How do Americans crash so much on straights?

Seriously it makes no sense, all the roads are fucking straight yet Americans manage to crash their cars on them.

Explain this fuckery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYxU_lYBHpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not all of them are straight retard. Also we spend more time in our car than we do at home

80% of the time its because they are going 90mph and merge into someone else and lose control

>80% of the time its because they are going 90mph and merge into someone else and lose control
I think it has more to do with not being aware and accounting for things at intersections, and not knowing how to follow and brake.

Usually drive 80 MPH on the highway and almost crashed once when some guy was merging from the emergency lane onto the car pool lane I was on.

So Americans don't know how to adjust their mirrors then?

>European cars have to be able to handle turns

>all the roads are fucking straight
>donald_trump_whispering_"wrong"_obnoxiously_into_microphone.webm

Im a burger and when i get into other people's burger plows half the mirror is taken up by the side of the car

Why the fuck do people aim their side mirrors at their doors?
so fucking dumb, no wonder so many people can't see blind spots...

>see orange light
>>i can make it
>>*accelerates*
>light changes to red
>>i've built up enough speed now can't stop fuck it
>>*blows through a red*
>other guy launches because his light is green and the soccer mom to his left absolutely can't get in front of him

>retards collide

So they can see themselves in the mirror, Duh.

Its the way its taught in drivers ed. I distinctly remember my instructor telling me to adjust the mirrors so that the door handle is on the bottom right side. People have this belief that you need to see the side of your car at all times, as if its going to disappear into the 5th dimension or some shit.

Best way to do it is to just jam your mirrors as far left and right as they will go.

Fucking this, the only Americans I know that adjust their mirrors properly are the ones that haul or tow often and even then it's 50/50.

>It's another /int/ leakage thread

Most of the time I see a wreck it usuallt involves some euro-trash vehicle like a bmw losing control or breaking down leading to accidents

Let me tell you how, and this is still an occurring problem today because people are so fucking stupid.

Smart phones.

Without fail, someone will be on the same highway you're on with a smartphone in one hand and their other hand on the steering wheel. There was an accident a while back where this dumb fuck lady in her new monster size GMC SUV who wasn't paying attention to the road and ran into the curved barrier just like the one in your picture, i assume that spooked her and made her lose control and collided into other motorists aside her.

I sorta want to blame this on auto cars but that kind of shit still happens (albeit not as much) in manuel countries, I honestly dont know how people do it, if I need to look at my phone while driving I just look at it for under a second then back at the road repeating until Im done changing the song or whatever and I still feel like Im doing something unsafe and reckless as fuck

>Proper adjustment
You only need this if you're not the fastest guy on the road. When you're passing everyone, and cutting it close, they're beyond your blindspot.

Typically I scan the rear view mirror memorizing who's coming up behind me at all times. I test myself and I can memorize up to four cars behind me and the order they're in.

If I'm hauling ass playing racecar, I'm really only focused on car lengths and the rate at which others are moving. And on the scan for the 5-0.

You are going to get a motorcycle rider killed.

Not really. The motorcycle rider is going to get himself killed by not being gud.

I ride one and I can be out and in front of people who don't notice me pretty fast. Good engine + good brakes + hypervigilance = you live. Also being able to turn helps. I scrubbed my first chicken strips dodging a fucktard who decided to stop in the middle of a blind corner.

God help people who think a cruiser that crashes if it turns too hard or a slow bike with shitty brakes is "good enough". One day, death will find you, and your bike won't be able to lose him.

Also, PSA for 600cc sportbike riders, your bike does not belong at 5000RPM, it belongs at 8000, you have no torque below that and you're not going anywhere fast enough to save your ass.

Cruiser crashing when turning for reference.
youtube.com/watch?v=sYxU_lYBHpY

(Feel free to laugh at the sportbiker sticking his knee out at a lean angle normally achieved by MSF students riding groms in circles)

Bikes with engines well over 1000cc are over represented in crash data because cruisers can not turn or brake. If bikes were cars, cruisers would be boomer bling with enclosed wheels incapable of turning as tight as they should. With drum brakes and dated suspensions making the car prone to rolling. Ride a standard or sportbike with at least 80hp (bike no heavier than 450lb) like everyone else, k.

And remember, you're not going to get a biker killed, a biker is going to get himself killed because either he is shit, or his bike is shit.

i have my mirrors adjusted properly but I wish I could see my car too so I have a better sense of where im really looking. My side mirrors are more of a danger sensor now, my backmirror is where I get my situational awareness.

i still have plenty of opportunities to eat (albeit not as much as an auto) with manuel with city driving, so of course someone can text on their cellphone while cruising on a manuel

Lack of overall awareness, simple as that. Also women drivers. My ex had basically zero spacial awareness and crashed 3 times during her license test that she failed 11 times

Was getting together with her a good idea?

Even before smart phones

People just collide into stationary objects.

Even though there is a cop car on the side of the road with flashing red and blue lights, visible for miles away, some cunt would have hit it in the 80's

Heavy traffic and chicks on their phones. That summarizes it all.

>Feel free to laugh at the sportbiker sticking his knee out at a lean angle normally achieved by MSF students riding groms in

professional riders do the exact same thing in any corner where they have a cheek off the seat(like Eddie Lawson in my Webm coming into the corkscrew). the knee is a guage to help you corner not a parlour trick for squids

I have to feel sorry for americans who think they can ride because they did an MSF course: they are a bit like the kid who never learned to shave properly because daddy left to get smokes when they were 9

>HD
>Leaking oil
>implying it was because of the crash...