.

Thinking about how its funny how some autist on /twg/ can recognize me by my posting habits and then he proceeds to call me an autist and make memes of it.

Veeky Forums is a funny place.

I've got a big fucking boil on my leg and I'm hoping it's not staph

praise to father nurgle

Don't you think Khazrak's army is big enough already, user?

precure

thingken about Elves

whether or not I like Atilla. I've been playing a lot of it recently but it seems like they just added a whole bunch of convoluted bullshit that just makes it hard, but not so much fun unless you have mild autism or really love spreadsheets etc. I liked the streamlined settlement building of Shogun or Warhammer, but idk. It's still pretty fun and I enjoy the historical aspect. I love the fact that siege battles are actually interesting instead of the WH "lets just model one wall lmao"

Dark elves showcase when

HRE

Light, because shooting laser beams and exorcising daemons is the shit.

>Buy TW:WH just to play Orcs
>Play Greenskins
>Raise a Horde
>Raze, Loot, Rape
>Over 100k in treasury
>10 Armies with top Unitis
>Agree on peace treaties with cash and betray right after
>Armies always in Raid stance in human cuck lands
> Be at peace with other Hordes
> perfect world

Is Norsca confirmed? Also CHAOS DWARVES WHEN

Same boat as you. They had a lot of great concepts but most of them are implemented poorly and rather buggy. Also the ui isn't up to the task of handling all the new info you need to deal with them. I would be interested in seeing CA revisit most of them in their next historical game. Went back to Attila and I've ended up in some weird Geat invasion of Spain with a bloodthirsty King who has slowly gone completely insane - going to be hard to go back to the milquetoast Warhammer campaign after that.

no, and in 2018

>is today...THE DAY?
Absolutely, Asur fucking shits getting absolutely btfo by superior Druchii

It is now July, a chill wind blows in Naggaroth but the sea of malice is beginning to thaw. From Ghrond, a messenger comes bearing word of an ancient prophecy involving the lands of north Lustria. The Hag Queens offer many sacrifices to Khaine to gain more of his favour. Meanwhile the Druchii of Clar Karod whip their slaves ceaselessly in preparation for the Witch-Kings coming campaign.
A great fleet is being assembled for but one purpose, domination by a best elf soon!

Never cuckboi.go prep the bull with sob tards.

I don't wanna piece it together.
Link me a youtube channel that starts at the beginning and holds my hand through the story.

How the fuck do I do a gelt head

Whoopsie.
Wrong general I'm shitposting in.
Guess which one I mean!

Just do a crude doodle, if it sucks start over.

Repeat until you have something serviceable.

>No.

Mammoth chariots

a bloody stump with a smug gobbo in the background

First time playing chaos in multiplayer and it ends up being a mirror match.

what cheesy tactic did i use? How was my opponent an idiot?

I have to say that doom and darkness seems to be a fucking great spell in multiplayer.

Surtha Ek gets LL status and his own campaign. Bonuses for chariots and new voice lines that make him an absolute madman

>How was my opponent an idiot?
3x dragon ogres/bringing aspiring champions vs chaos/sorceror lord general

Doom and Darkness is just gr8. Opening up a hole rolling up the lines is so satisfying

I found it kinda funny that the mix of units he was using kinda mirrored the type of army i was playing before. what with lots of fast cav and heavy cav with a small core of infantry with an artillery piece.

In multiplayer that -16ld is amazing. I wasn't even using it as an area spell.

I took lore of Death with Aspect of the dread knight, Purple sun and Doom and darkness. dunno if those are the best, but i felt like i could make use of those the most.

How are you supposed to use wardogs, I've never tried them out before.

When the game first released LoD's single target DD spell was great for sniping heroes and generals, I'm pretty sure it got nerfed, so I don't know how useful it still is.

History

spirit leech and fate of bjuna are the best two spells. Doom and Darkness has its uses. Purple sun is disproportionately effective vs heavy mass factions, so I usually only bring it vs dwarfs and chaos. I personally never use aspect of the dreadknight, but its cheap so if you can make it work good for you.

It was nerfed, but it is now back to being useful again.

>How was my opponent an idiot?
Well, he took 3 aspiring champions and no other infantry.

I never used them in Rome 2 but I've used them plenty as the burgundians in Attila, not that I'm an understander of strategy but I use them to:

>annihalite archers and other light troops (you can literally throw the dogoos at them and they'll chew through the unit quickly)

>To wear down heavy troops (if you throw dogoos at heavy inf they'll get slaughtered but luckily they'll lose ~30% of their men, after which you send your own heavy inf, they enemy inf will be at a numerical disadvantage and also tired, increasing your chances of winning)

>To hammer and anvil but instead of cav you use dogoos

HEMA

I was accused of cheese when i took only 3 peasant mob as infantry

history and anime

ok, now all I need is a suitable text snippet to replace the current one.

because you brought 6 mounted yeomen you twat

jesus stop being such an autist, you were doing well up until now

I tried his army out, and I think i could make it work a bit better next time i play it. But i see where its going. The aspiring champs worked really well as road blocks and i was able to get a lot of kills with purple sun. but i accidentally overcasted it and that was a mistake. also i landed my lord and he got focused down, so this was definitely my mistake.

but I'll try this army again tomorrow, looks fun.

kind of funny that it was a mirror match again.

Against wood elves

What does it have to do with that chaos player being an idiot?

and again insulting without adding anything. I'm not even trip fagging. And i'm not going through the extra effort to open up paint and block out names just to please an autist like you.

That chaos player wasn't an idiot is what i'm saying.

Stop belittling people for their army selection.

nothing. The guy is just a sperg (see /his posts in the last thread)

He is an idiot.

What has been your favorite campaign so far for TWWH? I need new ideas on what factions to play

>Want to sally out but the garrison is nowhere to be found

Well fuck you guys.

Legendary Empire was fun, I guess.

>chaos lord on a chariot
Yes.

Fuck dis school I'm going with Big Bird

I mean yeah, he kinda was. He brought 3 aspiring champions and no other infantry vs chaos, which is a terrible pick as all of the chaos roster except for marauders has great armor, and the Aspiring champions don't have ap damage. His AP comes in the form of marauder horsemen w/ throwing axes and and dragon ogres, and while the marauder horsemen are a good choice spending the money for 3 dragon ogres is overkill and you aren't going to get your money's worth out of them. Lore of metal sorceror lord could be ok depending on his spell choices, but is not all that great

guys pls, I need a good his vs fantasy sample shitpost to use

I've enjoyed all of them except Chaos and Beastmen, though admittedly the latter was with their stand alone campaign.

My favourites were probably the Empire, Bretonnia (especially crusading against the Wood Elf shits) and Skarsnik.

Use the one from last thread:

Remember when twg was still fun and full of life? When history reigned supreme and the quality of the game franchise was at it's pinnacle. Where memes more glorious than the next flowed from our great general. Those days seem like so long ago now, a flame long extinguished.

Left in it's place is the rabble of the fantasy crowd who like a plague of locust descended upon our once great general, destroying all that was good and beautiful. These "fantasy fags", if you will, have had their run of the place for some time now, and it shows. The fun is gone, the memes dead and dry the moment they spew from the mouths of these vile fantasy fag creatures. There is no goodness left in twg, just dismay as another screenshot is posted from the sub-par game known as Warhammer.

For those of us that waited patiently for the darkness to lift with the hopes of a new history focused title to be announced, were heartbroken as a second edition of warhammer was announced. To add insult to injury we were thrown tripe known as total war sagas. Sure to be partially finished, unpolished blemishes for games, we must suffer.

We once had a great general. Once.

twg, may your glory days be remembered in all of our hearts.

Norsca reintroduces ship battles and naval units that are seperate from land units.

Here

The way i played the army in the battle here
and the way he sort of played it against me was using the aspiring champs to hold me at a choke point and then bombard me. it worked well enough aspiring champs last a long time even against a lot of chaos forces. And they can also deploy vanguarded ahead along with the cav and his mobile lord led to a sort of melt away sort of play style. was neat.
I took a death lord with the same spells i used before and even though i lost because i sent my lord into battle too soon and couldn't get out causing a chain rout i think if i played it again i'd be more careful with my lord. i could have gotten 150 or more kills with purple sun.

He actually switched armies when he saw me switch to chaos so maybe he was just having fun and trying it out. Either way. it was a close battle.

I don't post battles where it was clear the person i was playing against was retarded. Those battles aren't any fun.

alright, r8 my oc lads

Saved/10

At least they show up when the city gets attacked.

I AM ________ AND _________

KHAZRAAAAAAAK!!!

That auto resolve seems a bit overly pessimistic, given you reinforcements.

garrisons only work on the defensive and never on the offensive iirc, it's kind of stupid when there's an army right next to your settlement but oh well

Truly a tactical genius.

Yeah it does feel a little off. Might to encourage the AI to fight more, or just because garrison troops are sub-par versions of normal troops.

And given that they're sub par versions of levy troops that sets the bar pretty low.

T H R O G G

I know this one!
Pontus[/spoiler] and Enime!

trailer when

Fuck you, Veeky Forums.
I had an epic joke.