/ovg/ - caterham soon edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums video games thread

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have.
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discord: hXmJrJr

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing Assetto Corsa, Forza 7 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510920613054.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511395379378.webm
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-GT-PlayStation-4/dp/B074HHXW5N/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1511450750&sr=1-2
autosport.com/f1/news/133227/alonso-launches-his-own-esports-team
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511455114830.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511459438288.webm
projectcarsgame.com/demo.html?lang=en
mega.nz/#F!6YFzBJ6B!1GdosyDl2qU4Tbl2H7jUSg
blog.beamng.com/the-coast-is-clear/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2nd for loopty-loops

Does anyone else think that HL2 unironically did a good job with its driving?

I mean, it's not the best, but cars are at the very least drivable unlike some games with shitty driving physics (i.e. ARMA), they work for what they are and are kinda fun to be quite honest. The boat is complete shit to drive, though.

the sounds are fucked
>drive with constant speed
>revs go up
>upshift
>revs go up
>start wondering how many gears this "car" has

nothing special iirc

These have been very fast explanations, I hope I made myself clear. I think you could get more out of your T300 if you set the Overall Strenght to a lower value and there's why.

post webmz

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510920613054.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511395379378.webm

if you look in the script and sound files it has four gears, after the fourth gear (which you rarely reach due to the map design) it uses a different audio file, so really the car is just going back and fourth between gears, it's not constantly upshifting

oh yeah i might be wrong, i played it once few years ago

maybe it's the lack of sense of speed that made me believe i'm going at capped top speed all the time
anyway it wasn't as fun as it could be

hey, someone else is shilling my series. thanks

CATERHAMS, ATTENTION:
I'll do the skinpack and skinpack-friendly server config either on early sunday or saturday, so make sure to send your skins until then.

>I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!

I unironically enjoy the boat and the boat levels. The handling is fun and it has a hilarious bullet hose strapped to it.

So GTS is getting a career mode and allot of new cars, there any reason I shouldn't get this now?

wasted potential - the game

>Everyone in nice clean respecable cars
>Faggot with a monster livery bringing up last

They want you to buy a $900 wheel.

Explain.

So, I have to have every DLC that a server has enabled in Assetto Corsa in order to play on that server, right?

Do servers tend to have all the DLC enabled or only a few, or what?

It lacks a decent track selection.

Fair enough it is kind of lack luster, but they said they'll be adding more tracks as time goes on too implied it's for free like the cars as well.

Sounds like most issues that kept me from buying it are being fixed. Only thing I'm worried about now is hearing horror stories from people about hues playing bumper cars but that's just online racing in general.

Got a G29 finally, cheers to the user who pointed out it was on sale on PC World.

Arm size: normal, short, very short.

They dropped support for almost every wheel that exists and simultaneously started a marketing deal with Thrustmaster on the new meme wheel. Okay, it's actually $800 now.
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-GT-PlayStation-4/dp/B074HHXW5N/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1511450750&sr=1-2

They seem to grow in the straight. What's happening?

What the fuck. That's some scummy shit.

SR System certainly needs improving but it does at least stop it being like most racers and just bumper cars all the time.
Hues are fucking lethal dive bombers. Although because of that they're usually E SR

?
Just use a fucking logitech, holy shit.

>have Fanatec for years
>lol you aren't allowed to use that because... uh...

Half PS4 racing games don't have Fanatec support. AC doesn't even.

Get a new wheel gramps.

They support Fanatec, but only the newest and most expensive models.

That's literally sony being jews with their tech. No old wheels work without workarounds.

It's pretty fucking jewey to not support a wheel from 2013 on a console from 2014.

post moar webms

That's not the GT Teams decision though is it?
Yes it's a huge fucking penis move but that's the console itself.

BTW, I'm not really sure if WheelCheck method is fair because of friction forces when the wheel speeds up. I guess a test with a proper spring scale would be a lot more accurate, I've seen somebody trying to do that but I did not read the conclusions.

Of course it was never the best, but it still worked for what it was which is more than can be said for some games
The problem is that, aside from going on for too long, it's a pain in the ass when you miss a jump or something due to the poor handling and have to turn around while being shot at.

Wasn't the story that initial builds of AC on PS4 supported those wheels but then they got dropped?

What is the name of this meme?

Depends.
Do you want some bullshit meme game that is pretty much just streamer bait full of bandwagoners that don't understand what they're doing? Or would you rather have something with a smaller yet more dedicated fanbase?

PUBG is a game you can play for an hour or less, Arma typically lasts several hours. The longest Arma game I played was two months.

pls

kym says it's called "lelf"

ARMA is a better racing game desu, in no other game is the objective to run over as many of your former allies as a rogue soldier with military vehicles

autosport.com/f1/news/133227/alonso-launches-his-own-esports-team

OUR GUY

team name is "Veeky Forums racing"
nice meme

I wonder what he's thinking

nice, i got the sound version only

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511455114830.webm

>headlight switch on the left
the fug

isn't the UPDOWN button actually obsolete?
he just turned the indicator switch to turn the lights on and they popped up

>his headlight switch is on the right

Actually, there are karts in Arma and other racing modes added. The latest DLC added vans of peace to the game so you can be a peaceful Gyro.

>he doesnt drive a jdm car
lmaoing at ur life

>he drives a japanese car
enjoy being a californian 19 year old weeb kissless virgin who will probably be driving a hybird within the next ten years if he doesn't kill himself before that

>californian
i wish
theres nothing wrong with jap cars

>boring
>slow
>ugly
>soulless
>unsafe compared to any other nation
>"nothing wrong with jap cars"
16 year old weebs will disagree because they just watched a shitty cartoon about driving one of the shittest cars of all time down a mountain

you know there's a difference between japanese cars and JDM cars
but i agree driving a JDM car in a lhd country is a bit silly

>doesn't like MR2s
I can only feel pitty for you

sorry, i mean any first world nation, jap cars are (probably) safer than chinese or indian cars

>likes mr2s
>chad in his truck rams into you
>you either die or are paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of your life while he doesn't even notice you're hit
i feel pity for you, brother.

Why not do the caterhamming on automobilista that's already got a few variants of it?

Sent from my iPhone through the infotainment system in my Golf.

Well at least there's something combating it and well allow me to dodge hues.

>boring
>tin can that weighs fuck all and can be thrust into corners isnt fun
>slow
speed is relative. a 120hp car that weighs nothing isnt setting drag reccords but 100k innacity is fast
>ugly
kys
>soulless
compared to what. muh italian shoul and pahshun
>unsafe compared to any other nation
dont be a bitch

i don't drive eurotrash either, stop assuming i'm gay please.

Have fun wrapping your backwards corolla around a tree fag.

why would anyone want to do it in an inferior game? not to mention that most people own AC, meanwhile im sure alot of people dont even have that game pirated, nevermind actually owning it.

>"tin can that weighs fuck all and can be thrust into corners isnt fun"
>implying that 80% of jap cars made aren't shitty econoboxes and midget trucks for the average soulless jap
>"m-muh speed is relative"
do you even realize how pathetic that sounds
>kys
nice argument
>compared to what
both european cars and american cars, japanese cars are just mass manufactured technical garbage, even """enthusiast" sports cars
>dont be a bitch
enjoy dying because some retard rams into you in a car not made for children, too bad it'll mean nothing because natural selection was supposed to off you centuries ago

How about I wrap my backwards around your dick, fag.

You just love wrapping things around dicks huh bub?

>confirming that you're gay
no one is surprised, nobody but a fag could drive this tiny pos

hint: the driver died in this crash lol

tfw going through every kraid's post on 4plebs atm

>"m-muh speed is relative"
>100k on a straight 4 lane american highway is the same as 100 through a road barely wide enough for the car

>american cars
>muh soul
calm down cletus

again dont be a bitch and hop on a bike sometime. not that 2l 10hp american garbage either

>150+ threads to argue over actual cars
>do it in the video game cars thread
There's a reason why anyone intelligent walks to work.

desu, being about video games means we get the best busrider arguments

>tfw to smart to know how to drive

it makes sense because driving is dumb, just follow the rules like a robot and you'll be fine
intelligent people ask themselves questions about what they're doing and asking questions always lead to not obeying rules

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to not be able to understand a basic ruleset of simple laws and constantly repeated signs reminding you of what you may or may not do whilst on the road. Yes, I do have a tally of the amount of times I have happily failed the driving test tattoo'd to my body - but you may not see it, it is for the ladies' eyes only.

if you were really intelligent you wouldn't have a job

>walk to wall street every morning
>make millions
>drive a chinese car i saw in a cartoon
>can barely make insurance payments with my mcjob despite the car being 30 years old

do it

How do i become the embodiment of /ovg/?

>make millions
wall st mcdonalds doesnt pay that much

here you go i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511459438288.webm

projectcarsgame.com/demo.html?lang=en

DEMO IS OUT

But I already demoed the full game. It was waste of bandwidth-tier.

Post liveries.

what game is this

Project Ian 2

nice

Thrust vectoring rules the skies.webm would of also worked.

this thing CANTTURN on a dime

Can some of you niggas give me the latest AC DLC pack mega link pls.

cmon mang its on two google doc tabs

mega.nz/#F!6YFzBJ6B!1GdosyDl2qU4Tbl2H7jUSg

I know the dollar isn't great but I'm pretty sure this is bullshit

BeamNG.Drive just updated.
Lots of small improvements (chassis flex, line lock, horn/siren sound effects, NOS, clutch temp sim) and a new giant map to make my potato cry.

new BeamNG update that all of you should check out
>massive city
>engine flywheel and drivetrain torque reaction simulation
>nitrous oxide added
>backfire
>sequential gearboxes added
fucking check it, lads

blog.beamng.com/the-coast-is-clear/

what the FUCK is the point if theres no traffic ??

it's a big ass map with a race track included, why shouldn't you give it a try?

also holy shit it's optimized on my pc