ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

An end to the war would be a nice birthday gift as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-26-raiden-5-directors-cut-is-coming-to-ps4-and-steam-this-autumn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for the demon lord

Second post for best plane

3rd for comfy COFFIN

4th post for planefus

Fifth for comfy planes.
I want an adventure game with planes.

There desperately needs to be another Sky Odyssey game.

My dream would be a space sim, open world type game with a Crimson Skies/Talespin/1920s skin and a good flight model though. Just flying about, trading, exploring and living the comfy seaplane life.

BURN OSEA TO THE GROUND

is there ANY country as retarded as belka?
>take too much lane and hit economic trouble
>forced to give up ustio to try and recoup some money
>somehow still fuck that up and get in even worse economic trouble
>completely fail to stop osea snatching up territory despite 'the might of the legendary belkan air force'
>when they start losing territory to basically a single pilot and first his border obsessed friend then his polo obsessed friend they nuke their own country seven times
>when that fails and the ustio forces manage to reach hoffnung they proceed to completely and utterly destroy their own city for no reason
>when even that fails proceed to make an extremely powerful nuclear warhead only to entrust it to the border obsessed weirdo who has suspicious ties to the enemy ace
>border obsessed weirdo then gets destroyed by the enemy ace and their new nuke gets destroyed in belka
>15 years later attempt to instigate a war between osea and yuktobania for profit
>get found out and almost singlehandedly destroyed by a single squadron of yandere peaceniks, crybabies and suicidal aces who can only say yes or no
>try and drop a satellite on osea as a last resort
>gets destroyed in midair by the same squadron
is there ANY country as incompetent as belka?

The answer would be a resounding no.

theres a reason belkaball exists

So... about the Su-27M, Su-35, Su-35S and Su-37.
The Su-35S has no canards. The Su-27M and Su-37 have them.
Did the Su-35 have them or not? There was this user a few threads back arguing that the Su-35 we see in AC5 is modelled after the Su-27M rather than the production Su-35, while later titles' Su-35 are modelled after the modernized production model, the Su-35S.

The SU-27M has canards. The original design of the SU-35 had canards, but those became unnecessary with the he introduction of TVC

The enemy nations in Ace Combat tend to just be the protagonist's punching bags

What are some design features not present on any flanker?
Single engine is technically present under the form of the S-54/55/56 (pic related is the S-56, the others were trainers).
Off the top of my head I can list 4.5 style stealth memery and delta wings.

Thanks, that clears things up.

>What are some design features not present on any flanker?
Propellers

Well played.

Right, the Su-27M was the original design of the Su-35. The next generation of Flankers was to include all sorts of avionics, engine, fire control and radar upgrades, which they did, but like you said, TVC and all the various upgrades, including the first glass cockpit in a Flanker, resulted in the canards getting axed. Also the Su-35 saw the removal of that vertical airbrake, in favor of the vertical tail acting as the brake. Braking using the control surfaces is always, always superior to a dedicated speed brake.

>delta winged Flanker

OH PLEASE NO

>that reaction
Would it be THAT bad? I mean, other than changing the wing shape and maybe removing the horizontal stabilizers, a smoothed out cranked arrow delta wouldn't look that bad, unless I'm missing something big.

Variable wings have never been on a flanker, have they?

Nope.

>man I haven't checked ACI in ages, I wonder what new stuff was added
>"Dogfight" plays as the MVP music when wearing the "Warwolf (emblem)" emblem.
>not "Release"
O
N
E

J
O
B

>tfw they haven't updated any of the stores in like 6 months

I think it deserves to be ded.

>OH PLEASE NO
Oh yes.

D E L E T
E
L
E
T

now add the intakes to complete the perfection

You absolute MADMAN
Let's see how far we can go

Such is life under Scamco.

>typhooned flanker
Delet. Use Rafale or Gripen

If we're going to make a delta Flanker then at least stick with the clipped wings.

>TYPHOONED.com

Where are you going to stick wingtip missiles though.

That said I couldn't meme a Tiffy intake in there because it would not be visible from this angle. So here's this thing.

Having the canards directly in front of the intakes is a bad idea, I think in this case it's better without them.

A quick sketch, I can't into props.

I'd recomment a cranked arrow wing.

the f-4 flankphoon

Now you've done it.

>Eurocanard without canards
Well now it's just a Gripen with a badly drawn right canard.

I decided it was too messy and could use some improvement despite being a quick sketch, so I went over it's design again.
I might need some guidance from propbuddies.

I think it'd be better to just stick with the original canard configuration.
I mean, at this point, it just looks like a Rafale, but you get the idea.

I mean one thing would be to not stick exhausts on the radiator and to give it the same amount of blades per prop. Other than that it's not even that outlandish.

I quite like this now tbqh. But it'll probably be flat as fuck when viewed from the side.

>Oh hey, new thread!
>Oh...

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-26-raiden-5-directors-cut-is-coming-to-ps4-and-steam-this-autumn
Another shmup game to enjoy while waiting for AC7

If you overlap the canards and main wing it's going to really fuck it up.

Try putting them above the intake and forward of the wing for optimal design.

while I was doing some yardwork 2 f-22s and an f16 flew over my house
didn't get pics tho, they were pretty fastboys

I see. Are there other glaring mistakes I might've made?
Or just tweaks you find would work better?

To elaborate on a low canard creates a low pressure area on the underside of the main wing, which produces a strong pitch down force. They also decrease total available lift compared to have no canard at all, making them strictly detrimental.

Or you could put the canards in a configuration similar to the T-50, where there is a part of the wing extending over the intakes and the canards are attached to that wing, not the main body.
Looking at it this way, the T-50 seems like a Delta Wing Flanker.

They're great to see in person.

Back when F-22s were still being manufactured they'd fly over my house on test flights all the time. They'd always look like pic related, and from the ground I couldn't really see the lines, so when I first saw it I was convinced the USAF's new cutting edge plane was made out of copper.

Actually, taking into account that the Flanker's intakes are already situated on the underside of the fuselage, moving LERXs wouldn't be bad.

What do my buddies over at /aceg/ think of Sky Rogue? I played a bit of it yesterday and while I think the flying is pretty fun, it could really use some more varied objectives and maps.
Are there any other fun PC games similar to Ace Combat? I'm already set to check out HAWX, but I don't think it's going to be enough to hold me over until 7.

We may be taking this a bit too seriously. But sure, I moved the canards back over the intakes.

beautiful

There is hardly any room for the front engine I imagine and you might want to move the elevators forward to make canards because the wings are so far back.

But it's fine really.

This could shape up into something neat.

Surprise surprise the ace combat wiki is wrong about something. Do you buddies know how to unlock the Argus part in ACX? I'm trying to build a retard mode XFA-27 with 4AAMs

This is way better than any right it has to be.

Does this look better?

I would fly the shit out of this 2bh.

Thanks, I guess it wasn't such a misguided endeavour after all.
Is there anything you would change?

Looks like it's straight out of Crimson skies. So it's perfect.

I would move the canards a smidge rearward.

Actually scratch that, they're fine where they are. Perhaps make the main wing a little deeper, and maybe try for a bubble canopy.

Deeper as in more sweep? I modelled the greenhouse canopy (and much of the front) on a MiG-3, given that there was no Sukhoi OKB.
A Spitfire XVIII canopy should look good.

Deeper as in they go further down the fuselage. Spitfire canopy should work perfectly fine.

Should I use the MiG-11 designation? I believe it was left unused.

Whew, not even a hundred replies in and we already managed to design two new aircraft.

Personally I've always prefered Sukhoi's designations. Su-11, and Su-19 are both unused.

Truly the best general.

So they're both used after all. Su-12 was a planned prop interceptor, but it was scrapped, so that's open.

I suggested the MiG because the Sukhoi OKB didn't exist during WW2.
I do prefer using Su-, though.

Right, I forgot about that. In that case, I'd say run with MiG-11.

Also we need a designation for our delta winged Flanker.

Scratch what I said.
And I was mistaken on when the Sukhoi OKB was founded, but their WW2 era aircraft were experimental, except for the Su-2, a light bomber.
Aren't even numbers reserved for ground attack planes? A quick search told me that the Su-12 was to be a reconnaissance aircraft.

>because the Sukhoi OKB didn't exist during WW2

Wait what?

See

Yeah I know.

Hadn't refreshed when I posted.

Su-27DK? With DK standing for "Del'ta-krylo" (Delta wing as suggested by Google translate).

Next up, Variable Meme Wings!

Forward-swept Variable Meme Wings*

have they even made a plane that has Rear swpt variable wings?

All this memery made me remember about fucking Vector Thrust and his fictional planes.
"A production mishap that resulted in over 200 Su-47 aircraft having their wings installed backwards resulted in the limited deployment of the Su-74 Tukreb. Despite the mistake, the aircraft remains flyable, with improved speed performance but decreased mobility because of the conventionally-swept wings. As all other electronics and weaponry remain intact, the Tukreb boasts similar offensive, support, and defensive capabilities as the Berkut. Because of this, combat performance has been judged to be on-par with the Su-47. "

That's funny, I was just about to suggest del'ta krylo tipa (delta wing type).

yes

>tukreb

This feels wrong

I like this

wait fuck, misread it, thought he meant the opposite

Good fucking times.

Translation for those interested : "Su-2 m-888 number 45032 with TSS-1 turret belonging to the 210th BAP.
The pilot, G. F. Sivkov, will be named hero of the soviet union twice. The navigator is P. I. Zemlyakov

We need our planes colored now.

>Su-27DK
>MiG-11
Have a nice ring to them.

Okay, here it is.
The MiG-11B. B being the revised version with a
bubble canopy.
How does it look? Lowering (and enlarging a bit) the wings is a surprising improvement.
>ctrl+S
>crash
>export to PNG
>crash
It's just three layers, dammit.

I sort of want to do these and FSW (not a Su-47). I'll use cranked arrow wings for the delta to reach a result that isn't a ripoff of the other drawbuddy's.

Post cute planes that didn't deserve the fate they got

Holy fuck this is legit.
Also the Chimera is already cranked arrow.

Fucking REEEEE

Late war or early war?

it brings me pain to think about it

Early-war two tone green, for sure.

>design a few new planes because why not
You guys are the fucking best, I love it here

:^)

But the Chimera isn't a Flanker.
Also, did WW2 russian fighters have anti-glare patches in front of the canopy?
tbqh, I was thinking late war because this looks "cutting edge", but I agree that the green is beautiful. Also, MiG-3 had red nose cones, so I'll use that detail too.

That's true. Also I have no idea about the anti-glare patches. Good point about the late war, go with the gray.

rip

Why is /aceg/ so comfy?

The other generals I frequent are full of butthurt and developer complaints.

REMINDER THAT CHOPPER GOT WHAT HE DESERVED

Love (of planes) conquers all.

>comfy
Don't.