Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
New 4.1.0 Oook.cz comp which no one from here will play:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl online
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)

>>

First post will be about maggots crawling over my dick after fucking a female zombie (male) in crawl

the odl threa

Anyways I was playing DCSS and a troll was attracte to my Big Barachian Cock. I shoved it in her stank ass troll pussy and fucked her into oblivion. She had the biggest orgasm and he pussy juice regenerated my health.

Now this dumb bitch follows me around begging for my cock and smashing shit for me haha.

Anyways though I fucked a zombie got maggots on my dick and now my troll gf is mad/sad and crying in the corner and I'm trying to consult her but she's throwing rocks.

The zombie got fucked to shreds I don't see why she cares.

Besides fucking a trap isn't cheating

Go fuck ijyb and take her wand of enslavement. Use that on your gf to upgrade her to concubine. If you have contracted flaming genitals you can go to lair.

What is happening?

Dungeon Crawl Sex Soup.
You'll have to ask Karl on the discord if you want a copy.

The autist is enjoying his summer vacation.

Did Felids lose their jump ability?
Didn't they have few enough options already?

Best melee race in DCSS?
Demonspawn with powered by death or pain sounded extremely good and unique, Trolls look also insane in melee.

In Cogmind, there are little robots that scurry around the level trying to pick up loot before you can get to it. Fighting enemies is almost never beneficial because you're more likely to lose a key component than gain one.

This might actually be the most obnoxious game I've ever played. If I had paid for it I'd be furious.

How dangerous is it to walk around with 3 int in Crawl? My only source of MR gives -5 int.

You could provide that as feedback and have a chance of improving the game.

Cogmind is bad and
the developer is bad.

There is no hope for that game.

Don't really feel like starting a fight on some circlejerk subreddit. I'll just play something else.

Not that dangerous at all anymore

What a surprise.

The developer seems like an okay guy. He's always giving tutorials and stuff. He did overprice the game though DESU.

gesundheit

What did he do wrong? I browsed his subreddit briefly last year for the tutorials.

As ded as my next mage.

He made his roguelike cost money, which diverts much needed NEETbux from my onahole fund.

How do I into felid?

Why is it a disproportionate amount of gloves seem to have *Corrosion in DCSS?
It like half of the white tier gloves that drop from Oka have it.

Depends on what you mean by "best".

Minotaurs are ridiculously versatile -- they can play basically any class and do well simply because of their melee apts and strong auxiliary attack.

>Elf that moves faster than I can run away and attacks at the speed of light has a weapon of distortion
Oh boy can't wait to get ABYSSED for the FOURTH TI- oh whoops
SURE DO LOVE THAT ABYSS

>getting buttblasted for getting banished in Elf:3

badplayer

this is why you shouldn't do elf if you don't have many wins

it's also why you shouldn't do elf:3 if you don't know how to cheese them or just quickly beat the crap out of them

you won't have to worry about the abyss ever again

I just beat elf so fuck you
I won't ever follow that faggy god who starts you out in abyss on principle.

You don't have to keep getting banished
You can be the one doing the banishing
Just join Lugonu, goy

As in "the best at dealing and resisting damage in melee", both in 1v1s AND skirmishes, the latter being more important.
It doesn't matter WHEN it becomes the best, but just the fact that in melee there'll be no best alternative.

What is the point of imprisoning something with Zin? It says it's made of silver, and some enemies are "Hated by zin and weak to silver"
Does that mean they'll be damaged inside the cell? Can I do this to pandamonium lords too?

Okay it turns out you can just kill the scavenger bots to get your stuff back and fighting is less painful when you know how repair stations work. This game is pretty neat actually.

>not enjoying the abyss
>not collecting items and gaining sweet sweet XP from enemies
Even my vamp Mage can survive abyss by the time I get to elf.

I don't like being reliant on RNG to determine whether I get fucked in the ass or not.
How do you survive in abyss? I've tried holeing up and that just gets me overwhelmed eventually.
I've just just running and my luck is shit so I never find the exit.
I've tried killing things as I run and that seems to work best but I still eventually get overwhelmed.

Usually it doesn't take long to find an exit. Just keep walking around, as far as enemies go use escape items.

Go deeper, it makes exits more frequent.

You can imprison a dangerous monster and run away, or imprison something like a Tormentor so you can deal with it last. "Weak to silver" just means it takes extra damage from silver-branded weapons.

>How do you survive in abyss?

Stealth and careful movement. I've got a 91% survival rate after being abyssed, but when I was a wee noob I died almost instantly after getting sent there. Never autoexplore.

girls can't be gay

So this is good yeah? I have been using swords and stuff. It seems non random, which is cool

shut up fag

One day I may.

Its ok, its a cutlass after all

>You talk about that like it came out years ago.

Well, it was released in something like February, and if you're not going for 100% it takes ~20 hours to clear your first blind run. I think it was also on sale last month for

what
WHAT
WHAT THE FUCK

AROUND ALLIGATOR SNAPPING TURTLES
NEVER SIT AT 20% HP

I fought a fuckton of poison enemies, i was full then suddenly 20% in a single attack because I was "blown away into the water elemental" which was bullshit, So I sanctuary and regen some hp, still barely kill them. I try to heal and i'm like whatever a turtle
So I fucking try to walk away
AND IT'S NECK IS LONGER THAN A FUCKING SPEAR APPARENTLY
I even examined him, like oh whatever it's dangerous, I can run away because im not in water, but

>AND IT'S NECK IS LONGER THAN A FUCKING SPEAR APPARENTLY
ha HA

welcome to Crawl

yeah man, snapping turtles and alligator snapping turtles have reaching attacks

I've been trying my hardest to win and I just can't. It's upsetting but I keep fucking it up. It's always some weird random shit that kills me, it's never like oh you got overwhelmed, it's like no you fucking refuse to hit the enemy and die in a 1v1 you cant run away from (see orb of fire, tfw because i killed like 3 but that one raped me for some reason). I get most of my deaths are my fault but it's like WHAT THE FUCK WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A TURTLE HAVE A NECK LIKE A SPEAR, THAT MAKES NO SENSE. I genuinely don't know what to play or what to do to beat this game

Well you're a lot better at the game than when I was new.

>not wearing an amulet of life saving

>tfw dependent on oka as god on melee characters because luck is terrible
Is it even viable to survive training just fighting until you find a weapon then specialize afterwards?

That's the impression I got. He's a nice and helpful guy, with a lot of theoretical knowledge, and he's good at communication and product polish. But he makes absolutely retarded gameplay decisions and can't price his own game to save his life, so in the end Cogmind is an overpriced piece of garbage. Which is a shame. It could have been good.

Well, there are two lessons to learn:
1) If you can look up information (in-game, at least), then do it. The information at is available from examining an alligator snapping turtle.

2) It's occasionally not a bad idea to pay attention to message spam. You can literally see in your image that it says, "The alligator snapping turtle bites you from afar!!" (and the two exclamation points means it did quite a bit of damage; in fact, arguably the biggest lesson would be learning who's dealing the most damage to you and figuring out why)

>Crawl devs claim it's a straightforward game because they remove everything
>meanwhile this happens to noobs

>no merfolk runs

found your problem.

I did look it up, but usually the amount of damage it does wasn't that important, so I instead look at its resistances and it's "Danger level".

Yes, I did basically tap 1 and 4 a few times to walk away, and that's what killed me. But I thought I could bloody walk away from a slow ass turtle. Yes, I could play the game veerrrryyy slowly, but that usually isn't all that fun or rewarding, and only makes dying feel even worse, so I try to go at a mid pace, not rapid tapping but not too slow either. I THOUGHT I could walk, so I did without thinking, assuming he couldn't

Are they good?

They have +4 polearms, so you hit mindelay by lair 1, they can reach a tile, so you always get at least one turn to swing before your enemy could ever hit you. They can swim in deep and shallow water, and when they do, they're fast as spriggans, and have increased dodge. you can literally sit in deep water two tiles away from big bads and just poke them until they die. Yeah, they're p good.

Yermak actually did this quite a bit during the 0.20 tournament. I thought it was idiotic at first, but I guess the increase to HP and slight melee bonus was useful.

Alright. I'm looking to play a real roguelike since the closest I have played is elona+ and dwarf fort adventure mode with tiles.

I see Cataclysm DDA listed under open world roguelikes with elona+ inferno in the what to play pastebin, should I start there or go to a more beginner centric roguelike?

Sometimes, information that usually isn't important is actually important. If you knew this you'd be able to afford a real computer and you wouldn't have to play roguelike games.

I have a pretty good computer now, I just really want to beat crawl.

Jump straight in to whatever it is that appeals to you. There's nothing about roguelikes that's so complex that you'd need to start out with a training wheels game so long as you understand the basic concept, which you do. Also wikis exist for serious trouble spots.

>CDDA
>real roguelike

we sanic now

(I'm MiBe so this is perfect)

1learndb add

>demonspawn
>have boots of running
>get boots of flying for shoals
>feet turn into hooves
NO

>a shitposter comes into view

in my fork the demonspawn hooves mutation will give you water walking

>The shitposter reees!
>You hear a shout! (x32)

I think Im going to die, but maybe not, I have faith in the RNG

Shut up frogposter

>try a merfolk for the first time >Try okawaru for the first time aswell
oh my goodness gracious everything is dying

I will sacrifice a chicken to RNGesus tomorrow

Ah yes, the classic 1 Strength battleaxe user.

But it's shiny and hurts orcs, wish it was something ofc

lrn 2 read

do you think dowan and duwessa

what do

>cast conjure flame
>enemy stops in front of it
>cast poison vapor
>they walk into the fire
>hit them while they stand in a cloud of flame like a double minotaur

advanced strats, huh

conjure flame it is

please stop discussing secret techs

the devs are always listening

g-gomen

what the fuck hahahahah

just berserk and play them like any braindead melee class

>Going Fast
What a name.

indeed it works

FeCj of Vehumet

1. Fulminant prism everything.
2. Try to survive long enough to get invisibility.
3. That's it.

Don't listen to that faggot, bee the best frogposter you can bee : ^ )

Stay away from CDDA and DCSS. Both are cancer. Just don't get near them.
Play whatever else you want. Want some fantasy? Sil. Want to shoot Demons and beat them up? DoomRL. Want to be the demons? Demon. Want to confront Lovecraftian horrors and die before getting past depth 2? Infra Arcana. Shoot up technobarbbarian mutants and shit? Caves of Qud.
And whatever else, as long as not CDDA and DCSS.

How much of either have you played?

>Both are cancer

Your mom's cancer, CDDA is great

You've never used Oka before? Well, this should be an easy win for you, then. Even though Trog has some ridiculous abilities (early game Berserk = free ticket to Lair), Oka is still arguably the best melee god, simply because his abilities are good for the entire game and armor gifts are often quite nice.

turtles have long neck

thank

I don't know, but enough.
To be fair to CDDA, it actually is quite good for autism and wasting time in muh open world gameplay. Sandbox is a big meme though at the end of the day.
And to be fair to DCSS, it used to be better, so maybe if he plays like 100 versions ago.

What happened to DCSS? All I remember is that it used to be more interesting but I can't quite remember what was removed. At this point nothing interesting is being added though (frog people are fun though).

The game is boring because whenever you get a character rolling its either a free win or you get randomly abyssed by chance (you cant do anything against this) and die
This is just a shitty mechanism to keep the win rates lower to not make the game seem casual